roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

On 6/30/2017 at 8:30 AM, roy86 said:

Benefit of cloud and BitBucket/Git. Everything is safe and accessible.

Thanks for the advice mate... there was never a firm date or "time" because of exactly that. Generally referred as "Soon" or very recently "June is the target".

The "teasing" of the content & framework will not be in vain as it will be released anyway, just not the full mission.

Cheers,

indeed

i back stuff up on USB every day, nothin like hard copies (no i dont print shit out on paper lol)

43 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

i back stuff up on USB every day, nothin like hard copies (no i dont print shit out on paper lol)

That too with a portable copy of poseidon ;)

17 hours ago, ss9 said:

Sorry about your computer.  That sucks!

Surge protector?

:( Had one, seemed to have no effect.

I do want to shout out to all the people who offered to assist. I've had offers of cash, parts and even a whole machine. I cannot say enough how humbled I am to have such support from the community and I really appreciate all the offers. I have already ordered all the parts for the new machine and I should be up and running by next week or so.

Cheers,

• Like 4

The MP Framework has been released. 

You can download HERE. 

Patrol Ops 4 is estimated to be released Q3 2017. 

• Like 1

Q3? you meant September 30, 2017. The last day of Q3. :yawn::yawn:

But, I'm sure many of us here do agree with me that Roy don't need to wait that long to release.

I know it's here.. I can smell it through my LAN cable.

UPDATE: I got it! WOO HOO!

I wasn't using position[] = "AWG_P_MTC"; to reference the Parent  Task Position. I was using position = "AWG_P_MTC""

My only issue in the task icon doesn't show. I will now try and move the location to the child task, and create the LZ from there. 

Hi Roy, 

I am trying to create 2 tasks. "Move to LZ" task, and a "Objective" task. My problem is I cannot get the 2 tasks to be within 1500 meters of each other. 

I've tried a bunch of different combinations by referencing positions to markers. 

I can create the 2 tasks, but I need the task 2 to be close to task 1, or vise versa. 

Here is my latest attempt.... When I reference the class AWG_C_LZ in the position of AWG_C_MTC, it doesn't work. 

While we are waiting for PO4, anyone play PO3 without any addons?

My team is currently developing package that contains various scripts that enhance vanilla experiences. Such as 3rd view restriction, advanced sling load, air assault, ear plugs, and etc.

If you community is doing similar thing, I would like to ask how do you guys enhance the mission.

Thanks all!

Hi Axion, 

Have you tried the framework? Towing, Fast Roping, 3rd person view restrictions. 

I am just scratching the surface with basic task building. There is a whole lot more there. 

Hi Roy, 

Questions on the Framework. 

How do you get the mission to start with a random task, either parent or child? 

I've tried different scope and typeID settings. I've tried creating a task that starts at the base marker for a briefing and would complete _areadefended objective.

I see the wiki says typeID is INDEV. I noticed the example config.hpp file show typeID is reserved 0 to 99. 

Is there a way to automatically assign the first parent or child task? 

For example, one of my ideas is to have a parent task I.E. Kill Something. Then have a set of child tasks, I.E. Conduct Briefing, Move to LZ, Move to AA, Move to LOD, etc etc. I would like the first task, auto assigned, then the next.

I've set the "sharedObjectives" in the editor to no effect. 

Is there a way to reinforce or counter attack with opfor? Can the opfor insert by paradrop or fast roping? 

I think you have a winner here, developing into a full mission building framework. Early I know, but what I am seeing looks great.  It's pretty easy to crank out units, and tasks. Format is close to PO3, but so much easier to change things. Looking forward to the modules. 

Thanks for your work. You should set up something like LARROW has with the buy him a beer thing....:-). 

2 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Hi Axion, 

Have you tried the framework? Towing, Fast Roping, 3rd person view restrictions. 

I am just scratching the surface with basic task building. There is a whole lot more there. 

The goal of this package is not just for one mission, yet various missions we going to play and do it without hassle.

