roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

This mission is very good, but needs updating, fails in ammunition box.

Update to the Virtual Arsenal. 

Put this in just about any object...

this addaction ["<t color='#ffc600'>Equipment</t>", { ["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal; }];

I've removed VAS, and updated the HALO drop to the latest version by Cobra. Plus a bunch of other stuff. 

We will have Patrol Ops 4.0 soon with all the latest features of Arma 3. I am gearing up towards that 

Seeing as PO3 is coming to the end of its life, I thought it might be interesting to see what devs have done with PO3 to change it from Roy's initial creation.

So I'll start it off with what we did

1. Changed the orbat so there was a defined Mission commander group
  2. Preset the fireteam colours, red & blue for fireteams, yellow for medic
  3. Changed who can assign roles to Mission Commander/ X,O or Admin only (This had a great effect and sent the elite LMG, AT Specops player back to Counterstrike where he belongs)
  4. Reduced the amount of vehicles available
  5. Specifically, CAS is now made up of 2 elements.
    • 1 * Light Helo
    • 1 * Fast air
  6. Reduced artillery to 1 vehicle that can fire from the base, but must be the artillery commander
  7. Reduced type of artillery rounds but increased magazine count for the remaining types
  8. Predefined group callsigns for a more simplistic approach. Alpha, Bravo Charlie etc
  9. Added 2 Zeus slots (Restricted to predefined UID's, which is basically our official admins)
  10. Reset the default param values to our preferred settings
  11. * Updated VAS to work
  12. * Updated many scripts (too many to log)
  13. Severely restricted the VAS Loadouts
  • Made all "used" ammo types available to all so that each player could be used as an ammo bearer
  • Reduced & redistributed smoke grenade colours,
    • Gave all infantry Blue, to denote friendly positions
    • Gave all UGL weapons red smoke so they could mark enemy positions
    • Gave medic yellow smoke
    • Gave all enemy AI red smoke
    • This made it easier to recognise friendly enemy positions for CAS etc
  • Removed all Chemlights with the exception for red, which was reserved for engineers to mark mines etc
  • Added MMG's from the Marksman DLC
  • Removed all sniper rifles
  • Removed most of the scopes & Thermal equipment
  • Allowed only recon roles Thermal equipment but reduced their offensive capability
  • Added ammo (Magazines) to all logistical and troop carrying vehicles so they could resupply in the field
  • Added a self updating "legend" on the map which lists the current group orbats, this aids in communication cohesion as the commander now knows who is in charge of each group

There were many more but I cant quite remember everything we did.

Our basic premise was to

1. Create team centric play, where each player supported one and other and deter wherever possible lone wolf play
  2. Have a central command system and a set format for how the mission is set up and played out.
  3. Issue kit and SOP's that would create a much more player friendly organisation process (Such as the smoke grenade useage  etc)

I'd just like to also take this time and thank Roy for the effort and time he has put into bringing us PO3. It has given our community many many hours of enjoyable, organised play in a public environment and for that we are very thankful.

All the best with PO4

• Like 1

In my group we went the exact opposite and removed the roles completely so that other than the hard coded medic/engineer/UAV roles we could do whatever we wanted and also put in a full Arsenal so we could play Soldier Barbie to our hearts content.  We also added Zeus and a few more heavy lift helos because sling loading full HEMTTs full of goons is fun.

hay @Roy86

I see there is a script in patrol_Ops.sqf

if (PO3SRV) then {
[] Spawn PO3_fnc_registerLocations;
PO3_worldsize = call PO3_fnc_worldsize;
if (PO3_param_ambientpatrolair) then {[] spawn PO3_fnc_ambientAirPatrols; };
if (PO3_param_ambientpatrolgnd) then {[] spawn PO3_fnc_ambientGroundPatrols; };
// If (PO3_param_ambientIEDs) then {[] call PO3_fnc_ambientIEDs; };
// If (PO3_param_ambient_civs_enable) then {[300,8,6] spawn PO3_fnc_ambientCivs; };
// If (PO3_param_ambient_civtraffic_enable) then {[800,15,9] spawn PO3_fnc_ambientTraffic; };
};

it looks like the script to call a civilian ambient and ambient IEDs. then if I can to use it? and how do I enable it?

hai roy
I really like using patrol operations to play with my community. but I want to play with other factions. and I'm working on now. so I just asked for permission to edit patrol operations yours ..
Thank you

hai roy

I really like using patrol operations to play with my community. but I want to play with other factions. and I'm working on now. so I just asked for permission to edit patrol operations yours ..

