roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

@roy86 :

Thanks a lot for your quick answer ;)

For the tasks I talked about, it seems to be good! Just sometimes we have to restart the mission, when we know that it will not work as it should do (at the start, if the first task doesn't spawn itself, we restart the mission and it's OK! )...

But for my first problem, nothing changed with the latest small update! I explained it there : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168315-A3-Patrol-Operations-Official-Thread&p=2714315&viewfull=1#post2714315

Now, we can't have VAS ammobox that can be lifted or loaded in heli as we did it before the 1.22 update!

Do you have the same problem on your server?

That's a global issue due to a bug introduced in the latest A3 patch 1.22. Effects more than just PO3.

Thanks for reporting. Please log in the dev-heaven and I'll look into it.

Cheers

I found a wrong setting in our profile server file that disabilitated 3'D person view. It wasn't a Patrol OPS pbo problem.

Thanks for your quick answer and thumbs up for you!!!!! :D :D :D

Hey EightySix. Thanks for the great mission, Patrol Ops has been our go-to mission on A2 and A3 for years now.

However, we've been playing the CSAT version of the mission extensively and we ran into an issue. I tried doing some searching to see if this had been pointed out or acknowledged, but the respawn script does not work for any of the vehicles. Not sure if this is also occurring on the AAF one.

I did find out that it was to do with the incorrect script being called in the init of the units in the mission.sqm. I fixed it by opening the mission.sqm file in Notepad++ and doing a Replace All on "mpsf_fnc_setObjectRespawn", changing it to "PO3_fnc_setObjectRespawn".

Hope this helps anyone having a similar issue and to bugfix for the next version.

Cheers!

Edited by Bates

Hello Roy!

I tried your Patrol Ops not so long ago and noticed the wound system, what files and codes do i need if i need this in my own mission?

Hello Roy!

I tried your Patrol Ops not so long ago and noticed the wound system, what files and codes do i need if i need this in my own mission?

Extraction is difficult in 3.2. I would recommend http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170975-A3-Wounding-System as they did a decent job at porting the original version of the script by Bon_Inf from A2.

Thank you, did actually helped me for another problem where i couldnt carry a dead AI

Thanks!

Hallo Roy,

i have one question. how can i turn of your injury system that i can play the mission with AGM. your injury system is not compatible with AGM'S medical system. it would be great if i could turn of your injury system because your mission is rly great!

greets Blackswater

@Blackswater

You can disable it in the init.sqf. Just comment out the 2 lines about AIS.

@Roy86

I hope you don't mind, but I've been using Patrol Ops to learn Arma scripting and make a cool mission for my clan - I'm a dev, however this language is very foreign to me; but I think I've got the hang of it now. I wanted to make something that my clan could jump in and train on or group together and do a mission. I'd like to be able to make it available for others too, so I'd like to get your permission to post it up here or I'm happy to just give it to you and you can steal the bits you like. It's not suited for public servers, it's best as a solo mission or private servers - due to the lack of restrictions.

Anyhoo, here's a summary of what I changed:

* Patrol Ops task manager is off by default. No missions start and no ambient patrols will spawn.

* The map at the base serves as a mission HQ, from here you can start patrol ops, stop it or skip missions. You can also change the time of day and recruit AI.

* Patrol ops is weighted towards infantry combat

* Added a configurable loadout system based on class (I intend to add this into your squad mod). Loadouts detect the time of day and configure appropriately (e.g. chem lights, NVGs, silencers) - It's all easily customizable - handy for milsim clans who have specific gear.

* Added Virtual Arsenal to VAS boxes

* Added ALiVE Combat support - CAS, Arty & Transport

* Added fast roping (AI can fast rope too!)

* Replaced the halo system with one that supports chemlights/IR beacons. If you're the squad leader, nearby squad members (players and AI) will jump with you (looks awesome at night!!)

