roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

I didnt realise this was so actively developed. Its the first time Ive seen it (yet, Ive been in the community for 15 years) great job. 

We are running a server with a variant modified for our modpack. (Afghan civies and allthat)

The version I use is a few weeks old. I may have missed a patch. Is it allready possible to limit the number of weapons for aircraft. i.e 40x gbu12 available, 10x agm65 available, etc. 

The following issue is probably more of a BI issue than it is a Patrol Ops issue but nevertheless, I did encounter it here.

I saw a AI about 900m away and decided to take a couple of shots. I hit him 4 times (saw the blood spatter) but he didn't move. I had seen this a long time ago maybe once or twice in other missions. When I drove down to take a closer look, I encountered a group of 4 in the area, so it wasn't as if this AI was a phantom. Odd

21 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

The following issue is probably more of a BI issue than it is a Patrol Ops issue but nevertheless, I did encounter it here.

I saw a AI about 900m away and decided to take a couple of shots. I hit him 4 times (saw the blood spatter) but he didn't move. I had seen this a long time ago maybe once or twice in other missions. When I drove down to take a closer look, I encountered a group of 4 in the area, so it wasn't as if this AI was a phantom. Odd

This is related to the casual stance they are set in when randomly walking around. Changed to aware behaviour in next update to fix this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Roy, just a quick.... well, I suppose bug report, but I recognise that procedural generation can throw this sort of thing up! Had a "destroy the enemy transmitter" operation come up in a mountainous part of Altis, and, well...

imUJ6v5.jpg

Sadly it seems that CSAT's new granite-reinforced radio transmitters are impervious both to large amounts of land-based explosives, and large bombs.

NCfuWRU.jpg

s1Te5tj.jpg

RAVWQ4N.jpg

Hopefully a rarity, but don't know what could be done about it tbh - something relating to how rocks are sign-posted within the code, and have the placement avoid being within a certain X-Y value of them? (I'm making all this up by the way, my lack of coding knowledge is well established in this thread at this stage).

At any rate, as you can tell, still enjoying PO4, thanks for your hard work and roll on Recruit MP!

Hi Z30,

Did you file a feedback in the tracker? Roy86 Patrol Ops 4 Feedback tracker. It would really help Roy if you file it there. I think this issue has been filed already, if it is the issue with radio towers appearing in rock.

All I see is the name of files..... Did you use a image  hosting site to post the pics?

Cliche_Double_post.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 7:08 AM, Blackheart_Six said:

Aren't we all..... but looking at the scope, and magnitude of the effort by one person, I'll wait. It will be worth it. 

IMHO...the sun is setting on Arma 3. Arma 4 is over the horizon, which will be the enfusion engine. I don't how much of a game changer that is from a coding stand point.  I think 24 months of Arma 3(left) with overlap to Arma 4. 

It would be a shame to put forth a great effort, with a short shelf life. 

Well, in light of the recent OPREP - JETS DLC BONUS CONTENT, I would like to issue a retraction. I am a bit confused, easily done after some fine bourbon, on BI's path. I didn't take B01 studios into account. 2022.

Take your time Roy, no hurries, no worries. J/K. Hurry the hell up! LOL    :smash:

2 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Well, in light of the recent OPREP - JETS DLC BONUS CONTENT, I would like to issue a retraction. I am a bit confused, easily done after some fine bourbon, on BI's path. I didn't take B01 studios into account. 2022.

Take your time Roy, no hurries, no worries. J/K. Hurry the hell up! LOL    :smash:

For you, i will ;)

• Haha 1

Nice! Cheers OTarius, good moral booster.

• Like 1

Im sorry I wanted to confirm that the next release will have the ability to use RHS and Project Opfor as the opfor forces, and also is the mission modular to be able to after next release port it over to Takistan or Zargabad?

On 10/4/2018 at 2:16 AM, sargken said:

Im sorry I wanted to confirm that the next release will have the ability to use RHS and Project Opfor as the opfor forces, and also is the mission modular to be able to after next release port it over to Takistan or Zargabad?

RHS I have plans to map OPFOR sides for but not Project Opfor.

Takistan is planned, Zargabad is not likely but I made PO so that communities can adapt to their own needs.

• Like 1

Will there be documentation on how to create a faction? 

Not yet. Some are doing tests of the new mission setup and if the feedback is bug free, I'll release the update.

• Like 1

How to play this SP actually?

I mean besides using SP Cheat menu or zeus to spwan AI. As the header includes "SP", and once I tried this some months ago, it was quite tricky to get this up alone. But would be nice to play SP sometimes.

PO3 you just copy into missions folder (from memory)

For PO4, the quickest method is to host a local lan game in MP.

Primary design is community play so MP is the focus but with the recruitment feature, it can be played as single player just not through the single player menu.

• Thanks 1

Hey @roy86 Long time no hear...... Are you still developing this? Any ideal on a release date if you are still moving forward.  

Don't think it is dead just super slow according to Roy on Discord. Roy will probably answer here when / if he notices this.