Thank you

The eula permits that m8.

How do I adjust the level of enemy armor that spawns? Specifically in ambient ground patrols.  I can't seem to find it.

TIA

Go to data\params.sqf file. All the mission parameters are in there. 

No, not what I'm talking about.  I have it on low and there's still armor everywhere.Are

Are you using the multiplayer editor, then exporting to multiplayer? Preview after saving to multiplayer. 

Hello, we have recently loaded Patrol Ops onto our server, however we are having an issue where the first aid system is not working, we are just instantly dead, is this a common issue for other users, or is the first aid script being used broken?

Hello guys,

Someone might be able to help me out here

So here goes, I want to play against different faction.

Im trying to play patrol ops on Unsung vietnam. I'am playing as US army and i want to play against NVA(north vietnam army). but i dont know how to change enemy CSAT forces to NVA. I already tried changing CSAT forces to NVA , but it don't work

Code down below

Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp

/* CSAT Forces */
["EN_GroupForce_0", ["uns_nva1","uns_nva1a","uns_nva1b","uns_nva1c"]] // Fireteam 0
,["EN_GroupForce_1", ["uns_nva2med","uns_nva3mg","uns_nva3amg","uns_nva4rpg"]] // Fireteam 1
,["EN_GroupForce_2", ["uns_nva4arpg","uns_nva5sni","uns_nva6sap","uns_nva6asap"]] // Fireteam 2
,["EN_GroupForce_3", ["uns_nva6bsap","uns_nva7rto","uns_nva7arto","uns_nva8a"]] // Fireteam 3
,["EN_GroupForce_4", ["uns_nva8b","uns_nva8c","uns_nva8d","uns_nva8e"]] // Fireteam 4
,["EN_GroupForce_5", ["uns_nva8b","uns_nva8c","uns_nva8d","uns_nva8e"]] // Fireteam 5
,["EN_GroupForce_6", ["uns_nva8f","uns_nva8g","uns_nva8h","uns_nva8aa"]] // Fireteam 6
,["EN_GroupForce_7", ["uns_nva9a","uns_nva9b","uns_nva9c","uns_nva10a"]] // Fireteam 7
,["EN_GroupForce_8", ["uns_nva10b","uns_nva11a","uns_nva11b","uns_nva12a"]] // Fireteam 8
,["EN_GroupForce_9", ["uns_nva12b","uns_nva12c","uns_nva12d","uns_nva_medic"]] // Fireteam 9
,["EN_PatrolGroup0", ["uns_nva6bsap","uns_nva7rto","uns_nva7arto","uns_nva8a"]] // Fireteam Recon 0
,["EN_PatrolGroup1", ["uns_nva8f","uns_nva8g","uns_nva8h","uns_nva8aa"]] // Fireteam Recon 1
,["EN_PatrolGroup2", ["uns_nva8b","uns_nva8c","uns_nva8d","uns_nva8e"]] // Fireteam Recon 2
,["EN_PatrolGroup3", ["uns_nva10b","uns_nva11a","uns_nva11b","uns_nva12a"]] // Fireteam Recon 3
,["EN_PatrolGroup4", ["uns_nva12b","uns_nva12c","uns_nva12d","uns_nva_medic"]] // Fireteam Recon 4
,["EN_Squad_Divers", ["uns_nva2med","uns_nva3mg","uns_nva3amg","uns_nva4rpg"]] // Diver Team 0
,["EN_Squad_Sniper", ["uns_nva5sni","uns_nva5sni"]]

Any help would be great

Thank you for your time.

