roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

I have a problem.. I need to deactivate the injury system already in the mission because we use XmedSys... How to do you remove the injury system already inplace thanks ! I would also want to remove the units appearing on the map.Thanks.

Edited by alexgardien5

So, I hate to be "that guy", but my Google Foo is weak on this one.

I'm trying to find documentation on how to set server-side options related to Patrol Ops. Where might I find more information?

Thanks, and a great mod!

Knobee

I have a problem.. I need to deactivate the injury system already in the mission because we use XmedSys... How to do you remove the injury system already inplace thanks ! I would also want to remove the units appearing on the map.Thanks.

Just put the xmed module down. It works fine that way.

What do you mean remove units appearing on the map? Friendly units? Turn up the server difficulty. Enemy units? Same thing. If you are talking about random patrols spawning, just turn off ground patrols in the parameters.

I'm trying to find documentation on how to set server-side options related to Patrol Ops. Where might I find more information?

Thanks, and a great mod!

Knobee

Which server side options specifically are you trying to change? Most everything is adjustable under the parameters in the lobby before you start the mission.

Hello Roy86, while playing patrol ops on 28th March I noticed a error message while reviving one sniper player. I was in Alpha team.

The error has to do with the revive script (ais_injury) line 86 (undefined variable in expression _firstaider). Below is the screenshot showing the error message I got on my screen.

Zeus_patrol_ops_error00.jpg

you can also see the vídeo showing the error I mentioned at 6:50 mins

ZEUS - COOP - Patrol Ops - NATO - (2014-March-28)

8TcvqVj1jAI

http://youtu.be/8TcvqVj1jAI

@bravo 6, i have already a ticket for this and fix is sceduled for PO 3.2.....

nice playable missions. what about chernarus islad version ? with A3mp mod? and free virtual amo box and weapons for players

VAS is already in and the query about porting to other islands has already been brought up. I think Roy is waiting until he's fixed bugs first

Sorry for late replies, Away on work.

I'd like to add the VAS to a ghost hawk. I added the string from the ammo box to the helo but when the helo respawns it doesn't have the VAS. How do I input the VAS string to have it work on helo respawn?

When a vehicle is destroyed, it is not the same vehicle that "respawns". It is a new vehicle so the action will not be there. You need to add special case handles to add the variable to the new vehicle in "fnc\creator\fn_objectrespawn.sqf". Other cases have been specified in there, simply add your own.

Comment out the Injury system in the INIT.sqf to use other injury systems such as XmedSys. note BTC is not supported as it handles the injury state AFTER death and not before which is required.

Can you elaborate on "Units appearing on the map" as this is too vague.

Thanks, and a great mod!

Knobee

I use default server settings on Veteran to Expert. The "Mission Parameters" are adjusted for the community you play with, server specifications and features that I cannot predict players will want to use.

nice playable missions. what about chernarus islad version ? with A3mp mod? and free virtual amo box and weapons for players

Thanks but please read through previous posts. This has come up many, many times. Yes A2 maps will become available but there is no timeline as they are a bit buggy for my liking. Restriction free VAS is not what this mission is about but if you want to modify it for your own community you are free to overwrite the existing version with a fresh copy that will allow you to do that.

Roy, my ArmA group is loving the hell out of Patrol Ops. ***Thanks for the hard work! ***Looking forward to the next build.

A few issues we've seen that maybe ought to go in to the todo list, in order of what's been causing us the most issues:

1) The random ground patrols are awesome but even when set to 'Low' it seems that too much stuff spawns. ***This lags the hell out of the server, especially when you're flying from objective to objective as stuff just keeps spawning. ***We usually have to reload after 2 missions or so.

2) When you grab an ammo box and bring it close to a littlebird to load it on the side, you get a green context menu option to load it directly. ***This causes the helo to explode.

2) Ammo boxes seem to despawn too quickly. ***We often take one on missions (selecting 'Load ammo box on to...' '...Vehicle' still works) and tuck it in a safe spot a few hundred meters from the AO. ***Most of the time when we go back for it after the initial assault the thing's gone.

4) The ammo boxes we're supposed to blow up in the Destroy Caches missions don't seem to be vulnerable to anything. ***Even satchels seem to do nothing.

