roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:10 AM, Blackheart_Six said:

TIP OF THE DAY!

To restrict vehicles in the vehicle depot.....edit the command line in the game logic for that depot.

To spawn full air vehicles for BLUFOR:

[this,["Helicopter","VTOL_01_base_F","Air"],"FactionTypeBLU"] call MPSF_fnc_createVirtualDepot;

To spawn helicopters only for OPFOR:

[this,["Helicopters"],"FactionTypeOPF"] call MPSF_fnc_createVirtualDepot;

How would I also be able to spawn the MoHawk and Hellcat?

Allow pylon changes for the Hellcat?

Thanks

Hi Jnr, 

There are a couple of ways to do it. Add the class they are in. Or add the individual names of the object. If you haven't looked at the config viewer, I suggest you do so, when building the depot. It helps streamline classes and names. You may not have to add every vehicle name if they belong to a certain class. Not sure on the FactionType. I am not in front of my system. I think you can leave it as BLU. 

[this,["I_Heli_light_03_F", "I_Heli_Transport_02_F"],"FactionTypeBLU"] call MPSF_fnc_createVirtualDepot;

Pylon parameters are in the parameter file. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snakeyes1 said:

I'm really enjoying playing Patrol Ops 4. I like the combined arms approach to missions. My thanks to roy86 and the team. Question, I deployed the MHQ and I can spawn my player from it back to base. How do I redeploy from base back to the MHQ? I'm guessing the Patrol Ops 4 flag pole at Safe Base Charlie, but I don't get a scroll wheel option on it.

Hi Snake, 

There are issues with ReviveMP and RespawnMP. Roy is working to correct them. If you haven't please submit feedback at Roy's Feedback Tracker for Patrol Ops 4.0

Press escape, and select respawn from the menu. It will bring up the respawnMP system. 

Hi Roy,

We are finding the 24 second bleed out time to be a little short for our liking. Can this be changed, and if so where would we change it?

Thank you,

Siq Puppy

10 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Hi Jnr, 

There are a couple of ways to do it. Add the class they are in. Or add the individual names of the object. If you haven't looked at the config viewer, I suggest you do so, when building the depot. It helps streamline classes and names. You may not have to add every vehicle name if they belong to a certain class. Not sure on the FactionType. I am not in front of my system. I think you can leave it as BLU. 

[this,["I_Heli_light_03_F", "I_Heli_Transport_02_F"],"FactionTypeBLU"] call MPSF_fnc_createVirtualDepot;

Pylon parameters are in the parameter file. 

I have tried several different ways of doing this. Adding by class and individual like your example. I have even changed the faction from BLU to IND, but no worky.

Thanks for any further help. Id like to just have the Mohawk and Hellcat with the other blufor aircraft.

After more testing I tried changing the faction to OPF and it worked. WHat is the correct faction for IND?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

I have tried several different ways of doing this. Adding by class and individual like your example. I have even changed the faction from BLU to IND, but no worky.

Thanks for any further help. Id like to just have the Mohawk and Hellcat with the other blufor aircraft.

After more testing I tried changing the faction to OPF and it worked. WHat is the correct faction for IND?

Thanks

Hey Jnr, 

I have your solution.....Do you want to try and find it yourself? I tested, and have the ghosthawk, and the wildcat only in the depot. 

Let me know. 

On 7/12/2017 at 2:38 PM, Blackheart_Six said:

I did the process last night, working with Crazy on discord. I ran Altis, and compared with Roy's Altis.hpp. Very close in size, and line numbers.  I am putting together a step by step guide.  I have a feeling this will be a popular process. Once I run it by someone on discord, then I'll post it up here. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow the latest.......

any news? 

i have made some tests, but no luck . i get MPSF  error when i put in the init of the logic 

this setVariable ["MPSF_Location_Type",<STRING:Location Type>];

based on this  

Locations are created by placing a logic down and synchronizing to a trigger (location size). In the logic init, set the following:

this setVariable ["MPSF_Location_Type",<STRING:Location Type>];

Locations can be anything that the framework or task will use.

