roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

I changed the VAS to the standard one but now I have not for every weapon a muzzle. How to change it to have for every weapon also a muzzle like in the Patrol Ops VAS?

Best regards

Kai

Open confg.sqf which is located inside of the VAS folder and remove highlighted suppressors from the vas_r_items variable.

vas_r_magazines = [];//Items to remove from VAS
vas_r_items = [[color=#ff0000][b]"muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"[/b][/color]];
//Goggles to remove from VAS
vas_r_glasses = [];

Edited by Matosh

Hi.

First of all i want to say thanks for this great mission!!

I got 2 questions:

1. Are u going to make PO on Takistan?

2. Where can i change restrictions? We don't like that admin give permissions to fly or drive vehicles. We play in small number of players and it's problem when admin isn't playing with us.

2. Where can i change restrictions? We don't like that admin give permissions to fly or drive vehicles. We play in small number of players and it's problem when admin isn't playing with us.

Do you have the latest patrol ops update? You shouldn't need to be logged in as admin. You just need to have someone in the squad leader slot.

Do you have the latest patrol ops update? You shouldn't need to be logged in as admin. You just need to have someone in the squad leader slot.

We will try. We always leave this slot :) thx vm

I try shy's MCC helmatcam but it's only apply to person who join at the server very first time. dose anyone know solution of this?

How can i change fighting faction?

like AFF VS CSAT

figured but sitll stuck at helmatcam D:

Edited by kgino1045

Can we have map markers for each helicopter and not only for the squad leader? Perhaps as a setting?

Also, what about the NATO MLRS? And perhaps some fixed-wing UAVs in the south hangars on the airport? Wheeled UGVs to transport crates? :)

could you please add in credits for next PO.3.2 update "Czech - Evro, Baki"? There is blank space at this time :D Thanks!

Will do. Forgot to update those with a few people including Terox ;)

Is anyone experiencing big fps loss with the new random patrols system? Even if I set it on low, the FPS will go crazy after some time.
This can be a bit of a balancing act. We often have good runs with the oiccasional lagged time.
Can we have map markers for each helicopter and not only for the squad leader? Perhaps as a setting?

Also, what about the NATO MLRS? And perhaps some fixed-wing UAVs in the south hangars on the airport? Wheeled UGVs to transport crates? :)

Markers, sure. Log a request in the dev-heaven to see it in there.

MLRS can be added just by adding them into the editor.

UAVs can be called through the squadmod interface.

RL is full on but will try to have an update post A3.1.14 update with the new content and a couple of fixes.

Cheers,

I try shy's MCC helmatcam but it's only apply to person who join at the server very first time. dose anyone know solution of this?

How can i change fighting faction?

like AFF VS CSAT

figured but sitll stuck at helmatcam D:

How did you change the fighting faction? If I may ask.. And I'm pretty, no, very new to this. =)

Thanks, I created a ticket.

How did you change the fighting faction? If I may ask.. And I'm pretty, no, very new to this. =)

Edit the config.hpp. I uploaded a sample config with the middle eastern guys from the aggressors mod a few pages back.

Edit the config.hpp. I uploaded a sample config with the middle eastern guys from the aggressors mod a few pages back.

Thank you!

I'd like to add the VAS to a ghost hawk. I added the string from the ammo box to the helo but when the helo respawns it doesn't have the VAS. How do I input the VAS string to have it work on helo respawn?

Roy, my ArmA group is loving the hell out of Patrol Ops. Thanks for the hard work! Looking forward to the next build.

A few issues we've seen that maybe ought to go in to the todo list, in order of what's been causing us the most issues:

1) The random ground patrols are awesome but even when set to 'Low' it seems that too much stuff spawns. This lags the hell out of the server, especially when you're flying from objective to objective as stuff just keeps spawning. We usually have to reload after 2 missions or so.

2) When you grab an ammo box and bring it close to a littlebird to load it on the side, you get a green context menu option to load it directly. This causes the helo to explode.

2) Ammo boxes seem to despawn too quickly. We often take one on missions (selecting 'Load ammo box on to...' '...Vehicle' still works) and tuck it in a safe spot a few hundred meters from the AO. Most of the time when we go back for it after the initial assault the thing's gone.

4) The ammo boxes we're supposed to blow up in the Destroy Caches missions don't seem to be vulnerable to anything. Even satchels seem to do nothing.

5) Towing seems to be broken. Most of the time the vehicle you're towing just disappears. Loading stuff on to HMETTs works but what you load often turns invisible. When it does work, towing the Ghosthawk causes it to explode when released due to clipping.

6) Despite the mission for it being gone, having the recovery APC is still a great thing to bring in armor columns. We added it back ourselves but it really should be put back by default.