I don't want to putting every single scripts by hand and confuse others who also work on enhancing the mission. by using this package, it can be done by few clicks and it looks organized and easy to navigate.

Hello, 

I am trying to write some missions up and I am wondering, what method do you use for the compositions and how do you call them into a mission?

First, review here about compositions..

http://arma.roy86.com.au/index.php/Task_Framework_Compositions

class My_Task_1 {
	class Compositions {
		class 3DEN_composition_1 {
			typeIDs[] = {"3DEN_1","3DEN_2"};
			position = "positionOffset";
			distance[] = {10,50};
			direction[] = {-350,25};
			angle[] = {-327,80};
			faction = "Blu_F";
			groupTypes[] = {"Squad8","Squad4"};
			downloadIntel = 0.8;
		};
	};
};

The tricky thing is getting placed exactly where you want them. I read if you make a composition in the editor, and save it, then call it, it will be place where it was created, unless scripted to appear somewhere else. 

I put down a VR Target as a reference, then got the coordinates for position from it, then used the above code to place the composition. Delete the VR target after. 

You can use a the mission marker to place as well. 

Here is an example of the text agruments for reference, along with code to see it in your editor. The number on the left is % number used in the code.  

The number is determined on the order of the text agrument, and the number of arguments used. 

text_Arguments.png

Spoiler
description[] =
{
"<font>1 briefingname = %1</font>",
"<font>2 datetime = %2</font>",
"<font>3 factionblulong = %3</font>",
"<font>4 factionblushort = %4</font>",
"<font>5 factionbluside = %5</font>",
"<font>6 factionopflong = %6</font>",
"<font>7 factionopfshort = %7</font>",
"<font>8 factionopfside = %8</font>",
"<font>9 gridreference = %9</font>",
"<font>10 hh = %10</font>",
"<font>11 hh : mm = %11</font>",
"<font>12 hh : mm : ss = %12</font>",
"<font>13 missionname = %13</font>",
"<font>14 nearestlocation = %14</font>",
"<font>15 nearesttown = %15</font>",
"<font>16 operationname = %16</font>",
"<font>17 playername = %17</font>",
"<font>18 randomcode = %18</font>",
"<font>19 servername = %19</font>",
"<font>20 worldname = %20</font>",
"<font>21 worldregion = %21</font>",
"<font>22 vehiclename = %22</font>",
};

textArguments[] =
{
"briefingname", //%1
"datetime", //%2
"factionblulong", //%3
"factionblushort", //%4
"factionbluside", //%5
"factionopflong", //%6
"factionopfshort", //%7
"factionopfside", //%8
"gridreference", //%9
"hh", //%10
"hh:mm", //%11
"hh:mm:ss", //%12
"missionname", //%13
"nearestlocation", //%14
"nearesttown", //%15
"operationname", //%16
"playername", //%17
"randomcode", //%18
"servername", //%19
"worldname", //%20
"worldregion", //%21
"vehiclename" //%22
};

• Like 1

Comment Removed. 

Edited by Blackheart_Six
Comments Removed

Hi all, Hi Blackheart_Six,

I'm working on a dedicated server intended to pass public in a few days with Patrol ops 3.1 on it.

I expect some problems with the visitors so I'd like to only give the admin the power to assign players as pilots, and not each squad leader. (if it's possible)

I looked in fn_setaspilot which refers to PO3_fnc_setAsPilot

But that type of scripting is way above my head.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Nikopol,

I think you need to look at "fn_sqdmodFunctions.sqf", line 131 to 134. Remove the following code in line 132. This should only allow administrators to assign pilots. 

I believe if you take the pilot slot, you still can fly. Also, if you occupy the co-pilot seat, you can take controls. But it's been so long since I've play PO3, I am not sure on that. 

&& !([group PO3_sqdmod_VAR_selectedUnit,player] call PO3_fnc_isTeamLeader)

NOTE: Always make a copy of the file your editing and/or the line of code. 

