roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

Hey EightySix,

Can you explain how ACRE retrans works in the mission? ( I can repost in ACRE thread if necessary.)

I found this for each of 5 spawned towers, but can't seem to figure what to do next.

[[getPosASL acreTower_1 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_1 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_1 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic

We are having issues with radio distance do we have to change channel to 100 (the same freq as 342.675) on the PRC 148 VHF??

I tried with someone for over an hour in vehicle and out across the map on channel 1 and 100 and we could not do anything unless we still had line of sight.

cheers

Hi KevsnoTrev...

Maybe those links can help you:

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Class_Names_and_API

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/11186-acre-retransmit-function/

@ Roy

First of all, i f**king love PO! i've been playing it since first release on A2 and spent more time playing it than anything else. Right now im building a MultiMod co70 PO2 with some pretty nice features on Reshmaan Province (200h+ of work by now, that's how i love patrol ops!).

But i'm sorry to get back to this assignment stuff in PO3...

We (our community) worked for several month very hard on a SQL based assignment/whitelist solution for Arma 2 Domi and a webinterface to manage it. With this solution we are able to manage and handle the pilot-, armor- and command-whitelists (JTAC, ATC, CCT, TOC) for an (theoretical) infinite number of servers and across Arma2 AND Arma3 (two more A2 servers, PO2 & Insurgency, and two A3 servers, Vanilla & PO3 w. ACRE, planed and in progress). Goal was to keep the admin work on the server(s) to a minimum. Admins want to play too, and that's not possible if every 30sec a player steps up to him with questions and wishes to fly ect...

So here's my question:

The way i see it, it is not possible to handle the PO3 role assignment via external sollutions like ours (i think its arma2net based, not sure), coz it's kinda "hardcoded", right? Please correct me if im wrong...

You said something like working on the assignment stuff, what would it look like? Will there be a possibility to disable the ingame assigment but keeping the squadmanagement? Will there also be a possibility to disable the injury system? Like adding this to the params?

I'm asking about the injury system b/c i'm also working on a PO3 with ALiVE and XMedSys by X39 (vBundeswehr).

THX so far for your absolutly amazing work and a happy new year!

thanks Audiocustom, had seen the second before. will test more with the idi.systems info.

UPDATE:

I checked out both sites and from what I can see there are 5 items in the array passed to acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic.

In patrol_ops_3__00_NATO.altis\po3\patrol-operations_3.sqf the array passed only had four items. Was this correct or did someone forget to put the radio type in there?

I don't have any way of testing, but is this the right way of using this?

From line 22 in the file noted above: - WITH my change adding the radio class name.

if(mpsfCLI) then {
   [] spawn {
          waitUntil{!isNil "acreTower_1" && !isNil "acreTower_2" && !isNil "acreTower_3" && !isNil "acreTower_4" && !isNil "acreTower_5"};
         ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_1 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_1 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_1 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
          ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_2 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_2 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_2 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
          ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_3 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_3 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_3 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
         ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_4 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_4 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_4 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
          ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_5 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_5 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_5 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
      };
  };

Edited by KevsnoTrev

Was wondering if Headless client in your mission has been sorted as for me everything spawns on the server still.

4EPbLJ7.jpg

Edit: Appears it does pass some units off over time to the headless client.

Also wanted to mention I modified the mission by adding a civ. slot for the HC client naming it accordingly and changing joinUnassigned to 0 and it joins to the correct slot.

PxqYDmV.jpg

Edited by Merca

thanks Audiocustom, had seen the second before. will test more with the idi.systems info.

UPDATE:

I checked out both sites and from what I can see there are 5 items in the array passed to acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic.

In patrol_ops_3__00_NATO.altis\po3\patrol-operations_3.sqf the array passed only had four items. Was this correct or did someone forget to put the radio type in there?

I don't have any way of testing, but is this the right way of using this?

