roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Thanks for a great mission.

• How does one pull the throttles back for lower player counts?
  • How can we keep ammo boxes around longer. We get too far away from them or leave them alone for too long and they get recovered.
  • To fix the supply crate thing, I went into the mission files and substituted vehicle ammo crate for supply crate. They are useful again (move, load, etc). The supply crates got bugged by 1.22 update. I'd rather have used a smaller crate but they tend to be explosive when loaded in helicopters. BIS, please fix this. It's not an annoying bug, it's an absurd bug.
  • This may be related to my hack/fix above but sometimes when picking up the vehicle ammo box (alternate for supply crate) via lift, the box is not lifted but rather overlapped with the lifting vehicle. Dropping it is rather lethal for the aircraft and pilot. Known issue or something I may have created?
  • Looking at fn_setAsLiftChopper.sqf, I would like to disable Pawnee and Hummingbird as lift capable. Veteran friend says they are not used in this capacity to begin with. The script has blanket coverage on type "helicopter". What would be the change? resolved.. if(( _x isKindof "Helicopter") and !( _x isKindof "B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F") and !( _x isKindof "B_Heli_Light_01_F")and !( _x isKindof "B_Heli_Attack_01_F"))

Edited by lawndartleo

hello Roy86!

i always use this mission to play. it was great. but i have some problem when i want to bring container with heli Mohawk. i can attach it to mohawk. but when i want to move, suddenly my heli crash. and can i know how to decrease the amount of armored vehicle that re-spawn in some area and around of the objective area?

Edited by syafie1104

Which container? If it is any of the smaller ammo crates, your going to get blown up. This is a known issue with IgiLoad (although I do not believe it is directly related to his script as much as it is an issue with the containers). I am not aware that there is any fix as of yet.

Which container? If it is any of the smaller ammo crates, your going to get blown up. This is a known issue with IgiLoad (although I do not believe it is directly related to his script as much as it is an issue with the containers). I am not aware that there is any fix as of yet.

owh... thank you for info lawndartleo... i dont know about that before... for the moment i always use truck to load that big container for task that want to establish communication... and always end up get ambush from tank n armored vehicle that always crawling near town... ha ha... my bad.

Hey roy,

i think there is a problem with your fatigue parameter. i just can't disable the fatigue system even if i choise disable in the parameters. it is still enabled.

has someone an idea how to fix it??

greets Blackswater

Congratulations Roy for the mission is one of the best.

I wonder if is still working on the mission.

Does the mission is in debugger mode? It's coming out parameters when starting the missions, for example:

["PO3",format["Task: %1 %2 Generated at %3","DroneIntel",PO3_TASK__IDD,_location],true] spawn PO3_fnc_log;

Is there any way to remove these messages?

Greetings.-

I am having an issue on our server with the CSAT version of PO3. The vehicles don't seem to ever respawn (even if destroyed). I tried searching but didn't see anything relating to this.

Thanks!

We have a problem with this amazing mission on our server. The VAS doesn't load in all the available weapons, and so we don't have any AT for our infantry. Is there anyone who knows something about this?

Thanks for a great mission.

• How does one pull the throttles back for lower player counts?
  • How can we keep ammo boxes around longer. We get too far away from them or leave them alone for too long and they get recovered.
  • To fix the supply crate thing, I went into the mission files and substituted vehicle ammo crate for supply crate. They are useful again (move, load, etc). The supply crates got bugged by 1.22 update. I'd rather have used a smaller crate but they tend to be explosive when loaded in helicopters. BIS, please fix this. It's not an annoying bug, it's an absurd bug.
  • This may be related to my hack/fix above but sometimes when picking up the vehicle ammo box (alternate for supply crate) via lift, the box is not lifted but rather overlapped with the lifting vehicle. Dropping it is rather lethal for the aircraft and pilot. Known issue or something I may have created?

1. There is a calculation in each task file that can be modified to set the proportions of enemy per connected player (look for "_b = ..."

