roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Hello !

Yes thank you, that's what I did finally.

Another question: Airplanes do not work? I try to add to the file "Patrol_Ops_3_configuration.hpp" but they do not fly, they appear on the ground...

Can we add, AAF Factions with CSAT ? I try to modify PatrolOPs3_Configurations.hpp but no work

Thx and sorry for my bad english.

Can someone help me with this error

7:59:36 Error in expression <l bis_fnc_removeVirtualBackpackCargo;

if (_isVirtual) then {

[_entity,(_input>
 7:59:36   Error position: <if (_isVirtual) then {

[_entity,(_input>
 7:59:36   Error if: Type Array, expected Bool
 7:59:36 File A3\3DEN\Functions\fn_initAmmoBox.sqf, line 43

Can someone help me with this error

7:59:36 Error in expression <l bis_fnc_removeVirtualBackpackCargo;

if (_isVirtual) then {

[_entity,(_input>
 7:59:36   Error position: <if (_isVirtual) then {

[_entity,(_input>
 7:59:36   Error if: Type Array, expected Bool
 7:59:36 File A3\3DEN\Functions\fn_initAmmoBox.sqf, line 43

That looks like an internal error to A3. As you can see it's saying there is an error in the function removeVirtualBackpackCargo. 

When does the error occur? After a certain event? During a init file running? Whats going on in the report file before this error? 

Hello !

Yes thank you, that's what I did finally.

Another question: Airplanes do not work? I try to add to the file "Patrol_Ops_3_configuration.hpp" but they do not fly, they appear on the ground...

Can we add, AAF Factions with CSAT ? I try to modify PatrolOPs3_Configurations.hpp but no work

Thx and sorry for my bad english.

I've replaced CSAT with AAF and others. As for planes, never tried them. I would put the airplane in the Attack Helo line, and try it. Reason being the PO3 spawner function may call Attack Helos. 

PO3_preDefinedEnemyVehicles = [

/* AAF Forces */
/* 0 - Anti Air Vehicles */ ["I_APC_Wheeled_03_cannon_F"] 
/* 1 - Attack Helos */ ,["I_Heli_light_03_F"] 
/* 2 - Attack Planes */ ,["I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F"] 

This is one of my PO3 Configs. I use the NATO mission, and edit the CSAT stuff. 

// ==== PO3 Enemy Unit Groups ==============================================================================
PO3_preDefinedEnemySquads = [
/* CSAT Forces */
	 ["EN_GroupForce_0", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_AR_F","I_G_Soldier_A_F"]]	
	,["EN_GroupForce_1", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_GL_F","I_G_Soldier_A_F"]]	
	,["EN_GroupForce_2", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_LAT","I_G_Soldier_A_F"]]	
	,["EN_GroupForce_3", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_engineer_F","I_G_Soldier_LAT_F"]]	
	,["EN_GroupForce_4", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_exp_F","I_G_medic_F"]]
	,["EN_GroupForce_5", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_M_F","I_G_medic_F"]]
	,["EN_GroupForce_6", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_lite_F","I_G_Soldier_F"]]	
	,["EN_GroupForce_7", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Sharpshooter_F","I_G_A_F"]]	
	,["EN_GroupForce_8", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_AR_F","I_G_Soldier_GL_F"]]	
	,["EN_GroupForce_9", ["I_G_Soldier_TL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_exp_F","I_G_engineer_F"]]	

,["EN_PatrolGroup0", ["I_G_Soldier_SL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_lite_F","I_G_Soldier_AR_F"]]	// Fireteam Recon 0
	,["EN_PatrolGroup1", ["I_G_Soldier_SL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_lite_F","I_G_Soldier_GL_F"]]	// Fireteam Recon 0
	,["EN_PatrolGroup2", ["I_G_Soldier_SL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_lite_F","I_G_Soldier_M_F"]]	// Fireteam Recon 0
	,["EN_PatrolGroup3", ["I_G_Soldier_SL_F","I_G_Soldier_F","I_G_Soldier_lite_F","I_G_Soldier_LAT_F"]]	// Fireteam Recon 0

,["EN_Squad_Divers", []]	// Diver Team 0
	,["EN_Squad_Sniper", ["I_G_Soldier_Sharpshooter_F","I_G_Soldier_A_F"]]	// Sniper Team 0

Capture Intel - I found the intel would end up under a floor or building.

