Feint

Head Range Plus: Improved TrackIR Movement

3 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Can I use this mod by servers which doesn't have it?

If the server has mod verification turned on, they'll need to whitelist the mod on the server. If it's disabled, you can use it without issue.

Latest Armaholic download doesn't have a key included?

2 hours ago, Neviothr said:

Would someone without TrackIR benefit from this?

On 1/2/2017 at 3:29 AM, feint said:

I believe you can still use this with the freelook system, but it's a bit squanchy.  You have to set a key to activate freelook, and then set keys or mouse inputs to the head movements.  If you have rudder pedals, perhaps you could set the toe brakes to the left/right head movements.  I use those for lean, but in an aircraft, you don't lean.  Let me know if you try this and it works.  I don't see why it wouldn't.

• Like 1

Version 2.5 RELEASED!

I've added support for the Mission Enhanced Little Birds including the versions that RHS uses.

• Like 2

Fient,

This is a weird question, but how can I test if this mod is working properly. I have Opentrack for TrackIR and it works great. When I am flying the Pawnee or driving a Prowler, I see no difference with this mod enabled. Is there an easy test to see if it is working as needed?

Thanks

On 3.1.2017 at 1:47 AM, afevis said:

If the server has mod verification turned on, they'll need to whitelist the mod on the server. If it's disabled, you can use it without issue.

one more question in case mod is installed to server, does every client need to install it as well or can they just join without it?

Wooooo, almost the two year anniversary from when I first released this.  Check out the newest version, 2.6 that now supports planes and helicopters from the Community Upgrade Project!!

I started down the path of redoing all of the inheritances to make them more "correct" and avoid any future potential errors.  But I couldn't get some things to work.  So I held down UNDO and erased about a days worth of work.  If it aint broke yet, don't fit it yet.  :)

Either way, I tested everything and didn't find any errors.  If anyone finds anything wrong, please let me know.

FYI, I know that on the little birds, the FOV and range of motion for the y axis (panning view left and right) is still limited for the ViewCopilot turret.  Same with on the AH-64 / AH-1 and...another helicopter that I can't remember.  I'll fix this up in a future update once I get it working correctly.  I didn't want to wait to release this.

Edited by feint
VERSION 2.6 RELEASED!!
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

Fient,

This is a weird question, but how can I test if this mod is working properly. I have Opentrack for TrackIR and it works great. When I am flying the Pawnee or driving a Prowler, I see no difference with this mod enabled. Is there an easy test to see if it is working as needed?

Thanks

The rule is, "I before E except after C, or sounds like "A" as in neighbor or Feint."  ;)

To see what the ViewPilot or ViewCoPilot or ViewCargo values are for a vehicle, best thing to do is to put the vehicle down in the editor, right click on it and choose, "Find in Config Viewer".  Then you can navigate that specific vehicle and see what the minMove and maxMove values are set to. Mainly, I've modified the X, Y and Z min and max values which allows one the "6 degrees of freedom" that TrackIR advertises.  I've also often modified the min and max values for turning your head, but not always.  This is to avoid hitting an invisible wall when turning your head.

Having said that, it's probably best to keep the Head Range Plus addon above other addons you are running to ensure that the values set by HRP are the ones adopted.  However, an addon maker obviously has the right to overide default settings or even my settings by setting their own inheritance structure for their vehicles.  It gets complicated once everyone starts modifying everything.  So what you end up with depends on several factors, many of which I have no control over.  i hope this helps.

Feint,

Most definitely. Thanks for the explanation.

My pleasure.  It makes such a big difference when it's not there that now it really bothers me when you can't move your head.  LOL. 

• Like 3

Version 2.9 is now available.

Fixes the FOV bug again and adds support for Jets DLC (which is now required).  Check it out on Steam here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=630737877

• Like 1

Would it be possible to divide this into two pbos, one without the requirement to own the dlc and one specifically for the dlc planes? That way people owning the dlc can add the 'optional' dlc-pbo and people who don't own it could just use the 'main' pbo.

1 minute ago, belbo said:

Would it be possible to divide this into two pbos, one without the requirement to own the dlc and one specifically for the dlc planes? That way people owning the dlc can add the 'optional' dlc-pbo and people who don't own it could just use the 'main' pbo.

I thought about this for a while.  Unfortunately, for various reasons, I'm sticking with making the Jets DLC required.  Some of my reasons are:

• Two versions would create a lot of compatibility issues with Multiplayer
  • Two versions would just confuse people, I'm afraid.
  • Two versions could create a lot of questions from users that would require me to answer taking time away from working on mods and addons

I wish there was a way of doing this with one download or one subscription, but it's not possible.  Sorry.

20 minutes ago, feint said:

I wish there was a way of doing this with one download or one subscription, but it's not possible.  Sorry.

I was more thinking along the line of one download wit the main pbo in the addons-folder and the dlc-pbo in an 'optional' folder. But well, maybe one day. :)