roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Of course! I built one as part of the virtual depot. The new update has a lot of new commands so now I need to refine the UI, add some more features and should be good to go. Works in SP and MP.

Here is a quick video of how it works (in test mode)

Although... I do like what he's done. Might have a chat with GOM and see if we can share ideas.

Cheers,

Roy , i have been wait for this mission for years... thank you for continuing it.!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lordprimate said:

Roy , i have been wait for this mission for years... thank you for continuing it.!!

Almost done!

Cheers!!

On 2017-5-23 at 0:02 PM, Theassassinzz said:

Well, if you ever need some compositions made up I can always lend a hand!!

I can show you some custom ones I've made too haha

On 2017-5-23 at 1:51 PM, kman_(kya) said:

I could possibly help with compositions as well!

Thanks guys, once Beta is out, I might take you up on that. I want a lot of variety and can't do it all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roy86 said:

Thanks guys, once Beta is out, I might take you up on that. I want a lot of variety and can't do it all.

No, THANK YOU!!!

I can not wait for PO4 to come out man, I've got about 70 people waiting for this mission to go live on a server haha.

And I'd be more than glad to help you out here!!

Keep up the good work man!! It will all be worth it in the end!!

27 minutes ago, Theassassinzz said:

No, THANK YOU!!!

I can not wait for PO4 to come out man, I've got about 70 people waiting for this mission to go live on a server haha.

And I'd be more than glad to help you out here!!

Keep up the good work man!! It will all be worth it in the end!!

We're almost there :D

Video of aircraft loadout has finished uploading.

• Like 2

On 2017-5-25 at 1:33 PM, lawndartleo said:

Shtaaaaaaaaapit!

Quit teasing.

The ending was epic, though.

Lol more to come ;) Another video shortly

Cheers,

• Like 2

Aaand some more...

Cheers,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Theassassinzz said:

Will PO4 be TFAR compatible?

My group wants to start using that on the new one!

Yep, TFAR and ACRE are supported.

• Like 1

here is a quick video from testing for the dynamic aircraft load-out editor for the vehicle depots.

Each aircraft is sitting in a virtual depot set to rearm only.

• Like 2

does the armament co$t anything from resource points or the like?

from earlier posts I believe you have put in resources for the garage (vehicle purchase)

I really like the rearming with the actionhold meaning it takes time. Could this be limited to a unit of specific type so only engineer instead of the pilot.

is this also going to be available in the framework and not just in PO4?

Its looking good Roy hoping to play it in the future.

edit: with the multiple hardpoints, if you stop the actionhold part way does it reset all armament of just the one not completed? answered when i watch the end of the video.....

13 minutes ago, KevsNoTrev said:

does the armament co$t anything from resource points or the like?

from earlier posts I believe you have put in resources for the garage (vehicle purchase)

I really like the rearming with the actionhold meaning it takes time. Could this be limited to a unit of specific type so only engineer instead of the pilot.

is this also going to be available in the framework and not just in PO4?

Its looking good Roy hoping to play it in the future.

edit: with the multiple hardpoints, if you stop the actionhold part way does it reset all armament of just the one not completed?

Hey mate,

Cost is not currently configured but it will be there eventually. 

Unit trait restriction is easily possible and will be an option.

The virtual depot will be a module that will be in the framework but I may also make stand-alone

Interaction is only with that one hard point. If you stop half way, only a portion of the ammo is loaded and what ever is mounted to the hard point is left. All other hard points are free to be worked on by others.

Shout out to GOM for his work. Couldn't get my head around the pylon ownership till I saw his in action.

cheer!

• Like 2

With respect Roy.. please stop tease us! :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

I don't know others but I'm about to die out because of your tease! lol

all the demo videos look :icon_dj:. my community are super exciting for new PO4.

summer is here, sun is too hot. time to sit on computer, black out the room, and play PO4 ;D

Thank you for all the afford and craftsmanship you put on PO4!

ps. btw, will there be a earplug? nowdays I can't play any without them lolol

On 2017-5-29 at 10:48 AM, Axion said:

With respect Roy.. please stop tease us! :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

I don't know others but I'm about to die out because of your tease! lol

Sorry mate.... heres some more... good news is that I'm at the stage of just cleaning up the UI and some optimisation before Beta.

• Like 1

Just asking, because this is looking better every time I check in.

• How much feature creep has their been or did you plan on things being as comprehensive as they look, so far?
  • Do you fear BIS patches or are you confident that things are bullet proof enough that game updates wont cause you an aneurism?
  • Foot print estimate?  3-4 megabytes?... mainly because I am curious as to how much you have had to do to get to this point of detail.

IMHO, I think Virtual Depot is using the function of BIS_fnc_garage, so BIS updates hopefully won't impact too much. Knock wood. 

Additionally, since it is using functions already built in game, building these features are fast, using minimum bytes. 

Get a basic idea of how it works, go into editor, and paste this into a vehicles init.

From the wiki for BIS Function Garage

this addAction ["Open Garage",{ _pos = player getPos [30,getDir player];_vehicle = createVehicle [ "Land_HelipadEmpty_F", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE" ];  ["Open",[ true, _vehicle ]] call BIS_fnc_garage;  
}];

It's pretty cool.... Remove doors, change paint scheme. Of course Roy's has a hell of lot more going on.....

12 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Just asking, because this is looking better every time I check in.

• How much feature creep has their been or did you plan on things being as comprehensive as they look, so far?
  • Do you fear BIS patches or are you confident that things are bullet proof enough that game updates wont cause you an aneurism?
  • Foot print estimate?  3-4 megabytes?... mainly because I am curious as to how much you have had to do to get to this point of detail.

With PO3, i made a tonne of compromises with what I wanted in it. I'm not making that mistake again. Scope and features was locked down early last year so this is just the culmination of that trickled effort. The recent update with Jets has allowed me to get that preferred ideal state with the pylons as previous version was a nightmare.

As I've built this using the core game config and engine commands, there is minimal risk to requiring updates. I have wrote a lot myself and learnt what I need from BI examples so as to hopefully minimise breakage with future updates.

Current size: 1.4MB - not added in PO4 specific imagery

7 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

IMHO, I think Virtual Depot is using the function of BIS_fnc_garage, so BIS updates hopefully won't impact too much. Knock wood. 

Nope, while it looks the similar, it is not using the Garage. It is a custom script inspired from the Virtual Arsenal/Garage that allows vehicles to be spawned, serviced and recovered. But yes, it is a great reference as to what I'm kind of aiming for.

To create a PO4 depot, the command is: 

// In Game Logic init
[this,<array:vehicleClassTypes>,<target>] call MPSF_fnc_createVirtualDepot;

When a player moves within proximity, they will be able to access the depot and it's features.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Hey Roy, 

That's amazing! It looks really great.

Question on the task system....

Can I randomize child tasks under a parent task? I.E. Parent Task is "Conduct Offensive Operation", Child Tasks are "Attack", "Exploit", or "Pursuit". System would randomly chose one. 

Thanks in advance,

BH_6

Of course :)

There are a few options available so I'll update the wiki this week with the solutions to that scenario.

On 2017. 5. 30. at 10:07 AM, roy86 said:

Sorry mate.... heres some more... good news is that I'm at the stage of just cleaning up the UI and some optimisation before Beta.

Too.much.teasing...!

*die*

So... June is here.

You know what that means!

Can't wait. ;D

• Like 1

So... June is here.

You know what that means!

...man, talk about pressure!

pressure.jpg

She wants it NOOOOOW !!!