Clear Runway - Worked great for me. I placed CV at every airport, so I wouldn't have to transport there. Or spawned in with zeus. 

Rescue Pilot - Never tried it. Don't know. 

Clear Runway - Worked great for me. I placed CV at every airport, so I wouldn't have to transport there. Or spawned in with zeus. 

That's exactly what I did :-)

CV is the engineering vehicle required to knock down the berms. I took out the PO3 sling load system, and used BI's when it came out. So you couldn't sling load it.

It's the Bobcat CRV. 

Please another question I want to disable the Ambient Ground Patrol around me when I am in helicopter, who to do this please ?

How to make enemies appear in buildings, please ? 

I believe you need a 3rd party script. Not within current PO3 Framework. Maybe in the PO4 Framework. 

how to use Simulation Manager module with Patrol Ops 3 ? Here is some good info. Outside of that, I haven't messed with it. Looks interesting.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/157836-simulation-manager/page-2

I want to disable the Ambient Ground Patrol around me when I am in helicopter, who to do this please ? I don't think that is possible within PO3 Framework. But as before, you need to dig into the low level files and code, and find what controls that. Look at all the functions controlling AGP. 

I wouldn't put too much effort into PO3. PO4 and a new framework is coming. Soon hopefully......;-).

On 06/12/2016 at 0:17 PM, Blackheart_Six said:

Ahhhhh updated website.....Great

Kind of OT......DJI Mavic?

I did purchase one for fun, still waiting on it to arrive. However that part of the site will deep link to a company I've work with for the last few years.

23 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Rats!

I was hoping for a Christmas surprise.  Oh well....it'll happen when it happens.

Sorry dude, good news is I've got a couple of weeks holiday so actually have time to work on that task system ;)

Cheers,

• Like 3

Roy, 

Just question regarding the validity of the information on this page, A3 Mission Framework

Is the structure the same, with the description.ext being the main file? How up to date is this information? Can I use it to start studying the format and syntax?

Hope you have a Happy New Year...Thanks

4 hours ago, Blackheart_Six said:

Roy, 

Just question regarding the validity of the information on this page, A3 Mission Framework

Is the structure the same, with the description.ext being the main file? How up to date is this information? Can I use it to start studying the format and syntax?

Hope you have a Happy New Year down.....Thanks

Fair bit is a little out of date as I've been optimising the framework through testing, but yes, the whole mission configuration is in the description.ext file.

I'll let you know when I've update the info and examples.

Happy New year ;)

Cheers,

Hi, fairly new to the whole Arma shebang, and wanted to ask. I've got it working great in my Arma 3 game, I host servers for my mates and I to play here in the AE, I have a slight problem though. The game seems to not want to play music at all, nor can I hear radio sounds. I've gone through what I can in this tread, but editing the sections here (the init.sqf)

'if(!isDedicated && !PO3_debug) then {
    playMusic "LeadTrack01a_F";
    0 fadeMusic 1;
    [5,""] spawn PO3_fnc_camera_fadein;
    if!(PO3_debug) then { [270,900,150] call PO3_fnc_introsequence };
    [] spawn { sleep 20; 8 fadeMusic 0; };'

does nothing. 

Am I supposed to host this in a different way? Has music been disabled in this mission/game file? My custom music works fine in my own made editor missions and even my custom Multiplayer missions, but radio sounds as well as music and menu sounds too (like, configuring controls and etc) just seem to die out when I launch this mission.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Rick

(PS I know PO4 is being worked on, but wondering if I'd be able to get any support for this)

Rolen, 

I would put back the original code in the script.

Let me preface the below comments, I am NOT a programmer, I am a professional hack, so IMHO....

The first line says "IF this is NOT a dedicated server AND NOT PO3_debug then play the music",

I believe. If that is wrong, someone please correct. 

So what I would do is remove the "!" in front of isDedicated, and see what happens. As always, make a copy of the file!

if(isDedicated && PO3_debug) then {
    playMusic "LeadTrack01a_F";
    0 fadeMusic 1;
    [5,""] spawn PO3_fnc_camera_fadein;
    if (PO3_debug) then { [270,900,150] call PO3_fnc_introsequence };
    [] spawn { sleep 20; 8 fadeMusic 0; };

Arma is very funny about what is a server vs what is a dedicated server.

Here is a great site for Arma reference. 

http://killzonekid.com/arma-3-local-dedicated-server/