roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

7 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Good Day Roy, 

Just want to verify before I go off and build my Virtual Armoury, is the below format for "class Armoury" correct? 

BTW you spell Armoury wrong... it's Armory. You probably use a "u" in colour as well. LOL! J/K. J/K. Too many Gin and Tonics. :smiley-punched:

Lol, you're not going to like my code then. U's everywhere. I'm yet to write the tutorial part for the armoury. The class "Armoury" is available weapons to select from in the UI so it is "Weapons","Gear","Magazines","Items" and "Uniforms" as arrays of class names.

To set the default loadout for the role, that i've yet to write that but it will probably be under class "Loadout" similar to a standard unit config.

Cheers,

Just wanted to say love a bit of PatrolOps . nice jobbie on the PO4 videos. you have some nice innovative Ideas in there. 

gg.

• Like 1

On 2017. 6. 20. at 9:57 PM, Blackheart_Six said:

:yeahthat: is :icon_dj:

I want to report the download links on the wiki still say "Not Available"! :hang:

Can we poke the bear now? lol

Thanks to summer sale, our public servers are packed now.

Roy, don't you wanna present your masterpiece to more people? Welp, it's your chance! :D

• Like 1

June was the target (with a caveat) and I'm finalising an updated map data config for Malden (for Beta), Tanoa and Altis.

Once done, the plan will be:

1. Offers to test the closed beta will go out and test will go for 1 week. Any fixes will be done and additional suggestions/features are road mapped.
  2. If the mission does not hold up, critical flaws will be addressed first before moving to point 3.
  3. If the mission holds up, I'll post a download link to the open beta and continue tweaks for 3 weeks before official release.

Cheers,

• Like 8

Hi guys. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but i was playing PO3 with my friends and we had this first mission that says "Destroy Weapons Caches" and we got to the exact location of the mission and we can't see anything around the place to destroy. Is this just a bug or are we doing something wrong?

2 hours ago, Lit Kairo said:

Hi guys. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but i was playing PO3 with my friends and we had this first mission that says "Destroy Weapons Caches" and we got to the exact location of the mission and we can't see anything around the place to destroy. Is this just a bug or are we doing something wrong?

I've seen this before. Sometimes the crate spawns underneath the floor, in a container, or rock. 

Keep calm, and cancel the mission. 

Amazing PO3 still runs after 3 years of updates to Arma. 

• Like 1

Oh yea, one other thing..... The crate doesn't spawn at the exact marker location. You have to find it. And if it is open wooded grounds, good luck with that. 

We've spent many minutes scouring the landscape. Hint: Always look for the 4 man fire team to be guarding it. 

On 2017. 6. 26. at 6:54 PM, roy86 said:

June was the target (with a caveat) and I'm finalising an updated map data config for Malden (for Beta), Tanoa and Altis.

Once done, the plan will be:

1. Offers to test the closed beta will go out and test will go for 1 week. Any fixes will be done and additional suggestions/features are road mapped.
  2. If the mission does not hold up, critical flaws will be addressed first before moving to point 3.
  3. If the mission holds up, I'll post a download link to the open beta and continue tweaks for 3 weeks before official release.

Cheers,

word..! 

As long as we can see this soon, I have no problemo.

time to release the beast..! go!

6 hours ago, Axion said:

word..! 

As long as we can see this soon, I have no problemo.

time to release the beast..! go!

Well... I'm gutted and sorry to disappoint, but there will be a delay. Come home to find the computer PSU, MB and GPU all fried from a short or surge.

Please be patient while I work around another f%@$ing obstacle in the saga that is PO4.

picard-seriously.jpg

Cheers,

53 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

SOMEBODY get that man a computer, STAT!

There's an emo for that....

:face_palm:

It wasn't big enough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roy86 said:

Well... I'm gutted and sorry to disappoint, but there will be a delay. Come home to find the computer PSU, MB and GPU all fried from a short or surge.

Please be patient while I work around another f%@$ing obstacle in the saga that is PO4.

picard-seriously.jpg

Cheers,

dat meme thou..

It's okay. We can wait.

I'm just gonna sit on the ground and cry like 5 years old girl who want the cookie but mom won't let her.

It's okay. don't mind me here.

Hopefully, your files were stored in the cloud.

It might be best to release the modules of the framework.....like Virtual Depot, and Virtual Armoury, to keep moving forward. Let people test and use the modules, as you work on getting your systems back up.

It sounds like it will be several months now until PO4 sees beta.

Yes, all is backed up and nothing lost, only a time setback.

for the framework, yes, I am planning on soft release anyway as it is ready. Just have to package and upload on the weekend.

Several months is a bit pesemistic :p. Hoping to get  a new rig set up much sooner so I'm back up and running. Just working out the budget as this couldn't have come at a worse time.

cheers,

Well I am a... "there is water in the glass" kind of guy. LOL!

That would be great if you can push out the framework. I think that would go a long way easing the pain of the delay of PO4 for folks. If it is ready.....

27 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Well I am a... "there is water in the glass" kind of guy. LOL!

That would be great if you can push out the framework. I think that would go a long way easing the pain of the delay of PO4 for folks. If it is ready.....

And if there is no more water in the glass, fill it ;)

once closed beta starts in september (RL never plays nice)

luckily it spared the drive!

hope all turns out well.

word of advice (theres a lot of time-teasing in this thread) is to not put dates on things or "1 week for this" type stuff. you know how arma dev works.

best thing imo to say "id like to release in june" instead of "will be released in june". its a hobby so itll constantly get shuffled down in priorities as RL stuff comes up

anyways we eagerly await!!!

6 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

luckily it spared the drive!

hope all turns out well.

word of advice (theres a lot of time-teasing in this thread) is to not put dates on things or "1 week for this" type stuff. you know how arma dev works.

best thing imo to say "id like to release in june" instead of "will be released in june". its a hobby so itll constantly get shuffled down in priorities as RL stuff comes up

anyways we eagerly await!!!

Benefit of cloud and BitBucket/Git. Everything is safe and accessible.

Thanks for the advice mate... there was never a firm date or "time" because of exactly that. Generally referred as "Soon" or very recently "June is the target".

The "teasing" of the content & framework will not be in vain as it will be released anyway, just not the full mission.

Cheers,

• Like 3

hey Roy awesome to see the release of the MP framework is in beta, i will be filling in my weekend checking this out..thanks.