roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

So I guess the release date for PO4 is may 16th, right? right? :)

21 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Well Hell.... That was easy. Let me try another.

World Peace? :don9: :don11:

Here's the code for anyone wanting it, just replace the composition function with the spawn vehicle command i posted in mission scripting

private _centerPos = [worldSize/2,worldSize/2];
private _positions = [];
for "_i" from 0 to 359 step 1 do {
	private _checkPos = _centerPos getPos [worldSize,_i];
	_checkPos = _checkPos apply { 0 max _x min worldSize }; // Not past map border
	_checkPos = _checkPos getPos [300,_checkPos getDir _centerPos];  // Back from the edge
	_checkPos set [2,0]; //ASL
	if (surfaceIsWater _checkPos) then { _positions pushBack _checkPos; };
};
if (count _positions > 0) then {
	_position = _positions call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;  // Random!!
	private _direction = _position getDir _centerPos;
	private _angle = (_direction + 45) - ((_direction + 45) % 90) + ([90,-90] select round random 1);  // Align Carrier to map border
	["USS_freedom_carrier",ASLToAGL _position,_angle + 9] call PO4_fnc_createComposition; // the +9 is to align the deck to the compass poles to allow easier landings
};

19 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

So I take you are working on PO4 using the dev branch.

Only in prep to support Jets, otherwise it's on stable.

1 hour ago, buri said:

So I guess the release date for PO4 is may 16th, right? right? :)

Lol no. I've dropped a target date hint somewhere... at least its the goal.

Cheers,

• Like 1

I have a working, modified PO3 on Tanoa up on my server. 167.114.172.184:2312. 

I am using it as a test bed for setting up units(TO&E) and arsenal stuff. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 4:17 AM, roy86 said:

... PO4 is coming.

I am not sure how I missed this but it just made my month.

On 4/23/2017 at 11:35 PM, roy86 said:

Lol no. I've dropped a target date hint somewhere... at least its the goal.

Good luck on meeting that timeframe. Hope everything falls into place and there are no lasting surprises in May with the Jets patch.

June sounds wonderful this time of year.....:drinking:

Is this the new Task Framework?

One of my problems has always been creating the units for the task or objective. It's easy creating tasks, but creating the random location, with random forces was something else.

If I am reading the "Task Framework", this will be handle once I create the different compositions. I like the parent/child relationship 

4 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Is this the new Task Framework? 

Yes, part of beta prep is to start properly documenting it as well as the rest of the framework.

There is a lot to cover (2 years worth) so will take a little time to write it all down logically so others can use it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

One of my problems has always been creating the units for the task or objective. It's easy creating tasks, but creating the random location, with random forces was something else.

If I am reading the "Task Framework", this will be handle once I create the different compositions. I like the parent/child relationship 

Definitely 1000% easier in the new framework, keep an eye on that page as I update the position and groups sections soon.

Setting the position types for random locations or using static [x,y] are all options for the mission maker, and spawning is insanely simple now and has a few twists possible.

• Like 1

I've got to quit reading.....I don't want to bother but.... I have to ask, then off to work. 

So event triggers and intel gathering will be able to launch or show new tasks? 

For example, I find a piece of intel or download intel, and this is a breadcrumb to another piece of intel, or can lead to a task? 

Yes. That is possible and is actually a major part in PO4.

The objective section of the task framework will explain the way to do that.

Man... Wiki is looking good. I like the choice of either dynamic position or specific positioning of the task. Either slog your way through 100 meters patch at a time or bounce all over the place.

You could turn a combat patrol of a single valley into a hours or day long event. 

Digging out the old FM 7-8. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Man... Wiki is looking good. I like the choice of either dynamic position or specific positioning of the task. Either slog your way through 100 meters patch at a time or bounce all over the place.

You could turn a combat patrol of a single valley into a hours or day long event. 

Digging out the old FM 7-8. 

With very little scripting required ;)

Glad you're liking it. Still have a lot more features/options to document so keep eye's out.

Cheers,

Ahoy!

For the long journey, finally we can see the land of new PO4.

Time to lower the anchor, embark the ship, and explore the new world.

Who's ready?

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 0:25 PM, DirtyG16 said:

Greetings,

I've been running PO3 on a server for our unit, and it's modded slightly for use with our modpack. Using RHS models, equipment boxes set up for us, some basic stuff.

We had an issue after an update which broke defend town and defend base. Now the progress indicator starts at 100% and counts backwards, past 0 and into negatives. It never ends the mission. It starts at 100% when the enemies begin to spawn and attack, hits zero when they're all dead, just keeps going after that.

Does anyone else have this issue and have you solved it?

Thanks for the help,

CPL Garcia

506th IR Realism Unit

Hey Dirty, 

I threw a Tanoa version of PO3 on my server, and have been running. Both defend missions are working ok. The only issue I see is the counter attacks after the first wave do not announce. The missons complete after hunting down every living thing in a 1 km radius. Including units spawning in on opposite shores. Make sure you destroy all vehicles as well. 

Hey Roy86! Awesome work with Patrol Ops! 

I was wondering if there is a way to use SquadMod with other missions, or if you have a standalone version or are planning to make one? Id love to have your functionality in other mission files.

2 hours ago, Gossler said:

Hey Roy86! Awesome work with Patrol Ops! 

I was wondering if there is a way to use SquadMod with other missions, or if you have a standalone version or are planning to make one? Id love to have your functionality in other mission files.

Hey mate, Old one is difficult to isolate but the new one in PO4 is stand alone so you can use it in any mission you want.

Cheers,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roy86 said:

Hey mate, Old one is difficult to isolate but the new one in PO4 is stand alone so you can use it in any mission you want.

Cheers,

So happy to hear! Thanks for the quick response! 

• Like 1

Vanilla Server numbers are starting to die now, we need something new (Massive hint) and the best time for something new is when the DLC is released (Even bigger hint):don11:

I know you think RL is more important, family comes first etc.

Well I am here to tell you as a completely selfish server admin, for you this is not true, you are being misled by your heart, be cold and callous:don11:

There are 24 hours in a day, taking 1 hour out for food and family, 4 for sleep, and go off on long term sick, that gives you 19 hours a day and another 9 days (171 hours) at a payment rate of $0/hour to deliver this work of art

Or you could be a morally decent human being and deliver when its ready at the standard you always deliver

This is my way of saying, still around patiently waiting and eager to host the latest iteration WHEN ITS READY :don11: from Your most Psychotic fan

• Like 3

3 hours ago, terox said:

This is my way of saying, still around patiently waiting and eager to host the latest iteration WHEN ITS READY :don11: from Your most Psychotic fan

For that, to drive you more nuts, you can have a screen shot ;) Updated Map Data for possible task locations

Thanks for the support ;)

Cheers,

• Like 4

7 hours ago, terox said:

Vanilla Server numbers are starting to die now, we need something new (Massive hint) and the best time for something new is when the DLC is released (Even bigger hint):don11:

I know you think RL is more important, family comes first etc.

Well I am here to tell you as a completely selfish server admin, for you this is not true, you are being misled by your heart, be cold and callous:don11:

There are 24 hours in a day, taking 1 hour out for food and family, 4 for sleep, and go off on long term sick, that gives you 19 hours a day and another 9 days (171 hours) at a payment rate of $0/hour to deliver this work of art

Or you could be a morally decent human being and deliver when its ready at the standard you always deliver

Ditto what Terox said.

I can not wait for this revival of PO.

There are a few servers running strong still! 

All these hints and info, so excited!!! 

hi

I just want to say something to get some love from y'all.

where is PO lovers?