roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

27 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

any projected day/week for release roy? been waiting 2.5 years :D no pressure

.... June is a month long, it could be any day in the next 28-29 (depending on time zones).... :smiley-biggrin: .just saying.

a play test vid would be cool to compare to the mission/child missions one done a while back.

9 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

...man, talk about pressure!

pressure.jpg

She wants it NOOOOOW !!!

Dude, don't post stuff like that....... My acid reflux is back now.

I've completely ran PO3 into the ground, and have resorted to running APEX coop. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

I've completely ran PO3 into the ground, and have resorted to running APEX coop. 

NNNNnnnnnnnooooooooooo!!! 

could still be worse and be a (real) life server with cops and  all robbers.

Please, NO MORE TEASING!!! ;)

Plus its June :)

Question, Does beta mean when the public can help bug test and all that, or is it still closed to the public when its beta?

On 2017-6-3 at 6:00 AM, delta99 said:

Please, NO MORE TEASING!!! ;)

Plus its June :)

Can't promise that. Also June is a likelihood IF RL plays nice.

5 hours ago, PFC A. Loveless said:

Question, Does beta mean when the public can help bug test and all that, or is it still closed to the public when its beta?

1st beta is closed. Only specific communities will take part in it. After that it will be open.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, roy86 said:

1st beta is closed. Only specific communities will take part in it. After that it will be open.

So can people still join said communities servers or?

2 hours ago, PFC A. Loveless said:

So can people still join said communities servers or?

During the closed period, if you are a member of that community and involved in the testing, yes else no.

• Like 1

Roy will there be a tow script in po4? mostly for the planes on the carrier?

Hmm, I had not planned a towing script. When would you tow a plane rather than using it's own power?

1 minute ago, roy86 said:

Hmm, I had not planned a towing script. When would you tow a plane rather than using it's own power?

Realism factor, say you are using a carrier and want to get it to the proper launch area. . .  

Or if you have it stored in a shed or something too and have a mod with jet back blast damage on. . . . .

Those are the only things that I could see it useful for though . . . .

Like everyone else I love things that add to the immersion but I'd rather see some believable animations from the deck crew.  I know this is outside of the scope of Roys work, but that my take on what carriers ops are missing.

"Advanced Towing" by Duda is a system that already exists. It comes as a fully scripted system for integration into missions , or optionally as a  serverside only addon which injects the code into the clients

He also created "Advanced rapelling" and "Advanced sling loading", which also comes as a serverside addon or scripted system.

This would be your better option if you want additional functionality. We use it and I highly recommend it and the others he makes

It is useful when you need to send a player back to collect vehicles, they can chain them together and bring 4 trucks back with one driver etc (If you config to allow that)

It is good for recovering stuck vehicles (On walls) or vehicles that have turned over after bouncing of a 1 inch rock

The beauty of the system is its simplicity and functionality. You walk up to the towing vehicle and via an addaction you collect the rope which then "attaches itself to you", you then walk up to the vehicle you want to recover and  you attach it via an addaction, job done. Weight/Mass of the vehicles effect towing speed and towing capability and it does have a decent immersion factor

Also you would now have another mission option. "Recover vehicle"

@Roy, if you haven't seen these addons/scripts, they are definitely worth checking out and are so easy to use and implement

I have no idea what sling loading system you will have in PO4, most likely a derivative of the PO3 system, this would replace that and dare I say be an improvement..Defintely worth checking out.

• Like 3

@terox Thank you, I don't know how I missed those. Seems far better than my old version so I'll replace the current basic logistic system with an integrated version of the towing and sling loading.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terox said:

"Advanced Towing" by Duda is a system that already exists. It comes as a fully scripted system for integration into missions , or optionally as a  serverside only addon which injects the code into the clients

He also created "Advanced rapelling" and "Advanced sling loading", which also comes as a serverside addon or scripted system.

This would be your better option if you want additional functionality. We use it and I highly recommend it and the others he makes

It is useful when you need to send a player back to collect vehicles, they can chain them together and bring 4 trucks back with one driver etc (If you config to allow that)

It is good for recovering stuck vehicles (On walls) or vehicles that have turned over after bouncing of a 1 inch rock

The beauty of the system is its simplicity and functionality. You walk up to the towing vehicle and via an addaction you collect the rope which then "attaches itself to you", you then walk up to the vehicle you want to recover and  you attach it via an addaction, job done. Weight/Mass of the vehicles effect towing speed and towing capability and it does have a decent immersion factor

Also you would now have another mission option. "Recover vehicle"

@Roy, if you haven't seen these addons/scripts, they are definitely worth checking out and are so easy to use and implement

I have no idea what sling loading system you will have in PO4, most likely a derivative of the PO3 system, this would replace that and dare I say be an improvement..Defintely worth checking out.

I second that suggestion..I love all of dudas advanced scripts..even the Train mod/script is great on Tanoa..by far my favorite is the Towing script..I use it in all of the stuff I edit and love it! 

Diesel

3 hours ago, roy86 said:

@terox Thank you, I don't know how I missed those. Seems far better than my old version so I'll replace the current basic logistic system with an integrated version of the towing and sling loading.

Glad to be of help.

If you change the global variable names can you define the one that stops the addon version loading, otherwise we would end up with 2 sets of actions

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roy86 said:

....and just like that, your wish has been granted. :don12:

On 6/4/2017 at 9:07 PM, roy86 said:

june 2018.

once closed beta starts in september (RL never plays nice) and open beta in jan 2018, just a few more features and then she'll be ready :)

• Like 1

DONT POKE THE BEAR!!!

Don't listen to them, Roy.  Now get back to work.  We're waiting.

• Like 1

Hi Roy,

Just curious, what do you plan to charge for this product, your investing so much of your time on? How long have you been doing this? Since Patrol Ops 1, correct? 

Zero dollars right? 

Keep up the good work.....Thanks for your efforts.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Hi Roy,

Just curious, what do you plan to charge for this product, your investing so much of your time on? How long have you been doing this? Since Patrol Ops 1, correct? 

Zero dollars right? 

Keep up the good work.....Thanks for your efforts.

Pretty much, Thanks for the support mate.

Cheers

• Like 4

very nice, a shame that bi didn't bring a solution like this... good work!

Absolutely amazing.

Sad thing is that's something BIS should've done, not end-user. tbh, I was very disappointing when I had first time I put my hands on USS freedom. They could've done more and better for players.

I heard that we are going to have Malden in end of June along with release of Project Agro. I was wondering that are you also working on Malden too or just working on current vanilla maps? (Stratis, Altis, and Tanoa)

Also don't you have paypal or patron for donation? I'm pretty sure including myself and some others will like to appreciate your work and dedication and willing to support this up. 

Great work, Roy.

ps. I'm now getting this feeling that you are now really enjoying the teasing of others.. haha 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Axion said:

I heard that we are going to have Malden in end of June along with release of Project Agro. I was wondering that are you also working on Malden too or just working on current vanilla maps? (Stratis, Altis, and Tanoa)

Not at the moment as I'm running stable branch while I test. I intend to release it just after the next update to ensure no bugs crop up so might have time to include a Malden version.

1 hour ago, Axion said:

Also don't you have paypal or patron for donation? I'm pretty sure including myself and some others will like to appreciate your work and dedication and willing to support this up. 

I appreciate the support mate and I'm really not considering receiving donations for anything. I just hope everyone enjoys it.

1 hour ago, Axion said:

ps. I'm now getting this feeling that you are now really enjoying the teasing of others.. haha 

Yes, yes I am :D

but also it is a check for me to see the feature is good inclusion.

Cheers,

• Like 3