Feint

Head Range Plus: Improved TrackIR Movement

As for turning your head 360°, the stock range of head movement for cars and boats and most vehicles was -150° to + 150° for the y angle axis. I've expanded that to +/- 170° resulting in a change from 300° to 340°.

Ok but without Track IR you can spin your head unlimited in one direction. :D

But you can move your head with Alt+Numpad 4/6/8/2 to the sides out of the car windows.

Edited by Meiestrix

Great mod! Do you plan to make it compatible with RHS vehicles (Mi-8, Mi-24...)?

Hi !

First I want to congratulate for the great work with the HRP!

I would like to know if there is any plans to enhance the TrackIR 6DOF (ARMA3) to provide the up and down movement as it does in DCS, Xplane and other simulators?

Regards

Jether

Ok but without Track IR you can spin your head unlimited in one direction. :D

But you can move your head with Alt+Numpad 4/6/8/2 to the sides out of the car windows.

If you aren't using TrackIR, you probably won't get a lot out of this addon.

Great mod! Do you plan to make it compatible with RHS vehicles (Mi-8, Mi-24...)?

It's a little more complicated with the helicopters as they often contain specificly named turrets for copilots. So I can't just set a general "this is the new head range" for class helicopters and have that be it. The values I've set for Vanilla helicopters were all tweaked specifically also because their cockpits are all different. If I were you, I'd contact RHS developers and request that they implement some of the similar values that I've set for vanilla vehicles. I don't think it's proper for me to modify the addons of another developer. They might have gameplay reasons for not implementing the expanded head range (such as limited cockpit models that are revealed when you can look over your shoulder).

Hi !

First I want to congratulate for the great work with the HRP!

I would like to know if there is any plans to enhance the TrackIR 6DOF (ARMA3) to provide the up and down movement as it does in DCS, Xplane and other simulators?

Regards

Jether

Thanks Jether. The up and down movement is present in some of the vehicles and aircraft already. Unfortunately, the range appears to be hard coded because in my testing I wasn't able to move my head down to my belly button level as you can in FSX and other flight sims. I tried a ton of different values and poked around a lot, but just couldn't get it to expand the range much further than what is already present in the vanilla game. Next time I update this addon, I'll take a look and see if that hard limit has been changed by BI as it's also a feature that I personally want, especially for the aircraft.

Hi there Feint

I've recently bought into the whole TrackIR shebang and after 8+ years of ARMA) I can't believe I waited this long!

Anyway, I've been playing around with your HRP mod today and it makes the world of difference to vehicles!

I noticed in testing, that bench positions on the MH6 and commander positions on armoured vehicles that may have previously supported HRP, now no longer do so.

I suspect it's to do with this years inclusion of 'person turrets' in Bohemias updates.

I realise you are less active here nowadays, and it's by no means a deal breaker as far as using HRP is concerned.

I was hoping, however, you might consider revisiting and updating, to take into account this years changes?

Best Regards

E

• Like 1

Hi there Feint

I've recently bought into the whole TrackIR shebang and after 8+ years of ARMA) I can't believe I waited this long!

Anyway, I've been playing around with your HRP mod today and it makes the world of difference to vehicles!

I noticed in testing, that bench positions on the MH6 and commander positions on armoured vehicles that may have previously supported HRP, now no longer do so.

I suspect it's to do with this years inclusion of 'person turrets' in Bohemias updates.

I realise you are less active here nowadays, and it's by no means a deal breaker as far as using HRP is concerned.

I was hoping, however, you might consider revisiting and updating, to take into account this years changes?

Best Regards

E

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll look into it.  I previously looked into the armored commander positions for a few days and was not able to find a solution.  In any vehicle, once in FFV view, you won't be able to move your head around, which is an engine constraint.  But when not in FFV view, you should still be able to move your head around I would think.  I'll see if I can figure it out.

You can subscribe to this mod now on Steam which should make receiving updates easier.  Link is in the first post.

• Like 1

How have I missed this add-on all this time? Well, I've discovered it now. Subscribed, and thanks. Looking forward to trying this out. I find helicopters to be "ok" with vanilla arma and trackir, but it looks like the real bread and butter of this mod is in land-based vehicles..