From line 22 in the file noted above: - WITH my change adding the radio class name.

if(mpsfCLI) then {
   [] spawn {
          waitUntil{!isNil "acreTower_1" && !isNil "acreTower_2" && !isNil "acreTower_3" && !isNil "acreTower_4" && !isNil "acreTower_5"};
         ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_1 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_1 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_1 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
          ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_2 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_2 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_2 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
          ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_3 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_3 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_3 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
         ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_4 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_4 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_4 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
          ["ACRE_PRC148",[getPosASL acreTower_5 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_5 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_5 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_createRxmtStatic;
      };
  };

Looks good from what i can tell. I'm no pro in scripting, tho :D

I would have done it the same way you did, but of useing the 148 (max power is 5000!) i would have used the "ACRE_PRC117F"...

To test it, run the game with your needed mods and ACRE o/c, start a dedi server on your local machine and get a buddy to join in... Could work...

Yeah, I tried the way I put above and got this error

Error position: <setPosASL _pos;_carry = _rxmtObelisk;
}>
 Error setposasl: Type String, expected Array
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_server\fnc_retransRadioHandlers.sqf, line 37

I;m going to make sure i got it right and post in the Acre forums for an answer I think.

Is it possible to recruit AI to play this mission by myself?

What about

["ACRE_PRC117F",[getPosASL acreTower_1 select 0, getPosASL acreTower_1 select 1, (getPosASL acreTower_1 select 2) + 2500], 36.625, 342.675, 20000] spawn acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

Could work... i guess...

The mod looks so damn good. I'm hosting a server at home (in the same computer i use to play) for a few friends (no more than 4) and we can't get inside aerial vehicles. Even if i'm logged as admin. What can i do to give me and my comrades the possibility to pilot helis and so forth?

@ Karma, just make sure you are using the SquadMod function in the scroll wheel menu.

Select the player on the left and in the middle assign to crewman or pilot so they can drive/fly the vehicle.

Be aware this changes the possible weapons they can get out of the crate.

Another VAS related question/problem: I replaced the function folder as instructed with multiple posts in here and now I can load my saved presets but the main tabs (Weapons, Magazines etc) fail to load anything. Anyone running into this?

No updates yet? As far as i can remember, there have been some major issues with the first version and i wanted to wait for a first "fixed" update version.

Roy (or anyone else who can help):

I have figured out how to add new redeploy locations (I changed the location of the northern marina, and added a location to the hangar section of the main Altis airstrip, and altered them so that instead of going to a redeploy flag, you go to a locked Ghosthawk that has the redeploy option), but I am now running into a problem.

I am building an altered version that includes JDog's USS Nimitz mod, and I am trying to add a redeploy location on the flight deck. I have added the Ghosthawk, the redeploy markers, and added the required lines in the mpsf\init.sqf file... but whenever I test it out, the redeploying soldier teleports to the bottom of the sea in the furthest southwest corner of the map... nowhere NEAR where the marker is placed.

So two things: One, how can I set the marker height so that it will redeploy a soldier onto the actual flight deck, and two, how do I make it so that the soldier actually redeploys to the vicinity of the marker instead of literally as far away from it as you can get?

Will be back with new update soon(ish) + answers to questions. RL has taken all my time away.

Been playing this a lot on my server with some buddies. Really great stuff. One thing we have some issues with is the defend mission type. Seems pretty strict at the moment for fail scenarios. Not sure if it's tied to a single enemy making it into a specified trigger area within the town or a friendly unit passing too far outside the town's border but depending on the building positions and terrain both of those are hard to control. My personal recommendation would be to turn it into a timed defense as a solution. The UAV, defense and mine tasks also seem to be heavily stacked in the rotation.

good to hear roy, really looking forward to the next version. HeadlessClient implementation is quite rare and helps a lot! thx for your work

I have two questions about this mission. How can I add some vehicule mod (F18 for example) in the mission, and how can I spawn it in the base?

I have two questions about this mission. How can I add some vehicule mod (F18 for example) in the mission, and how can I spawn it in the base?

