roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

We play a full server with patrol ops, the UAV download intel is by far the best of all the tasks, please leave it exactly as it is or at the most, have perhaps a dynamic download time based on a percentage of the number of players taking playable unit slots. Having max time for full slots exactly as it is now. I may be wrong, but I would imagine that Emton doesnt play this with 42 players every day

Well I did this mission again on another server this time solo (first time I had 3 or 4 teammates) and it went a lot quicker. I'm guessing the time it takes is determined by the mission difficulty. I would still recommend to keep the times reasonable to keep the game pace going and to prevent people from dropping due to frustration (the only reason I stuck around to finish the first time was for the novelty, I don't think I'll be able to wait that long again) So in my opinion the time should be something like; low 5mins, med 10mins, high 20mins, ultra 40mins. Or something like 10, 20, 40, 80 (which it might already be)

I can understand a large group that might like a longer time, also considering that there will be more people joining and leaving to keep the mission going. But for me personally when I come across something like that playing solo or with a few people it makes me want to disconnect and surely 40 or 80 minutes should be enough time for even a large group to have some fun.

Also, the UAV seems to blow itself up on its own after the download finishes. Well, I'd like to be the one to push the button...

Edited by Emton

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll take it on board for the next release.

@roy86

I just came across this mission recently, outstanding work mate. I made a few changes for my private server to support our units/loadouts, replaced the VAS for full loadout, added ALiVE Transport, CAS and Arty plus added Zeus for a bit of spice.

The only glitches we found so far are:

1) Occasionally when you load in, the blur effect doesn't get removed fully

2) The air-lift goes a bit funky. We tried to lift the quads and once attached, we can't see the quad and the rope stretches off the screen.

Hi,

how can I repair vehicles? It seems that there´s no Engineer available so that we are not able to repair vehicles?

Best regards

Kai

Has anyone had headless client working successfully with patrol ops?

I also tried integrating alive and I having issues with HC crashing the server.

Thanks

In the 7z archive that you download, there should be a folder called 'Unpacked'. Decompress and make a copy of the mission you want to edit (for example, cox_patrol-ops-3-01-nato.altis) and then open that copied folder. Inside that folder, there should be another folder named 'scripts'. Now download VAS from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134. In the VAS zip archive, there should also be a folder, 'scripts'. Inside that 'scripts' folder, click and drag (decompress) the VAS folder on top of to replace the mission's VAS folder and contents in the first 'scripts' folder.

Now you have to make two quick edits to the file 'scripts\VAS\functions\fn_mainInit.sqf'. Change both occurrences of 'VAS\config.sqf' to 'scripts\VAS\config.sqf' and save.

Finally, PBO that whole mission directory was something like cpbo which you can find here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411.

Good luck!

Edit: Btw, this is to enable all the weapons through the Virtual Ammobox System.

Thank you VERY MUCH EulerFoiler....I will give this a try and let you know how it turns out....

Hi Roy,

would be possible to make two new parameters to set in game lobby?

Firstly it's the revive, would be good to have option to turn it off. For example some people and groups use xmedsys or even now the new wounding system from AGM, so it would be good to have the option, than edit it manually.

And maybe next it's VAS, as I can see there was lot of questions about turning the restricted ammobox off. If it could be done also similar way through the option parameters as the revive, it would be really great (I personally prefer the restricted one though).

Cheers!

Hi Roy,

would be possible to make two new parameters to set in game lobby?

Firstly it's the revive, would be good to have option to turn it off. For example some people and groups use xmedsys or even now the new wounding system from AGM, so it would be good to have the option, than edit it manually.

And maybe next it's VAS, as I can see there was lot of questions about turning the restricted ammobox off. If it could be done also similar way through the option parameters as the revive, it would be really great (I personally prefer the restricted one though).

Cheers!

Will do. ;)

In the 7z archive that you download, there should be a folder called 'Unpacked'. Decompress and make a copy of the mission you want to edit (for example, cox_patrol-ops-3-01-nato.altis) and then open that copied folder. Inside that folder, there should be another folder named 'scripts'. Now download VAS from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134. In the VAS zip archive, there should also be a folder, 'scripts'. Inside that 'scripts' folder, click and drag (decompress) the VAS folder on top of to replace the mission's VAS folder and contents in the first 'scripts' folder.

