roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

the physical intel drops are controlled inside of the encounters in the task folders.

You will be looking through for the group spawns (class Groups) - look for "dropIntel" and change this to 1 to ensure all enemies drop intel.

You will find it is usually the last person in the group that is killed that will drop it. If you are some distance away it can be hard to find as some of the smaller items drop into the ground or are under the body.

First off, @roy86 thank you so much for releasing the Beta, I had many days of fun with PO3 and everyone on my server is loving PO4 so far! 

I just have a couple of questions hopefully someone here will know

Virtual Armory - Is there anyway to load one up in a vehicle at all? Or can you only edit player loadout at the main base.

Options Key - The old PO had a key where you could change view distance etc, is there anything like that included with this or is it just the Squad Menu 'u' key.

Thanks again! Looking forward to future updates :) 

Hi Bungy, 

In regards to view distance. The closed beta had view distance settings built into the UI. They are turned off right now due to Squad Mod not being released. 

A couple of work arounds..... Log in as admin, and in the debug console run "setViewDistance xxxxx", execute it. Or you can add CH View Distance script. 

As for the Virtual Armory being available on vehicles, this is from the discord channel....

this event triggers accross all connected assets

["MyCustomEvent","onDeployVehicle",{/MyCodeHere/}] call MPSF_fnc_addEventHandler;

Variables passed are:

params ["_vehicle","_creator"];

so add the above code into the init and write your code in the section for MyCodeHere

every time a vehicle spawned, that code will run when the event is fired

Copy the line of code from the virtual armory logic, and place it in the brackets {/MyCodeHere/}. See if that works. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

17:24:36 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitTurret' in 'I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F'
17:24:36 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitGun' in 'I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F'
17:24:36 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitTurret' in 'I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F'
17:24:45 Error in expression <= 0) exitWith {  ["","",[]]; };
_pylons select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
17:24:45   Error position: <select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
17:24:45   Error Zero divisor
17:24:45 File mpsf\functions\virtualdepot\fn_VirtualDepot.sqf [MPSF_fnc_VirtualDepot], line 1683
17:25:01 Error in expression <= 0) exitWith {  ["","",[]]; };
_pylons select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
17:25:01   Error position: <select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
17:25:01   Error Zero divisor
17:25:01 File mpsf\functions\virtualdepot\fn_VirtualDepot.sqf [MPSF_fnc_VirtualDepot], line 1683

Getting this error when trying to change pylon weapons on aircraft.

Also, every weapon, munition, and ordnance is available to pick from, so the menu is really long. I did pick allow all weapons, but how can we narrow to only aircraft munitions.

Thanks

Another issue I have is on a dedicated with the default no fatigue. The fatigue is still active..

15 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Hi Bungy, 

In regards to view distance. The closed beta had view distance settings built into the UI. They are turned off right now due to Squad Mod not being released. 

A couple of work arounds..... Log in as admin, and in the debug console run "setViewDistance xxxxx", execute it. Or you can add CH View Distance script. 

As for the Virtual Armory being available on vehicles, this is from the discord channel....

Copy the line of code from the virtual armory logic, and place it in the brackets {/MyCodeHere/}. See if that works. 

Awesome will give it a try tonight thanks Blackheart!

Woops: Turns out I have two accounts/was logged in as  Bungy lol

On 1/4/2018 at 6:29 PM, Jnr4817 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

17:24:45 Error in expression <= 0) exitWith {  ["","",[]]; };
_pylons select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
17:24:45   Error position: <select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
17:24:45   Error Zero divisor
17:24:45 File mpsf\functions\virtualdepot\fn_VirtualDepot.sqf [MPSF_fnc_VirtualDepot], line 1683
17:25:01 Error in expression <= 0) exitWith {  ["","",[]]; };
_pylons select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
17:25:01   Error position: <select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
17:25:01   Error Zero divisor
17:25:01 File mpsf\functions\virtualdepot\fn_VirtualDepot.sqf [MPSF_fnc_VirtualDepot], line 1683

Getting this error when trying to change pylon weapons on aircraft.

Also, every weapon, munition, and ordnance is available to pick from, so the menu is really long. I did pick allow all weapons, but how can we narrow to only aircraft munitions.

