roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

I had another thought to add to a maybe list

If you were to add a command group containing "Officer Class" as previously listed in an earlier post?

Some mission commanders like to lead the mission from Base instead of getting out into the field.

For these type of commanders, what you could do is give them a Tac HQ setup

A command Vehicle in base (No fuel so it cannot be moved about)

When an officer class is sat in the back (Mission Commander or X.O)

They have an action made available to view satellite feed or helmet cam feed

If this were static in base then it probably would not be too overpowering as the delay caused by comms on ACRE/VOIP/Teamspeak would reduce the potency of the intel being seen ......................

You could ofcourse restrict it to No thermal imaging camera, only Group leader helmet cams or not too great a sat cam zoom

Bangabobs live feed system might be of use here..............

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23890

(Just a thought, I didn't add it to the Dev heaven page as not sure if this is within the parameters of where you want to develop PO3 to)

EDIT UPDATE: It seems using @mas_usa_devg the ussocom uniform mod is the cause of our trouble. Medical system works fine in any vanilla uniform but as soon as we load a vas loadout with our ranger uniforms we can no longer receive medical attention. If you get hit you die without a bleedout. No idea why it is linked to our uniforms but perhaps Roy can shed some light on it.

Edited by Redfield-77

Now there is ARMA 2 Map pack for ARMA3, will there be any Patrol Ops mission for ARMA2 map pack? i'm really love to see it come back and brings back alot fond memories!!! :D

Just play Arma2 way more enjoyable with patrol ops.

Just play Arma2 way more enjoyable with patrol ops.

Some of our unit has already gone back to Arma 2 because of the lack of realism. The biggest issue for most of us is the amount of hits it takes to kill enemies. Roy has solved the issue in Patrol Ops but It would be nice to have something that is portable. Hopefully someone will release a damage handler script soon before we are an Arma 2 unit again :D

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Happy Yuletide :-)

I was wondering: Is there any way to have ai spawn automatically at the very beginning of each task/objective, no matter how far away players are at this point? We noticed that ai only spawns once you get close to the respective mission area (about 1km or so). This is rather immersion-breaking and also more than often enforces the old "take-a-helicopter-and-trigger-the-spawns" "strategy", so we can gather actual intel before attacking.

At any rate, Patrol Ops is currently the mission of choice. The ingenious "quick enemy takedown" feature makes the game playable, despite BIS' peculiar decision to "improve" armor values without any injury simulation whatsoever. Thanks for your hard work, roy86!

Is there a way to certain objective spawn points? say for instance I wanted to have blu for control the entire northeastern corner of the map can I clear objectives from spawning in that area, and if so how would I go about doing that?

Hey guys and Roy. I've been using this amazing mission with my clan since first release, we always have a lot of fun with it, congrats. But Since we are a closed community we don't have any problems with allowing everyone to fly helis and that kind of stuff. So, if anyone here could help me(and if it's possible) to remove the squad management system and the permission system it would be great. Because everytime someone logs into the server, we have to ask a admin to log in also and give permissions to pilots, crew man and etc. Thanks in advance to all of you.

Exciting stuff! Tried the vanilla version at it's very good! Can't wait for A2 maps too :)

Thanks a lot!

Enjoying this (these) missions however a couple of problems.

1. Helicopters tend to respawn (disappear from where you locate) back to base, very annoying when task completed and no vehicle/heli left to transport.

2. Some tasks complete as soon as you get near them rather than when you have destroyed. ie ambush convoy - get to marker hunt around miles away form convey and as soon as one player is near it task says completed. Need to set it where you first destroy vehicles and enmy around it.

3. Virtual ammo boxes so not have much selection (altered my version) as well as selection not being available on respawn (annoying you have to reselect all the time)

Now there is ARMA 2 Map pack for ARMA3, will there be any Patrol Ops mission for ARMA2 map pack? i'm really love to see it come back and brings back alot fond memories!!! :D

Work is undertaken atm to bring PO3 to A2 maps. :cool:

We have PO3.0 working on Chernarus already with Roys permission. We play every night around 1800pst to 2300pst. We usually stream from each fire team to our war room linked in my Sig.

We have PO3.0 working on Chernarus already with Roys permission. We play every night around 1800pst to 2300pst. We usually stream from each fire team to our war room linked in my Sig.

Currently we have 3 versions:

*Chernarus

*Takistan

*Sahrani

Looking to port custom A2 maps in the future with A3MP.

Currently we have 3 versions:

*Chernarus

*Takistan

*Sahrani

Looking to port custom A2 maps in the future with A3MP.

Nice <3 Sahrani. I ported Sahrani but I havent done anything with it yet. I am still waiting for Lingor. I havent ported it due to Icebreakers request but Its one of my all time favorites.

Back from the holidays :D

Many updates being tested atm so we will have a newer more intense version coming ;)

Hey Roy, I assume you are using an event handler for the "Easy Takedown" Opfors. Is there any possibility that you might release an module or mod that does this on any map or operation? I dont want to play Arma 3 anymore without realistic damage.

Hey Red,

The "Easy Takedown" is just a simple "HandleDamage" Event Handler that multiplies the damage. The code is located at mpsf\fnc\eventhandlers\fn_setDamageEH_AI.sqf. You can easily pull it out.

