roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Dear Roy, 

Thanks for the reply mate, however, it's still not fixed the issue with radio commands/music not working (not being heard/played). Are you also facing the same problem or is it just me? I've not seen anyone post any errors about this happening, and it's really weird if I am to be honest. I'll take a look at the dedicated server and see if that'll fix it, but in the mean time, I'm working on some sound mods (music) for the server, so I take a look and set up a dedicated server later and see if that fixes it. 

Cheers, your reply was greatly appreciated! 
Rick/Rolen 
(Pun not intended) 

I have not had any issues with music or sound with PO3. I ran a dedicated server on vilayer.com. Worked great. 

10 hours ago, thedubl said:

Sweet mission. Any idea how I fix this?

Wait patiently and hope that Roy finds the time in his busy schedule to finish PO4.

22 hours ago, thedubl said:

Sweet mission. Any idea how I fix this?

Capture.jpg

This is referring to a missing attribute/Subclass called Linemarker in a custom dialogue that uses a map control

Linemarker was introduced a few patches back

To Fix

UnPbo your mission file and navigate to \data\dialogs.hpp

open this up with a suitable text editor, if you dont have one, notepad will do the job. (If your serious about getting into coding and editing there are plenty of free options, including Poseidon which I would recommend, you can find in the tools section of these forums)

Find  class 86RMap {  

scroll down until you find class Legend

Insert the following code in between the class legend{.....};  and class Lighthouse {....};

class LineMarker 
    {
        lineDistanceMin = 3e-005;
        lineLengthMin = 5;
        lineWidthThick = 0.014;
        lineWidthThin = 0.008;
        textureComboBoxColor = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1)";
    };

so it lists like

class Legend {

};

class Linemarker {

};

class Lighthouse{

};

repbo the mission and your good to go

• Like 1

OK, thanks!

Update: thanks again for the clear instructions on that fix. Work perfectly.

dub

On 2/5/2017 at 3:55 PM, lawndartleo said:

Not even one little screen shot, Roy?... Just one?

Lol because you asked, but what to tease with....

In game looks like ARMA atm till I pretty up the UI (I'll do that in beta) so how about the model used to chance random encounters while patrolling?

I'll record a couple of these encounters when I get a chance and post them up.

http://imgur.com/a/90KZj

• Like 1

Leo, he gave you 2 screen shots!

Do you see the 6 man squad?

They're right behind the red dot.

• Like 1

3yr development time for an arma mission! you are stronger than i, i got burnout after ~6 month working on an unpublished project :)

still looking forward to doing some PO4 infantry patrols

• Like 1

I think that since PO3 was such a success and came out so quickly to A3, there is great anticipation for PO4.

P03 is certainly long in the tooth, but agree PO4 and the framework I think will be worth the wait.

Good things come to those who wait....which in todays world is certainly a virtue.

GIVE ME, GIVE ME GIVE ME NOW!

• Like 1

Just to let you know Roy, it's cold here in Europe, we need a nice new mission to see us through these cold nights (Visions of Roy sitting on the beach with a beer in his hand laptop turned off, watching the talent walk by :-))

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

3yr development time for an arma mission! you are stronger than i, i got burnout after ~6 month working on an unpublished project :)

still looking forward to doing some PO4 infantry patrols

For me, there was a significant burn out period where I struggled with motivation. My community fractured, work sucked, etc...

But, there were some specific people on this forum who (unknowingly) got me motivated again and have kept me going, Also Jester814's YouTube reminds me of what used to motivate me to build missions for OCB.

7 hours ago, terox said:

Just to let you know Roy, it's cold here in Europe, we need a nice new mission to see us through these cold nights (Visions of Roy sitting on the beach with a beer in his hand laptop turned off, watching the talent walk by :-))

You're close Terox, but no beach (at work) :p It's 42C/107F here, looking forward to a beer after work and laptop's on charge for a bit of programming if I can squeeze it in tonight.

I've almost completed the re-write of how the mission tasks work, I'm actually happy with the new patrol events set-up and now just have to link it to the task operations and it should be good for some community testing.

Cheers,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roy86 said:

My community fractured, work sucked, etc...

Pretty sure we are all there with you in one way or another.

• Like 1

I hope I'm in your motivation pip list.

Can't wait to see PO4. Thank you for your craftsmanship and hard work!

oh, question for you roy.

do you have discord server or are you willing to create one to communicate with other candidates?

I found the discord very useful and easy to use and hope we can share our thoughts and feedback via discord.

Always thanks,

Edited by Axion
add question.

I love this mission mod! Currently running it on my server, looking to donate soon too!! 

Keep up the great work! My group can't wait for PO4 to come out! 

If you need any servers to beta test this I'd be more than willing to host it!

Hi, someone can help me ? I want to disable AI Spawn when a player is on plane or helicopter. To save server ressources.

And do you have news for Patrol Ops 4 ?

More THX, and sorry for my bad english ...

On 2017. 2. 28. at 8:11 AM, Royal Eagles said:

Hi, someone can help me ? I want to disable AI Spawn when a player is on plane or helicopter. To save server ressources.

what do you mean by "disable AI spawn"? do you meant enemy ground/air patrol?
You should able to disable it in parameter. 

Edited by Axion
grammar error ;p

I think Eagles is talking about when the player boards a helo, and fly's to the AO, ground units spawn as he fly's over the terrain. I don't think it would be easy to change that function.

I would just lower the number of units in the parameters so less spawn in. The density of units at the objective would not change. I think the number of AI spawning in, is based on how many players are on the server. 

I am sure a professional programmer could whip up something.

The only person I know is busy working on a new project. :don9::don11:

Size  
On 2/28/2017 at 11:11 PM, Royal Eagles said:

In Parameters section where you choose the class of player you wish to play there is an option "Disable Ambient Ground patrols"  and above that is "Disable Ambient Air Patrols"

Just a matter of pressing on Disable Ambient Ground Patrols.....roy86 has already built this option into Patrol Operations

This param can be edited by default so it is off when the mission is running, this param does not need to be changed 

To do this, extract the .pbo Open the mission folder eg, <C:\blahblahblah\Patrol Ops 3.1\data folder and using notepad++ open the Params.HPP file

CTRL+F param_PO3_ambientgnd 

and edit this line

default=1; 

to

default=0;

Save and re-pbo the mission.