2. When an ammobox is created, a process is spawned that has a radius of 1000m by default.

look for the below code in logistics\fn_createSupplyBox.sqf and change the 1000 to something larger.

waitUntil{ sleep 10; count ([_box,1000,_side,["CAManBase","LandVehicle","Air"]] call PO3_fnc_getNearbyPlayers) == 0 };

3. Nice idea

4. Never had the time to really work that one out. Very weird behaviour related to the velocity of the aircraft relative to the liftable object. Looking forward to helicopter expansion to solve the lifting ;)

Hey roy,

i think there is a problem with your fatigue parameter. i just can't disable the fatigue system even if i choise disable in the parameters. it is still enabled.

has someone an idea how to fix it??

Can you verify this since the latest 1.26 update?

Congratulations Roy for the mission is one of the best.

I wonder if is still working on the mission.

Does the mission is in debugger mode? It's coming out parameters when starting the missions, for example:

["PO3",format["Task: %1 %2 Generated at %3","DroneIntel",PO3_TASK__IDD,_location],true] spawn PO3_fnc_log;

Is there any way to remove these messages?

Greetings.-

Cheers mate,

To remove logging, just delete the contents of the log script fn_log.sqf and just have "true" in it. That way no logs are generated ;)

I am having an issue on our server with the CSAT version of PO3. The vehicles don't seem to ever respawn (even if destroyed). I tried searching but didn't see anything relating to this.

Thanks!

hmm thats odd. do the vehicles have the respawn function in their init?

We have a problem with this amazing mission on our server. The VAS doesn't load in all the available weapons, and so we don't have any AT for our infantry. Is there anyone who knows something about this?

Standard PO3 has a modified VAS that is restricted to the assigned role of the player. The team leader can change a players role in their squadmod gui by selecting a player and changing their assigned role to AT to have access to AT weapons.

Cheers,

hey roy,

i will check it out with the latest patch. i posted it with the patch 1.24.

i will reply when i checked it out.

greets blackswater

Hi ! On my server anyone can be to able assign pilot in the squadmenu, it's possible to restrict this function only for the admin ? Thank.

Hey roy,

i checked the fatigue system with the latest patch:

If i disable it, at the beginning of the mission the fatigue system is DISABLED. But if someone dies the fatigue system is after the respawn ENABLED for him.

and i had some enemys in the base after a mission, i don't know if it is wanted so

and if someone joins a server after the missions started, he get an hint "VAS hasn' finish loading yet". is this a buy with VAS or how can we fix it??

greets blackswater

Edited by Blackswater

Can anyone help me?

I'd like to edit the list of restrictions to include weapons from a custom weapons pack without removing all restrictions. In what file can i do this?

Hi guys, quick question, Is there an easy way to add more spawn locations/redeploy locations, I need to add 5 to be precise, any help majorly appreciated or at least an idea where to look, cant find anything on this.

Hi ! On my server anyone can be to able assign pilot in the squadmenu, it's possible to restrict this function only for the admin ? Thank.

It should only be allowed by team leaders and Admins. Double check you have the normal version and not a 3rd party one which I cannot verify or support.

Hey roy,

i checked the fatigue system with the latest patch:

If i disable it, at the beginning of the mission the fatigue system is DISABLED. But if someone dies the fatigue system is after the respawn ENABLED for him.

and i had some enemys in the base after a mission, i don't know if it is wanted so

and if someone joins a server after the missions started, he get an hint "VAS hasn' finish loading yet". is this a buy with VAS or how can we fix it??

greets blackswater

Awesome, thanks for the info regarding fatigue. I'll make sure I include that in the next update.

VAS depends on how many mods you have loaded if its the straight vanilla one. There are some code tweaks around pre-loading but I have not investigated this as the next version does not use VAS.

Can anyone help me?

I'd like to edit the list of restrictions to include weapons from a custom weapons pack without removing all restrictions. In what file can i do this?

