roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Really!? Never mind, figure it out.

wow thanks a lot you told me to download a text editor basically and then just figure it out? i am asking which file i need to open in order to find this,

because its not in description.ext like its supposed to be.. 

The mission parameters are in the params.hpp file in the data subdirectory. 

I think he got annoyed because you didn't see this

To find a hidden config file in a mission, follow the breadcrumb trails that the #include statements will create, these will start in the description.ext

which is...

class Params {
#include "data\params.hpp"
};

this will take you to

\data\params.hpp

• Like 1

I think he got annoyed because you didn't see this

To find a hidden config file in a mission, follow the breadcrumb trails that the #include statements will create, these will start in the description.ext

to delete the spawns its in the Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp so its not any of the places he said. and he got upset because i dont know these things im learning? people like him annoy me, but i figured it out.

The mission parameters are in the params.hpp file in the data subdirectory. 

To delete the spawn points so they don't show up in the redeploy GUI takes an editor like ATOM, and searching for the marker name. It's not just deleting the marker from the map. 

to delete the spawns its in the Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp so its not any of the places he said. and he got upset because i dont know these things im learning? people like him annoy me, but i figured it out.

What he is saying, is that you need a decent text editor with the ability to search across multiple files at once.

Atom is one such editor, there are plenty, I personally use Poseidon

Once you have installed the editor, then you basically need to find out how to do a mass search with it and then run that search for the "Markername" you want to remove on the un-pbo'd mission folder

You then have a list of every file that runs code on that marker, making it easier to then edit and remove it

Care should however be taken not to edit the mission.sqm file in this way, you need to load the mission up in the editor and delete it that way.

Most likely though, if its an enemy ai spawn location marker it will be part of a numbered series, so its most likely more problomatic than that

• Like 1

Okay, and what exaclty am i opening in this ??

Craig, My apologies to "Really!?". What I perceived from this post, is you didn't even open the link I sent. It looked to me, you didn't even download the editor. 

To help in the future, use the hell out of google. Also, just try and play around with whatever files you need. As long as you have the original zip file, you can't do any harm. Explore, and hack. 

I admire programmers who can write code. I am a hardware guy, and I can read it, understand it, and break it. 

Thanks

Blackheart SIx

• Like 1

Has anyone got an issue with VAS in PO3, when running the latest CBA, where the scopes are no longer accessible ??

If so have you a fix.

I have updated to the latest VAS and I know VAS is no longer supported, but I could do with a fix for this.

How do i take off the spawning of random enemies all over the map?

How do i take off the spawning of random enemies all over the map?

Edit the params.hpp file. Turn off Air Patrols and Ground Patrols.

Set param_PO3_ambientair and param_PO3_ambientgnd to zero. default = 0;

class param_PO3_ambientgnd {
		title = "Ambient Ground Patrols";
		values[]={0,400,600,800,1200};
		texts[]={$STR_PO3_TEXT_OFF,$STR_PO3_TEXT_LOW,$STR_PO3_TEXT_MED,$STR_PO3_TEXT_HIGH,$STR_PO3_TEXT_ULTRA};
		default=800;
		code = "PO3_param_ambientpatrolgnd = if(%1 > 0)then{ PO3_count_ambientpatrolgnd = %1; true}else{false};";
	};

Back home, will be spending a few days with family then the PO4 beta will start. I'll post up a request for interest by the end of the week.

@roy86 there is already a beta server

Don't know anything about that. Probably fake.

• Like 3

@Roy,

In the existing PO3.1 version, some of the tasks have been commented out, these being

// ,"PO3_task_m03_attackConvoySupply" // <!-- TEST
// ,"PO3_task_m04_captureIntel" // <!-- TEST
// ,"PO3_task_m09_clearRunway" // <!-- TEST
// ,"PO3_task_m10_clearSeaMinefield" // <!-- TEST
// ,"PO3_task_m14_defendDamagedBoat" // <!-- TEST
// ,"PO3_task_m20_rescuePilots" // <!-- TEST

I know this is a bit late in the day to notice this, especially with PO4 just round the corner.
I am particularly interested in trying to implement the following
  • "PO3_task_m03_attackConvoySupply"
  • "PO3_task_m04_captureIntel"
  • "PO3_task_m20_rescuePilots"

I would appreciate any information you can give which might help me resolve any issues that you had with them.

Cheers.

@Roy,

In the existing PO3.1 version, some of the tasks have been commented out, these being

I know this is a bit late in the day to notice this, especially with PO4 just round the corner.

I would appreciate any information you can give which might help me resolve any issues that you had with them.

Cheers.