Hi! First off, thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this mission!

I have a question on the latest release. I am not a scripter, so if you could break down the answer barney style I would appreciate it!

VAS, I love the new VAS system, it seems to load way faster, not sure if that was deliberate, or just that PO runs smoother now... I just have one question. How can I set the VAS in PO 3.1 to look at my default save? It appears that this mission is generating it's own save location and I have been unable to find it so far. We swap back and forth between missions and game modes, it is nice to just be able to call up our saved loadouts. It keeps people from playing Barbie Doll for 30 minutes!!! Thanks for any help!

EDIT:

So I think I see what was done. Basically the slots inside of the save file have been renamed?

"PO3_VAS_gearSlot_%1_%2_%3",side player, player getVariable ["PO3_VAR_roleAttribute","Rifleman"

instead of

"vas_gear_new_%1",_slot

which is creating a whole new set of saved slots in the vas user profile in /user/documents?

So now I guess I should update my question....

Which files have been modified? Would it be easier to just strip VAS and load it back in from scratch or edit these files?

Edited by Ruwe

Hi...

My question is kinda tricky, i guess...

Well, i want to add items from the XMedSys by X39 to the "Patrol_Ops_3_Configuration.hpp".

Ok, this works, but how do i change the ammount of those items, at best without affecting the ammount of the other items like one GPS but 20 bandages and 10 bloodbags?

How would one go about adding Alive functionality to the patrol ops mission? I've got a fairly decent understanding of editing Patrol ops (for the simple stuff anyway) but i'm new to alive.

is it just a case of dropping modules? Is there any inherent conflicts i should be looking out for.

G

Bug Report:

After halo, on landing when the loadout system re-equips, the player will not get back the "Laserbatteries" that they carried

Ticket raised: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74291

@Roy, if this is an easy fix could you please supply me with editing instructions.

We use a small recon team to halo in advance of the main force to locate LZ's etc and this is making their task difficult.

If its a lot of editing, no problems i'll wait for the next patch. Our workaround at present is to carry 3 Laserbatteries

Quick question. I'm fairly new to ArmA 3, and only play with one other buddy. So we've been playing co-op missions designed for 2 players. Patrol Ops 3.1 really caught my eye though. Is there anything special I need to do to adjust the difficulty with there only being 2 of us, or does the mission auto detect and adjust the number of enemy units we will encounter? Thanks for any help.

Quick question. I'm fairly new to ArmA 3, and only play with one other buddy. So we've been playing co-op missions designed for 2 players. Patrol Ops 3.1 really caught my eye though. Is there anything special I need to do to adjust the difficulty with there only being 2 of us, or does the mission auto detect and adjust the number of enemy units we will encounter? Thanks for any help.

Try to adjust

class param_PO3_missionskill

in

missions\cox_patrol-ops-3-01-nato.altis\data\param

the higher number mean more enemy

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

I can't place EPD ied in Patrol.

this one http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170703-Randomly-generated-roadside-IEDs

it was work at editor but at the dedicated server its not a single working :( please help me D:

Edited by kgino1045

Try to adjust

class param_PO3_missionskill

in

missions\cox_patrol-ops-3-01-nato.altis\data\param

the higher number mean more enemy

Isn't that adjustable in the parameters section of the mission anyway? No need to go into the .hpp file. Just select 'Low' in the parameters when you start the mission, that automatically sets that variable to a 1.

The problem we are having is that even on Low, there is just too much armor and vehicles spawned. Unless you want to run as super soldiers, everyone has 7 AT rockets, medic, snipers, you have an extremely hard time completing objectives. For instance, 8 of us ran this this evening on Takistan, we had an 'ambush enemy armored patrol'. (which says ambush in mission description and capture supply convoy in briefing on map.... still haven't gotten this one to complete). We took probably 20+ AT rounds. We ran out of AT before we ran out of targets. This is the same for every mission, not just where we expect to run into armor.

I don't like turning off the ground patrols, I really think that they add that little something extra to the missions, but it frustrates quite a few of our members to stay in constant contact with APC's, tanks, Ifrits ect. They wouldn't mind a couple of Ifrits with dismounted patrols and rarely a chance to see a tank. But every mission with all settings on low we run into enough armored contact that you should have a strong platoon at a minimum to complete the objectives. We run about 12 people on average.

Does anyone have an idea on how to leave the dismounts in there but remove some of the armor?

Agreed, actual ground patrols need a slider or other configuration options s in parameters.

Gav

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

An additional slider option for types of units would be pretty slick.

Of course I have no idea how much work that would entail. I am assuming quite a bit though....