Feint

Head Range Plus: Improved TrackIR Movement

Hey Feint, just one thing, if you fly in the little bird with doors, you can still go outside the window with your head.

I don't know if that depends from the doors of the little bird or else, just letting you know!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Looks great Feint. Well done.

Are us addon makers going to be able to add compatibility without creating dependency?

Or we're going to have to rely on you to add each and every addon to your revisions?

Worst case maybe addon makers can give their vehicle HRP by providing an optional PBO file?

Would be nice if Bohemia had animations for when players incrementally lean in a vehicle. SOME DAY!

Hey Feint, just one thing, if you fly in the little bird with doors, you can still go outside the window with your head.

I don't know if that depends from the doors of the little bird or else, just letting you know!

If you are making your own MH-9 or AH-9 addon with doors, then I would add the following to your own config:

// XH-9 HELICOPTERS (AH-9 AND MH-9)
   class Helicopter_Base_H;
   class Heli_Light_01_base_F;
   class YOUR_NEW_HELICOPTER:Heli_Light_01_base_F
   {
       class ViewPilot: ViewPilot
       {
           // Field of View Limits
           initFov = 1;
           minFov = 0.3;
           maxFov = 1.2;

// Head tilt up and down limits
           initAngleX = 0;
           minAngleX = -75; // -65
           maxAngleX = 85;

// Head rotate left and right limits
           initAngleY = 0;
           minAngleY = -170;
           maxAngleY = 170;

//How far can the head be moved to the sides left and right
           minMoveX = -0.5;//-0.1;
           maxMoveX = 0.5;//0.1;

//How far can the head be moved up and down
           minMoveY = -0.025;//-0.025;  // CHANGING THIS TO -1 HAS NO EFFECT // 0.5 SEEMS OK
           maxMoveY = 0.1;//0.05; 

//How far can the head be moved forward and backward
           minMoveZ = -0.30;//-0.1;
           maxMoveZ = 0.5;//0.1;
       };
   };

Hope this helps. If you are just adding the doors in the init of the vehicle in the editor, then there's no way to change the head movement, unfortunately, since it's a config item. The only way to change the head movement is via config.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Gnat;2555582']Looks great Feint. Well done.

Are us addon makers going to be able to add compatibility without creating dependency?

Or we're going to have to rely on you to add each and every addon to your revisions?

Worst case maybe addon makers can give their vehicle HRP by providing an optional PBO file?

Well' date=' let me answer by giving an example... If you create a new XH-9 aircraft, and you want the same HRP functionality in your aircraft that the HRP-modified aircraft have, you can make your new aircraft a subclass of "Heli_Light_01_base_F;". Then, if the player has HRP installed as one of their addons and it is listed above your new aircraft, then your new aircraft should inherit the HRP values. In this case, your addon aircraft isn't dependent on HRP. On the other hand, if you wanted to require that HRP values were included in your aircraft, (not recommended), then in your CfgPatches, you could list "HeadRangePlus" as one of the required addons.

If you create a new aircraft that does not inherit any of the classes I've listed in the original post, then you could either create your own head range values and add them to your config (recommended) or you could ask me and I could update HRP to include values that would work for your aircraft (which would require a bit of testing and might slow down the development process).

Please feel free to open the HRP pbo and have a look if you haven't already. I hope this answers your question. The minMoveX, maxMoveX, minMoveY, maxMoveY, minMoveZ, and maxMoveZ values were added by BI for everyone. I don't own them and I can't claim any ownership over them. If you have your own head range values you want to add to your own aircraft creations, please do so freely, my friend. :)

Does that answer your question?

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

Would be nice if Bohemia had animations for when players incrementally lean in a vehicle. SOME DAY!

I would settle for unlocking the torso and trigger finger when performing a non-driving cargo animation. Then we could twist our upper bodies, lean forward and backward, and shoot.

