roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Hi roy86.

Been jumping on a few servers running patrol ops with a few friends (6-8 of us)

Every time the find and destroy the weapons cache mission comes up we usually quit, I think we found 1 once, nothing worse than wandering around the likes of kavala for 2 hours looking for the caches, Where are they, can we get intel to the location from the dead or capture an officer to find to location ,, still love the mission but that one is a quit server time for us.

That's actually a good suggestion, especially considering some caches have been found over a klick outside the town named as the AO.

As a work around, if things get desperate, sometimes it's possible for the team leader to locate the cache via the team menu under Targets. I forget now the exact sequence to find it, but quite often you get lucky.

Hi roy86.

Been jumping on a few servers running patrol ops with a few friends (6-8 of us)

Every time the find and destroy the weapons cache mission comes up we usually quit, I think we found 1 once, nothing worse than wandering around the likes of kavala for 2 hours looking for the caches, Where are they, can we get intel to the location from the dead or capture an officer to find to location ,, still love the mission but that one is a quit server time for us.

I agree. This was in PO2 however I never got a round to it in PO3. I will hint that intel is one feature of PO4 to assist mission progress.

I agree. This was in PO2 however I never got a round to it in PO3. I will hint that intel is one feature of PO4 to assist mission progress.

Uhhhh PO4..

When:confused:

Uhhhh PO4..

When:confused:

Yep, PO3 development was rushed and I was never happy with it, so I'm doing a complete new build after discovering my old notes on the original scope plus all the feedback I've received has helped me prioritise features and balance things taking into account features, mod support and different maps.

RL however keeps me very busy and developing missions/mods does not pay my bills. Any ETA for PO4 is very hard to accurately predict so all I will say is soon... :)

cheers,

Edited by roy86

Thanks for your continued efforts, roy86. We are all eagerly anticipating your next release.

But

You shouldn't feel obliged to give status updates when, a) you'd already done so, b) we know you're working on it, c) the chap above could have been a little more polite with his question, and c) it's against forum rules to bump for progress updates anyway.

roy86, how exactly does Patrol Operations auto detection work with Bohemia implementation of the headless client? Do we need to customize anything or does it handle that for us?

I can't restrict some optics for certain roles. Those optics are not listed in the PO3_CfgLogistics_UnitLoadouts array yet they still show up in VAS. I know I can use blacklist array but that only makes restrictions for everyone.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Edited by Matosh

Is Patrol Ops 3 actively being maintained? The latest version I see is from March.

Is it relatively non-buggy and are people still using it or is it basically dead? Asking because I'm getting a crash to desktop with it and I haven't had a crash to desktop in Arma3 for months and months.

roy86, how exactly does Patrol Operations auto detection work with Bohemia implementation of the headless client? Do we need to customize anything or does it handle that for us?

Placing down the HLC unit used to be all thats needed but with the recent changes to HC, this is getting an overhaul for PO4.

I can't restrict some optics for certain roles. Those optics are not listed in the PO3_CfgLogistics_UnitLoadouts array yet they still show up in VAS. I know I can use blacklist array but that only makes restrictions for everyone.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

The attachments and magazines at this time can only be restricted globally without major re-coding. The new version has taken this into account. I'm preparing a video to show off the new Armoury.

Is Patrol Ops 3 actively being maintained? The latest version I see is from March.

Is it relatively non-buggy and are people still using it or is it basically dead? Asking because I'm getting a crash to desktop with it and I haven't had a crash to desktop in Arma3 for months and months.

My priority is PO4 due to reasons posted earlier in the thread. PO3 shouldn't be broken, however internally at OCB it has received some small updates with each A3 patch.

Cheers,

This may sound stupid but...

I want to start a small PO3 server. I'm planning to buy a 20-30slot serverspace. If I do this, how do I go about making it PO3? Do I have to install it on the server or is it readily available?

I don't want every player that logs on to have to install mods etc, just a mission file.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

^ all you would need to do is upload the mission .pbo file to your \MPMissions folder on the server.. no other downloads/uploads required.

Configuring an A3 server is not a simple task.. recommend reading this thread for some background info:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

You will need to edit the mission and add player slots for as many server slots as you want. Really easy with any mission. You need to open it with depbo and go into the editor and add units. I also think your asking how to put PO3 on to the server? just need to upload that mission along with any missions, I use zilla, upload it, no mods for PO3 unless you add them, then you need to add those as well to server. I know of some servers having ALIVE, CBA and some others already available to the server and people just needing to DL them straight to server. PO3 is not that way. Its a mission script. A very fun one. Cant wait for next version.

Is it possible to completly disable the Squad Mod from Patrol Ops? Issue us that on a mission we run we in fact only want certain roles to fly, or use certain ground vehicles. Right now every Squad Leader can assign himself or other people to be able to do that.

Is it possible to completly disable the Squad Mod from Patrol Ops? Issue us that on a mission we run we in fact only want certain roles to fly, or use certain ground vehicles. Right now every Squad Leader can assign himself or other people to be able to do that.