Hello, we have recently loaded Patrol Ops onto our server, however we are having an issue where the first aid system is not working, we are just instantly dead, is this a common issue for other users, or is the first aid script being used broken?

I stopped using the AIS Injury system a long time ago. I switched to BIS "end game" revive. It doesn't have drag/drop in it, but it works every time. Any time there is a major update, things can get broken in the code. You need to download the latest AIS system, or switch to the different revive system. 

Hello guys,

Someone might be able to help me out here

So here goes, I want to play against different faction.

Im trying to play patrol ops on Unsung vietnam. I'am playing as US army and i want to play against NVA(north vietnam army). but i dont know how to change enemy CSAT forces to NVA. I already tried changing CSAT forces to NVA , but it don't work

Code down below

Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp

/* CSAT Forces */
["EN_GroupForce_0", ["uns_nva1","uns_nva1a","uns_nva1b","uns_nva1c"]] // Fireteam 0
,["EN_GroupForce_1", ["uns_nva2med","uns_nva3mg","uns_nva3amg","uns_nva4rpg"]] // Fireteam 1
,["EN_GroupForce_2", ["uns_nva4arpg","uns_nva5sni","uns_nva6sap","uns_nva6asap"]] // Fireteam 2
,["EN_GroupForce_3", ["uns_nva6bsap","uns_nva7rto","uns_nva7arto","uns_nva8a"]] // Fireteam 3
,["EN_GroupForce_4", ["uns_nva8b","uns_nva8c","uns_nva8d","uns_nva8e"]] // Fireteam 4
,["EN_GroupForce_5", ["uns_nva8b","uns_nva8c","uns_nva8d","uns_nva8e"]] // Fireteam 5
,["EN_GroupForce_6", ["uns_nva8f","uns_nva8g","uns_nva8h","uns_nva8aa"]] // Fireteam 6
,["EN_GroupForce_7", ["uns_nva9a","uns_nva9b","uns_nva9c","uns_nva10a"]] // Fireteam 7
,["EN_GroupForce_8", ["uns_nva10b","uns_nva11a","uns_nva11b","uns_nva12a"]] // Fireteam 8
,["EN_GroupForce_9", ["uns_nva12b","uns_nva12c","uns_nva12d","uns_nva_medic"]] // Fireteam 9
,["EN_PatrolGroup0", ["uns_nva6bsap","uns_nva7rto","uns_nva7arto","uns_nva8a"]] // Fireteam Recon 0
,["EN_PatrolGroup1", ["uns_nva8f","uns_nva8g","uns_nva8h","uns_nva8aa"]] // Fireteam Recon 1
,["EN_PatrolGroup2", ["uns_nva8b","uns_nva8c","uns_nva8d","uns_nva8e"]] // Fireteam Recon 2
,["EN_PatrolGroup3", ["uns_nva10b","uns_nva11a","uns_nva11b","uns_nva12a"]] // Fireteam Recon 3
,["EN_PatrolGroup4", ["uns_nva12b","uns_nva12c","uns_nva12d","uns_nva_medic"]] // Fireteam Recon 4
,["EN_Squad_Divers", ["uns_nva2med","uns_nva3mg","uns_nva3amg","uns_nva4rpg"]] // Diver Team 0
,["EN_Squad_Sniper", ["uns_nva5sni","uns_nva5sni"]]

Any help would be great

Thank you for your time.

Is that all you changed? Did you edit the "PO3 Side Configuration" at the top of the file? What's the faction/side of the units? Also, what about vehicles/items/equipment? I've never undertook changing out sides.

I stopped using the AIS Injury system a long time ago. I switched to BIS "end game" revive. It doesn't have drag/drop in it, but it works every time. Any time there is a major update, things can get broken in the code. You need to download the latest AIS system, or switch to the different revive system. 

Is that all you changed? Did you edit the "PO3 Side Configuration" at the top of the file? What's the faction/side of the units? Also, what about vehicles/items/equipment? I've never undertook changing out sides.

