roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

The missions carry on when all players die, or leave the server, only way they end is , IF admin END TASK, or server restarts...

Not sure about total number of deaths, i havent seen it anywhere ..

To make anyone drive a vehicle, Sqd leader needs to use PDA to give them pilot/Driver licence

There is a parameter for death count per task. Number of respawns 0,1,2,3,5,7,9,25,99

There's also a parameter for number of tasks before the mission ends. Number of tasks 1,2,3,5,7,9,15,30,99

How can I repair defective vehicles

Support Engineer (Crewman/Pilot) :icon_redface:

Edited by jus61

We are currently using this great Mod to good effect on our realism server, allows any number of our SF operators to participate and works well for us on both the Chernarus and Takistan maps.

Thank you for all your efforts producing this, much appreciated

Thanks for the awesome feedback.

As a treat, here is a video of a test of the NPC conversation system and the new vehicle depots. Please remember, These are alpha and have already been tweaked and improved.

Bit delayed these days due to work. Flying around a lot at the moment.

• Like 1

Getting a lot of emails regarding that video. To clear up a few points, PO4 is built on a custom mission framework that can be used to build a variety of missions.

The conversation system is easy to modify and build. Mission makers can play actions and randomise the responses so that conversation can be made very dynamic

The vehicle depot is a hub-spoke design that allows players at the hub depot to select specific vehicle types to create at a spoke depot. The spoke is configured to permit creation of certain vehicle types and also can resupply vehicles (Fuel/Repair/Rearm). Mission makers can set a cost and number limit per vehicle type. This is all scalable as it uses the vehicle type hierarchy (E.g. "B_MRAP_01" >> "CAR" >> "LandVehicle" >> "AllVehicles") to set these limit allowing automatic support for 3rd party mods.

Both the conversation system and vehicle depot are configured through the description.ext file. I've started documenting this at http://arma.roy86.com.aualong with other features you can expect.

More to Come ;)

Cheers,

Hello

After the 1.48 A3 Patch our Patrol ops server broke due to the update is there any way to fix this?

Best regards

is there a way to change the current settings on the revive system to allow everyone to heal and revive but keep heals reliant on FAKs? I play on a private server with a really small group, so not allowing everyone to revive/heal can get frustrating. But yeah, is there a value or something within the mission's files that I can change that will allow me to do this?, either that or how can I replace the current heal/revive system with BTC revive?

Edit: Also, I am trying to find the value that allows me to unlock the operation all vehicles and not enforce class restrictions, but I am having a hard time finding that too. Is there a way for me to add these two things into the parameters after I figure them out too? It'd be great to just toggle them when needed.

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your continued efforts around your very busy work and private life.

Is it possible to give a ball park figure as to when PO4 is going to be available, even the quarter of a year would be better than nothing.

PO3 has been played to death now and our community is itching to get the next evolution in this genre

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your continued efforts around your very busy work and private life.

Is it possible to give a ball park figure as to when PO4 is going to be available, even the quarter of a year would be better than nothing.

PO3 has been played to death now and our community is itching to get the next evolution in this genre

Hi Terox,

Aiming for early October for closed beta with selected communities. Release will come after when I'm satisfied with its stability.

A form will be posted for expressions of interest in helping test the beta.

Cheers

• Like 2

Thanks for the update, looking forward as usual

Hello im currently using Patrol ops 3, im just wondering if theres anyway that i could disable rallypoints... and also when theres someone in the Pilot/crewman slot can they just fly? without an admin having to give them permission - example when im in the pilot slot and try to enter a plane or heli it says i dont have the correct qualifications 

thanks guys!

Hello im currently using Patrol ops 3, im just wondering if theres anyway that i could disable rallypoints... and also when theres someone in the Pilot/crewman slot can they just fly? without an admin having to give them permission - example when im in the pilot slot and try to enter a plane or heli it says i dont have the correct qualifications 

thanks guys!

Rallypoint option should be in the mission parameter options. or you can force it:

PO3_param_respawn_rallypoint_allow = false;

For Pilot License, Add this to a units init line:

​[this] call PO3_fnc_setAsPilot; // Automatically Assign Pilots License

Keep an eye out for more PO4 teasers soon... won't let you down ;)

• Like 3

Rallypoint option should be in the mission parameter options. or you can force it:

PO3_param_respawn_rallypoint_allow = false;

For Pilot License, Add this to a units init line:

​[this] call PO3_fnc_setAsPilot; // Automatically Assign Pilots License

Keep an eye out for more PO4 teasers soon... won't let you down ;)

Hey thanks for replying, what about doing the same thing except giving people insta perms to drive tanks and such?

also what and where is the mission parameter?

one more thing, how do i delete all the spawn points apart from "Base"

I run a Patrol ops nato server and after three missions the games server resets and says mission complete is there any way to stop this from happening like setting the mission numbers higher so this dosent happen?

Change the parameter for number of missions to run to greater than 3. You can edit the params.hpp file.

Hey thanks for replying, what about doing the same thing except giving people insta perms to drive tanks and such?

also what and where is the mission parameter?

one more thing, how do i delete all the spawn points apart from "Base"

The mission parameters are in the params.hpp file in the data subdirectory. 

To delete the spawn points so they don't show up in the redeploy GUI takes an editor like ATOM, and searching for the marker name. It's not just deleting the marker from the map. 

• Like 1

Eta on 4.0?

Roy is trying for closed beta sometime in early October, for select communities. 

The mission parameters are in the params.hpp file in the data subdirectory. 

To delete the spawn points so they don't show up in the redeploy GUI takes an editor like ATOM, and searching for the marker name. It's not just deleting the marker from the map. 

what is ATOM? got a link??