* Added a shooting range with hit indicator feedback (theres a feedback target beside you that shows a pointer where you hit). There's also a minigame you can start from the notice board - you get a score broadcasted at the end on Side chat - handy for doing examinations.

* Added a marksman range - direct/indirect shots get broadcasted.

* Added a halo jump area - there's a landing area and you get told when you land how many meters you are from it (broadcasted)

* Added a test range - has some respawning vehicles to let you test out launchers, explosives, CAS and Arty.

* Added CSE Logistics, player tags, attachments, wind deflection (awesome on the marksman training area) and medical (Disabled AIS).

That's sound like some awesome work, would you mind sharing it with me? I'm always open to improvements and solutions email.me@roy86.com.au

Cheers

@RuairiAU

It sounds like a great update, it is possible to be allowed to try it on our server ..?

My email: swi@secret.dk

Sorry for my bad english ;)

@RuairiAU

i did it already but i my server got and error message like this:

if (_legdamage >= 1) then {

[_unit, "HitLeg>

Error position: <_legdamage >= 1) then {

[_unit, "HitLeg>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _legdamage

File AGM_Medical\functions\fn_handleDamage.sqf, line 66

Error in expression <call AGM_Medical_fnc_knockOut;

};

i asked already the AGM-developer and he said that is is an issue with the ais_injury system with the mission, but i have already commented it out :/

When lifting with the helicopters on a dedicated server the attach rope stretches out to infinity and the load dissapeares. I noticed that when I preview in the editor the lifting function responds correctly and is okay. Anyone else experience this?

@Blackswater

You can disable it in the init.sqf. Just comment out the 2 lines about AIS.

@Roy86

I hope you don't mind, but I've been using Patrol Ops to learn Arma scripting and make a cool mission for my clan - I'm a dev, however this language is very foreign to me; but I think I've got the hang of it now. I wanted to make something that my clan could jump in and train on or group together and do a mission. I'd like to be able to make it available for others too, so I'd like to get your permission to post it up here or I'm happy to just give it to you and you can steal the bits you like. It's not suited for public servers, it's best as a solo mission or private servers - due to the lack of restrictions.

Anyhoo, here's a summary of what I changed:

* Patrol Ops task manager is off by default. No missions start and no ambient patrols will spawn.

* The map at the base serves as a mission HQ, from here you can start patrol ops, stop it or skip missions. You can also change the time of day and recruit AI.

* Patrol ops is weighted towards infantry combat

* Added a configurable loadout system based on class (I intend to add this into your squad mod). Loadouts detect the time of day and configure appropriately (e.g. chem lights, NVGs, silencers) - It's all easily customizable - handy for milsim clans who have specific gear.

* Added Virtual Arsenal to VAS boxes

* Added ALiVE Combat support - CAS, Arty & Transport

* Added fast roping (AI can fast rope too!)

* Replaced the halo system with one that supports chemlights/IR beacons. If you're the squad leader, nearby squad members (players and AI) will jump with you (looks awesome at night!!)

* Added a shooting range with hit indicator feedback (theres a feedback target beside you that shows a pointer where you hit). There's also a minigame you can start from the notice board - you get a score broadcasted at the end on Side chat - handy for doing examinations.

* Added a marksman range - direct/indirect shots get broadcasted.

* Added a halo jump area - there's a landing area and you get told when you land how many meters you are from it (broadcasted)

* Added a test range - has some respawning vehicles to let you test out launchers, explosives, CAS and Arty.

* Added CSE Logistics, player tags, attachments, wind deflection (awesome on the marksman training area) and medical (Disabled AIS).

Is that something you are going to release? It sounds impressive.

hello roy

great job!!! i have two questions and would be really grateful for your advise.