Edit the PO3_CfgLogistics_UnitLoadouts array in Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp file and add/remove weapons and gear in that array.
Hi guys, quick question, Is there an easy way to add more spawn locations/redeploy locations, I need to add 5 to be precise, any help majorly appreciated or at least an idea where to look, cant find anything on this.

Yes there is :) same file as above but add new points to the following array: PO3_CfgRespawn_PreDefinedPositions

It goes [<target>,<object/marker_name/position>,<marker_type>,<display_name>]

I've also posted the first PO3 SITREP leading up to the release of the next version.

http://roy86.com.au/a3po3sitrep20140903

I hope you enjoy

cheers,

Hi, Is there any ways to add BTC revive system instead of current respawn setting? or change the number of enemy armors? We are playing with only few people, so it's really difficult for us.

Thanks for the great mission!:)

I have not investigated this as the next version does not use VAS.

Any clues on what might replace it? Virtual Arsenal?

I've also posted the first PO3 SITREP leading up to the release of the next version.

http://roy86.com.au/a3po3sitrep20140903

I hope you enjoy

Wow, rather significant and exciting changes. Looking forward to experiencing them.

Will kind of miss the current incarnation of PO, perhaps you should just release it under a different name.

hello great mission, but i am wondering how i could remove restrictions in the vas to allow SF nato weapons? my server and group of players total around 6 so we are a small group of players. just wondering if i can open this mission up for us? Again thank you for the time and hard work!

hello great mission, but i am wondering how i could remove restrictions in the vas to allow SF nato weapons? my server and group of players total around 6 so we are a small group of players. just wondering if i can open this mission up for us? Again thank you for the time and hard work!

Hey Thorison,

roy said how to do earlier before!

Edit the PO3_CfgLogistics_UnitLoadouts array in Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp file and add/remove weapons and gear in that array.

greets Blackswater

Hi,

I just installed the ACRE2 mod on my server running the Patrol Ops 3.1 Mission (which is great btw).

Everything works really well but only for a while. After a couple of hours playing, the server log is flooded with the following error message:

"ACRE ERROR: ALL IDS FOR CLASS ACRE_PRC343 ARE TAKEN!"

Maybe there is some incompatibility between PO and ACRE2 ?

If that's the case, will there be an update to PO?

If not, do you have an idea where I can fix the problem?

EDIT:

I have an assumption where the problem is:

Every script-generated enemy soldier is carrying a PRC343 Radio too. So I guess they get a unique ID each. Maybe the ID's aren't getting freed up for re-use again when the radio object (soldier) is destroyed - either by player or by script.

Edited by MadJosch
Addition

Hi,

I just installed the ACRE2 mod on my server running the Patrol Ops 3.1 Mission (which is great btw).

Everything works really well but only for a while. After a couple of hours playing, the server log is flooded with the following error message:

"ACRE ERROR: ALL IDS FOR CLASS ACRE_PRC343 ARE TAKEN!"

Maybe there is some incompatibility between PO and ACRE2 ?

If that's the case, will there be an update to PO?

If not, do you have an idea where I can fix the problem?

EDIT:

I have an assumption where the problem is:

Every script-generated enemy soldier is carrying a PRC343 Radio too. So I guess they get a unique ID each. Maybe the ID's aren't getting freed up for re-use again when the radio object (soldier) is destroyed - either by player or by script.

I believe nou mentioned this at some point in time and it related to VAS being the issue.

Could you remove radios from VAS by configuration and then drop a normal crate to supply them?

Remember not to save radios in your VAS load out.

ACRE2 is not supported yet as it was released well after the last update to PO3.

As above, please place a normal crate to access the radios.

I'll look at supporting it in the next update.

ACRE2 is not supported yet as it was released well after the last update to PO3.

As above, please place a normal crate to access the radios.

I'll look at supporting it in the next update.

I'm glad to read this. Thank you, your efforts are very much appreciated!