Feint, I can turn my head 360 degrees and then some in the Buzzard. Adopted the mod for my group for those with TrackIR though I'm not the one using it. :p

If you are making your own MH-9 or AH-9 addon with doors, then I would add the following to your own config:

// XH-9 HELICOPTERS (AH-9 AND MH-9)
   class Helicopter_Base_H;
   class Heli_Light_01_base_F;
   class YOUR_NEW_HELICOPTER:Heli_Light_01_base_F
   {
       class ViewPilot: ViewPilot
       {
           // Field of View Limits
           initFov = 1;
           minFov = 0.3;
           maxFov = 1.2;

// Head tilt up and down limits
           initAngleX = 0;
           minAngleX = -75; // -65
           maxAngleX = 85;

// Head rotate left and right limits
           initAngleY = 0;
           minAngleY = -170;
           maxAngleY = 170;

//How far can the head be moved to the sides left and right
           minMoveX = -0.5;//-0.1;
           maxMoveX = 0.5;//0.1;

//How far can the head be moved up and down
           minMoveY = -0.025;//-0.025;  // CHANGING THIS TO -1 HAS NO EFFECT // 0.5 SEEMS OK
           maxMoveY = 0.1;//0.05; 

//How far can the head be moved forward and backward
           minMoveZ = -0.30;//-0.1;
           maxMoveZ = 0.5;//0.1;
       };
   };

Hope this helps. If you are just adding the doors in the init of the vehicle in the editor, then there's no way to change the head movement, unfortunately, since it's a config item. The only way to change the head movement is via config.

Thank you for the explanation, very clear!

Does not work in version 1.04. I think that just takes the DEV. The Y-axis and Z is not working.
It has nothing to do with stable or dev branch, it's because you have to remap your "keys".

Remove :

Zoom in : TrackIR -tZ

Zoom out : TrackIR +tZ

Add :

Head up : TrackIR +tY

Head forward : TrackIR -tZ

Reduce the sensitivity for your Z and Y axis in your TrackIR profile

I scratch my head a few days before realising it was that simple

It has nothing to do with stable or dev branch, it's because you have to remap your "keys".

Remove :

Add :

Thanks! :D

Loving the mod! Our server admin threw the mod at me yesterday and after adjusting my z and x axis in the profile I'm really happy with being able to squeeze into way smaller landing zones.

There are only two issues I encountered;

1. I use a tenkeyless keyboard, seeing that re-centering is set to numpad 5 that means I have no access to it incase I accidentally hit ctrl+q/e or accidentally using ctrl+mouse and offsetting my viewpoint (it did on at least 2 occasions). Would appreciate a more accessible way of zeroing or the ability to turn this off completely.

2. It is possible to phase your head through the canopy glass on the H-9s.

My server admin also reported using the keyboard commands it is possible to spin one's head 360 degrees exorcist style :)

Aside from that I don't know how I've been flying without this all this while. Thank you Feint.

Edited by Machineabuse
Further testing

Loving the mod! Our server admin threw the mod at me yesterday and after adjusting my z and x axis in the profile I'm really happy with being able to squeeze into way smaller landing zones.

There are only two issues I encountered;

1. I use a tenkeyless keyboard, seeing that re-centering is set to numpad 5 that means I have no access to it incase I accidentally hit ctrl+q/e or accidentally using ctrl+mouse and offsetting my viewpoint (it did on at least 2 occasions). Would appreciate a more accessible way of zeroing or the ability to turn this off completely.

2. It is possible to phase your head through the canopy glass on the H-9s.

My server admin also reported using the keyboard commands it is possible to spin one's head 360 degrees exorcist style :)

Aside from that I don't know how I've been flying without this all this while. Thank you Feint.

In answer to your first question, what you are changing is the default in-game way of changing your view position. Go under your view settings and the default key commands are there for changing your view. Here's the where it's located:

viewSettings_LR.jpg

--Click to enlarge--

Just change this to something that is on your tenkeyless keyboard and you should be good to go. As for turning off the Ctrl + mouse move to change head position, I couldn't find a setting that would disable that.

In answer to your second question, yes it is possible for me to set it up that way, but I've tried to set the settings so that doesn't happen. If you want that to happen, you can modify the file so that the forward/backward limits are expanded. Just unpbo the file with something like Eliteness and you will see where the specific setting is for the XH-9 helicopters.

---------- Post added at 09:26 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Remove :

Add :

Thanks for this info. I had done this a while ago and forgot about it. I think this will help a lot of people.