1. Open data > dialogs.hpp

2. Press CTRL+F and type driver in the search box.

3. Do what I did (marked with red).

[b][color=#ff0000]/*[/color][/b]class PO3_squadmod_Button_assign5 : 86RButtonX {
           idc = 34;
           text = "Driver";
           onButtonClick = "['driver'] spawn PO3_fnc_sqdmod_assignLicense;";
           x = 0.3625 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
           y = 0.4660 * safezoneH + safezoneY;
           w = 0.053 * safezoneW;
           h = 0.0300 * safezoneH;
       };
       class PO3_squadmod_Button_assign6 : 86RButtonX {
           idc = 35;
           onButtonClick = "['pilot'] spawn PO3_fnc_sqdmod_assignLicense;";
           text = "Pilot";
           x = 0.4165 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
           w = 0.0531 * safezoneW;
           h = 0.0300 * safezoneH;
       };[b][color=#ff0000]*/[/color][/b]

This will remove DRIVER and PILOT buttons from Squad Mod.

Thanks for the answer. Will this disable the entire squad mod completly, or just the function that squad leaders can assign licenses?

1. Open data > dialogs.hpp

2. Press CTRL+F and type driver in the search box.

3. Do what I did (marked with red).

[b][color=#ff0000]/*[/color][/b]class PO3_squadmod_Button_assign5 : 86RButtonX {
           idc = 34;
           text = "Driver";
           onButtonClick = "['driver'] spawn PO3_fnc_sqdmod_assignLicense;";
           x = 0.3625 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
           w = 0.053 * safezoneW;
           h = 0.0300 * safezoneH;
       };
       class PO3_squadmod_Button_assign6 : 86RButtonX {
           idc = 35;
           onButtonClick = "['pilot'] spawn PO3_fnc_sqdmod_assignLicense;";
           text = "Pilot";
           x = 0.4165 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
           w = 0.0531 * safezoneW;
           h = 0.0300 * safezoneH;
       };[b][color=#ff0000]*/[/color][/b]

This will remove DRIVER and PILOT buttons from Squad Mod.

Thanks for the answer. Will this disable the entire squad mod completly, or just the function that squad leaders can assign licenses?

No, it will not disable entire Squad Mod.

is there an easy way to add AI spawning? I know that the mission scales to player count, but I really enjoy commanding ai squadmates and squads in addition to playing with 1 or 2 human players.

Another (maybe stupid) question: what is to do if we want to spawn additional enemy air patrols (=Jets)?

On our server there is already the SU-35 mod active and I entered the classname in the file "Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp" into the variable "PO3_preDefinedEnemyVehicles" at CSAT forces "Attack Planes".

But neither the already existing UAV's nor the SU spawn. Enemy ambient air patrols is set on.

is there an easy way to add AI spawning? I know that the mission scales to player count, but I really enjoy commanding ai squadmates and squads in addition to playing with 1 or 2 human players.

Add this into the mission: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180774-Bon-s-Infantry-Recruitment-Redux

I have my own system in PO4 but that feature is not ready for release as standalone.

Another (maybe stupid) question: what is to do if we want to spawn additional enemy air patrols (=Jets)?

On our server there is already the SU-35 mod active and I entered the classname in the file "Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp" into the variable "PO3_preDefinedEnemyVehicles" at CSAT forces "Attack Planes".

But neither the already existing UAV's nor the SU spawn. Enemy ambient air patrols is set on.

At the time that system was written, there were no fixed wing aircraft in A3 so it doesn't run. Air combat is a feature in the next version.

Cheers,

How is PO handling the names of units.

Let us say that we have units that have names like a1, a2, a3 etc. in the editor. Is the squad functionality from patrol ops doing anything with those names? Like when a player is joining another squad in patrol ops over the squad mod, will this have a effect on those names?

We have some issues on maps where we have included the patrol ops functionality like the squad mod and other things. Certain things will stop to work when players got assigned to another squad group by patrol ops, because it might mess a bit around with the name of the unit.

How is PO handling the names of units.

Let us say that we have units that have names like a1, a2, a3 etc. in the editor. Is the squad functionality from patrol ops doing anything with those names? Like when a player is joining another squad in patrol ops over the squad mod, will this have a effect on those names?

We have some issues on maps where we have included the patrol ops functionality like the squad mod and other things. Certain things will stop to work when players got assigned to another squad group by patrol ops, because it might mess a bit around with the name of the unit.

Unit variables aren't being used.

He is using the more generic and robust

Player

group << Player >>

leader <<Player >>

units << player >> etc

At the time that system was written, there were no fixed wing aircraft in A3 so it doesn't run. Air combat is a feature in the next version.

Thanks a lot for the info. Eagerly looking forward to PO4 ;-)

Btw. I did a manual update of VAS to v2.6. But now I seem to have messed up something. VAS itself is working, but the gear restrictions from "Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp" don't apply anymore. VAS is showing every bits and pieces of gear. How can I get the restrictions to work again?