roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Actually, the missions start appearing fairly quickly when you pick up intel from the deceased OPFOR.

(hi, sorry for this message)
i m use patrol ops 3 modified. I m adding  a.c.e. module but when i m only on server, all interaction working but when other players join up, the map interaction non working and is impossible use a map tools or use light.
Any help me?
thanks

I played with the update for awhile this morning. It looks polished and the issues I saw in the previous version are gone. The respawn and the depots worked well including the MHQ.  I could not test revive because I was playing alone. I was on patrol in the APC (Marshall) and I got hit by several MANPADS and machine gun fire. I nearly jumped out of my chair! Top job roy86. Really nice work!

3 hours ago, torcia87 said:

(hi, sorry for this message)
i m use patrol ops 3 modified. I m adding  a.c.e. module but when i m only on server, all interaction working but when other players join up, the map interaction non working and is impossible use a map tools or use light.
Any help me?
thanks

Hi Torcia, 

Have you tried just using a basic MP mission? Maybe drop a couple of players on the map with just ACE, and test it. If the issue still happens, then look at ACE. I am not so sure this is a PO3 issue.

Additionally, have you tried Patrol Operation 4? PO3 at this point is very limited support. I don't have it installed any more to assist in non-modded version. Trying to Tshoot PO3 + ACE, hmmmm. 

hi blackheart_six, i tried other mission with ace and no problem. I added on po3 other faction and ace with advanced medical system but i have this problem with map interaction. Yes i tried new po4 :D Thanks a lot, trying a search po3 + ace :D 
thanks

I just noticed that I cannot interact with civilians since the update. There is no action on the scroll wheel now. I tried a few different civilians, but no luck. I'll add it to the feedback tracker.

edit- They are the civilians with the question mark over their head.

Edited by Snakeyes1
clarify

I restarted my server and client and now I have the option on the scroll wheel to interact with the civilians (?). Perhaps either the server or client was in an odd state? Not going to add this to the feedback tracker.

The only issue I am having which Roy is aware of, is ACRE shutting down after respawn. Everything is working smooth. Have not tested Revive.

I tried the new mission. 

First thing that is odd is when selecting allow all ordinances in mission parameter in lobby. Literally every magazine is available to choose from. This includes smoke grenade, mines, weapon mags, at missles, etc. Unlike the last version where you could only choose air assets munitions. 

Next, it would still be nice to add an aim sway parameter next to the fatigue parameter in the game lobby.

Lastly, besides the missions is there any ambient enemy AI. If not how bad of a performance hit would there be if I added and enemy AI spawner like DEP?

I love the mission so far. My squad uses ghost mission now and am looking to swap to a new mission template. 

Thanks

i want to lower or disable the distance restriction that the fn_operations.sqf use to create missions. (line 338)

is it possible?

edit: Also i need to move the intro camera position when player join

thanks

10 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

I tried the new mission. 

First thing that is odd is when selecting allow all ordinances in mission parameter in lobby. Literally every magazine is available to choose from. This includes smoke grenade, mines, weapon mags, at missles, etc. Unlike the last version where you could only choose air assets munitions. 

Next, it would still be nice to add an aim sway parameter next to the fatigue parameter in the game lobby.

Lastly, besides the missions is there any ambient enemy AI. If not how bad of a performance hit would there be if I added and enemy AI spawner like DEP?

I love the mission so far. My squad uses ghost mission now and am looking to swap to a new mission template. 

Thanks

In regards to ambient enemy AI, IMHO, the missions titled "encounters" represent that. 

You could try adding this code to fn_simulCiv.sqf and see what happens. I don't know if you can have 2 defined CLASSNAMES. The hit to performance might be a little high. :-). 

//#define CLASSNAMES []

#define CLASSNAMES (["CfgSides","Civilian_Malden","Crowd24"] call BIS_fnc_getCfgDataArray)  

#define CLASSNAMES (["CfgSides","Opfor_Malden","Squad8"] call BIS_fnc_getCfgDataArray)

Try adding a spawner, no harm no foul. If it doesn't work, take it off. I added EOS Insurgency to PO3. Worked pretty well and added a new dimension to the game. 

ADDED: 

OOOOO! I like the look of DEP....I've have to give it a go. 

3 hours ago, dragonsyr said:

i want to lower or disable the distance restriction that the fn_operations.sqf use to create missions. (line 338)

is it possible?

edit: Also i need to move the intro camera position when player join

thanks

If I am not mistaken,  fn_operations is used for the mission operations center. It doesn't create the missions. That is done through Task Manager. What are you trying do exactly?

I believe the camera position is in initPlayerLocal.sqf. 

I haven't messed with it, but should be easy enough to test. Change the numbers to 0,0,0. and it should put you in the lower left corner of the map. 