Now you have to make two quick edits to the file 'scripts\VAS\functions\fn_mainInit.sqf'. Change both occurrences of 'VAS\config.sqf' to 'scripts\VAS\config.sqf' and save.

Finally, PBO that whole mission directory was something like cpbo which you can find here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411.

Good luck!

Edit: Btw, this is to enable all the weapons through the Virtual Ammobox System.

EulerFoiler,

I have tried to follow your steps, however I'm having some issues (no surprise to you I'm sure):

Step

1. simply copy the ...\unpacked\mission_name_folder

- end up with ...\unpacked\mission_name_folder_copy

2. download VAS

3. copy and replace the VAS folder from ...\VAS\scripts\VAS to ...\unpacked\mission_name_folder_copy\scripts\VAS

4. add to script in txt pad script\VAS\config.sqf....easy enough

5. create pbo of that new "copy" mission folder....easy enough BUT do you not put that newly created pbo somewhere ? that's my 1st ?

- assuming you cut n paste it into common\arma3\mpmission\newly_created_pbo

5. launch arma - multiplayer - new - maps - altis - do not see the "copy" mission

my 2nd ? - what am I missing ?...now that I launch the game..no issues, however, no SF weapons in the VAS either ?

Edited by Ginks
need to add a though after initial submit

EulerFoiler,

I have tried to follow your steps, however I'm having some issues (no surprise to you I'm sure):

Step

1. simply copy the ...\unpacked\mission_name_folder

- end up with ...\unpacked\mission_name_folder_copy

2. download VAS

3. copy and replace the VAS folder from ...\VAS\scripts\VAS to ...\unpacked\mission_name_folder_copy\scripts\VAS

4. add to script in txt pad script\VAS\config.sqf....easy enough

5. create pbo of that new "copy" mission folder....easy enough BUT do you not put that newly created pbo somewhere ? that's my 1st ?

- assuming you cut n paste it into common\arma3\mpmission\newly_created_pbo

5. launch arma - multiplayer - new - maps - altis - do not see the "copy" mission

my 2nd ? - what am I missing ?...now that I launch the game..no issues, however, no SF weapons in the VAS either ?

Ah, oops.

First question: That path is correct for the .pbo

Second question: The name of the mission as you see it in the in-game menus is actually set inside the mission either in the Editor or in the code, despite the different name for the actual modified pbo file. With the modified pbo in the common\arma3\mpmission\ directory, I would remove the original pbo to avoid confusion in-game. Assuming you still have the original archive, you can always restore the original if you need to.

I've been also running the @nato_russian_sf_weapons mod (among others) but I don't want to derail off this excellent mission's thread. Hope that helps!

Edited by EulerFoiler
Grammar

well whats interesting is everything works correctly, except that in the VAS or anywhere running Patrol Ops, simply the SF weapons are not there still....Is it really more of editing the mission that I'm loading (say patrol ops nato) and editing the base with an ammo box there ?

That would lead me to a whole other thread about how to do that....

basically, when I went into another server running Patrol Ops...they had "extra" ammo boxes lying around....in those were the SF weapons....Im stumped on how they did that....

How to change language missions from english to polish?

Edited by CyberUja

Ah, oops.

First question: That path is correct for the .pbo

Second question: The name of the mission as you see it in the in-game menus is actually set inside the mission either in the Editor or in the code, despite the different name for the actual modified pbo file. With the modified pbo in the common\arma3\mpmission\ directory, I would remove the original pbo to avoid confusion in-game. Assuming you still have the original archive, you can always restore the original if you need to.

I've been also running the @nato_russian_sf_weapons mod (among others) but I don't want to derail off this excellent mission's thread. Hope that helps!

