roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Thanks guys, rule is: Family > Work > Arma > Health ;)

I appreciate PO4 has been insanely slow development as I have been very passionate about getting it right with what little time I have and I'm glad your excited, but it will not come any faster than when it will ( soon... :P ).

I recently set my dedicated server up again to refine MP offline, so more teases to come as I am getting features stable. Once they are, the beta begins... then Tanoa expansion.

I will have Git Hub setup once it is released for others to contribute and grow it further but I want to set a standard first to be clear on the direction I would like it on.

I'm interested to have community made operations included as they can be map specific too and that is what the framework is for.

Cheers,

Glad to see Tanoa on the radar in the future :)

Having some issues on my Tanoa port. On objective creation, i receive the following repeating errors about half the time.

https://gyazo.com/89cd7b0922935812cc75c7353560cf58

https://gyazo.com/42eaaee7cf5816311586b44eea6dca60

I have a few ideas as to the cause, but instead of wandering around aimlessly, thought id pose the issue to the experts.

Having some issues on my Tanoa port. On objective creation, i receive the following repeating errors about half the time.

https://gyazo.com/89cd7b0922935812cc75c7353560cf58

https://gyazo.com/42eaaee7cf5816311586b44eea6dca60

I have a few ideas as to the cause, but instead of wandering around aimlessly, thought id pose the issue to the experts.

show me the entire RPT and the 2 files

Apparently some of you are having success with PO3 yet.  What are you doing about the IGI scripts blowing up trucks when you load a crate?

Apparently some of you are having success with PO3 yet.  What are you doing about the IGI scripts blowing up trucks when you load a crate?

I switched to R3F Logistics.  

Roy, 

I have an observation, I would like to run by you.

I was setting up an ORBAT in PO3 to upload to my dedicated server. Everything worked great in the multiplayer editor. When I uploaded to the D.S. I couldn't see the ORBAT. I troubleshot it. I found if I delete the files out of Documents -> Arma 3 -> Saved -> MPMissions, then I can see the ORBAT when I join the D.S.. What I deduced was, when I delete the saved game from the local, it forces the system to download the latest version from the server, with the updated ORBAT. I also noticed this with squad.xml images. 

Does the game load a cached version of the mission, and was not seeing the changes I made to the description.ext? I did do some other testing. I put the ORBAT into the dialog.hpp file, and it loaded from there without having to delete the saved missions. My only issue there was I couldn't get the background insignia's to display correctly.   

Just something I saw. No need to reply. 

• Like 1

Roy, 

I have an observation, I would like to run by you.

I was setting up an ORBAT in PO3 to upload to my dedicated server. Everything worked great in the multiplayer editor. When I uploaded to the D.S. I couldn't see the ORBAT. I troubleshot it. I found if I delete the files out of Documents -> Arma 3 -> Saved -> MPMissions, then I can see the ORBAT when I join the D.S.. What I deduced was, when I delete the saved game from the local, it forces the system to download the latest version from the server, with the updated ORBAT. I also noticed this with squad.xml images. 

Does the game load a cached version of the mission, and was not seeing the changes I made to the description.ext? I did do some other testing. I put the ORBAT into the dialog.hpp file, and it loaded from there without having to delete the saved missions. My only issue there was I couldn't get the background insignia's to display correctly.   

Just something I saw. No need to reply. 

Interesting, I have not played around with the ORBAT so i'll defer till after PO4 launch before solving this one.

In the mean time, finishing the polish on the updated injury system.

Concept I've wanted to build for so long and has similar principles of BIS Revive. it can be easily configured to be simple or complex and supports MP & SP (AI + Players), drag, carry etc... and hit points can be worked on by multiple players to speed up the process

• Like 8

Hi Roy,

reference your medical system

I've been playing around with ideas for a medical system that I wanted to plug into PO3, which reflects our community's playing style.