Comments Removed

Edited by Blackheart_Six
Comments Removed

Will be back online soon to go through all the questions/feedback. I'll also post up the discord channel for MPSF/PO dev so we can discuss this there instead of the PO thread.

Cheers,

Hello, me again.

I tried to put the AAF as the AI enemy faction on a Patrol ops Nato

In patrol ops configuration.hpp

I changed;

PO3_side_1 = [ west, "BLU_F", "NATO" ];        // Player Side
PO3_side_2 = [ east, "OPF_F", "CSAT" ];        // Player Side 2 (TvT)
PO3_side_3 = [ guer, "IND_F", "AAF" ];        // AI Side (Tasks and Ambient)

But it doesn't work. Error undefined variable for guer, no task is launching.  I tried also independent and resistance on the first entry instead of guer

3 hours ago, Nikopol said:

Hello, me again.

I tried to put the AAF as the AI enemy faction on a Patrol ops Nato

In patrol ops configuration.hpp

I changed;

PO3_side_3 = [ guer, "IND_F", "AAF" ];        // AI Side (Tasks and Ambient)

But it doesn't work. Error undefined variable for guer, no task is launching.  I tried also independent and resistance on the first entry instead of guer

independent is the correct side for AAF

Here's what I changed so far, but still no tasks:

Also I used some Apex units for inependent, might be the problem

// ==== PO3 Side Configuration =============================================================================
    PO3_side_3 = [ independent, "IND_F", "AAF" ];        // AI Side (Tasks and Ambient)

