Required game:

=================

Arma3

Required addons:

=================

None

Installation:

=================

Extract the contents of the download to your main Arma 3 directory.

For example: H:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@HRP.

Activate Head Range Plus in your expansions configuration menu in the game.

Create the game shortcut on the desktop and in the target properties of this shortcut set following:

-mod=@HRP

Another option is to use any community made Game MOD Launcher.

Description:

=================

This addon will increase the limits in head movement that are possible in first person view. If you are using TrackIR, you will see the largest benefit.

This work is based on code originally written by kju for Take On Helicopters. I asked for and received his permission to work on this and add to it.

Features:

=================

-Added ability to move head side to side and forward and backward and up and down (6 DOF) when in first person for all Vanilla vehicles.

-Head movements customized for each aircraft vehicle

CLASSNAMES MODIFIED BY THIS ADDON:

VANILLA VEHICLES:

Heli_Light_01_base_F

Heli_Attack_01_base_F

Heli_Transport_01_base_F

Heli_Light_02_base_F

Heli_Transport_02_base_F

Heli_Attack_02_base_F

Plane_Fighter_03_base_F

SDV_01_base_F

O_Plane_CAS_02_F

B_Plane_CAS_01_F

VTOL_Base_F

Ship_F

Car_F

Tank

RHS VEHICLES:

RHS_MELB_base

CUP PLANES:

CUP_L39_base

CUP_SU34_BASE

CUP_C130J_Base (ViewPilot and ViewCargo)

CUP_F35B_base

CUP_AV8B_Base

CUP_B_MV22_USMC (ViewPilot and ViewCargo and copilot Turret)

CUP_A10_Base

CUP_DC3_Base (ViewPilot and ViewCargo)

CUP HELICOPTERS:

CUP_Ka52_Base
(All others are fine for now)

OTHER ADDONS:

MELB_base

VEHICLES SPECIFICALLY CUSTOMIZED BY THIS ADDON:

AIRPLANES:

A-143

To-199 Neophron

A-164 Wipeout

All CUP airplanes

VTOL:

V-44 X Blackfish VTOL

Y-32 Xi'an VTOL

HELICOPTERS:

MH-9 and AH-9

MI-48

AH-99

UH-80

CH-49

PO-30

Mission Enhanced Little Birds (including RHS versions)

CUP Ka52 and variants

SUBMARINES:

SDV submarine

TANKS:

All vanilla tanks including vehicles inheriting "Tank" class

CARS:

All vanilla cars including vehicles inheriting "Car_F" class

BOATS:

All vanilla ships including vehicles inheriting "Ship_F" class

Bikey:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQshG747KqKWUNEMjRLMVRFTjg/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:

Version 1.0 - Initial Release
Version 1.1 - Added support for Neophron and Wipeout CAS jets
Version 2.0 - Added support for Cars, ships and tanks
Version 2.1 - Steam Workshop version - minor tweaks to values and UI graphics
Version 2.2 - Added support for Pacific VTOL aircraft
Version 2.3 - Fixed up graphics and mod.cpp
Version 2.5 - Added support for MELB (original and RHS versions)
Version 2.6 - Added support for all CUP airplanes and helicopters, fixed "author not an array" error

Credits:

=================

Special thanks to kju for allowing me to modify his work originally created for Take On Helicopters.

Disclaimer:

=================

Any unauthorized modification of the released files is not allowed without any written permission by the author(s).

You are using those files at your own risk.

Author(s) of those files are not liable for any damage or loss of data caused by using of those files.

Usage of those files is also prohibited for any commercial purposes.

SUBSCRIBE ON STEAM:

mod_HeadRangePlus.png?resize=300,300

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=630737877

MIRRORS:

news_download_a3_3.png

@hrp.png

Edited by feint
Version 2.6 RELEASED!
  • Like 6

Please! Add your profile the TrackIR. If possible! Thank you for a great MOD! ;) Does not work in version 1.04. I think that just takes the DEV. The Y-axis and Z is not working.

Edited by ThorBrasil

Great job as usual Feint. As ThorBrasil requested, is there any way you can upload your profile so that we can work off of that? I'm still trying to figure my TrackIR out. Also, is that a special made script for the guy "air marshaling" you down at the last few seconds of the video?

Great work Feint. I look forward to trying this out. Congrats on release. I wonder is it possible to do the same thing to infantry by increasing the vertical range. So that it is possible to look over walls/objects/windows briefly without the mechanical movement of the stance modifier?

Great mod dude!!!

BTW, Could you add this fantastic 6DOF to the FA-18 mod? I mean adding it to your 6dof list.

Just tried this and just wanted to say, fantastic job!

I havent spent a great deal of time playing with it yet, but already I "feel" the helo more. Just pulled off some landings on a fairly small roof and the freedom you now get is just fab! I didnt even have to cheat to 3rd person view in order to provide that essential situational aswareness overview.

It did require some tweaking of my trackir profile, and I'm sure more tweaks are to come! But great job again mate, thanks very much.