5) Towing seems to be broken. Most of the time the vehicle you're towing just disappears. ***Loading stuff on to HMETTs works but what you load often turns invisible. ***When it does work, towing the Ghosthawk causes it to explode when released due to clipping.

6) Despite the mission for it being gone, having the recovery APC is still a great thing to bring in armor columns. ***We added it back ourselves but it really should be put back by default.

Thanks for the feedback, please make sure you log these in the Dev-heaven so I can track these.

How would one go about adding Alive functionality to the patrol ops mission? I've got a fairly decent understanding of editing Patrol ops (for the simple stuff anyway) but i'm new to alive.***

is it just a case of dropping modules? Is there any inherent conflicts i should be looking out for.

G

I haven't used Alive before but your free to give it a shot.

After halo, on landing when the loadout system re-equips, the player will not get back the "Laserbatteries" that they carried

Ticket raised: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74291

@Roy, if this is an easy fix could you please supply me with editing instructions.

We use a small recon team to halo in advance of the main force to locate LZ's etc and this is making their task difficult.

If its a lot of editing, no problems i'll wait for the next patch. Our workaround at present is to carry 3 Laserbatteries

I'll take a look when I get back. It will be in the "fn_get/setloadout.sqf"s in Loadout Functions that gets that information. There are a few updates to those scripts so I'll look into is an try release an update soon.

Quick question. I'm fairly new to ArmA 3, and only play with one other buddy. So we've been playing co-op missions designed for 2 players. Patrol Ops 3.1 really caught my eye though. Is there anything special I need to do to adjust the difficulty with there only being 2 of us, or does the mission auto detect and adjust the number of enemy units we will encounter? Thanks for any help.

Missions will automatically scale to the number of connected players but PO3 was designed for larger tactical play.

I can't place EPD ied in Patrol.***

this one http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170703-Randomly-generated-roadside-IEDs

it was work at editor but at the dedicated server its not a single working :( please help me D:

I would raise this to whoever created that. I have heard of those working in PO3 but have not tried them myself.

An additional slider option for types of units would be pretty slick. Of course I have no idea how much work that would entail. ***I am assuming quite a bit though....

That would be a lot of effort. I would recommend adjusting the "Values" in the params line 62 to something smaller (maybe values[]={0,100,200,300,400};) to suit the scale or you could modify the "fnc\creater\fn_ambientgroundpatrols.sqf" line 35 to get the vehicle types you would prefer (retrived from the mission configuration).

Side Note: I have received a lot of requests for stand alone scripts for various features in PO3. Whilst some are very difficult to isolate I will extract parts for people to use in scripted and mod versions.

Edited by roy86

Could you point out the exact line I need to edit for the injury system ?

We play with the map turned off so we need to relay on GPS and Compass to locate ourselfves but in Patrol Ops we can see a unit marker on the map:

200px-Section_Nato.png

I would also like to enable Igiload if you could tell me on how to do it :)

Thanks.

Could you point out the exact line I need to edit for the injury system ?

We play with the map turned off so we need to relay on GPS and Compass to locate ourselfves but in Patrol Ops we can see a unit marker on the map:

I would also like to enable Igiload if you could tell me on how to do it :)

Thanks.

The group and squad markers can be turned off via the mission parameters at the start OR you can just delete the contents of "fnc\intel\grpmark_draw.sqf"

IgiLoad is in PO3.1 already and you can easily update it with the latest version by overriding it and amending the path to scripts.

Thanks for the help, but I can't seem to be able to remove the injury system... :( I didn't find anything inside the init.sqf...