I am getting sick of ..... for example the CAS pilots being stupid, flying over or near enemy AAA getting shot down, respawning getting into an aircraft and repeating the process again and again. I tried all sorts of "fixes", slowing respawn down of both the pilot and the aircraft but this didnt seem to stop them being idiots, so I came up with the following medical concept.

The aim of which is to help build cohesion within a squad, reducing the number of respawns which fragments the squad too much over too great an area. Basically the players stays where he was hit until he has been attended to by a medic, this then causes the squad to stay with him until their medic has a chance to revive him.

I also wanted a way to bring a better medical system into play and add some nice FX to help increase immersion.

I also wanted a dissuade suicidal players from being just that, especially idiot CAS Pilots.....

So this is what i came up with

This is an overview of what I intend (at some point) to create

1) Player hit > Hit event then selects an effect based on 

• Where hit
  • What with
  • Amount of damage
  • How many previous times has the player been hit
    • FX: Drop weapon (Got this working nicely, quite difficult to create a weapon on the ground exactly as the player had the weapon equipped with correct ammo count etc)
    • FX Spun around (This is nice and disorientating)
    • FX Knocked to ground (Good for blast ordinance)
    • FX Visual impairement (WIP)
    • FX Audible Impairement (WIP Something similar to the ACE ears ringing and then muffled sound)
    • FX Stamina reduced
    • FX Movement rate diminished
    • FX Bleed out timer
    • FX shaky hands 
    • FX unable to stand
    • FX Unconscious
    • FX Increased rate of other FX if player has been hit several times before

2) Treatment of injury (Dependant on type of injury)

• Basic rifleman: using FAK
    • Slows bleed-out timer down
    • small chance to stabalise the casualty, preventing further deterioration
    • Cannot repair the casualty damage
    • Cannot pronounce a player as dead
  • Basic Medic: using Medkit
    • Slows bleedout timer down even more or stops it
    • More likely to stabilise the casualty
    • May repair by a small amount, possibly enough so the casualty can move, stand etc
    • May pronounce the player as dead (Player can then respawn)
  • Platoon Medic: using MedKit
    • Stops bleed-out timer completely
    • Will stabalise the casualty
    • Can repair fully if casualty had not been previously hit earlier in the mission
    • Can pronounce the player as dead (Player can then respawn)
  • Medical aid station or vehicle
    • Reset the "Casualty has been hit multiple times during the mission" counter

3) Respawn

• Casualty gets hit, respawn option is disabled
  • Casualty status: Unconscious - Required medic to treat them and bring them around
  • Casualty status: Dead - Requires a medic to check them over and pronounce them KIA, allowing them to or forcing respawn.

4) Spectate

• Casualty can spectate 1st person only, playerside units while he is unconscious or dead awaiting medical attention or to be pronounced KIA

5) Player has been hit several times during mission counter

• Each instance of becoming a casualty adds an incremental counter to the player.
  • The higher the number the more frequent and severe the FX and the quicker the bleedout timer runs down
  • When the counter is at the Max number allowed, the casualty has to be medivac'd to an aid station, medical vehicle etc and then has to remain there while virtual treatment occurs (A countdown timer), think of this as a "Time out" punishment. After which his injuries are all 100% fixed and the counter reset

6) Casualty Rate

• As part of the mission win/lose conditions, the players side has a maximum casualty cap.
  • This casualty rate is increased every time a player is pronounced dead or medivac'd to an aid station

7) Getting hit over water

This can be troublesome, so my approach to this was

Aircraft crashes into the sea, unconscious player is moveincargo to a createvehicle orange inflatable or requires divers to rescue the body

This means the casualty would need a marker to mark their downed position, 

8) CSAR Team

This is a 4 man team made up of medics who's job is to basically rescue downed pilots, or medivac injured players or as additional medical support.

They have their own vehicle set, Light Helo, boat, cars etc with cargo space fully equipped with dive gear etc

This is my dream vanilla medical system for PO3

Maybe some of these ideas could be implemented into your medical system ?