1. how can i disable the "vehicle despawns when player gets killed" i reached to disable the abandoned thing (vehicle counts as empty when player is away >20km). so everything is fine. except if i die the squad is left in the field naked... i want that the vehicles act realistic and stay where they have been left... ;)

2. all IED's are visible on map (blue for fake, red for armed, if armed with size). how can i get rid of that info, it destroys the feeling... :/

thank you very much for your work and your support!!! just awesome m8!

cheers

matth

Edited by Matth

@Roy86 :

Hi ;)

Then i have still the same problems than here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168315-A3-Patrol-Operations-Official-Thread&p=2713147&viewfull=1#post2713147

You answered me for this, but i thought that you would make an update for this :( ....is it a really big problem to fix that, or do you wait the next update to publish it ?

Else, what i can do to fix that until you make an update ?

The second thing is that i saw that all armored ennemies units spawn in the same location! For example, if you set the "difficulty mission" on "high", you will see that all armored ennemies units will spawn in the same location, and won't move!

I always have this issue : i have 5 or 6 armored stationed in the same location (you see them well with UAV) and they don't move... evenif you hit them with drone or other !

Can you tell me if you have the same problem? (or if someone else has this !?!)

When do you think you will be able to publish the next version patrol mission, in regards of the game update ? (because i have this issues since the 1.22 game update, then i know as well that it is not your scripts... but something they have changed in game!)

Thanks for your answer :)

N.B : Now we almost never play patrol because of those issues ! and for me the patrol missions are the closest reallity missions ! :(

When lifting with the helicopters on a dedicated server the attach rope stretches out to infinity and the load dissapeares. I noticed that when I preview in the editor the lifting function responds correctly and is okay. Anyone else experience this?

Not infinity just position [0,0,0] in the SW corner of the map. This is due to a function not performing correctly in MP. Not a game breaker but is annoying.

hello roy

great job!!! i have two questions and would be really grateful for your advise.

1. how can i disable the "vehicle despawns when player gets killed" i reached to disable the abandoned thing (vehicle counts as empty when player is away >20km). so everything is fine. except if i die the squad is left in the field naked... i want that the vehicles act realistic and stay where they have been left... ;)

2. all IED's are visible on map (blue for fake, red for armed, if armed with size). how can i get rid of that info, it destroys the feeling... :/

thank you very much for your work and your support!!! just awesome m8!

cheers

matth

Hi MattH

1. Remove the respawn all together. That way it will never de-spawn and will not be replaced making it very realistic OR increase the respawn timer to something really large

2. There are no IEDs in the public versions of 3.1. You will need to go back to the person who implemented it in your version.

@Roy86 :

Hi ;)

1. Then i have still the same problems than here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168315-A3-Patrol-Operations-Official-Thread&p=2713147&viewfull=1#post2713147

You answered me for this, but i thought that you would make an update for this :( ....is it a really big problem to fix that, or do you wait the next update to publish it ?

Else, what i can do to fix that until you make an update ?

2. The second thing is that i saw that all armored ennemies units spawn in the same location! For example, if you set the "difficulty mission" on "high", you will see that all armored ennemies units will spawn in the same location, and won't move!

I always have this issue : i have 5 or 6 armored stationed in the same location (you see them well with UAV) and they don't move... evenif you hit them with drone or other !

Can you tell me if you have the same problem? (or if someone else has this !?!)

3. When do you think you will be able to publish the next version patrol mission, in regards of the game update ? (because i have this issues since the 1.22 game update, then i know as well that it is not your scripts... but something they have changed in game!)

Thanks for your answer :)

N.B : Now we almost never play patrol because of those issues ! and for me the patrol missions are the closest reallity missions ! :(

1. The solution to the ammo boxes was given in the next post. I've not had the time to investigate or release an update as any time I have is going towards the next instalment.

2. Make sure this is not caused by an AI mod or something. The vanilla versions do not appear to suffer this.

3. I won't commit to a date at this time. Although I would love to develop in Arma more, my job keeps my away.

FYI, The next update is not really an update but a "from scratch" re-build to how I originally wanted Patrol Ops. Based on the feedback I've been sent and shown, PO3 is a shadow to its predecessor and I'm not happy with its current direction.