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

Feint, I can turn my head 360 degrees and then some in the Buzzard. Adopted the mod for my group for those with TrackIR though I'm not the one using it. :p

Do you mean 180 degrees? I just re-tested both Buzzards and the head turn limits appear fine to me. I've set them to -170 and 170 min and max respectively, but for some reason the game increases it a little to be a bit more than 180 degrees. If you can turn your head a full 360 degrees with TrackIR, I'm not sure what's happening there.

Circle.gif

Thank you very much! I love BIS community!

Well done and appreciated addon.

Finally gave this a shot...I really like the extended range, though when I lean forward (zoom) now, it looks like I stick my head clear through the windscreen. :p

Other than that, seems good...Does this mod increase TrackIR sensitivity in-game? It seems more sensitive than my normal profile.

In answer to your first question, what you are changing is the default in-game way of changing your view position. Go under your view settings and the default key commands are there for changing your view. Here's the where it's located:

Just change this to something that is on your tenkeyless keyboard and you should be good to go. As for turning off the Ctrl + mouse move to change head position, I couldn't find a setting that would disable that.

That worked perfectly, thanks! I set my zero to a chorded bind on the same mouse button I use to zero my TIR. All is well now :)

In answer to your second question, yes it is possible for me to set it up that way, but I've tried to set the settings so that doesn't happen. If you want that to happen, you can modify the file so that the forward/backward limits are expanded. Just unpbo the file with something like Eliteness and you will see where the specific setting is for the XH-9 helicopters.

It wasn't a question; my bad. Just letting you know that with the H-9s as is leaning forward will easily put your head through the windshield. I wager that you've tuned your current TIR profile within the Z-limit of the H-9 envelope. For what it's worth, all the other aircraft work great with only minor clipping with gross head movements. I will however look into decompiling the PBO to see if I can tune the Z a little bit. Thanks again~

Other than that, seems good...Does this mod increase TrackIR sensitivity in-game? It seems more sensitive than my normal profile.

In effect yes! The mod makes your TIR more sensitive because the envelopes in the game are now larger, so in effect the same amount of physical head motion will equal a larger degree of movement ingame.

It wasn't a question; my bad. Just letting you know that with the H-9s as is leaning forward will easily put your head through the windshield. I wager that you've tuned your current TIR profile within the Z-limit of the H-9 envelope. For what it's worth, all the other aircraft work great with only minor clipping with gross head movements. I will however look into decompiling the PBO to see if I can tune the Z a little bit. Thanks again~

You're welcome. Yeah, I think the range on the XH-9s might be a bit too much. I'll probably tweak it a bit when/if I update it.

You're welcome. Yeah, I think the range on the XH-9s might be a bit too much. I'll probably tweak it a bit when/if I update it.

Looking forward to it!

Really like this option you are providing here to the pilots with this addon.

I have a question regarding realistic movement on a little bird cockpit:

Q: Will a pilot be able to look at the tail rotor when the seatbets are on?

On the vídeo at 0:20 secs you look at the tail rotor, is it really possible to do that while flying a real little bird with the seatbelts on?

Thanks and Regards,

b6

can someone confirm a bug for me. or Feint, if this is suppose to happen, post up...

launch your game with @HRP...

go into the editor and place any plane down you have, IE if your running any other mods that have planes..

preview the mission.

while in the pilot seat, press, "Ctrl" and while holding "Ctrl" move your mouse.

you will see your head change position.

However, there is no "AutoCenter" or anything that brings your view back to center. You have to hold Ctrl again and move your mouse to recenter your view which is near impossible when your flying or doing Anything, other then sitting on the tarmac.

I thought it was a part of the game until i removed @HRP from my mod list.

I cannot find ANYTHING in documentation for @HRP to fix this, so Feint, if you can please look into this it would be great. as of now this is a game breaker for me because "Ctrl" is a very integral key .. and i can No Longer use HRP due to this problem .. I have been having problems for a while i am glad to figure out that @HRP is the issue and that all I had to do was remove it from my mod list.

That however, is not my desired result, if you can fix it feint please do!!

PS, i have gone threw all my key binds and i Can Not find anything related to this issue. I couldnt unbind "Ctrl" from anything that resembeled the issue. So i had no way to correct it on my end, i can only Assume that this is a inherent problem with HRP, as in the Config there is no mention of Ctrl...