Quite simply you need to open the mission up in the editor after you have extracted the mission folder from the PBO. (I recommend using a program called eliteness) Once in the editor you can just put the empty F18 it in the mission just like every other vehicle at base. To make it respawn copy and paste the init line

_nul0 = [this,300,3600] call mpsf_fnc_setObjectRespawn;

I play on Zeddie's server that runs this mission and it's pretty great. Sometimes, though, people get the "You are not authorised to change the team" error from SquadMod even when they're squad leader. I've tried finding a determining factor as to why this is but can't find any reason for it; the person can still change the squad name but can't assign roles. The weirder thing is that by clicking my player name first on the left menu then clicking my squad name on the right menu I can add the AI manning the AA IFVs to my squad. I'm not familiar enough with Arma scripting to understand the code behind Squad Mod functions, but I'm guessing that people who get this issue are somehow being set as the team leader for the AI squad.

In the last few minutes actually, I've found that adding ALL the AI to your squad by the above somehow makes the system realize the player is, in fact, squad leader. If the player tries to add another unit, though, an AI will be set as squad lead. The following is an imgur gallery showing what I was doing:

imgur. com/a/7dVQI

(added some spaces in the link because of the post count limit...)

Hi guys,

Since the last stable patch I get this error when opening the 'settings' control or the squadmod - after the first close of the error nothing else comes up but the rpt file has a lot of errors reported.

I know something with dialogs change due to seeing _tonic release new versions of his works for VAS and TAW

Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_ListPlayers.ListScrollBar'.Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_ListGroups.ListScrollBar'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_NewGroup.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_NewGroup.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_JoinGroup.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_JoinGroup.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_MakeLeader.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_MakeLeader.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_assign1.ComboScrollBar'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_assign3.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_assign3.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_assign4.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_assign4.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_skipMission.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_skipMission.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_Close.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_squadMod/controls/mpsf_squadmod_Button_Close.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Cannot load sound 'a3\ui_f\data\sound\new1.wss'
Cannot load sound 'a3\ui_f\data\sound\onclick.wss'
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonultra.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonultra.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonhigh.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonhigh.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonmedium.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonmedium.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonlow.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonlow.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonoff.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Buttonoff.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Button3dnames.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry '....\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\....\description.ext/mpsf_player_HUDsettings/controls/mpsf_player_HUDsettings_Button3dnames.colorBackgroundFocused'.

Please file bug reports, feature requests etc. in the issue tracker for Patrol Ops: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/patrol-ops/issues

The PO devs repeatedly stated that they will not be able to consider bug reports made in the forum, as it just is too much of a hazzle when the issue tracker is so much more convenient.

Please file bug reports, feature requests etc. in the issue tracker for Patrol Ops: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/patrol-ops/issues

The PO devs repeatedly stated that they will not be able to consider bug reports made in the forum, as it just is too much of a hazzle when the issue tracker is so much more convenient.

Sure thing. I didn't because my browser is telling me the SSL cetificate for Dev-Heaven has expired. I will keep trying.

thanks for the reminder Senshi

Anyone else having this issue confirm so It can be posted?

Yeah, it's expired. Just accept it anyway and you're good to go. It's not like you are posting privacy-sensitive data anyway...

We've been playing this mission on a variety of servers but we've tended to go for the lower player pop ones. Since our group only has between 4 and 6 players, it is a real pain in the backside that crewing vehicles relies on admin being there. I know why you've done it that way, but given the size of the island it means it's impossible to do things like the Repair runway task without taking forever, or indeed possible to start with.

Additionally, the first aid thing is bugged, almost every time I'm hit and "in agony", I can move around, shoot and am completely invulnerable to enemy fire. This severely impacts on the immersion.

Is it somehow possible to see if someone was killed by friendlyfire? I've been running this mod for quite some time and the problem is teamkillers. It's really hard for admins to identify them.

Edited by Jonnis