So, with this and the original plan in mind, the new version will see the return of old features enhanced and also with a host of new features that I'll tease you all with in due course before its release. I'm keeping in mind the requests to isolate features for use in others missions as well so it takes more time.

Cheers,

@Roy86

Good luck with the revamp! Looking forward to it.

@Everyone

I've been getting a few messages about the customised version I have. So here's the deal; my version is a constant work in progress and I change it every few days (if I get time). I've stolen bits and bobs from different scripts and added support for the best mods I could find. Because it's in a constant state of change, it's a bit pointless me uploading it to dropbox all the time - I just can't be bothered.

So with that said, if you want to play my modified version, just jump onto my server for a few minutes and let Arma download the latest version to your MPMissionsCache directory (C:\Documents and Settings\ your windows user name \Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 3\MPMissionsCache). You can then put this PBO on your own server. Check back from time to time for new stuff.

You're free to to make any changes and distribute it as you wish as long as your actions don't conflict with the license terms described in the initial post. In short, I don't want credit and you don't need to ask my permission for anything; go have fun.

My server: 119.252.190.163:2422 (potatoes); there's no password - you'll need:

@cba_a3;

@lkr_ammo;

@asdg_jr;

@pomi_pmc;

@task_force_radio;

@alive;

@tmr;

@cse;

@r3f_armes

Feel free to play on my server, but don't be a d%$# or I'll ban you.

Great mission! Thanks Ruairi for the additions

Edited by Echoj7

Hey all,

I have lowered all parameters for mission difficulty, AI Skill, etc however I am still having an issue with battalions of armor and infantry being spawned on an objective especially the "Download Intel from UAV" mission.

We run a 32 slot server and have roughly 18-28 on at any given time. The amount of AI that spawn is insane. Where could I go to tone down the armor/enemy spawns for these objectives? Is it done in the task itself or somewhere else? Thanks

@Roy86

Good luck with the revamp! Looking forward to it.

@Everyone

I've been getting a few messages about the customised version I have. So here's the deal; my version is a constant work in progress and I change it every few days (if I get time). I've stolen bits and bobs from different scripts and added support for the best mods I could find. Because it's in a constant state of change, it's a bit pointless me uploading it to dropbox all the time - I just can't be bothered.

So with that said, if you want to play my modified version, just jump onto my server for a few minutes and let Arma download the latest version to your MPMissionsCache directory (C:\Documents and Settings\ your windows user name \Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 3\MPMissionsCache). You can then put this PBO on your own server. Check back from time to time for new stuff.

You're free to to make any changes and distribute it as you wish as long as your actions don't conflict with the license terms described in the initial post. In short, I don't want credit and you don't need to ask my permission for anything; go have fun.

My server: 119.252.190.163:2422 (potatoes); there's no password - you'll need:

@cba_a3;

@lkr_ammo;

@asdg_jr;

@pomi_pmc;

@task_force_radio;

@alive;

@tmr;

@cse;

@r3f_armes

Feel free to play on my server, but don't be a d%$# or I'll ban you.

Hey,

Your update sounds really good and i've been following for a while to see if you would post it. I've tried past 30 minutes to join your server but i have no luck. Its not replying with a error so i'm not sure which addon is having the issues. I think it may be CBA because i had to update CBA to use TMR but then that doesnt work probably. Any ideas?

Hi ! I search how to disable the intro "Patrol Operation 3.1 by EghtySix" a lot of players have lags with that. And do you now how to reduce the size of the protection zone ? Thank !

Edit : For the protection zone, edit "fn_setFiredEH.sqf"

Edited by LeXpLoSiF

Hey,

Your update sounds really good and i've been following for a while to see if you would post it. I've tried past 30 minutes to join your server but i have no luck. Its not replying with a error so i'm not sure which addon is having the issues. I think it may be CBA because i had to update CBA to use TMR but then that doesnt work probably. Any ideas?

Add MCC(http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3); I've been playing with that a bit.