Edited by Lordprimate

i dont think this is part of the mod, as this was happening to me well before i installed @hrp.

it's quite annoying, especially when you're trying to switch acre radios using ctrl+shift+a. let me know if you find a fix.

can someone confirm a bug for me. or Feint, if this is suppose to happen, post up...

launch your game with @HRP...

go into the editor and place any plane down you have, IE if your running any other mods that have planes..

preview the mission.

while in the pilot seat, press, "Ctrl" and while holding "Ctrl" move your mouse.

you will see your head change position.

However, there is no "AutoCenter" or anything that brings your view back to center. You have to hold Ctrl again and move your mouse to recenter your view which is near impossible when your flying or doing Anything, other then sitting on the tarmac.

Sorry when i go offtopic, but that is allready in vanilla arma 3.

Disable the mod, disable trackir, place a littlebird in editor, get in as pilot and hold "ctrg" and now press once "e" or "q".

When u do that u have different lean stances.....and there is a zero value.

I encountered that problem cause "decrease thrust" is on ctrg on my keyboard so everytime i try to land i leaned out of my bird :D

got it fixed but that was really annoying.....

hope i was able to help

yea it doesnt happen when this mod is not enabled.. that is why i thought it was this one.. i cannot press ctrl and move my mouse and have my head move. only when @hrp is running. Ill look into it deeper though, as it didnt make sense. I dont see anything in @hrp that would cause this behavior but like i said it only happens when im running hrp. based on what you all are saying it might be a custom key bind issue.. the digging begins

Lordprimate, Feint showed me how to fix that on the previous page.

You want to go into your control options and in "View" bind "Center Head Move" to perhaps "CTRLx2" since you don't use that in vehicles.

While it doesn't seem possible to turn off the CTRL head movement, it is useful if you for some reason need to lock your lateral head movement in a position that takes strain off your neck, such as looking into the rear of the Mohawk to check your passengers or having your head out the side of a littlebird for a roof insertion.

Thx Feint for this nice mod. Now F/A18 also support it. Great! I must repeat spec's question cause i also love vehicles. Any plans to support these? :P

Version 1.1 is now ready for download! Check out the first post for updated download information and a new video!

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Any ETA on Land vehicles?

I've looked at it and it looks more complicated than I originally thought (for the tanks, at least). So I'm going to see what I can do for cars to begin with and then move forward from there.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Really like this option you are providing here to the pilots with this addon.

I have a question regarding realistic movement on a little bird cockpit:

Q: Will a pilot be able to look at the tail rotor when the seatbets are on?

On the vídeo at 0:20 secs you look at the tail rotor, is it really possible to do that while flying a real little bird with the seatbelts on?

Thanks and Regards,

b6

I actually flew a helicopter the other day! It was the most fun thing I have ever done. The instructor actually allowed me to take the controls for a large portion of the flight. He called me "sim boy". I did pretty well, but he didn't let me control the collective, which made my inputs feel strange to me.

Anyway, the way the seatbelts worked, at least in the Hughes 269 that I was in, is that you strap yourself in tightly, but there is built in slack attached to tensioners. So basically, you are strapped in tightly, but you can still lean forward and turn your chest due to the slack. You aren't strapped in like a fighter pilot is. So yes, if there was not a door in my way, I could have probably leaned out and looked at the tail rotor, maybe not as far as in the game, but pretty far.

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Lordprimate, Feint showed me how to fix that on the previous page.

You want to go into your control options and in "View" bind "Center Head Move" to perhaps "CTRLx2" since you don't use that in vehicles.

While it doesn't seem possible to turn off the CTRL head movement, it is useful if you for some reason need to lock your lateral head movement in a position that takes strain off your neck, such as looking into the rear of the Mohawk to check your passengers or having your head out the side of a littlebird for a roof insertion.

Yeah, this can be an annoying thing in Arma 3 that is revealed by the increased range of motion that my addon provides. It's a vanilla feature, by the way, not something that I've added. It happens when you hold down left control and move your mouse.

To center your head movement, go into your View settings and look for Center Head. I think the default is Left Control Numpad 5. You can keep that or change it to something you like better.

For an actual fix, I recommend submitting a ticket to Bohemia Interactive to enable or disable Left Control plus mouse movement to move the head. It should just be a keystroke combination, in my opinion. Maybe there IS a switch to disable this and I've not seen it yet.