If possible, i would really like the following functionality

1) Bool option to disallow any players from respawning until they have been seen by a medic

2) Spectate mode while these units are in the unconscious state

As always, your work is very much appreciated, 

Cheers !

• Like 3

Interesting, I have not played around with the ORBAT so i'll defer till after PO4 launch before solving this one.

Concept I've wanted to build for so long and has similar principles of BIS Revive. it can be easily configured to be simple or complex and supports MP & SP (AI + Players), drag, carry etc... and hit points can be worked on by multiple players to speed up the process

Can not you finally release what

As always, your work is very much appreciated, 

Cheers !

Seconded on both accounts.

Terox. Where are the issues in your implementation? Might be a good idea to open this up to the community as a base for CMS - community medical system.......

• Like 1

Seconded on both accounts.

Terox. Where are the issues in your implementation? Might be a good idea to open this up to the community as a base for CMS - community medical system.......

It' is a very early iteration, atm, not much to look at. The only reason I mentioned it was incase Roy thought there was anything of interest in there that could be implemented in his system. Infact his up and coming system would most likely be a great foundation for something like that.

7) Getting hit over water

Aircraft crashes into the sea, unconscious player is moveincargo to a createvehicle orange inflatable or requires divers to rescue the body

8) CSAR Team

This is a 4 man team made up of medics who's job is to basically rescue downed pilots, or medivac injured players or as additional medical support.

They have their own vehicle set, Light Helo, boat, cars etc with cargo space fully equipped with dive gear etc

7 -- hell no just make them respawn... realistically your only going to have 30-40 people as most people these days are going with cheap servers so thats taking players out of other rolls and could be getting stuck into the action and fighting in towns

8 -- CSAR personally tried this back in the day of 3.0 and when my community put together a unofficial 4.0 we found for the fast pace of the missions and the number of players you have its hard to get CSAR when your fighting off in a town for an hour before you clear it out for CSAR to land.

I really like the fact that the medic have to pronounce the casulty KIA before he can respawn. Really like your Idea... I don't know if that could be done with ACE 3 thought.  

Like the medical.... Clean, and no mods required.

• Like 1

Hi Roy,

reference your medical system

I've been playing around with ideas for a medical system that I wanted to plug into PO3, which reflects our community's playing style.

I am getting sick of ..... for example the CAS pilots being stupid, flying over or near enemy AAA getting shot down, respawning getting into an aircraft and repeating the process again and again. I tried all sorts of "fixes", slowing respawn down of both the pilot and the aircraft but this didn't seem to stop them being idiots, so I came up with the following medical concept.

The aim of which is to help build cohesion within a squad, reducing the number of respawns which fragments the squad too much over too great an area. Basically the players stays where he was hit until he has been attended to by a medic, this then causes the squad to stay with him until their medic has a chance to revive him.

I also wanted a way to bring a better medical system into play and add some nice FX to help increase immersion.

I also wanted a dissuade suicidal players from being just that, especially idiot CAS Pilots.....

So this is what i came up with

This is an overview of what I intend (at some point) to create

1) Player hit > Hit event then selects an effect based on (All possible, some already planned but will not be in the first release)

• Where hit
  • What with
  • Amount of damage
  • How many previous times has the player been hit
    • FX: Drop weapon (Got this working nicely, quite difficult to create a weapon on the ground exactly as the player had the weapon equipped with correct ammo count etc)
    • FX Spun around (This is nice and disorientating)
    • FX Knocked to ground (Good for blast ordinance)
    • FX Visual impairment (WIP)
    • FX Audible Impairment (WIP Something similar to the ACE ears ringing and then muffled sound)
    • FX Stamina reduced
    • FX Movement rate diminished
    • FX Bleed out timer
    • FX shaky hands 
    • FX unable to stand
    • FX Unconscious
    • FX Increased rate of other FX if player has been hit several times before

2) Treatment of injury (Dependant on type of injury) (Associated healing scripts can have these cases built in)