Hello Blackheart_Six

Thank you for replying, i think i got it working. I will let you know how it is going. Thank you very much for replying. 

Hey! I saw that the first page of the thread states that the mission and code are released under CC-BY-NC-SA, however in Patrol_Ops_3.sqf it says "Permitted for public release without modification". There are also some other files which include a "do not modify this file" line but do not mention if this is technical (don't modify, might break things) or licensing related. Some clarification would be greatly appreciated! (Oh, and is hosting the mission on a public server considered 'public release'?)

Hey! I saw that the first page of the thread states that the mission and code are released under CC-BY-NC-SA, however in Patrol_Ops_3.sqf it says "Permitted for public release without modification". There are also some other files which include a "do not modify this file" line but do not mention if this is technical (don't modify, might break things) or licensing related. Some clarification would be greatly appreciated! (Oh, and is hosting the mission on a public server considered 'public release'?)

From Post #1: 

You are free to:

• Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
  • Modify — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

• Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
  • Non-commercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
  • Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same license to this one.

With the understanding that:

• Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
  • Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
  • Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
  • Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
  • The author's moral rights;
  • Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
  • Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work

I believe where stated in the files "Do not Modify", you'll break the mission if you don't do it correctly. 

Thanks Blackheart, I did read that (It's standard CC-BY-NC-SA), however Roy's website mentions that PO3 is licensed under a variety of CC licenses and it's definitively not unheard of to have certain parts of a mod be licensed slightly differently (e.g. some of it might be CC-BY-NC-ND). I'm fairly certain I wouldn't end up getting sued to hell and back even if I did choose to read the first post as applying to everything, however I'm more concerned with respecting Roy's wishes and not annoying a great scripter unnecessarily :)  So far I've simply worked around the apparent restriction by editing only files without those restrictions mentioned in them, however it does mean that there's some 'dead code' in there that I can't touch because it's e.g. referenced in one of the "don't modify" files.

From Post #1: 

You are free to:

• Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
  • Modify — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

• Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
  • Non-commercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
  • Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same license to this one.

With the understanding that:

• Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
  • Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
  • Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
  • Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
  • The author's moral rights;
  • Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
  • Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work

I believe where stated in the files "Do not Modify", you'll break the mission if you don't do it correctly. 

Spot on ;) For PO3 I'm happy for people to edit. Only real condition is any public release is labeled properly as an edited version and run past me first.

Thanks Blackheart, I did read that (It's standard CC-BY-NC-SA), however Roy's website mentions that PO3 is licensed under a variety of CC licenses and it's definitively not unheard of to have certain parts of a mod be licensed slightly differently (e.g. some of it might be CC-BY-NC-ND). I'm fairly certain I wouldn't end up getting sued to hell and back even if I did choose to read the first post as applying to everything, however I'm more concerned with respecting Roy's wishes and not annoying a great scripter unnecessarily :)  So far I've simply worked around the apparent restriction by editing only files without those restrictions mentioned in them, however it does mean that there's some 'dead code' in there that I can't touch because it's e.g. referenced in one of the "don't modify" files.

PO3 is fine to modify as per license. "Do Not Modify" segments are recommended only for experienced programmers as those parts are you break it, you fix it yourself.

The variety of CC licenses is when comparing with PO2 and PO4 licenses.

Just be considerate of the developers and you should be cool.

PO4 news:

FYI, dealing with a lot at the moment. PO4 beta will commence once I've dealt with RL stuff. Thank you for your patience, I will be in touch with more detailed updates to those supporting the beta.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and best of luck with your RL stuff! I'm really impressed by the level of craftsmanship in PO, really looking forward to working with it again :)

Where can I get Patrol Ops 4?

Its not been released yet m8, its in a closed beta stage

Our impatience is only indicative of how great Patrol Ops has been in the past and how much we look forward to the next iteration.

That being said... are there any scrubbed up versions of PO3 that are available that address some of the issues encountered with the original as it has fallen prey to the march of game updates?