Happy Yuletide :-)

I was wondering: Is there any way to have ai spawn automatically at the very beginning of each task/objective, no matter how far away players are at this point? We noticed that ai only spawns once you get close to the respective mission area (about 1km or so). This is rather immersion-breaking and also more than often enforces the old "take-a-helicopter-and-trigger-the-spawns" "strategy", so we can gather actual intel before attacking.

At any rate, Patrol Ops is currently the mission of choice. The ingenious "quick enemy takedown" feature makes the game playable, despite BIS' peculiar decision to "improve" armor values without any injury simulation whatsoever. Thanks for your hard work, roy86!

Hey D,

Actually most tasks spawn the AI before you recieve the task notification. Only defend missions and ambush enemies appear after. We're tweaking the balance around radius and volume/type of enemy including a new cache system to handle a tonne more enemies but not impact server performance. This is in testing now.

Michael;2586337']Is there a way to certain objective spawn points? say for instance I wanted to have blu for control the entire northeastern corner of the map can I clear objectives from spawning in that area' date=' and if so how would I go about doing that?[/quote']

Hi Micheal,

The available locations for tasks are registered at mission start up in "po3\fnc\fn_registerLocations.sqf". The location array in there can be manipulated to exlude locations or reduce the radius of locations being retrieved.

Hey guys and Roy. I've been using this amazing mission with my clan since first release, we always have a lot of fun with it, congrats. But Since we are a closed community we don't have any problems with allowing everyone to fly helis and that kind of stuff. So, if anyone here could help me(and if it's possible) to remove the squad management system and the permission system it would be great. Because everytime someone logs into the server, we have to ask a admin to log in also and give permissions to pilots, crew man and etc. Thanks in advance to all of you.

Hi Falcao,

Cheers for the positive feedback. The squad management is a bit harder to remove. I'm working on a modular version that should allow you to pick/disable features you want and don't want. It will be in an update soon (3.2+)

To remove the "Pilot/Crewman" requirement on vehicles, edit the "po3\Patrol_Operations_3.sqf" and remove the line:

[player] spawn po3_fnc_vehicleRestrict;

Cheers and Happy New Year ;)

hello and congrats on making such an awesome mission. I am awed by how i have been playing for so long, and i have yet come across a repeat mission. May i offer some suggestions and observations?

1) Nato does not have the marshall / MLRS in game. Is it somewhere i missed? Or how can i add it in?

2) would it be possible to use the UAV that are already in game besides the recon drone? IE the UGV and the missile UAV.

3) would it be possible to have an option to have airdropped supply crates/ vehicles?

4) would it be able for the user to add mod vehicles such as the f-18 aircraft?

5) also the unit pack by massi?

observations:

using the bobcat to tow aaf aircraft to runway would cause aircraft to explode.

walking by burning vehicle would cause one to be incapacitated. (i understand if one is hurt, but being immediately incapped is strange)

thanks for your time, and im looking forward to the next update with great anticipation

Edited by nuker22110

The "Easy Takedown" is just a simple "HandleDamage" Event Handler that multiplies the damage. The code is located at mpsf\fnc\eventhandlers\fn_setDamageEH_AI.sqf. You can easily pull it out.

A small pbo that would add that eventhandler to every ai man unit would be great. :) all is better than seeing ai turn around and kill you after you put more than a few rounds in him. :(

I found the piece of code in the mission file, sadly I don't know how to make it into a (functioning) mod.

A small pbo that would add that eventhandler to every ai man unit would be great. :) all is better than seeing ai turn around and kill you after you put more than a few rounds in him. :(

I found the piece of code in the mission file, sadly I don't know how to make it into a (functioning) mod.

I put it on the spawn handler for EOS and it works there but something more universal would be extremely welcome. Functions like allUnits and forEach seem limited in scope and even if I could figure out how to apply this event handler universally coming up with a condition is just as difficult without impacting performance if you are constantly cacheing and spawning units. I have spent a lot of time on this and there is no easy answer. Adding the event handler to every unit or spawn script in your mission seems to be the only answer at the moment.

Of course just making a mission with units dropped in the editor makes it as easy as putting it in each units init.

I also play on a closed server where we have no problem allowing anyone to operate any vehicle, so thank you for the editing instructions. However, I wonder if it is possible to create a new type of "vehicle restriction" that does not rely on a player's role, but rather what they have equipped? As in, you can't fly a plane unless you are wearing a flight suit and helmet, you can't pilot a chopper unless you have pilot coveralls and a helo helmet, etc. Just wondering, since I do find it a little obnoxious when I see a jet pilot wearing a floppy boonie hat and fatigues.

I have another request, and I apologize if it was covered already (I couldn't find/didn't see any earlier mention, but I might have missed it): How do you lift the equipment restrictions, and allow a standard Virtual Ammobox? I've searched through your codes and scripts, and however it is that you created the role-limited gear options, I either cannot find it or cannot understand it.

To remove the vas limitations, copy the vas folder from tonic over this one and replace all files.

As easy as that? Considering the complexity of the rest of the coding, I was afraid to try that... but I will give it a go. (After making a backup of course.)

I've done it and it works. It was mentioned by roy86 a while back on this thread.

UPDATE:

Another option is to edit the classnames in

\po3\configs\po3_preDefinedGearLoadouts_A3_NATO.sqf

^^ replace with CSAT or AAF as required for the other player factions in the mission.

Edited by KevsnoTrev
Found more info.