roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

I dropped off discord so not up on the latest scuttlebutt. Just getting back into Arma 3 after a break. I hope something soon.

Yes this is still very active. I took a break over christmas to be with family and now putting together the final build ready for release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I appreciate the patience.

• Like 3

LOL Thanks mate, I hear you but RL has to come first 😉

IMHO.....

Have to agree with @teabagginpeople. There are not that many high quality coop missions. Things are stale, if not dead in the COOP realm. To me, Combat Patrol was not as envisioned, and constrained. Sometimes it seems BI comes up just short of the goal line when they release something. Luckily, they have a great community of coders, modders, and programmers who can make some great stuff((I.E. Patrol Ops 3.0). I'm just a consumer. 🙂 

Of course, I am all in for the framework aspect of it, as well as PO4.

I think with Roy's approach to creating a framework, along with PO4, there is still a lot of anticipation to get this out there. If the A3 MPSF is still along the same lines as July 2017(wow, that long now), then it will a great framework. The task framework was very easy to create missions, and it was wasn't even a finished product. 

Good things come to those who wait. I know many are frustrated this isn't released(PO4/A3MPSF). I am, to be honest, but I've always been a firm believer "Form Follows Function". It will be a much better product if it functions correctly, then just look good. 

I'm just :hang:around. 

• Like 1

Lol thanks for the support. I can assure you I'm making progress with the release build. RL as always has thrown curveballs which is eating up my time but I'm still committed to getting this done, properly.

🤨  please refer to previous post

ROY!!!! How have you been man ? I haven't spoken to you since 2006 lol. Dunno if you remember me, once upon a time I had hosted your Patops2 on a server and was adding stuff to your mod and was helping with bug fixes and vice-versa.

Well I was reminiscing the other day with a clan and I overhyped Patrol Ops 2 and of course nobody wants to go back to Arma 2 when Arma 3 is out God forbid lol... So here I am sigh 🙂

Was going to offer my help but I think I'm late to the party, Version 3 seriously ? You're a busy beaver heh. I'll see if I can port over the changes I made once upon a time but looking at the work I have a feeling there's not much I can implement that you haven't thought of already. We'll see though who knows.

Thank you very much for continuing this work I was actually going to msg you and beg to port to Arma 3 until I found this thread haha

21 hours ago, pr0ph3t said:

ROY!!!! How have you been man ? I haven't spoken to you since 2006 lol. Dunno if you remember me, once upon a time I had hosted your Patops2 on a server and was adding stuff to your mod and was helping with bug fixes and vice-versa.

Well I was reminiscing the other day with a clan and I overhyped Patrol Ops 2 and of course nobody wants to go back to Arma 2 when Arma 3 is out God forbid lol... So here I am sigh 🙂

Was going to offer my help but I think I'm late to the party, Version 3 seriously ? You're a busy beaver heh. I'll see if I can port over the changes I made once upon a time but looking at the work I have a feeling there's not much I can implement that you haven't thought of already. We'll see though who knows.

Thank you very much for continuing this work I was actually going to msg you and beg to port to Arma 3 until I found this thread haha

Thanks mate, currently working on version 4 which you can get a copy of the beta through steam.

Depending on the changes, it may not be an easy thing to port your changes

Lol, yeah... part of my job is doing that sort of stuff so thought I should at least lead by example.

Hmmmmm, so how do we know this is the real Roy? Maybe ...... you are an AI Chat bot. 🤖

The only way to tell would be to finish PO4 and release it!

• Haha 1

Have to say this been playing your mission for last 3 years and its been a blast kept it updated and used it to convert it over to a Halo edition of it. However unfortunately can not find a way to use ACE Medical system with this. IF anyone knows how let me know! Keep up the good work and looking forward to your next smashing hit!

Hello!

I am loving PO4 but I am having lots of issues with the revive system in it. Is there any way to disable that system from being used?

15 hours ago, Theassassinzz said:

Hello!

I am loving PO4 but I am having lots of issues with the revive system in it. Is there any way to disable that system from being used?

If you track back through this thread or jump on the Discord channel, there are all the steps to disable it.

Hello

Is there a way to remove grass ?

For the missions, I patroled for 1 hour with a copter > no intel, i dont know what to do in fact.

Thanks

For PO4, try walking/driving, speaking with Civs etc. Plus it is only Beta and prone to breaks atm. Final build is underway.

ok thank you it works, i found intels 🙂

In the ops center, intel appears with missions, is there a way to affect a mission to a task or is there something to do to activate it.

I visit a place of a mission (refuel for ennemy helo), but there was nothing.

By the way, nice work, it seems very fun, more dynamic and more realistic than usual missions 🙂

On 7/25/2019 at 2:41 PM, Flying-Coyotus said:

ok thank you it works, i found intels 🙂

In the ops center, intel appears with missions, is there a way to affect a mission to a task or is there something to do to activate it.

I visit a place of a mission (refuel for ennemy helo), but there was nothing.

By the way, nice work, it seems very fun, more dynamic and more realistic than usual missions 🙂

Might be wrong here but, I think you have to log into the server as an admin or vote yourself as admin during the mission, to get the missions to activate properly. If this is what you are talking about.

I don’t speak about mission xxxx.pbo from lobby but the tasks that appear on the map from ops intel, once you get some intels 

On 7/30/2019 at 8:46 AM, Flying-Coyotus said:

I don’t speak about mission xxxx.pbo from lobby but the tasks that appear on the map from ops intel, once you get some intels 

Yeah, I was not able to get them them activate unless I was the admin, well on the server I was playing on that is how i got it working.