roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

10 hours ago, roy86 said:

working on it, tied up with RL atm

Alright, thanks and good luck with the mission

9 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

@WastedMike_

I am going to assume mission operations area is the task area.....

I would start with the event framework

You could reference "B_Soldier_SL_F" instead of the player, and call the task. 

["op_3_secureFactory","B_Soldier_SL_F",0] call MPSF_fnc_triggerEventHandler;

There maybe a Task Function like MPSF_fnc_TaskAssign, but I don't see any documentation on it. It would be used in conjunction with an eventHandler. 

["PO4_onHighFive_EH","onHighFive",{ _this call My_Fnc_function }] call MPSF_fnc_addEventHandler;

We need to see the final framework, and product. Additionally there may be task propagation in Squad Manager Mod. IDK. 

Thanks for your insight, ill look into adding this and see if it works.

Hello, is anyone else having an issue where they can't access the Mission Operations computer on dedicated server. I uploaded our pbo on our dedicated server and I go up to the computer and nothing shows up to access it. I go into editor and test it and it works fine. Any solutions?

15 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Are you logged in as "Admin" in game? #login? 

Yes I am. Still not working.

Ok....ummmm some stupid questions that have to be asked. 

1. Is this a modified version of PO4? 

2. If yes to 1, have you tried to upload a unmodified version, and test? 

3. Just to clarify, when you say "Nothing shows up to access it", you mean the addAction is missing from the menu, and no icon appears to press the space bar? 

Some stuff to do, if you haven't already.....

Copy the code from the screen, or computer object, log in as admin, and run the code from the debug window. Try Local first, then Global. See if it works or gives an error. 

Check your logs also, there may be an error your not seeing. Turn on debug in the mission. 

posible play  it  with  VETERAN mod?   how to change enemy faction in mission? 

what  i must change in mission files to change enemy and  side faction

41 minutes ago, otarius-big said:

posible play  it  with  VETERAN mod?   how to change enemy faction in mission? 

what  i must change in mission files to change enemy and  side faction

You can try vanilla version of this mission with veteran mod. It should works fine.

@otarius-big Edit the file "cfgFactions.hpp" in the MPSF/configuration directory to set up your factions. 

Beware, If you change any of the class names, you will break the code in the framework.

who can make  mission with   ace, rhsusaf,       (rhsafrf) as  opfor    or link for it plz.   

or can  you recomend  how to add it what i must  reconfig  in mission

@otarius-big

I would recommend you hold off on any mission creation, add-ons, or customizations. First, this is only a beta mission and under lying framework. There are still a few issues with it. And any thing you create now, may change with a new release. 

From what I understand, there will be a stand alone framework that will be conducive to building missions with add-ons like rhsusaf. When? I don't know. There is Patrol Operations 4, and then there is the A3 Mission Framework. Reworking PO4 may cause issues, and create more problems. 

Here are 2 links that have the latest information. 

A3 Mission Framework by Roy86

Patrol Operations by Roy86

Additional information can also be found on the discord channel.

As I said before, you have to edit the cfgFactions file to change units. See my answer to your previous post. Open the file, and read it. It's pretty self explanatory. You just need the class names of the units you want to change. 

1 hour ago, Blackheart_Six said:

@otarius-big

Additional information can also be found on the discord channel.

Hey Blackheart_Six, which Discord is it?

Hellow. Can anybody explain me how to use RecruitMP - AI Battlefield Recruitment. Where I need to put this code:

class cfgMissionRecruit {
	class List_1 {
		condition = "side player == west";
		classNames[] = {"B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_AT_F","B_Soldier_M_F"};
	};
	class List_2 {
		condition = "true";
		class Unit_1 {
			className = "B_Soldier_F"; // Unit Class Name
			loadout = "MyCustomLoadout"; // CfgMissionArmoury
		};
	};
};

Thanks

33 minutes ago, baton1990 said:

Hellow. Can anybody explain me how to use RecruitMP - AI Battlefield Recruitment. Where I need to put this code:

It's not implemented yet. It will be in the full release. Documentation will be updated for it at http://arma.roy86.com.au when it is ready

• Like 2

How I can make specifik location where civillians wont spwan ? How I can add specifik position for intro camera on scenario start ? Thanks.

Hi,

Can someone explain how to remove grass and how to enter deployed vehicle ?

thanks

7 hours ago, baton1990 said:

How I can make specifik location where civillians wont spwan ? How I can add specifik position for intro camera on scenario start ? Thanks.

@baton1990, Not sure on making specific areas where civilians won't spawn in Patrol Ops 4. I would have to dig into the code. There is a  function being used to create the numbers based on building density, and location places, like city, village, town. The file is fn_civilianPopulation.sqf. 

As for adding a specific position for the intro camera, you must edit the initPlayerLocal.sqf file, line 35. [14309.4,17417.9,3] are the x,y,z coordinates of the camera. 

2 hours ago, flyingcoyotus said:

Hi,

Can someone explain how to remove grass and how to enter deployed vehicle ?

thanks

@flyingcoyotus, to remove grass..... In the editor, search for grasscutter object. Place it down where you want to remove grass. It doesn't remove bushes though. As for entering a vehicle, you enter it the same as always. There is no special entry required with the depot, so not sure why you can't enter a vehicle. 

@roy86 Hi Roy, Long time no hear. Hope the new job is going well. Sounds like it's keeping ya hopping. Close to final? 

Hello, I have some questions about your mission

How to group with other players in patrol ops 4? I'd like to use Shacktac addon, but we have to be grouped for it to work.

How to active the missions who appear on the intel screen after gathering intel?

The central button is grey and not usable. "Command actions" or something like that. I tried to take the Squad leader slot for that but that doesn't work. 

THx for the mission. ;)

@Nikopol,Edit the mission, and group as you see fit. There is nothing special about the units on the map. I create all new units in my missions. 

You must be logged in as "Admin" on the server to access the mission operations center.  

FYI..... There is a bug where you start the mission, and you don't have an action menu. The work around is to press esc, enter spectator mode, and then exit. The action menu will return. 

On 4/5/2018 at 4:38 AM, Blackheart_Six said:

@roy86 Hi Roy, Long time no hear. Hope the new job is going well. Sounds like it's keeping ya hopping. Close to final? 

Yeah mate, still working away. Have a bit of headspace so back to it.

Redid the encounter system and working on the operations system. Also will have a few treats in the next update ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thx for your answer Blackheart. Since the tank patch, it seems to be a bug when you try to treat a wounded. He can be treated, but when he stand his vision is all blurry, he can't use anything. Do you have some  info about that? Sorry for my English I'm on a game. ^^

Hi Nikopol, 

No apologies for your language. I'm American, and don't speak English that well. :wink_o:

Any who.... in regards to the reviveMP issue. Actually this is a known bug well before tanks DLC. I am surprised you just now saw it. Roy is aware of it in the feedback site. It is a killer bug, and hence I won't use reviveMP until it gets fixed. 

I found this revive system. Works pretty well from what I've seen. 

To disable Patrol Ops 4 Revive System:

1. Edit description.ext. 

respawnTemplates[] = {"ReviveMP","RespawnMP"}; //REMOVE "ReviveMP"

2. Edit the root configuration.hpp. 

class CfgReviveMP {

enabled = 1;   //SET TO ZERO

3. Edit MPSF/params/param_reviviemp.hpp

class ParamReviveMPenable {

title = "Revive MP";

values[] = {0,1};

default = 1;   // SET TO ZERO

texts[] = {"Disabled","Enabled"};