roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

I've updated the version of PO4 on my server so the person occupying the officer slot has access to F4 - Operations on the tablet, and can process intel.

PO4 Released for S.O.G. Prairie Fire

To Celebrate the release of SOG DLC, Patrol Ops 4 is launching with a specific version for the DLC adapted to support the UI and features operations tailored to the map. The initial version release is putting the player in the OPFOR PAVN vs US Army MACV.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2475615371

People's Army of Vietnam (PAVN)

https://www.roy86.com.au/arma/patrol-operations/

The year is 1968 and the Vietnam War is reaching its peak. The elite MACV-SOG reconnaissance team is attempting to stop the flow of materials down the Ho Chi Minh Trail by hunting and destroying the PAVN 559th Transportation Group. As the PAVN, locate targets of opportunity, gather intel to complete key operations and push back the MACV-SOG forces.

A dynamic mission generator with random objectives designed for combined-arms co-operative tactical gameplay by larger groups of players.

Patrol Operations is a co-operative mission set on various maps, configured for different sides, with diverse, randomly-generated tasks. Players must work as a team to engage in tactical missions scaled in difficulty with player count. Task locations, enemy forces and scenarios are randomised to ensure players have an interesting experience every time the mission is replayed.

I hope you enjoy and please stand by as the rest of the versions are released for Altis, Malden and Tanoa editions including Blufor and Opfor playable factions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

To Celebrate the release of SOG DLC, Patrol Ops 4 is launching with a specific version for the DLC adapted to support the UI and features operations tailored to the map. Bother versions are now available for PAVN and US Army MACV.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2479717868

https://www.roy86.com.au/arma/patrol-operations/

More enhancements will follow as new tasks, operations and features will be upgraded and added.

I hope you enjoy and please stand by as the rest of the versions are released for Altis, Malden and Tanoa editions including Blufor and Opfor playable factions.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to create groups?  I'm trying this in SP for the first time, and I have 30+ soldiers, all Privates, and all listed as group leaders in separate groups.  How can I create a squad?

45 minutes ago, holliday50 said:

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to create groups?  I'm trying this in SP for the first time, and I have 30+ soldiers, all Privates, and all listed as group leaders in separate groups.  How can I create a squad?

Go to your "intel Docuements" and Tab 2 (F2) is your squad management. There you can have them join your squad and on Tab 3 (f3) you can assign them ranks and roles.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:52 PM, roy86 said:

Go to your "intel Docuements" and Tab 2 (F2) is your squad management. There you can have them join your squad and on Tab 3 (f3) you can assign them ranks and roles.

Looks like I was missing the Recruit step?  I wasn't able to get anybody in my squad until visiting the Recruit building.  Unfortunately, assigning them roles completely jacked them up.  For example, assigning the "Medic" role to a soldier changed all of his gear to modern gear.  Is there a way to change or edit their gear after you've recruited them?

20 hours ago, holliday50 said:

Looks like I was missing the Recruit step?  I wasn't able to get anybody in my squad until visiting the Recruit building.  Unfortunately, assigning them roles completely jacked them up.  For example, assigning the "Medic" role to a soldier changed all of his gear to modern gear.  Is there a way to change or edit their gear after you've recruited them?

ah yes, that is a bug when i was porting some code over from the Altis version. Will have that fixed shortly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

late to this game mode. 

is this working? the website links are down.

nearly 9 years later and still no working patrol ops for arma 3 😕

maybe with arma 4 release 😄

• Like 2

Sadly, have not had any time to implement the updates and test. I will notify once the time is possible.

• Sad 3

Still on my backlog of things to do. Haven't left ARMA yet 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Wonder how today's news and release of Arma Reforger/4 affects this project?

Starting over? or Stick a fork in it?

Never mind Answered...

Dev Patrol Ops Reforged already up on the workshop...Nice.

It is NON-FUNCTIONING.

9 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

It is NON-FUNCTIONING.

Need to learn how enfusion works first 😉

Yea without a doubt. I am VERY lost right now. I just figured out how to create a script file.

Now what goes in it, is a completely different story. Oh boy... fun times.

I think this will be amazing once it gets going.

If you can create an object, and it's local to the mission, and everyone that plays doesn't need to install a mod to use it, thats huge. That is my understanding of it right now. Maybe wrong. 

2 hours ago, roy86 said:

Need to learn how enfusion works first 😉

We have faith! I was really glad to see Patrol Ops is still on the go.

On 5/19/2022 at 12:05 AM, Blackheart_Six said:

If you can create an object, and it's local to the mission, and everyone that plays doesn't need to install a mod to use it, thats huge. That is my understanding of it right now. Maybe wrong. 

I always try and not have dependancies but I think for the Enfusion/Reforged look of things, everything is a mod so while I won't have any intermod dependancies, PO will be technically a mod. (I was toying with that idea when I created the precursor MPSF mod)

Interesting times with Reforger now. Will be interesting to see how "Patrol Ops Reforger" progresses!!!