This is my init.sqf:

["INIT",format["Executing %1 init.sqf",missionName],true] call PO3_fnc_log;

[] execVM "Patrol_Ops_3.sqf";

if(!isDedicated) then {

Receiving_finish = false;

onPreloadFinished { Receiving_finish = true; onPreloadFinished {}; };

WaitUntil{ !(isNull player) && !isNil "PO3_core_init" && Receiving_finish };

}else{

WaitUntil{!isNil "PO3_core_init"};

};

if(!isDedicated && !PO3_debug) then {

playMusic "LeadTrack01a_F";

0 fadeMusic 1;

[5,""] spawn PO3_fnc_camera_fadein;

if!(PO3_debug) then { [270,900,150] call PO3_fnc_introsequence };

[] spawn { sleep 20; 8 fadeMusic 0; };

//External Injury system (Future Mod Support)

TCB_AIS_PATH = "scripts\ais_injury\";

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits}); // execute for every playable unit

//External Logistics (Future Mod Support)

[] execVM "scripts\IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";

};

["PO3_taskmaster"] call PO3_fnc_runTaskSequence;

[] call PO3_fnc_outrosequence;

Edited by alexgardien5

Is it somehow possible to reduce the amount of ambient patrols or limit them to a certain amount of units/area?

As of right now it looks like they're spawning indefinitely, player groups/vehicles will run out of ammo even before reaching the mission objectives, that's a reason why most groups will just halo in and therefore making the ambient patrols and vehicle usage obsolete in the first place.

Cheers

Hey,

we love your map and played it 2 times, one time with 10 players, one time with more. I dont know if that technical bugs are bugs from your mission or arma3. our server was most time @ 50fps, only on heavy ai loads it goes down. Lets see:

technical:

- headless client didnt work (worked with 3.0 i think)

- while standing around very good frames, while walking -10 fps. Every player reported that issue

- resupply of tanks dont work. Fuel and repair work. But ammo dont get in even it is reported

game:

- ambient patroles are so heavy that air support is impossible (choppers). Everywhere are random patrols, get most time shot down from apc or other caliber.

- reinforcements are too heavy if played with only 10 players. every 3 minutes tanks, apc, infantrie are coming to the quest zone.

Thx for this mission, support of TFR is great!

@AlexGardien5

you need to put // front of the following lines... marked in red

// TCB_AIS_PATH = "scripts\ais_injury\";

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits}); // execute for every playable unit

i think that's all you need.

Gav

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

@NUmrollen,

my advice for playing with small numbers is keep ambient ground patrols on low, ambient air patrols off and mission difficulty on hard. That is doable for a group of 10, especially if you have either air support and/or patience and AT

Gav

Hey,

we love your map and played it 2 times, one time with 10 players, one time with more. I dont know if that technical bugs are bugs from your mission or arma3. our server was most time @ 50fps, only on heavy ai loads it goes down. Lets see:

technical:

- headless client didnt work (worked with 3.0 i think)

- while standing around very good frames, while walking -10 fps. Every player reported that issue

- resupply of tanks dont work. Fuel and repair work. But ammo dont get in even it is reported

game:

- ambient patroles are so heavy that air support is impossible (choppers). Everywhere are random patrols, get most time shot down from apc or other caliber.

- reinforcements are too heavy if played with only 10 players. every 3 minutes tanks, apc, infantrie are coming to the quest zone.

Thx for this mission, support of TFR is great!

Hi dude,

We were in the same case, we are only at max 15/20 players. So i made a little change in the spawn ground patrols script: fnc/creator/fn_ambientGroundPatrols.sqf in the 27th line.

if(random 1 > 0.5) then {
		"VEH"
	}else{
		"INF"
	}

to:

if(random 1 > 0.8) then {
		"VEH"
	}else{
		"INF"
	}

So here, ground patrols will be more in infantry and so, you can "run away" if you want :D

One bug, maybe reported: when you are in the spawn menu, you select the parachute jump, you'll be a beautiful "omelet" because the soldier doesn't have any parachute backpack.

Aymen: I think with low spawning its ok. If the enemy have a APC i dont want to run away over open field cause i cant do that if real people would steer that vehicle. Would be cool if the vehicles in all missions use higher ai skill settings ( setSkill ["spotdistance", X.X]; ) to get higher attack ranges. ATM most time ai in vehicles act like infantrie on a seat and because of that all missions need unrealistic ammount of vehicles to cause a thread to human players. 1-2 of high skills manned vehicles and the player will need tactics. Other settings should be of course lower -> ["spottime", x.x]; should really not too low or we have a 360° unbeatable rambo ;) Generell in our clan we have 1/2 tank platoon and MOST time its not fun vs. ai who only attack if its already too late.

