roy86

[SP/MP][COOP] Patrol Operations - Official Thread

On latest build on OCB vanilla server today. No uav available from laptop at base. Missing script error.

Get data from uav mission bugged and failed at 33% download.

Build comms tower failed before we could leave base.

Valour was on the server around the same time, just wanted to make sure bugs were all recorded.

Top job. Fun was had by many.

Looking forward to release.

Cheers, preparing the next update with these fixes and some new stuff.

Update RC3.08 has been sent to contributors with a bunch of fixes and new/tweaked features.

New HUD, Role Restrictions refined with new gear layouts, tougher tasks with new task scaling implemented and many more.

Also a CSAT and AAF version will be tested in the next few days.

Check it out on OCB servers and I hope you enjoy. Release in a few days ;)

Current Licence

Hosting - At this time PO3 should ONLY be publicly hosted on OCB servers. I am ok with you hosting a private match between friends but do not host this mission publicly.

Modification - Under no circumstances are you to modify the PBO in any way. PO3 is still in development and subject to change.

Is the OCB server public?

Because the only one I'm able to find is password protected.

hey all, was able to get my hands on RC 3.07 from some public server.

Was a blast to play, my team really had a good time. Cannot wait till this is released!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Just launched Arma 3 real fast to see if any public servers had RC3.08 and sure enough i found one with out password protect. So, I jsut got my hands on it.

Thanks again OCB!!!

Is the OCB server public?

Because the only one I'm able to find is password protected.

To join the ACRE server, jump in our Teamspeak server. Our vanilla server was shut down while we cleaned older missions out.

hey all, was able to get my hands on RC 3.07 from some public server.

Was a blast to play, my team really had a good time. Cannot wait till this is released!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Just launched Arma 3 real fast to see if any public servers had RC3.08 and sure enough i found one with out password protect. So, I jsut got my hands on it.

Thanks again OCB!!!

Cheers Lordprimate, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Check below ;)

============ NEWS Update ===================

Update RC3.09 has been sent to contributors with a bunch of fixes and new/tweaked features.

NATO, CSAT and AAF version with admin ability to request UAV/UGV support for other players.

Check it out on OCB servers and I hope you enjoy. Release in a few days ;)

Current Licence

Hosting - At this time PO3 should ONLY be publicly hosted on OCB servers. I am ok with you hosting a private match between friends but do not host this mission publicly.

Modification - Under no circumstances are you to modify the PBO in any way. PO3 is still in development and subject to change.

We plan to organise a "Patrol Ops 3 Release" Coop Event this saturday with our german community (german ballerbude). Do you think you will release the final version until this saturday GMT+1 20:00 o'clock?

Or could you provide me the final version a bit earlier so we can test/play it?

We plan to organise a "Patrol Ops 3 Release" Coop Event this saturday with our german community (german ballerbude). Do you think you will release the final version until this Saturday GMT+1 20:00 o'clock?

Or could you provide me the final version a bit earlier so we can test/play it?

Hi Predator,

thats awesome to hear. OCB is hosting a launch night too kicking off at 1930hrs mainly for Aussies and our NZ counterparts do to connection rates.

The Full Release Versions will be uploaded to Dev-Heaven at approx 2100hrs GMT+11(AEDT) on 30th Nov, so you should get access to them approx 1100hrs GMT+1

Release versions are going through the final test tonight.

Cheers,

Great !!!

Can you had TaskForceRadio system in the parameters to replace acre radios, ... Well, perhaps in the next version :)

Edited by gagi

Zeus will be hosting Patrol Ops sessions this weekend

Saturday & Sunday evenings, kickoff at 18:30 hrs GMT (You may also find us running sessions during the afternoons)

So if you aren't in the bars getting legless pop by, all are welcome

(Expect an organised and managed session, we work with an overall mission commander who gives orders to the squad leaders, who then carries them out with the help of the squad members and other support assets)

More info here....... http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151063-Zeus-gaming-Nights

Edited by Terox

Is this released yet? It's the 30th (at least it is in the UK) and I can't wait to try Patrol Ops 3.

Edit: Seeing as it's only 46 minutes into the 30th, I now see how desperate this post looks :p

Edited by GDSN

Is this released yet? It's the 30th (at least it is in the UK) and I can't wait to try Patrol Ops 3.

Edit: Seeing as it's only 46 minutes into the 30th, I now see how desperate this post looks :p

Dude they are releasing it 2100hrs GMT+11 Aussy time, that means it will be released at 11.00AM here in the UK that's this morning to me and you!! See the above post, come back soon......get some sleep :)

Guys I do have one question::::how does the Administration permissions work for the Squad Management Mod? do you add something on the server---like you have '@serverside' ? if so what is in the file? I mean I'm talking about the Admin options which give you the access to 'Skip Missions' etc etc. Great mission though well done :)

Edited by daneplant

PO3 V.0 Released: DEV-HEAVEN

1hour ahead of schedule :p

Any bugs to be reported, Please use the DEV-Heaven Issues Register.

Thank you for the support and I hope you enjoy

Assigning pilot/crewman tasks can currently be done by the admin only. That admin is the guy who uses #login PASSWORD to login as the real server admin. This is to guarantee quality gameplay by preventing heli and armor griefing.

@roy: Congratulations on the release, I expect weeks of joy coming out of this mission for the community! And also a bunch of bug reports ;) .

Great! Congrats on the release, guys. Will test as soon as possible which will be by tomorrow.

First impressions (me walking around alone, checking out the base and new functions) are promising. Only thing I don't get at this time is the pilot/crewman assignment. Even though I logged in as admin, I can't use helos for example. Haven't tried (or figured out how) to "promote" other players to do so, though. Might be a good idea for public servers to block these for everyone at start, but when you only play with friends on a coop server... there should be the option to disable this feature via mission parameters.

EDIT: i figured it out. Nicely done.

Edited by Dar

the Virtual ammobox doesnt allow modded weapons to show up is there a way to fix this?

the Virtual ammobox doesnt allow modded weapons to show up is there a way to fix this?

I, too, am wondering if a parameter could be made to allow mod content, or to enable community weapons/uniforms/equipment in some other fashion. Please?

On a side note, I have been looking forward to this release since A3 Alpha was first downloaded to my hard drive. Thank you.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Updated praise level.

Nice to see that is out!!! Is single player playable?And can i port to other maps?

Big thanks for the work!

Ye, you gotta edit the configs with proper classnames found @ \patrol_ops_3_00_NATO.Altis\po3\configs

You got 3 files, 1 per faction called "po3_preDefinedGearLoadouts_A3_faction.sqf", edit the one your PO version is using.