Feint

Head Range Plus: Improved TrackIR Movement

Thanks for informing us about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Feint, I can turn my head 360 degrees and then some in the Buzzard.

Same here. MH-9 Hummingbird, John Spartan F-18 and everything else. It's my fault or mod fault?

YouTube samples:

/watch?v=l3ZlqQ0K53w Ghosthawk Gunner

/watch?v=SPItSoxDzu8 Ghosthawk Pilot

/watch?v=4XVjEzjzxTg Hummingbird

/watch?v=DPyEai9ev_k F18

nice addition to my mod folder!!! Thanks for this, its serving to be a vital addon

Hello,

I'm a great fan of this addon! Thank you for the effort you put into the addon.

EDIT: Removed the issue mentioned because it does not happen anymore.

Edited by bravo 6
Issue stoped, all ok now.

Version 2.0 is out now! Check out the link in the description.

Why have I never heard of this? I use TrackIR all the time. Feint, you have really come up with some great stuff for the ArmA community! This should be in the vanilla version of the game by default.

Loved the trailer for it!

Thanks a lot for sending us the newest version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Not compatible with Freetrack NOIR! :(

Edited by SpookyGnu

Why have I never heard of this? I use TrackIR all the time. Feint, you have really come up with some great stuff for the ArmA community! This should be in the vanilla version of the game by default.

Loved the trailer for it!

Thanks for the feedback on the trailer. I work hard on the videos and sometimes wonder if they are worth the effort. :)

This is great. This is what vanilla arma needs. 10/10

Vanilla aircraft have implemented more range to the head movement since I initially released my HRP addon. But a lot of the values they use are too limited in my opinion. But they are taking steps in the right direction. I don't know why they never implemented the 6 DOF for ground and water vehicles though.

Amazing update thank you!

Thank you!

Not compatible with Freetrack NOIR! :(

Check your settings. I've never used Freetrack so I don't have any advice to give you on settings. But I know that in TrackIR, you can turn on and off your X, Y and Z movement tracking. If that's turned off or if that's not tracked in your in-game settings, you won't see the head movement.

Thank you for the update Feint. Great additions to an already great mod.

Now if BIS only could fix the mirrors on the trucks. The angle and missing rendering of your own vehicle make them completely useless.

Can't live without TrackIR....this makes the experience so much more enjoyable.....thank you for your work:thumbsup:

Thank you for the update Feint. Great additions to an already great mod.

Now if BIS only could fix the mirrors on the trucks. The angle and missing rendering of your own vehicle make them completely useless.

The mirrors will render your vehicle if the mirror direction includes the side of your vehicle (see MH-9). Not sure if there's a way to redirect mirror direction. But yes, that would be useful.

hello Feint, fantastic mod, thank you so much for this.

Simply brilliant.

It would be too easy to blame your past performance for your craftsmanship but I'll try all the same ;)

Thanks from a TIR grognard.

Is it possible to use this mod without Track IR?

The only difference i noticed is that you can spin your head 360 degrees without Track IR. :D

A version for non Track IR users would be great.

For example when you turn your head in a vehicle to the left side you automatically lean a bit to the left to have a better view.

A-Friggin-Mazing.

Wow, this is AWESOME.

I posted on youtube as well, but youtube comments are crap so in case you don't read em.

Is it possible for you to make this work on infantry as well? It'll be buggy I know, but it would add a lot for the Rift.

Is it possible to use this mod without Track IR?

The only difference i noticed is that you can spin your head 360 degrees without Track IR. :D

A version for non Track IR users would be great.

For example when you turn your head in a vehicle to the left side you automatically lean a bit to the left to have a better view.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know of a way to do this for both users and non-users of TrackIR. I'll look into it though and see if there's anything I can change.

As for turning your head 360°, the stock range of head movement for cars and boats and most vehicles was -150° to + 150° for the y angle axis. I've expanded that to +/- 170° resulting in a change from 300° to 340°.

A-Friggin-Mazing.

Wow, this is AWESOME.

I posted on youtube as well, but youtube comments are crap so in case you don't read em.

Is it possible for you to make this work on infantry as well? It'll be buggy I know, but it would add a lot for the Rift.

Link to your video? A lot of YouTube comments are ignorant and horrible. My channel has been lucky to avoid that for the most part. I think that means I'm not popular enough. :)

The vanilla in-game head movements for infantry seem pretty good to me as is. What limitations are you finding with the Rift?