// ==== PO3 Enemy Unit Groups ==============================================================================
PO3_preDefinedEnemySquads = [
/* NATO Forces
     ["EN_GroupForce_0", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_GL_F","B_Soldier_AR_F","B_Soldier_AAR_F"]        // Fireteam 0
    ,["EN_GroupForce_1", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_GL_F","B_Soldier_AT_F","B_Soldier_AAT_F"]        // Fireteam 1
    ,["EN_GroupForce_2", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_GL_F","B_Soldier_AT_F","B_Soldier_LAT_F"]        // Fireteam 2
    ,["EN_GroupForce_3", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_GL_F","B_Soldier_AA_F","B_Soldier_AAA_F"]        // Fireteam 3
    ,["EN_GroupForce_4", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_AR_F","B_Soldier_AAR_F"]        // Fireteam 4
    ,["EN_GroupForce_5", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_AT_F","B_Soldier_AAT_F"]        // Fireteam 5
    ,["EN_GroupForce_6", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_AT_F","B_soldier_exp_F"]        // Fireteam 6
    ,["EN_GroupForce_7", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_AA_F","B_Soldier_AAA_F"]        // Fireteam 7
    ,["EN_GroupForce_8", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_GL_F","B_Soldier_A_F"]            // Fireteam 8
    ,["EN_GroupForce_9", ["B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_A_F","B_Soldier_LAT_F"]            // Fireteam 9
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup0", ["B_recon_TL_F","B_recon_F","B_recon_LAT_F","B_recon_M_F"] ]                // Fireteam Recon 0
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup1", ["B_recon_TL_F","B_recon_F","B_recon_LAT_F","B_recon_medic_F"] ]            // Fireteam Recon 1
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup2", ["B_recon_TL_F","B_recon_JTAC_F","B_recon_M_F","B_recon_exp_F"] ]            // Fireteam Recon 2
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup3", ["B_recon_TL_F","B_recon_JTAC_F","B_recon_LAT_F","B_recon_exp_F"] ]        // Fireteam Recon 3
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup4", ["B_recon_TL_F","B_recon_JTAC_F","B_recon_LAT_F","B_recon_medic_F"] ]        // Fireteam Recon 4
    ,["EN_Squad_Divers", ["B_diver_TL_F","B_diver_F","B_diver_F","B_diver_exp_F"] ]                    // Diver Team 0
    ,["EN_Squad_Sniper", ["B_sniper_F","B_spotter_F"] ]                                                // Sniper Team 0
*/
/* CSAT Forces 
     ["EN_GroupForce_0", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_GL_F","O_Soldier_AR_F","O_Soldier_AAR_F"]    // Fireteam 0
    ,["EN_GroupForce_1", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_GL_F","O_Soldier_AT_F","O_Soldier_AAT_F"]    // Fireteam 1
    ,["EN_GroupForce_2", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_GL_F","O_Soldier_AT_F","O_Soldier_LAT_F"]    // Fireteam 2
    ,["EN_GroupForce_3", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_GL_F","O_Soldier_AA_F","O_Soldier_AAA_F"]    // Fireteam 3
    ,["EN_GroupForce_4", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_F","O_Soldier_AR_F","O_Soldier_AAR_F"]        // Fireteam 4
    ,["EN_GroupForce_5", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_F","O_Soldier_AT_F","O_Soldier_AAT_F"]        // Fireteam 5
    ,["EN_GroupForce_6", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_F","O_Soldier_AT_F","O_soldier_exp_F"]        // Fireteam 6
    ,["EN_GroupForce_7", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_F","O_Soldier_AA_F","O_Soldier_AAA_F"]        // Fireteam 7
    ,["EN_GroupForce_8", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_F","O_Soldier_GL_F","O_Soldier_A_F"]        // Fireteam 8
    ,["EN_GroupForce_9", ["O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Soldier_F","O_Soldier_A_F","O_Soldier_LAT_F"]        // Fireteam 9
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup0", ["O_recon_TL_F","O_recon_F","O_recon_LAT_F","O_recon_M_F"] ]                // Fireteam Recon 0
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup1", ["O_recon_TL_F","O_recon_F","O_recon_LAT_F","O_recon_medic_F"] ]            // Fireteam Recon 1
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup2", ["O_recon_TL_F","O_recon_JTAC_F","O_recon_M_F","O_recon_exp_F"] ]            // Fireteam Recon 2
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup3", ["O_recon_TL_F","O_recon_JTAC_F","O_recon_LAT_F","O_recon_exp_F"] ]            // Fireteam Recon 3
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup4", ["O_recon_TL_F","O_recon_JTAC_F","O_recon_LAT_F","O_recon_medic_F"] ]        // Fireteam Recon 4
    ,["EN_Squad_Divers", ["O_diver_TL_F","O_diver_F","O_diver_F","O_diver_exp_F"] ]                    // Diver Team 0
    ,["EN_Squad_Sniper", ["O_sniper_F","O_spotter_F"] ]                                                // Sniper Team 0
*/    
/* AAF Forces */
     ["EN_GroupForce_0", ["I_C_Soldier_Para_1_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_6_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_8_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_5_F"]]        // Fireteam 0
    ,["EN_GroupForce_1", ["I_C_Soldier_Bandit_1_F","I_C_Soldier_Bandit_2_F","I_C_Soldier_Bandit_4_F","I_C_Soldier_Bandit_5_F"]]        // Fireteam 1
    ,["EN_GroupForce_2", ["    I_C_Soldier_Bandit_8_F","I_C_Soldier_Bandit_7_F","I_C_Soldier_Bandit_6_F","    I_C_Soldier_Bandit_5_F"]]        // Fireteam 2
    ,["EN_GroupForce_3", ["    I_C_Soldier_Bandit_4_F","I_C_Soldier_Bandit_3_F","I_C_Soldier_Bandit_2_F","I_C_Soldier_Bandit_1_F"]]        // Fireteam 3
    ,["EN_GroupForce_4", ["I_C_Soldier_Para_8_F","    I_C_Soldier_Para_7_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_6_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_3_F"]]        // Fireteam 4
    ,["EN_GroupForce_5", ["    I_C_Soldier_Bandit_5_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_3_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_2_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_5_F"]]        // Fireteam 5
    ,["EN_GroupForce_6", ["I_Soldier_SL_F","I_Soldier_lite_F","I_soldier_F","I_Soldier_AR_F"]]        // Fireteam 6
    ,["EN_GroupForce_7", ["I_Soldier_TL_F","    I_Soldier_LAT_F","    I_medic_F","I_Soldier_exp_F"]]        // Fireteam 7
    ,["EN_GroupForce_8", ["I_Soldier_SL_F","I_Soldier_F","I_Soldier_GL_F","I_Soldier_AA_F"]]            // Fireteam 8
    ,["EN_GroupForce_9", ["I_Soldier_TL_F","I_medic_F","I_Soldier_M_F","I_Soldier_LAT_F"]]            // Fireteam 9
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup0", ["I_G_Soldier_M_F","I_G_Soldier_exp_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Sharpshooter_F"]]    // Fireteam Recon 0
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup1", ["I_C_Soldier_Para_5_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_3_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_2_F","I_C_Soldier_Para_1_F"]]             // Fireteam Recon 1
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup2", ["I_Soldier_TL_F","I_Soldier_GL_F","I_Soldier_M_F","I_Soldier_exp_F"]]     // Fireteam Recon 2
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup3", ["I_Soldier_TL_F","I_Soldier_GL_F","I_Soldier_LAT_F","I_Soldier_exp_F"]]     // Fireteam Recon 3
    ,["EN_PatrolGroup4", ["I_Soldier_TL_F","I_Soldier_GL_F","I_Soldier_LAT_F","I_medic_F"]]         // Fireteam Recon 4
    ,["EN_Squad_Divers", ["I_diver_TL_F","I_diver_F","I_diver_F","I_diver_exp_F"]]                 // Diver Team 0
    ,["EN_Squad_Sniper", ["I_sniper_F","I_spotter_F"]]                                            // Sniper Team 0
];