You have been awesome!!!! EulerFoiler

It's working....the last little step was:

in my ...common\arma3\mpmissions folder, I had 2 pbo files:

1 - ...cox_patrol....-nato.altis.pbo

2 - ...cox_patrol....-nato.altis - copy.pbo

so I removed the "orginal" 1 in this case and then renamed 2 back to the same "original" name (I assume that name is hardcoded somewhere)

and BANG it all came together. The VAS now has all of the SF weapons and PG Services or whatever mod I choose to activate

YOU HAVE BEEN the BEST help ANYONE has given me. Cheers! and I hope to see you on the battlefield....

Hi dude,

We were in the same case, we are only at max 15/20 players. So i made a little change in the spawn ground patrols script: fnc/creator/fn_ambientGroundPatrols.sqf in the 27th line.

if(random 1 > 0.5) then {
		"VEH"
	}else{
		"INF"
	}

to:

if(random 1 > 0.8) then {
		"VEH"
	}else{
		"INF"
	}

So here, ground patrols will be more in infantry and so, you can "run away" if you want :D

One bug, maybe reported: when you are in the spawn menu, you select the parachute jump, you'll be a beautiful "omelet" because the soldier doesn't have any parachute backpack.

HI!!

First thank you for creating this amazing mission.

We encounter a issue that when he trying to make an airborne insertion the amount of enemy CAV is incredible high i mean literelly i got like 10 heavy or medium Opfor Cav on the ground.

I tryed the above and when we are in INF not airborne the amount of cav seems ok but when we fly the numbers of enemy cav go trough the roof again, can anyone help.?

Thank you for your awesome work!!

Cheers!

Hey not sure if this has been mentioned before or if it's an issue with the mission but I get a lot players that are running around in their underwear and others holding invisible guns, uh if it could be ensured that they have proper uniforms that would be great.

Been running a small server with a modified PO. We love it. Its everything we were looking for.

Been digging in the code as I'd love be to allow mortars to have the radio in targeting ability (trigger withcommandArtilleryFire) as them as default are useless. Not that its because PO, just lackluster BI AI.

Is there a trigger of some kind of trigger that get put down (example : failing a mission when players leave the are ) or is it down another way. Figure I could piggyback of of it.

Edited by CodeRedFox

Is there any way to get high command working?

If I sync a unit as the high commander the waypoint will disappear for units control is marked 'playable'. Waypoints work fine for 'Non Playable' units.

The AI will still go to the waypoint, but the marker will disappear and thus you cannot right click it to set the waypoint type.

First off wanted to say thank you for all your work on this. Patrol Ops is one of my favorite things about Arma.

I have a question on the init. I am unable to and anything to the init .sqf and have it work. I was attempting to add a few small scripts and have been unable to get them to work. One is a respawn script to allow for redeployment onto a Carrier as I am attempting to make a Marine version of your Patrol Ops to mess around on. Also I have attempted to up the number of VAS save slots from 10-20 and have been unsuccessful at this as well. I am by no means a pro at these things but have a working knowledge. Any info on how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated. Again thanks for all the work you have put into this.

Is it possible to add a VAS box with CSAT items in the NATO version? For TvT/pvp.

Edited by rzon

Hey not sure if this has been mentioned before or if it's an issue with the mission but I get a lot players that are running around in their underwear and others holding invisible guns, uh if it could be ensured that they have proper uniforms that would be great.

Perhaps they are running mods you dont have?

Is it possible to add a VAS box with CSAT items in the NATO version? For TvT/pvp.

TvT/PvP is not supported... yet. Your only option at the moment is to but side case handlers in the white/black list for VAS.

When's that update coming out?

I have a long list of things that the community want implemented and while most of these are ready, these haven't been tested and RL is having a big impact on that.

There is no real ETA on when this will be delivered, only my assurance it will be.

Cheers

TvT/PvP is not supported... yet. Your only option at the moment is to but side case handlers in the white/black list for VAS.

I have a long list of things that the community want implemented and while most of these are ready, these haven't been tested and RL is having a big impact on that.

There is no real ETA on when this will be delivered, only my assurance it will be.

Cheers

Thanks for keeping us informed and looking forward to any future updates.