// Intro Sequence
[14309.4,17417.9,3] call {
    if (["missionDebugMode"] call MPSF_fnc_getCfgDataBool) exitWith { false };

2 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

If I am not mistaken,  fn_operations is used for the mission operations center. It doesn't create the missions. That is done through Task Manager. What are you trying do exactly?

I have mission locations near the base and when those locations selected from the task manager , then when i try to start the mission , i get players is to close.....

how can i prevent that without moving the base or exclude the locations from the map data....

Hi Dragon, 

What your looking for is a protection zone. I think there is a protection zone you can set around the base. Let me look into it. I saw Roy discuss it on discord, but don't think any details were put out. 

Getting this error when trying to change helo loadout.

I still havent found why every weapon or magazine or munition is available now when customizing loadout.

21:05:47 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitTurret' in 'I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F'
21:05:47 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitGun' in 'I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F'
21:05:47 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitTurret' in 'I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F'
21:05:47 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitGun' in 'I_Heli_light_03_dynamicLoadout_F'
21:05:53 Error in expression <= 0) exitWith {  ["","",[]]; };
_pylons select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
21:05:53   Error position: <select _pylonID;
};
case "getCfgHardPoin>
21:05:53   Error Zero divisor
21:05:53 File mpsf\functions\virtualdepot\fn_VirtualDepot.sqf [MPSF_fnc_VirtualDepot], line 1683
21:05:53 File mpsf\functions\virtualdepot\fn_VirtualDepot.sqf [MPSF_fnc_VirtualDepot], line 1683
21:08:33 unable to create weapon for missile '1Rnd_GAA_missiles', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
21:08:49 unable to create weapon for missile '2Rnd_LG_scalpel_hidden', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
21:09:22 No speaker given for 
21:09:35 unable to create weapon for missile '40Rnd_105mm_APFSDS', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
21:09:36 unable to create weapon for missile '40Rnd_105mm_APFSDS_T_Green', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
21:09:37 unable to create weapon for missile '20Rnd_105mm_HEAT_MP', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
21:09:38 unable to create weapon for missile '40Rnd_105mm_APFSDS', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
21:09:42 unable to create weapon for missile '24Rnd_125mm_APFSDS_T_Yellow', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
21:09:43 unable to create weapon for missile '24Rnd_125mm_APFSDS_T_Green', check config entry'pylonWeapon'
21:10:18 Loading movesType CfgMovesBird
21:10:18 Creating action map cache

another small issue i found is when i run the mission in DS , when i spawn anything from vehicles or air depot , i hear the information radio voice in fast forward. also when i deploy the mhq the radio voice is in ffw (i think that all info voices is in ffw.)

when i run the mission localy within game server (host server in mp) the voices is ok.

is the " BIS_fnc_sayMessage command " ds  mp problem or is my pc local problem ?

Hi Dragon, 

Good stuff. Please post it on the feedback tracker, if you haven't. 

In regards to your protection/exclusion zones, I didn't forget about it.

• Like 1

First, love the work you have done. Tryed adding Vcom ai and it works great, I'm still new to Vcom ai so they are hard af.  I don't know how to turn them down lol.

Second, I have added Vcom ai and I get a message in mp after talking to civs saying, "Life has received Intel." but I don't get any intel. This does this for all of us, so is this a known issue or have I created it with Vcom ai.

Finally, thank you once again for an incredible mission. The repeatability is just endless and I'm open to any suggestions for scripts that enhance my PO4 experience.

@lifeundone the intel you get from Civs is actually just an indication of enemy presence. you then need to follow that intel to an encounter with an AI patrol and then look for actual dropped intel (cell phone or a file folder), or search their bodies.

The more intel you get in this way the higher the mission you can unlock at the main base at the Op Center.

Hope that helps.

PS congrats on first post and welcome to the forums...

The civs gives you only directions where to looking for enemys that have intel for the missions. At this stage is only information . No map markings or anything visual. ;)

When you kill an enemy you will see the intel infront of the body . If not,  search all bodies .

edit: KevsNoTrev say that allready......  I was late on my post action......

• Like 1

Thanks guys but, I'm saying that it gives me that message even when they say they don't know anything. I have read through the forum to see if this was an issue before I posted.

Hi Life, 

First, if you don't see the message "Base: "There is a chill in the air", then no encounters missions have launched, and no opfor are in the area. Therefore, when you talk to a civilian, they will not return with any useful information. But you will still get the notice that you received intel due to the fact you spoke with a civilian. All is correct IAW the logic of the code. 

Now, if you NEVER see the message "There is a chill in the air" and you have traveled all over the map, then something is wrong. 

• Like 1

On 13-12-2017 at 2:18 AM, Blackheart_Six said:

The only issue I am having which Roy is aware of, is ACRE shutting down after respawn. Everything is working smooth. Have not tested Revive.

Yeah, noticed that too. Annoying :P Any workaround?