PO3_CfgSpawner_PreDefinedSquads = PO3_preDefinedEnemySquads;

// ==== PO3 Enemy vehicle Spawner ==========================================================================
PO3_preDefinedEnemyVehicles = [
/* NATO Forces */
/* 0 - Anti Air Vehicles          ["B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F"] */
/* 1 - Attack Helos         ,["B_Heli_Attack_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F"] */
/* 2 - Attack Planes         ,["B_UAV_02_CAS_F","B_UAV_02_F"] */
/* 3 - Heavy Vehicles         ,["B_MBT_01_cannon_F","B_MBT_01_TUSK_F"] */
/* 4 - Light Vehicles         ,["B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","B_MRAP_01_gmg_F"] */
/* 5 - Medium Vehicles         ,["B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F","B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F"] */
/* 6 - Mobile Artillery     ,["B_MBT_01_arty_F","B_MBT_01_mlrs_F"] */
/* 7 - Transport Helos         ,["B_Heli_Light_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F"] */
/* 8 - Transport Planes     ,[] */
/* 9 - Transport Trucks     ,["B_Truck_01_covered_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F"] */
/*10 - Static Defence        ,["B_GMG_01_high_F","B_HMG_01_high_F","B_static_AA_F","B_static_AT_F","B_Mortar_01_F"] */
/*11 - Boats                 ,["B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F"] */
/*12 - UAV                     ,["B_UAV_02_CAS_F","B_UAV_02_F"] */
/*13 - UGV                    ,["B_UGV_01_F","B_UGV_01_rcws_F"] */
/*14 - Support                 ,["B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F","B_Truck_01_ammo_F","B_Truck_01_fuel_F"] */
/*15 - Submarines             ,["B_SDV_01_F"] */

/* CSAT Forces */
/* 0 - Anti Air Vehicles      [] */
/* 1 - Attack Helos         ,[] */
/* 2 - Attack Planes         ,[] */
/* 3 - Heavy Vehicles         ,[] */
/* 4 - Light Vehicles         ,[] */
/* 5 - Medium Vehicles         ,[] */
/* 6 - Mobile Artillery     ,["O_MBT_02_arty_F"] */
/* 7 - Transport Helos         ,["O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F","O_Heli_Attack_02_F","O_Heli_Light_02_F","O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F"] */
/* 8 - Transport Planes     ,[] */
/* 9 - Transport Trucks     ,["O_Truck_02_covered_F","O_Truck_02_transport_F"] */
/*10 - Static Defence         ,[] */
/*11 - Boats                 ,["O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F"] */
/*12 - UAV                     ,["O_UAV_02_CAS_F","O_UAV_02_F"] */
/*13 - UGV                     ,["O_UGV_01_F","O_UGV_01_rcws_F"] */
/*14 - Support                 ,["O_Truck_02_ammo_F","O_Truck_02_fuel_F"] */
/*15 - Submarines             ,["O_SDV_01_F"] */

