roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Hi everybody!

I'm playing now the patrol ops AAF (we're independance !)....

And i can't find anywhere where a "pilote/crewman" slot can "fly" or "drive" without use the squad management!

Basically, in the NATO version, every crewman/pilots slots can fly or drive, but not in the AAF version !

Why ??

What can i do for this ??

And another thing : what about the ambient civils ??

Edited by chal00

Is it possible to get the scripts needed to run this squad mod that you have? I would really like to use it in other maps and server files as it is easy to use, and takes care of a lot of naming and marker issues I have been having with the editor.

Sorry in case this has been asked before, however I searched the thread and found no results.

I'm currently unable to keep my server running persistently with Patrol Operations loaded, and I didn't edit the respawn type in the configuration file.

Any solution to this?

And on a second note, have anyone made more missions for the gamemode?

Edited by K3lroy

Is there somewhere noted how to convert PO to other factions like Bundeswehr?

Hi,...

I'm having trouble in puting the HC to work on this mission! When i start the mission with the HC, 1-2 min later the server crashes. But it runs fine without the HC, but as soon as the HC connects 1-2 min later the server crashes. Any solution!?

I tried to find something about this problem with the HC, i found, but it's a mess in my head! :confused:

Hi,...

I'm having trouble in puting the HC to work on this mission! When i start the mission with the HC, 1-2 min later the server crashes. But it runs fine without the HC, but as soon as the HC connects 1-2 min later the server crashes. Any solution!?

I tried to find something about this problem with the HC, i found, but it's a mess in my head! :confused:

Roy mentioned this in an earlier post on this thread and linked to a ticket he had opened. I believe this can only be fixed when the issue the ticket raised has been resolved.

Hello!

I have a problem, I can't destroy a weapon cache. I've tried multiple explosives, the whole house in which it was exploded but the crate just stay intact.

I'm using Zeus also (if it changes anything).

I have a new, dual quad enterprise class server and fiber line all ready to go with two dedicated server instances ready to be fired up tonight.

C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master

C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Slave

Would someone be kind enough to walk me through the steps to starting this mission utilizing the HC option?

I would be infinitely grateful, and it would also go a long way towards helping my understanding of this process.

Thank you.

I have a new, dual quad enterprise class server and fiber line all ready to go with two dedicated server instances ready to be fired up tonight.

C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master

C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Slave

Would someone be kind enough to walk me through the steps to starting this mission utilizing the HC option?

I would be infinitely grateful, and it would also go a long way towards helping my understanding of this process.

Thank you.

Tha HC on this mission is BROKE for the moment, it needs BIS correct a problem so it can work! ;)

I enjoy your mod here and my clan uses it as our base map for our dedicated server. However, we prefer to play less of a vehicular style and more of an infantry one. I've seen in the main configuration file how to remove certain vehicles, but is it possible to make a change somewhere and get less enemy vehicles to spawn and more infantry? Currently we all pretty much have to go with AT load-outs to complete the missions.

Agreed, if there was an option to limit the amount of vehicles spawned that would be awesome. I'd be happy to have several versions of the mission running for example. One configged for full or almost full server and one for when there's only a squad or two :)

Hey I love the mod but I want to be able to play single player and for that I need to be able to save the game and recruit squad AI. I know the DUWS mission has a support (SITREP) that works for saving during multiplayer so I know it's possible, any way to get it in PO3? So in addition to saving the only other thing needed is to be able to recruit some squad AI. So I saw the Simple AI Recruitment mod, is it possible to implement this? I'd like to be able to play single player because the performance is better and I can run all the mods I have that I like.

Is it possible to delete the option for halo jumps in patrol ops?

You can change that in the parameters on launch. :)

--

Does anyone know how to enable persistent mode in Patrol Ops? I'm struggling with it.

Nice mission!

Is there already the ability to get an AI squad together? If not, when will we be able to?

On another side, how can I allow myself to enter helicopters or remove the requirement limit altogether?

Great job with PO3. Wondering about the HC option. Is it working??

Searched for headless client in the thread and last I read approx 2 wks back its still a WIP :(

Still working on things, will have answers/solutions and an update soon. not much time to script atm.

Still working on things, will have answers/solutions and an update soon. not much time to script atm.

Awesome news.

Hello!

I have a problem, I can't destroy a weapon cache. I've tried multiple explosives, the whole house in which it was exploded but the crate just stay intact.

I'm using Zeus also (if it changes anything).