• Basic rifleman: using FAK
    • Slows bleed-out timer down
    • small chance to stabalise the casualty, preventing further deterioration
    • Cannot repair the casualty damage
    • Cannot pronounce a player as dead
  • Basic Medic: using Medkit
    • Slows bleedout timer down even more or stops it
    • More likely to stabilise the casualty
    • May repair by a small amount, possibly enough so the casualty can move, stand etc
    • May pronounce the player as dead (Player can then respawn)
  • Platoon Medic: using MedKit
    • Stops bleed-out timer completely
    • Will stabalise the casualty
    • Can repair fully if casualty had not been previously hit earlier in the mission
    • Can pronounce the player as dead (Player can then respawn)
  • Medical aid station or vehicle
    • Reset the "Casualty has been hit multiple times during the mission" counter

3) Respawn (All Possible, delayed/triggered respawn is a feature of the new system)

• Casualty gets hit, respawn option is disabled
  • Casualty status: Unconscious - Required medic to treat them and bring them around
  • Casualty status: Dead - Requires a medic to check them over and pronounce them KIA, allowing them to or forcing respawn.

4) Spectate (Don't want people gaining unfair situational awareness but may include it later)

• Casualty can spectate 1st person only, playerside units while he is unconscious or dead awaiting medical attention or to be pronounced KIA

5) Player has been hit several times during mission counter (Possible like point 2 above)

• Each instance of becoming a casualty adds an incremental counter to the player.
  • The higher the number the more frequent and severe the FX and the quicker the bleedout timer runs down
  • When the counter is at the Max number allowed, the casualty has to be medivac'd to an aid station, medical vehicle etc and then has to remain there while virtual treatment occurs (A countdown timer), think of this as a "Time out" punishment. After which his injuries are all 100% fixed and the counter reset

6) Casualty Rate (First point is in already. On players accepting certain tasks, a task may have a limited casualty count or no respawn until it is complete/failed)

• As part of the mission win/lose conditions, the players side has a maximum casualty cap.
  • This casualty rate is increased every time a player is pronounced dead or medivac'd to an aid station

7) Getting hit over water (maybe for the uber realists but very little benefit outweighed by the amount of scripting needed)

8) CSAR Team (This is more operational approach by players rather than scripting)

Maybe some of these ideas could be implemented into your medical system ?

If possible, i would really like the following functionality

1) Bool option to disallow any players from respawning until they have been seen by a medic (Possible but not in the first release)

2) Spectate mode while these units are in the unconscious state (3rd Person enabled, I may look at allowing spectator but not in the first release)

As always, your work is very much appreciated, (Cheers !)

Cheers !

Answers in Red

• Like 1

Hello my server uses this mission we love it but can you ad VA to the server also update it please thanks.

Ruppard, 

Just add VA to the Vehicle ammo box yourself. 

Remove the line that uses VAS, and add this to the init of the ammo box

0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

I don't think there is any more updates to PO3. We are waiting for the release of PO4.

Hello 6,

What did you do to edit out IGI's logistics?  Putting in R3F is not a big deal but scrubbing the mission of it's default material handling is the key to success.

Hello 6,

What did you do to edit out IGI's logistics?  Putting in R3F is not a big deal but scrubbing the mission of it's default material handling is the key to success.

Not quite sure what you mean by "scrubbing the mission of it's default material handling is the key to success"

Logistics will be R3F in the first release with a custom system later.

Not for you Roy, you are busy enough with real life and PO4.  I was referring to Blackhearts post about replacing IGI with RF3 in Patrol Ops 3....

What is the key to removing (or disabling) IgiLoad as it is a bit more deeply integrated than vanilla usage.

Take a look at these, i've just implemented them in a script form for a PO3 variant on Tanoa, very lightweight system, easy to use, the rappeling is very sweet and an up and coming release is promised to allow rappelling of buildings

The complete suite is self intuitive.

For example addactions, which are  are created via an FSM based on your cursor are added and removed dynamically to the required type of objects

(Have never seen that done before), which are much better on performance than ones added to an object)

Examples of how to Tow:

Addaction deploy "Tow rope", then attaches the tow rope to the player object who can then walk a short distance to the vehicle.

