roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Z30, 

Have set up the configuration? My understanding was the modules/game logics do not work yet, as they have not been released. RecruitMP shows complete. It has a TENTATIVE release date of August 2017. I am not sure if recruitMP is built in the MPSF now. I can look later. 

class cfgMissionRecruit {
	class List_1 {
		condition = "side player == west";
		classNames[] = {"B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_AT_F","B_Soldier_M_F"};
	};
	class List_2 {
		condition = "true";
		class Unit_1 {
			className = "B_Soldier_F"; // Unit Class Name
			loadout = "MyCustomLoadout"; // CfgMissionArmoury
		};
	};
};

Hey Blackheart, sorry, no, to clarify, this is the purely vanilla 3.1 version subscribed to through the Steam Workshop, not the development branch.

Hey Z30,

Sorry I completely missed the 3.1 sentence....

I would first sh!t can steam workshop, and download it from armaholic. It's more flexible. 

Understand that PO3 is no longer updated, and for it to be running after 3 years of new updates is pretty amazing. That said, there may be issues with some of the functions.

I can throw up a copy and look at it. Bring back some memories. Good times, damn good times. :drinking2:

Cheers Blackheart - thinking back to the days of Chernarus and Takistan, seem to recall it was just a flagpole near a portacabin somewhere on the airfield. Therefore had a bit of a hunt around Altis Airport, but couldn't spot one. I'll try the Armaholic version, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: seems I lied, it is the Armaholic version!

Well with no edits, your units should spawn very near the flag pole. It's by the commanders position, by the ammo cargo containers. 

In regards to AI recruitment. Nothing like what I think your thinking about. You can't call up extra AI to join your squad. But, you could enable AI (disableAI = 0; in the description.ext), I think, and then all the non player AI would appear in game. Use squad mod to have them join your group, or vise versa, and make yourself leader. 

Yeah, been doing that with the base AA defences, but see previous comments regarding marauding BTRs :P Cheers anyhoo, waiting out on PO4, hope the PC issue is solved!

PC rebuilt, everything appears to be working!

i7+16GBDDR5+6GBGTX1060+512GBSSD+1TBHDD+ARMA3...(+Fallout4)

PO4 Beta first round begins this week! I'll be contacting contributors and go from there.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by roy86
added pc specs
  • Like 6

I don't know why i waited so long to upgrade the GPU. before I had to decide on either render shadows vs a 20+FPS.

Now i can have both!

?

Also updated the website and forum first post in prep, enjoy.

• Like 2

Nice..... I just threw in a GTX 1050 Ti, and have a 27" IPS monitor arriving today, so......

hurry the hell up! :-)

Nice updated post #1. Like the new logo and artwork. Are you going to open a thread for just the MPSF as well? 

And website....Lots of new stuff!

5 hours ago, roy86 said:

I don't know why i waited so long to upgrade the GPU. before I had to decide on either render shadows vs a 20+FPS.

Now i can have both!

?

Also updated the website and forum first post in prep, enjoy.

I know this is off topic, but what was your GPU?

5 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Are you going to open a thread for just the MPSF as well? 

Yep, I think it deserves it's own thread.

4 hours ago, kman_(kya) said:

I know this is off topic, but what was your GPU?

GTX760 model GV-N760WF2OC-2GD

Did well but had to balance the settings to get a FPS over 20.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Does anybody know how I can enable the Nightstalker for this mission.  If searched throughout the files but cant seem to find what Im looking for.  I only play with a couple of guys and we use the nightstalker which at the moment I cannot do :(

Hi Norm, 

Are you using Patrol Ops 3.1 with VAS system? Or Virtual Arsenal? 

3 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Hi Norm, 

Are you using Patrol Ops 3.1 with VAS system? Or Virtual Arsenal? 

I could only actually find the VAS system, i didnt realise Virtual Arsenal could be enabled as i didnt see it?  I walked upto the 3 large ammo crates and I could only see VAS option.  I have managed to remedy the situation by finding the code under the PO3_CfgLogistics_UnitLoadoutBlacklist heading in the Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration file.  However I dont know if I have broken it somehow.  I have fatigue disabled in the parameters which works fine when you enter mission, but once you get killed and you respawn, fatigue seems to have enabled itself.  I dont know if this problem occurred before i removed the Nightstalker restriction or not. :(  

Hmmmm lots going on there....

First I would disable the VAS, unless you want to use it. I think it needs updating. Since I don't use it, I don't if it is worth the effort. I don't know the current state. I always use BI's built in stuff if available.  

To rid yourself of VAS, open the attributes for each box and delete the line calling it. Then to use Virtual Arsenal, add back to the init the following. This will give you full arsenal. 

0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

Of course you can get very creative with VA. BIS Virtual Arsenal Wiki. I like custom load outs and roles. 

As for the fatigue. It appears across 5 files, 26 times. The easy way to disable is to remark out line 100 in the "Patrol_ops_3.sqf" file, as such.  

//player enableFatigue PO3_param_player_fatigue;

Of course, always make backups of any files you mod.  

Actually the best thing would be to wait for Roy to release PATROL OPERATIONS 4.0!!!!! HELL YA. LOL!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Hmmmm lots going on there....

First I would disable the VAS, unless you want to use it. I think it needs updating. Since I don't use it, I don't if it is worth the effort. I don't know the current state. I always use BI's built in stuff if available.  

To rid yourself of VAS, open the attributes for each box and delete the line calling it. Then to use Virtual Arsenal, add back to the init the following. This will give you full arsenal. 

0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

Of course you can get very creative with VA. BIS Virtual Arsenal Wiki. I like custom load outs and roles. 

As for the fatigue. It appears across 5 files, 26 times. The easy way to disable is to remark out line 100 in the "Patrol_ops_3.sqf" file, as such.  

//player enableFatigue PO3_param_player_fatigue;

Of course, always make backups of any files you mod.  

Actually the best thing would be to wait for Roy to release PATROL OPERATIONS 4.0!!!!! HELL YA. LOL!

Thanks. I added the parameter so I now have the virtual arsenal.  I also added a onPlayerRespawn.sqf file to the mission which has taken care of the fatigue issue.  Looking forward to the release of 4.0.  

Comment Removed. 

EDIT: Change in mission. Something a little better came up. :-)))))

Update!!

Beta has begun being tested with selected communities. More invites as each iteration improves.

In prep for questions/bugs/suggestions, my discord channel is open : https://discord.gg/XDHek8b

Cheers,

• Like 4

@roy86 good to hear. Looking forward to this, I had better get my server machine ready for this....

@Blackheart_Six I can't see your server with the IP posted above in steam server list.

had all day to fill in and nothing to show for it....great relaxing day really.

---ahhh I see now, PO 4.0 Closed beta?? - darn it. ah well maybe in the weekend....have fun

It's finally here.

Shall we begin?