roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

For the missions such as deploy communications tower, or deliver urgent supplies; where are we supposed to pick up the supplies, and how do you deploy a communications tower?

No, he's right... there were missions where you had to pick up a cargo box with a HEMTT, deliver it so some location and put up a radio tower (action on the box).  The box was usually located on one of the return points.

• Like 1

On 2017. 4. 1. at 1:36 AM, roy86 said:

Hey Axion,

Task system re-write complete. Testing and performance optimisation in progress and I've begun preparing the beta packs for community testing. (Taskmaster, ReviveMP, RespawnMP, RecruitMP, SquadManager, VirtualArmoury, VirtualDepot) and notifications to those communities involved will follow.

PO3 was compatible with ACE when built at the time. ACE has changed a lot since then so I cannot ensure it still is. I've stopped all support for PO3 as it was taking up way to much time to help debug for people and I'd rather focus on getting PO4 ready.

Cheers,

Sweeeeet.

I wonder what new PO4 looks like. can't wait to play it.

oh and yeah don't worry about PO3 with ACE. It won't be cared once PO4 comes out :D

Thank you for your craftsmanship as always. 

Greetings,

I've been running PO3 on a server for our unit, and it's modded slightly for use with our modpack. Using RHS models, equipment boxes set up for us, some basic stuff.

We had an issue after an update which broke defend town and defend base. Now the progress indicator starts at 100% and counts backwards, past 0 and into negatives. It never ends the mission. It starts at 100% when the enemies begin to spawn and attack, hits zero when they're all dead, just keeps going after that.

Does anyone else have this issue and have you solved it?

Thanks for the help,

CPL Garcia

506th IR Realism Unit

Hi Dirt, 

Couple of things may be happening.

To troubleshoot this issue I would do the following. 

1. Take a unmodded version of PO3, and run it MP editor, see if it works or not. Compare it to your modded version. REM out all the tasks except Defend Base, Defend Town. 

2. If it works, then it may be related to the RHS mod. If objects don't spawn in, then the mission won't run correctly. 

3. If it doesn't work correctly without mods, then it is a change in code when the update happened. Then you have to get the report and find out where it is failing.

In both missions, it starts at line 51, "Create Hostiles". The progress bar is at 136/137. If I remember correctly, units are based on what is in the PO3 Configuration file. So check that as well.

On 4/1/2017 at 4:06 PM, roy86 said:

Testing and performance optimisation in progress and I've begun preparing the beta packs for community testing. (Taskmaster, ReviveMP, RespawnMP, RecruitMP, SquadManager, VirtualArmoury, VirtualDepot) and notifications to those communities involved will follow.

*Squints at date*

You better not be messing with us... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scarecrow398 said:

*Squints at date*

whats the problem?

It would be wonderful to get PO4 and Jets DLC.... Can't wait to run ops off a ship(w/o mods)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scarecrow398 said:

*Squints at date*

nope not messing. With the few mins in life I get free, I'm preparing the beta pack for testing.

Also to answer the most common 5 questions from my inbox after getting spammed when Jets trailer dropped :p

Q: Will Jets be supported in PO4? Yes.

Q: Will there be carrier operations? Not specifically dedicated to Jets or the carrier. Infantry is the focus with everything else playing a supporting role.

Q: Will the carrier be used as a base? I'll add the carrier as an option in the parameters though I have not even seen it yet so will have to wait to build the composition.

Q: Are there missions for aircraft? Yes, air superiority is always a challenge.

Q: What mission types are for air combat? You'll have to wait and find out.

Cheers,

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

It would be wonderful to get PO4 and Jets DLC.... Can't wait to run ops off a ship(w/o mods)

It's do-able. RL pending... ;)

5 hours ago, roy86 said:

nope not messing. With the few mins in life I get free, I'm preparing the beta pack for testing.

Also to answer the most common 5 questions from my inbox after getting spammed when Jets trailer dropped :p

Q: Will there be carrier operations? Not specifically dedicated to Jets or the carrier. Infantry is the focus with everything else playing a supporting role.

Q: Will the carrier be used as a base? I'll add the carrier as an option in the parameters though I have not even seen it yet so will have to wait to build the composition.

Cheers,

Awesome!  Can't wait!!

17 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

whats the problem?

He posted it on April the 1st (April Fools).

10 hours ago, roy86 said:

Excellent news!

Were you thinking more deticated roles like 'CAS requested here' when there's a pilot in game, or just vauge stuff that can be done either way?

I look at the carrier as a tool adding to the realism. It's makes more sense to launch your operations, especially when you have an island as your terrain, from a carrier or ship. It makes a great launch point. 

IMHO.... I am sure most people will reposition, or unscramble any base setup, and make it their own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scarecrow398 said:

He posted it on April the 1st (April Fools).

Excellent news!

Were you thinking more dedicated roles like 'CAS requested here' when there's a pilot in game, or just vague stuff that can be done either way?

Lol, didn't think about that date.

Exact tasking i'll explain later as it is subject to changes during beta. Suffice to say, things change based on what players use...

46 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

I look at the carrier as a tool adding to the realism. It's makes more sense to launch your operations, especially when you have an island as your terrain, from a carrier or ship. It makes a great launch point. 

IMHO.... I am sure most people will reposition, or unscramble any base setup, and make it their own. 

Agreed.

And PO4 is as customisable for each community to create their own flavour.

4 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Butter pecan?

Sure... sounds like Arma with minions and brain freeze but hey, to each their own :f:

Spoiler

resend1.jpg

• Like 1

Added the new carrier as an option. Not sure if to make it a random start location or in specific locations.

The new DLC is pretty nice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roy86 said:

Added the new carrier as an option. Not sure if to make it a random start location or in specific locations.

Awesome, thanks roy86!!

Also for those wanting to spawn it by script, I made a thread about how I did it below.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roy86 said:

If you can make the carrier start at random positions, that would be awesome. IMHO randomness is the key to a long lived coop missions.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blackheart_Six said:

If you can make the carrier start at random positions, that would be awesome. IMHO randomness is the key to a long lived coop missions.  

Done ;) It will start randomly near the edge of the map where there is water.

• Like 2