roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

there is a reply a few pages back that speaks of editing a line for the voices something like radiovoices.0 - 1, but dont quote me on that

there is a reply a few pages back that speaks of editing a line for the voices something like radiovoices.0 - 1, but dont quote me on that
It is actually a mission parameter located in patrol_ops_3_02a.Altis\data\params.hpp line : 151

code = "if(%1 > 0)then{ enableRadio true; 0 fadeRadio 0; enableSentences true; }else{ 0 fadeRadio 0; enableRadio false; enableSentences false; };";

;) change all to "enableRadio true;" and "0 fadeRadio 1;" (Or preferably just delete the whole parameter)

Found it. Working well. Thanks!

Anyone have a quick guide to removing the VAS restrictions in this? I thought it would be simple as replacing the Functions folder but when I do that it says it can't find the Config.sqf (but it's still in the folder) and most of the interface is missing text. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

back up a few pages, it is super quick, all you need to do is replace the fetch???.file with a fresh one from vas- tonic, like i say was alot easier then i thought, but read back a bit, the guy explains it way better than i can

back up a few pages, it is super quick, all you need to do is replace the fetch???.file with a fresh one from vas- tonic, like i say was alot easier then i thought, but read back a bit, the guy explains it way better than i can

Perfect. Thanks.

This is working out great! Is there a way to 'pre-authorize' a unit to Fly. So that a unit can load in a pilot or copilot seat in the beginning of the game, without getting kicked out?

Or worst case, how does one remove the authorization requirement for flying and driving?

Thanks again for any direction on this specific request. ;)

Tried looking but couldnt find anything on it. Is it possible to recruit AI Squad mates?

Has anyone fixed the missions that are commented out in the current version? Or written any more, as I keen for a bit more variety. Zeus adds a lovely extra element to Patrol Ops.

Hi again.

if(isNil "PO3_param_baseProtection") then { PO3_param_baseProtection = false };

I can see the parameter, but I am unclear on where to turn this off. :confused:

I would like to turn off the Base Protection feature, since units need to defend the area from time to time.

Can you please tell me where to turn this off?

Thanks again!

@Neven, afaik, the base protection is auto turned off when an enemy is present within the base protection zone

Also any unit in support can fly

@Neven, afaik, the base protection is auto turned off when an enemy is present within the base protection zone

Also any unit in support can fly

The issue I'm having with the Base Protection is that I've changed location of the base to a recon FOB.

F84EC6C401DD4EE9439A32F868E4C5F86BF2992A

I've added Zeus to mission so that players can defend the base in certain scenarios. As you can see from the screenshots below, the enemy could be 800+ meters away and still be engaged. The protection prevents firing at distant targets. I would prefer to just turn this feature off, but I can't find the kill switch for this anywhere. :confused:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3282305137907238131/399F747D83752C9D02CAC41CC21AB9B4531F1107/ (264 kB)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3282305137907240629/A671654C7DEB6F5A07EBB6478D7EDCCF558ADA83/ (258 kB)

I'm using a civilian Pilot as Zeus and I needed to create the special auth since the unit is flying at mission start. Your direction led me to the code. :D Thanks!

unitname call PO3_fnc_setAsPilot;

@ Neven, edit the following file

\fnc\eventhandlers\fn_setFiredEH.sqf

at the top (third line) add

if(TRUE)exitwith{};

so it looks like

if(isNil "PO3__VAR_ETCXH_FITCXRE") then { PO3__VAR_ETCXH_FITCXRE = true };

if(isNil "PO3_protector_enable") then { PO3_protector_enable = true };

if(TRUE)exitwith{};

that will disable spawn protection permanently

alternatively give the admin a localised radio trigger or action that switches a boolean (DISABLEBASEPROTECTION_BOOLEAN (from false to true and back and then you can an admin switcheable Base protection system something like

if(isNil "PO3__VAR_ETCXH_FITCXRE") then { PO3__VAR_ETCXH_FITCXRE = true };

if(isNil "PO3_protector_enable") then { PO3_protector_enable = true };

private["_vehicle "];