Hi Terox, 

I ran M09 ok. I didn't have any issues. It's actually has pretty good counter attacks in it. The only problem is getting the engineer vehicle up to the airport. Takes a long time to drive. I think I made the weight of the vehicle the same as a container, then air lifted it. It worked every time. 

M04, the intel was really hard to find in a urban areas. Sometimes I think it was under rubble, or below the floor of the building. 

I'm running M03 right now, and it doesn't spawn the container all the time. It's basically the same as attack armor convoy. 2 Armor vehicle spawned instead of a truck convoy

I've never tried the others ones.

Good Day Roy, 

Will you be releasing the framework as a stand alone project, separate from the Patrol Ops 4 mission, in line with other frameworks, like Zenophon's Arma 3 Co-op Mission Framework. 

Looking forward to being able to dig in the nuts and bolts of it. 

Thanks, 

Blackheart_Six

@Roy,

Cheers.

I can't remember why I removed them, I think it was because i was not happy with their stability.

Good Day Roy, 

Will you be releasing the framework as a stand alone project, separate from the Patrol Ops 4 mission, in line with other frameworks, like Zenophon's Arma 3 Co-op Mission Framework. 

Looking forward to being able to dig in the nuts and bolts of it. 

Thanks, 

Blackheart_Six

It's certainly on the agenda: http://arma.roy86.com.au

Cheers

• Like 1

I can't remember why I removed them, I think it was because i was not happy with their stability.

I can confirm that. We tried some of them and they weren't always achievable. Sometimes the missed pilots (and the wreck) spawned deep inside the ground and could never be found. In the intel mission the intel was not collectable and so on ...

Back home, will be spending a few days with family then the PO4 beta will start. I'll post up a request for interest by the end of the week.

:(

It's not clear to me from the description, so sorry if this is a dumb question. Is Patrol Ops 3 SP compatible? If not, are their any plans for that with PO4? I heard really good things about this over on Reddit but just wanted some clarification on the SP stuff.

It's not clear to me from the description, so sorry if this is a dumb question. Is Patrol Ops 3 SP compatible? If not, are their any plans for that with PO4? I heard really good things about this over on Reddit but just wanted some clarification on the SP stuff.

I play P03 by myself all the time. Just copy the pbo to your multiplayer folder, and launch a LAN game. I do a lot of editing on it, so I have to play on LAN to test. 

:(

Check Twitter

Not really designed for it but does work. Blackheart has got the solution above. PO4 will be the same (Designed for MP but will work if locally hosted/SP)

I'm a little delayed scheduling the first Beta release. First batch of communities have been selected and will be notified shortly. Work is very busy and I'm away this week so will update a bit later. November looks like it will be quieter ;)

Cheers,

• Like 1

It's been a while since I did any PO's because I couldn't get the ojectives to show up on the map after launching. When I read that a new version was coming down the pike I thought I would just be patient and wait. I really miss it and thought I might as well ask for help while I wait, so here's asking.

Thanks a lot.

@Blackheart_Six

I play P03 by myself all the time. Just copy the pbo to your multiplayer folder, and launch a LAN game. I do a lot of editing on it, so I have to play on LAN to test.

Howdy....I see you play alone but I'm interested in how you "edit" your mission, and would you be interested in playing just a two player coop. The reason I ask is because the default missions seem quite overwhelming in terms of enemy and enemy vehicles if I play alone or with one or two others. I know the description states that it is meant for larger groups of players and that's why I'm interested in what, and how you are editing your missions.

Thanks for your feedback!

PS: I live right next door in the KY....ya'll :P

It's been a while since I did any PO's because I couldn't get the ojectives to show up on the map after launching. When I read that a new version was coming down the pike I thought I would just be patient and wait. I really miss it and thought I might as well ask for help while I wait, so here's asking.

Thanks a lot.

@Blackheart_Six

Howdy....I see you play alone but I'm interested in how you "edit" your mission, and would you be interested in playing just a two player coop. The reason I ask is because the default missions seem quite overwhelming in terms of enemy and enemy vehicles if I play alone or with one or two others. I know the description states that it is meant for larger groups of players and that's why I'm interested in what, and how you are editing your missions.

Thanks for your feedback!

PS: I live right next door in the KY....ya'll :P

Hey Partz,

Send me a friends invite on steam. Same name.

First, to edit missions, I copy the unpacked folder to documents ----->Arma 3---->mpmissions. Then go to multiplayer---->New, and select the mission that is highlighted in blue, in the LAN multiplayer. mission list. White letters are the packed PBO file, and un-editable. Save the mission as multiplayer to affect the changes you made, then  play it.

I have a dedicated server(in my signature) that I play on. I am on every Friday night (EST), and sometimes during the week when I am testing stuff. Right now I am working on setting up the LHD as a launch point.