Perhaps they get smarter with ASR and HC and and and... :)

@AlexGardien5

you need to put // front of the following lines... marked in red

// TCB_AIS_PATH = "scripts\ais_injury\";

i think that's all you need.

Gav

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

@NUmrollen,

my advice for playing with small numbers is keep ambient ground patrols on low, ambient air patrols off and mission difficulty on hard. That is doable for a group of 10, especially if you have either air support and/or patience and AT

Gav

Thanks a lot :).

Just posted my comments as issues on Dev Haven. Sorry for adding a huge pile of stuff on the list :p

Sorry for late replies, Away on work.

When a vehicle is destroyed, it is not the same vehicle that "respawns". It is a new vehicle so the action will not be there. You need to add special case handles to add the variable to the new vehicle in "fnc\creator\fn_objectrespawn.sqf". Other cases have been specified in there, simply add your own.

Comment out the Injury system in the INIT.sqf to use other injury systems such as XmedSys. note BTC is not supported as it handles the injury state AFTER death and not before which is required.

Can you elaborate on "Units appearing on the map" as this is too vague.

I use default server settings on Veteran to Expert. The "Mission Parameters" are adjusted for the community you play with, server specifications and features that I cannot predict players will want to use.

Thanks but please read through previous posts. This has come up many, many times. Yes A2 maps will become available but there is no timeline as they are a bit buggy for my liking. Restriction free VAS is not what this mission is about but if you want to modify it for your own community you are free to overwrite the existing version with a fresh copy that will allow you to do that.

Thanks for the feedback, please make sure you log these in the Dev-heaven so I can track these.

I haven't used Alive before but your free to give it a shot.

I'll take a look when I get back. It will be in the "fn_get/setloadout.sqf"s in Loadout Functions that gets that information. There are a few updates to those scripts so I'll look into is an try release an update soon.

Missions will automatically scale to the number of connected players but PO3 was designed for larger tactical play.

I would raise this to whoever created that. I have heard of those working in PO3 but have not tried them myself.

That would be a lot of effort. I would recommend adjusting the "Values" in the params line 62 to something smaller (maybe values[]={0,100,200,300,400};) to suit the scale or you could modify the "fnc\creater\fn_ambientgroundpatrols.sqf" line 35 to get the vehicle types you would prefer (retrived from the mission configuration).

Side Note: I have received a lot of requests for stand alone scripts for various features in PO3. Whilst some are very difficult to isolate I will extract parts for people to use in scripted and mod versions.

Thanks for being awesome and answering questions! Really enjoy the missions and appreciate you taking the time to build and keep up with these!

@roy86

Thanks for all your work,really enjoy this mission. My question is,If I host the mission on my pc,I can adjust Parameters fine,If I run a dedicated server and join,( all on same pc) I cannot adjust Parameters?

Thanks for any help !

Hello,

About the respawn vehicle, and if I have understood:

_nul0 = [this,360,6000] call PO3_fnc_setObjectRespawn; means that:

-the vehicle will respawn after 360 seconds if it is (destroyed) or (dammaged and abandonned)

-the vehicle will respawn after 6000 seconds if it is (100% health and abandonned)

is there a way to modify conditions:

- x seconds if vehicle is destroyed

- x seconds if vehicle is (dammaged and abandonned) or (100% health and abandonned)

you can change those numbers for your needs.... i missunderstood something ???

you can change those numbers for your needs.... i missunderstood something ???

The problem is that the timer is the same for destroyed vehicle and damaged vehicle (even light damaged).

> For example, if you set the first timer to 300, in five minutes, your damaged vehicle will respawn if it has light damaged.

You go somewhere, you take damaged (but still usable). You go out of vehicle, you make your mission, it takes you 20 minutes.

You vehicle will still be here, only if it has 100% health.

I think the conditions for respawn abandonned vehicle, should concerned 100% healthy and damaged vehicle. Not only 100% healthy vehicle.