Thanks

Jnr, 

I think this is being addressed. It was one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things. 

I don't really use aircraft and the depot. Isn't there some parameters(Tab) that can restrict the list? Something, like "Use only compatible systems"?

I love the custom virtual vehicle garage script. Its so nice to be able to spawn a vehicle, edit the livery and even set a dynamic weapon loadout for it. Is there a chance that it could be released as a solo script to be used by fellow mission makers? It would be so awesome to have it on custom made coop story missions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Rad said:

I love the custom virtual vehicle garage script. Its so nice to be able to spawn a vehicle, edit the livery and even set a dynamic weapon loadout for it. Is there a chance that it could be released as a solo script to be used by fellow mission makers? It would be so awesome to have it on custom made coop story missions.

That's a +1 right here, it's so well done it's easily my favorite thing about the mission. There's really nothing like it and I've been excited about it ever since it was first shown. I would love to integrate it into a couple of missions and I've already taken a (very short) look under the hood to see if it would be possible to break it out, but in that time I haven't figured out what exactly would be needed to have it work in a separate mission.

But since the whole framework is pretty modular and more documentation is coming eventually, I'm confident we're going to see this at some point.

Yep, I will be releasing the Virtual Depot as a stand alone script once the bugs are ironed out for use as mission makers see fit.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, roy86 said:

Yep, I will be releasing the Virtual Depot as a stand alone script once the bugs are ironed out for use as mission makers see fit.

Awesome, that just made my day.

Can you help me implementing this arsenal script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28249 instead of VAS into Patrol Ops 3.1? I have some problems with dialog.hpp -> "File C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Stahu\missions\cox_patrol-ops-3-01-natoLIGHT.Altis\CHSA\dialog.hpp, line 438: .RscTitles: Member already defined."

@St4hu As far as I know that's because another script already defines these classes for its user interface. Not sure if it's the best way to do it, but I solved that problem once by simply renaming all occurrences of the class name in the script I added to the mission (e.g. RscTitles -> RscTitlesCHSA). Of course you'll likely need to do that for more classes than just the one you mentioned, it's a bit tedious.

is there a spot on here or anywhere where its listed what mods are required or what mods this mission is compatible with???

Thank you so much for releasing PO4, is there any chance I can change re spawn time?

Thank you so much again

Yes you can change the time of the respawn, in the root configuration.hpp file.

respawnTimer = 120;

is there a way to tie the mission operations area to a certain player slot or anyone with the Squad leader role enabled?

working on it, tied up with RL atm

@WastedMike_

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, WastedMike_ said:

is there a way to tie the mission operations area to a certain player slot or anyone with the Squad leader role enabled?

I am going to assume mission operations area is the task area.....

I would start with the event framework

MPSF_fnc_triggerEventHander

Description

Function Description

Syntax

[<string:eventType>,<arguments:array>,<target:remoteExec>] call MPSF_fnc_triggerEventHandler

Parameters

1 - <string> : Event type that will be triggered.

2 - <array> : Array of attributes to be passed to the triggered code as _this

3 - <variable> : Uses the [Remote Execute]

Number - 0 or 2. When 0, the event will be executed globally, i.e. on the server and every client, including the trigger machine. When 2, it will be executed only on the server. When number is negative, the effect is inverted. -2 means execute on every client but not the server.

Object - the function will be executed only where unit is local

String - the function will be executed only where object or group defined by the variable with passed name is local

Side - the function will be executed only on clients where the player is on the specified side

Group - the function will be executed only on clients where the player is in the specified group.

Array - array of any of types listed above

Example

["onHighFive",[player],0] call MPSF_fnc_triggerEventHandler;

You could reference "B_Soldier_SL_F" instead of the player, and call the task. 

["op_3_secureFactory","B_Soldier_SL_F",0] call MPSF_fnc_triggerEventHandler;

There maybe a Task Function like MPSF_fnc_TaskAssign, but I don't see any documentation on it. It would be used in conjunction with an eventHandler. 

["PO4_onHighFive_EH","onHighFive",{ _this call My_Fnc_function }] call MPSF_fnc_addEventHandler;

We need to see the final framework, and product. Additionally there may be task propagation in Squad Manager Mod. IDK.