Shack Forest Village Clearing Hill House Farm Villa FuelFactory

Airport Military Tower Dock Sport Field Ruin Valley Office Crossroad

At work currently and haven't been able to test, but the GUER will help. I still want all of the other BLU aircraft and want to just add the mohawk and hellcat to this existing list.

Also, I posted early about adding aim sway. I have found how fatigue on/off is integrated.

Do you think it would be easy to add aim sway adjust, like the fatigue param?

Once I get to my PC Ill try adding the mohawk and hellcat.

Thanks for the awesome help,

Reed

JNR,

don't use GUER. 

The key is just the opposite. Drop the type of faction, and just add vehicles. Then you can have mixed factions. 

• Like 2

On 12/8/2017 at 7:45 PM, SiqPuppy said:

Hi Roy,

We are finding the 24 second bleed out time to be a little short for our liking. Can this be changed, and if so where would we change it?

Thank you,

Siq Puppy

Revive bleed out is in the root configuration.hpp file. 

21 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Thank you Blackheart , worked.....  :)

i made a test after all and i have some script errors .  rpt on another post . i need to test it more first.

edit:  i see that when the mission starts there is not an active mission . as i understand i need to search for clues from civilians . is that correct , or is there a way to start mission from the beggining?

4 hours ago, dragonsyr said:

Thank you Blackheart , worked.....  :)

i made a test after all and i have some script errors .  rpt on another post . i need to test it more first.

edit:  i see that when the mission starts there is not an active mission . as i understand i need to search for clues from civilians . is that correct , or is there a way to start mission from the beggining?

Don't thank me, thank Mathias, he is the one that put that together. I'm just the messenger. :don9:

There is an active mission, it's call "Patrol Operations". General flow is this..... Move to a civilian area.....Find Civs, and converse with them, collecting intel. I use a SALUTE report type marker, and lines to located opfor. Find opfor, kill opfor, collect more intel. There is an 80% chance that opfor will have intel. Some intel will lead to missions. If new task is launch, you need to go to Mission Control Center at base, and accept it. You must be logged in as admin, to accept missions. 

Some tips..... 

Travel farther out from base to find actionable intel. 

Approach civs from rear to ensure they don't walk past you, and out of view of conversation. 

Thank you for the tips  Blackheart and thank Mathias from me for his help . 

rpt next post.

Blackheart,

I got it sorted.

Thanks for the help.

16 hours ago, otarius-big said:

what about  VETERAN MOD or RHS mod version  mission ?

What about them?

Make them yourself....The steam workshop is filling up with custom Patrol Operations 4.0 missions. Check Steam Workshop for new Patrol Ops Content. 

Roy can't do it all. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart_Six said:

What about them?

Make them yourself....The steam workshop is filling up with custom Patrol Operations 4.0 missions. 

Roy can't do it all. 

Sometimes i wish i could. :'(

• Haha 3

On 12/10/2017 at 6:53 PM, Blackheart_Six said:

There is an 80% chance that opfor will have intel. Some intel will lead to missions.

Why not make this a configuration parameter for the mission ?  The chance an opfor has intel you can set it from 50, 60, 70, 80 90, 100.  Then it's up to the people playing the mission how easy it is to fetch intel ?

I can imagine some people don't have the patience to talk to a gazillion civs before anything happens in the mission.

I can imagine some people don't have the patience to talk to a gazillion civs before anything happens in the mission.

Your confusing CIV conversations with OPFOR Intel drops.

CIVS do not drop intel. They give hints(100% of the time) per conversations that lead to encounters with small groups  of opfor, who drop intel. Encounters are intel collection missions, that lead to full missions/tasks. Not every encounter should lead to intel. Sometimes there are dry holes. Intelligence gathering is not a perfect world.

A blanket setting across every mission would break missions that need 100% intel drops. If the server was set to 50%, and you have a child task that is intel collection to find a WMD, and that intel didn't happen, then the next task would not run.  

Head over to the feedback site, and submit a feature request. It's easy to do.