First of all, the usual, I have been a fanboy of Patrol Ops since Arrowhead, I would like to thank you for many things, it was having to learn how to port patrol ops into CLAfghan that lead to me blindly fondling around your scripts and in turn slowly self learning scripting,

I appreciate the Mission structure and aim, but may I make a suggestion, maybe release a Patrol Ops Sandbox edition, this way it can be ambient funtime, with ALL the kits and toys, and purely as a chill n kill setting. Also then it it would aid server joiners as it will be clearer in the server browser that it is Patrol Ops, but also it is more a pick up and play version that is n't so important/reliant on server pop, plus it keeps it more official to the original authors, with less need of overhaul rescripting by unqualified newbs like me.

I used to just run the patops arma 2 version on clafghan on my own PC, with just one other friend joining, with a ton of crazy mods etc, but now with A3 my community have put up a dedicated server, so we need to play it more public. So as it stands its just me with the odd pub joining now and then, things i have done to the mission, are add the 2 new cas jets plus the old one, opened up the VAS box, this one is essential to me, because i love doing things like last night, where i dressed civi, no weapons, took that sports car thing for a drive, was great and wished i filmed it, i went to the castle, parked the car, went for a walk, and ilfrit was parked on the coast, it was like my holiday became a nightmare! So i tried to return to my car sneaking past the patrol, remember i deliberately took no gun!, got to where i parked the only to find it had de-spawned, or in my role play was stolen by the occupying forces to trap me, what followed was an hour of trying to get to safety...all in all loved it, thats just an example of how i often just use patrol ops as a setting, then i create my own scenarios around it.

Little things,

the intro sequence, the border is not quiet wide enough so "by eightysix" is cut off about half way on the horizontal.

the base is very dark around the spawns, no floodlighting etc, annoying considering there is a load of lighting just in the distance.

the assumption that the mission is going to be played with the full amount of players - maybe an in game option to set state to "off-duty" mode, where the players on only need to do patrols gathering intel,

^ brings me to another idea, in battlefield 2 project reality, insurgency mode, if your familiar, there is intel points, gained by kills etc, taken away by failures etc, but it could add a new direction by not having the tasks just pop up continuously but between missions, the team have to go out, patrol n recon, gather enough intel for the HQ to create the next tasking.

Im a flyboy through and through, would love more cas activities, not so much tied to the tasks, just stuff to do. - again bare in mind i play in a sandbox mentality, we create strict missions for the hardcore stuff.

i really feel, if no one can point me in the right direction, there is a real need for a good users guide/video, a must .txt readme though for reference, i appreciate the little //remarks in the scripts, as i mentioned earlier this is how i have been learning,

but as it stands, there is so much i think is in the game that i just cant do, or maybe its not in the game and i think i just don't know how to do it. Like air drop a car in so i can get my holiday dude home safe, or some simple ammo box drop ie radio 0-8 support are all empty, it could be me just not doing something right.

i do love the squadmod idea, however again really needs a good explanation of use, as i do not own the server we are running it on, i am a senior admin and was granted rcon, but we have a BEC admin script for general admins and we are not in the business of handing out the rcon all the time, so really i need to figure out how to give standard admins the power of the mission/squadmod but the the actual server.

i do have the potential to go on "alot" but only as i hold great love for patrol ops.

i was thinking reading through all of this thread, there are many helpful and loyal users of the script, maybe we could distribute the work load with say, getting some people involved in creating new missions/tasks, like assassinations, sea tasks etc, then you as the developers can pick and choose new tasks to add in, in future updates.

not sure if its the site or not, but when i go to dev-heaven i get a security expiration warning every time, i proceed, just was n't sure if you were aware, as some people will shy away and possibly not report bugs etc.

anyhoo

hi i am t0et0e :)

Hi!

This is by far the most versatile mod for ArmA3. The collection of scripts and missions are awesome. The fact that you also give the mission edit files is incredible. I'm learning so much. Thanks so much for all of the hard work!

I've been modifying the Nato version to be geared more towards single-player and High Command. I'm using VAC (voice command), and I would like to have the squad AI respond, but it seems you have a script turning their voices off. I have digged in the scripts, but I can't find where this function/setting is.

Could you please direct me to the are where I can turn back on the Squad AI voices?

Thanks again for Patrol Ops!