_vehicle = _this;

if(typeName _vehicle != typeName objNull) exitWith { ["EventHandler","Fired EH failed to detect Object"] call PO3_fnc_log };

if(!isnil {_vehicle getVariable ["PO3_EH_Fired",nil]}) then {

_vehicle removeEventHandler ["Fired",_vehicle getVariable ["PO3_EH_Fired",0] ];

}else{

_vehicle removeAllEventHandlers "Fired";

};

_ehF = _vehicle addEventHandler ["Fired",{

if(DISABLEBASEPROTECTION_BOOLEAN)exitwith{};

if(PO3_protector_enable) then {

_p = _this select 6;

if(

_p distance (getMarkerPos "respawn_west") < 500 ||

_p distance (getMarkerPos "respawn_east") < 500 ||

_p distance (getMarkerPos "respawn_guerrila") < 500

)then {

[player,"HINTC",localize "STR_PO3_DIALOG_CEASEFIRE"] call PO3_fnc_hint;

deleteVehicle _p;

}else{

_p spawn {

waitUntil {

if(

_this distance (getMarkerPos "respawn_west") < 500 ||

_this distance (getMarkerPos "respawn_east") < 500 ||

_this distance (getMarkerPos "respawn_guerrila") < 500

)then {

[player,"HINTC",localize "STR_PO3_DIALOG_CEASEFIRE"] call PO3_fnc_hint;

deleteVehicle _this;

};

if( isNull _this ) exitWith { true };

false

};

};

};

};

}];

I've finally got Headless Clients working, but on this mission the AI are still all loaded locally on the server. Anyone worked out a fix for this yet?

Hey,

we love your map and played it 2 times, one time with 10 players, one time with more. I dont know if that technical bugs are bugs from your mission or arma3. our server was most time @ 50fps, only on heavy ai loads it goes down. Lets see:

technical:

- headless client didnt work (worked with 3.0 i think)

- while standing around very good frames, while walking -10 fps. Every player reported that issue

- resupply of tanks dont work. Fuel and repair work. But ammo dont get in even it is reported

Thx for this mission, support of TFR is great!

Same here. roy86 didnt react on my post. Its horrible to see this -10fps bug.

Got some major fixes being put together. I'll release once tested with a bunch of smaller tweaks.

Work is busy and I'm spending a lot of time away. Also I'm tackling Zeus implementation and PO3 looks like it will become a mod, not just a mission.

Thanks for the patience.

Edited by roy86

I added a zeus slot to PO3.1 we run on our public server. Only the admin has access and the cost system is in-place. For example the lightning bolt take 100% of the available resources and the resources replenish at a rate of 25% per min. While having an admin able to use the zeus slot is a nice way to augment the game play, I don't see how having the zeus available to players or multiple players would be benificial.

Also, I would very much like to see Patrol Ops remain a mission and not become a mod. It is nice to be able to run such a re-playable mission as vanilla on a public server which allows everyone to join without any complications.

There will still be a vanilla scripted version which can be augmented by zeus as you've done but the plan for PO3 Zeus requires it to be a mod due to the additional custom modules.

I believe taking patrol ops down the addon path would be a mistake, unless there is still a scripted branch. Reason being, it's design for public play.

The individual missions within it are not and probably cannot match those of indvidually placed ai in a custom mission made for a community, but they are still good enough for replayability.

If you make this an addon, it will not longer be played in the public realm where it is most popular and most often played. Public realm requires vanilla.

In the private realm where clans and closed communities have their own custom missions it is not played as often.

That in no way detracts from the quality and the design of this mission.

Sorry re-read an earlier post by Roy which explains it will still be available in a scripted form

Edited by Terox

I love playing this mission on servers that have organization! Such a fresh change compared to the older perpetual missions.

When steam supports addons you will find many more people playing with mods as they don't have to install them and configure them.

I think there are definite positives to this approach.