/* AAF Forces */
/* 0 - Anti Air Vehicles */     [] 
/* 1 - Attack Helos    */        ,["I_Heli_light_03_F","O_Heli_Attack_02_F"] 
/* 2 - Attack Planes */        ,["I_Plane_Fighter_03_AA_F","I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F"] 
/* 3 - Heavy Vehicles     */    ,[] 
/* 4 - Light Vehicles */    ,["I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","I_C_Offroad_02_unarmed_olive_F",    "I_C_Offroad_02_unarmed_F"] 
/* 5 - Medium Vehicles */    ,[] 
/* 6 - Mobile Artillery */    ,["O_MBT_02_arty_F"] 
/* 7 - Transport Helos     */    ,["I_Heli_Transport_02_F","I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F"] 
/* 8 - Transport Planes */    ,[] 
/* 9 - Transport Trucks */    ,["I_Truck_02_covered_F","I_Truck_02_transport_F","I_G_Van_01_transport_F"] 
/*10 - Static Defence     */    ,[] 
/*11 - Boats     */            ,["I_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F"] 
/*12 - UAV         */            ,["I_UAV_02_CAS_F","I_UAV_02_F"] 
/*13 - UGV         */            ,["I_UGV_01_F","I_UGV_01_rcws_F"] 
/*14 - Support     */            ,["I_Truck_02_ammo_F","I_Truck_02_fuel_F"] 
/*15 - Submarines */            ,["I_SDV_01_F"] 
];
PO3_CfgSpawner_PreDefinedVehicles = PO3_preDefinedEnemyVehicles;

First PO3 Side configuration is not correct. It is resistance. Not independent. If you look at the AAF unpack file of PO3 you will see the correct formatting. Instead of side 1 use it for side 3. 

Correct formatting:

// ==== PO3 Side Configuration =============================================================================
	PO3_side_1 = [ resistance, "IND_F", "AAF" ];		// Player Side
	PO3_side_2 = [ west, "BLU_F", "NATO" ];		// Player Side 2 (TvT)
	PO3_side_3 = [ west, "BLU_F", "NATO" ];		// AI Side (Tasks and Ambient)

// ==== PO3 Enemy Unit Groups ==============================================================================

PO3_side_1 = [ west, "BLU_F", "NATO" ];        // Player Side
    PO3_side_2 = [ east, "OPF_F", "CSAT" ];        // Player Side 2 (TvT)
    PO3_side_3 = [ independent, "IND_F", "AAF" ];        // AI Side (Tasks and Ambient)

Next, you have some spaces between the left quote and the start of the object. Clean those up, and test. 

["EN_GroupForce_2", ["    I_C_Soldier_Bandit_8_F",

What I did when replacing units was use the NATO PO3 files, and just replaced the OPFOR forces with the units I needed. I did not edit the section PO3 Side Configuration. 

Sorry guys, bit off-topic from the heavy coding discussion - looking forward to PO4, running PO3.1 at the moment (one of the first things I hunted down when I got Arma 3, was a big fan of PO back in the Arma 2 days).

Was just wondering if I'm missing something - is there AI recruitment functionality, or is that coming in PO4? Only work-around I've found so far is using Squadmod to steal the crew from the base air defences, which then involves a lot of trips back and forth to the Virtual Ammobox dropping gear sets for them.

And of course they're finite, so when the BTR arrives to wreak havoc on my soft-skinned supply convoy, we're a bit SOL if people get blowed up, see :P