• Like 1

Updated mod v2.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Feint , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Many thanks but what's new in v2.1?

Your changelog on intial post offers no details on v2.1

- - - - stop pres - - - - 

Neither does your website but I gleaned this from Armaholic:

v2.1
- Steam Workshop version - minor tweaks to values and UI graphics 

So maybe add this update to your website and initial post?

Many thanks but what's new in v2.1?

Your changelog on intial post offers no details on v2.1

- - - - stop pres - - - - 

Neither does your website but I gleaned this from Armaholic:

v2.1

- Steam Workshop version - minor tweaks to values and UI graphics 

So maybe add this update to your website and initial post?

I apologize for that and appreciate the reminder.  I usually keep the changelogs only on the BI forums and not on my website in case I forget to update one and not the other.  The changelog on the initial post has been updated.

Yes, version 2.1 has minor tweaks to all values and I've launched it on Steam.  Thanks for PlayWithSix and Armaholic for also updating those mirrors.  That's very awesome!  :)

I know Dslyecxi reached out to me to update this addon to include some of the tank commanders who couldn't move their heads easily.  I looked and looked and could not find the dependency that I needed to change to fix this.  There is some inherited value that's just simply not visible to me despite hours of searching and testing.  I wish there was a tool that could tell me the exact pbo I need to crack open to find the original original values I'm looking for in configs.  Even if I can find the name of the config, finding the .pbo it's in is often very tricky.

• Like 1

Many thanks for pushing out an update for this. Greatly appreciated.  :D

• Like 1

I don't know how I could do to get me this mod until today...

I've installed it yesterday but i've got a big bug: when I want to look at my map, it goes down alone without possibility of stopping...

If i disable the mod, the map works again.

Any idea?

Thanks for the hard work you've put into creating this mod, it is incredibly useful even for players who aren't using TrackIR.

Unfortunately your mod doesn't seem to currently support the new vehicles which were released with Apex. Flying the new VTOL aircraft in 1st person without the head movement that your mod provides is frustrating.

You may already be working on an update to fix this but I thought I would ask just in case.

Thanks for reading  :)

Thanks for the hard work you've put into creating this mod, it is incredibly useful even for players who aren't using TrackIR.

Unfortunately your mod doesn't seem to currently support the new vehicles which were released with Apex. Flying the new VTOL aircraft in 1st person without the head movement that your mod provides is frustrating.

You may already be working on an update to fix this but I thought I would ask just in case.

Thanks for reading  :)

Understood.  Honestly I haven't even looked at the new vehicles or maps from Apex yet.  Been too busy with RL.  I'll take a look when I can and add in the new vehicles if I can.  Thanks for your kind words and support.  :)

• Like 1

I don't know how I could do to get me this mod until today...

I've installed it yesterday but i've got a big bug: when I want to look at my map, it goes down alone without possibility of stopping...

If i disable the mod, the map works again.

Any idea?

I'll try to duplicate the problem.  I've never heard of this happening from anyone else.  My initial thoughts are that you should take a look at your key mapping and ensure that you don't have TrackIR head movements mapped accidentally to other movement keys that would effect the movement of the map.  Try taking off your TrackIR and then going into the map to see if it's a key mapping problem.  Also, try deactivating all mods except mine and see if the problem persists.

Hello Feint,

Not sure if you are still working on this but would it be possible to integrade this into the free look system of Arma 3 ?

that would be awesome for first person user without trackIR

Thanks,

Version 2.2 Released!

Changelog:

Added support for the Pacific VTOL aircraft.

• Like 5

On 10/12/2016 at 0:12 PM, DatSync said:

Hello Feint,

Not sure if you are still working on this but would it be possible to integrade this into the free look system of Arma 3 ?

that would be awesome for first person user without trackIR

Thanks,

I believe you can still use this with the freelook system, but it's a bit squanchy.  You have to set a key to activate freelook, and then set keys or mouse inputs to the head movements.  If you have rudder pedals, perhaps you could set the toe brakes to the left/right head movements.  I use those for lean, but in an aircraft, you don't lean.  Let me know if you try this and it works.  I don't see why it wouldn't.

Hi feint!...Thanks for continuing to support this most invaluable mod....and a Happy New Year to you too.