At that point "Addaction attach rope to vehicle and your done.

In reverse, unnattach rope from vehicle, walk back to towing vehicle addaction "stow rope"

Sling load, some larger helo's can deploy more than 1 sling rope, rope surges out from underneath the helo, player has action to pick up the rope then walks to object to attach it.

Basically simulates how it works in real life and is much more user friendly than any I have seen previously.

Everything is already weighted for you and works out of the box.

For those who have no idea how to script, these also come in addon variants, which are purely serverside, so will work in a vanilla server environment. (The server injects the required code onto the client via a public variable call (1 short scripts / system)

@Roy, these are so simple to use and implement, the guy even defines the cfgRemoteExec classes for the description,ext. (See Spoiler below)

It also appears to be very robust and may solve all your logistics issues  and save you a lot of time

class CfgRemoteExec

{
    class Functions
    {
        class AR_Client_Rappel_From_Heli { allowedTargets=0; };
        class AR_Hint { allowedTargets=1; };
        class AR_Hide_Object_Global { allowedTargets=2; };
        class AR_Enable_Rappelling_Animation { allowedTargets=2; };
        class AR_Rappel_From_Heli { allowedTargets=2; };

class SA_Simulate_Towing     { allowedTargets=0; };
        class SA_Attach_Tow_Ropes   { allowedTargets=0; };
        class SA_Take_Tow_Ropes     { allowedTargets=0; };
        class SA_Put_Away_Tow_Ropes { allowedTargets=0; };
        class SA_Pickup_Tow_Ropes   { allowedTargets=0; };
        class SA_Drop_Tow_Ropes     { allowedTargets=0; };
        class SA_Set_Owner       { allowedTargets=2; };
        class SA_Hint           { allowedTargets=1; };
        class SA_Hide_Object_Global { allowedTargets=2; };

class ASL_Extend_Ropes { allowedTargets=0; };
class ASL_Shorten_Ropes { allowedTargets=0; };
class ASL_Release_Cargo { allowedTargets=0; };
class ASL_Retract_Ropes { allowedTargets=0; };
class ASL_Deploy_Ropes { allowedTargets=0; };
class ASL_Attach_Ropes { allowedTargets=0; };
class ASL_Drop_Ropes { allowedTargets=0; };
class ASL_Hint { allowedTargets=1; };
class ASL_Hide_Object_Global { allowedTargets=2; };
    };
};

SA Advanced Rappelling.

SA Advanced Sling Loading

[sA Advanced towing

Enjoy !!

@@lawndartleo if your in a western EU zone, I will be running our tanoa variant tonight after the release of Apex, once i'm happy and I believe its stable enough, i'd be more than happy to pass you the files (pure vanilla). It wont be fully polished, but it will be playable and i'll keep you updated as i edit/fix issues, or you can pop onto the server and grab them that way.

Hello 6,

Nothing wrong with default logistics, but R3F offered more in what I was looking for. Plus BI came out with sling load, so I wanted to use that. 

To edit out anything, I started with functions file, and just rem'd out stuff. Then looked at addAction items and searched in notepad ++ for the action, and rem'd it out.

Lot of trail and error. As I've said, I can read code, I can break code, and can fix code. But I can't write code from scratch. That is a true art. I am a hardware guy.  

PO4 Framework looks much cleaner. Excited about it being modular and being able to use one or all, or anything in between. 

@@lawndartleo if your in a western EU zone, I will be running our tanoa variant tonight after the release of Apex, once i'm happy and I believe its stable enough, i'd be more than happy to pass you the files (pure vanilla). It wont be fully polished, but it will be playable and i'll keep you updated as i edit/fix issues, or you can pop onto the server and grab them that way.

I have a tanoa port that fails to start a mission until i hit the SKIP mission. Unplayable for a public Server.

Is this not an issue for you?