Same here, waiting the new update.

Thanks for your work roy86.

I simply LOVE Patrol Ops...for starters. What an awesome mod...Myself and a small group of buddies, just cant get enough of this dynamic mod...with that said....

I wanted to know if ANYONE out there has any step by step instructions on how to add ammoboxes with SF Nato Weapons in the base when running multiplayer (Patrol Ops)? I have a small group of buddies and we just want to run a co-op server with TFR and a couple of other mods to include SF Nato weapons, but we would like to add an ammobox with all of the SF weapons right there in the base when we spawn in (all other mods work). I know its possible bc I have joined a server where they were doing this. (...and no I cant remember which one etc)

Yes, I have seen that there are many replies to this question, but frankly there's NO DETAIL on how to actually do/add this.

*** I would be willing to drop $ in a paypal account if someone can walk me through this process (and have it work). Are there any takers out there on this challenge ?***

I simply LOVE Patrol Ops...for starters. What an awesome mod...Myself and a small group of buddies, just cant get enough of this dynamic mod...with that said....

I wanted to know if ANYONE out there has any step by step instructions on how to add ammoboxes with SF Nato Weapons in the base when running multiplayer (Patrol Ops)? I have a small group of buddies and we just want to run a co-op server with TFR and a couple of other mods to include SF Nato weapons, but we would like to add an ammobox with all of the SF weapons right there in the base when we spawn in (all other mods work). I know its possible bc I have joined a server where they were doing this. (...and no I cant remember which one etc)

Yes, I have seen that there are many replies to this question, but frankly there's NO DETAIL on how to actually do/add this.

*** I would be willing to drop $ in a paypal account if someone can walk me through this process (and have it work). Are there any takers out there on this challenge ?***

In the 7z archive that you download, there should be a folder called 'Unpacked'. Decompress and make a copy of the mission you want to edit (for example, cox_patrol-ops-3-01-nato.altis) and then open that copied folder. Inside that folder, there should be another folder named 'scripts'. Now download VAS from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134. In the VAS zip archive, there should also be a folder, 'scripts'. Inside that 'scripts' folder, click and drag (decompress) the VAS folder on top of to replace the mission's VAS folder and contents in the first 'scripts' folder.

Now you have to make two quick edits to the file 'scripts\VAS\functions\fn_mainInit.sqf'. Change both occurrences of 'VAS\config.sqf' to 'scripts\VAS\config.sqf' and save.

Finally, PBO that whole mission directory was something like cpbo which you can find here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411.

Good luck!

Edit: Btw, this is to enable all the weapons through the Virtual Ammobox System.

Edited by EulerFoiler

In the 7z archive that you download, there should be a folder called 'Unpacked'. Decompress and make a copy of the mission you want to edit (for example, cox_patrol-ops-3-01-nato.altis) and then open that copied folder. Inside that folder, there should be another folder named 'scripts'. Now download VAS from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134. In the VAS zip archive, there should also be a folder, 'scripts'. Inside that 'scripts' folder, click and drag (decompress) the VAS folder on top of to replace the mission's VAS folder and contents in the first 'scripts' folder.

Now you have to make two quick edits to the file 'scripts\VAS\functions\fn_mainInit.sqf'. Change both occurrences of 'VAS\config.sqf' to 'scripts\VAS\config.sqf' and save.

Finally, PBO that whole mission directory was something like cpbo which you can find here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411.

Good luck!

Edit: Btw, this is to enable all the weapons through the Virtual Ammobox System.

Hey you sound like you know what you're talking about. Would you know how to implement an AI recruitment script like this one? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23844&highlight=SIMPLE%2BAI%2BRECRUITMENT%2BDIALOG

Hey I'm doing the "Retrieve INTEL From UAV" mission and this download from the UAV is taking wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long. Like it seems to be going about 1% a min, that's 100 minutes. I know it might be a mission option to make it longer but the maximum should be like 20 minutes or something.

Hey I'm doing the "Retrieve INTEL From UAV" mission and this download from the UAV is taking wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long. Like it seems to be going about 1% a min, that's 100 minutes. I know it might be a mission option to make it longer but the maximum should be like 20 minutes or something.

We play a full server with patrol ops, the UAV download intel is by far the best of all the tasks, please leave it exactly as it is or at the most, have perhaps a dynamic download time based on a percentage of the number of players taking playable unit slots. Having max time for full slots exactly as it is now. I may be wrong, but I would imagine that Emton doesnt play this with 42 players every day