Edited by Ratcatcher722

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just tried this and just wanted to say, fantastic job!

I havent spent a great deal of time playing with it yet, but already I "feel" the helo more. Just pulled off some landings on a failry small roof and the freedom you now get is just fab! I didnt even have to cheat to 3rd person view in order to provide that essential situational aswareness overview.

It did require some tweaking of my trackir profile, and I'm sure more tweaks are to come! But great job again mate, thanks very much.

Thanks for the nice review. That was my impression of this addon too, that it just added to one's situational awareness and added to the feel of vehicles.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

I'll post the profile that I use later on today along with a few tips. Thanks for everyone's feedback and comments. As for adding this to the FA-18 addon, that would add a dependency to this addon which I want to avoid. But if the creators of that aircraft want tips on how to enable this, I'll be happy to supply them.

Next, I want to look into enabling this for cars. And I'll look into the non Dev problem mentioned.

Thanks for the nice review. That was my impression of this addon too, that it just added to one's situational awareness and added to the feel of vehicles.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

I'll post the profile that I use later on today along with a few tips. Thanks for everyone's feedback and comments. As for adding this to the FA-18 addon, that would add a dependency to this addon which I want to avoid. But if the creators of that aircraft want tips on how to enable this, I'll be happy to supply them.

Next, I want to look into enabling this for cars. And I'll look into the non Dev problem mentioned.

Thanks!

Great job with this! I was unpleasantly surprised with the default TrackIR range of motion in Arma 3, and I'm glad you've expanded it. Do you have any future goals with the mod? Will we be able to lean down even more or are we stuck with the more horizontal plane?

Please! Add your profile the TrackIR. If possible! Thank you for a great MOD! ;) Does not work in version 1.04. I think that just takes the DEV. The Y-axis and Z is not working.

Check your TrackIR settings. I just tested this with both the Dev and non-Dev versions of Arma3 and it works perfectly.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

Great job with this! I was unpleasantly surprised with the default TrackIR range of motion in Arma 3, and I'm glad you've expanded it. Do you have any future goals with the mod? Will we be able to lean down even more or are we stuck with the more horizontal plane?

I tried a few different things to lower the view down to the waist level, similar to how it is in FSX, but no joy. Not sure what the limitation is but I couldn't get it to work.

Future plans include adding this to cars.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Here's a link to my TrackIR profile. Please keep in mind that it's just a starting point for you. TrackIR's effectiveness has a lot to do with where you place your camera, whether or not you are using TrackClipPro or a baseball hat and TrackClip, the location of the TrackClipPro on your headphones, etc. For example, for me, the Z movement is way too fast as it appears in Arma 3 (vs. in TrackIr's interface). So I've set up my Z movement to be much less sensitive than the X or Y moves. Also, since Roll isn't something I use that often, I have it set to not engage unless I severely roll my head. But it's a setting I'm still tweaking, so only consider that setting to be a starting point.

Here's the download for my profile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyb5m3lthu8s4az/Arma.xml?dl=0

For those who don't want to download this, here are the manual settings:

TrackIR-01_LR.jpg

Edited by Feint

Check your TrackIR settings. I just tested this with both the Dev and non-Dev versions of Arma3 and it works perfectly.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

I tried a few different things to lower the view down to the waist level, similar to how it is in FSX, but no joy. Not sure what the limitation is but I couldn't get it to work.

Future plans include adding this to cars.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Here's a link to my TrackIR profile. Please keep in mind that it's just a starting point for you. TrackIR's effectiveness has a lot to do with where you place your camera, whether or not you are using TrackClipPro or a baseball hat and TrackClip, the location of the TrackClipPro on your headphones, etc. For example, for me, the Z movement is way too fast as it appears in Arma 3 (vs. in TrackIr's interface). So I've set up my Z movement to be much less sensitive than the X or Y moves. Also, since Roll isn't something I use that often, I have it set to not engage unless I severely roll my head. But it's a setting I'm still tweaking, so only consider that setting to be a starting point.

Here's the download for my profile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qew8q5xt0l7jucb/FEINT_Smooth%20Modified.xml

For those who don't want to download this, here are the manual settings:

http://www.lightstormimages.com/gallery/games/arma3/HRP/TrackIR-01_LR.jpg

Thank you! This profile does not work on my TrackIR 5. Giving a error and it does not appear. Do not know why. Anyway thanks!

Try renaming it to "Smooth Modified.xml" and make sure you put it into your "profiles" folder. Then restart TrackIR.

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Also, make sure you have the most recent version of TrackIR installed.

Will you (eventually) apply this to players turned out of armored vehicles?

Good idea. And I should look into seeing if there is a cockpit view for some of the positions that are locked into the optics view by default.

ArmA 3 Dev 1.05 installed and still does not work the z-axis and y.

Works for me. Here are a few troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure those axes work in TrackIR.
  • Make sure you hit F12 to recenter once you are in Arma3.
  • Make sure you are using one of the vehicles modified by this addon (list is in the readme and original post).
  • Make sure that the TrackIR profile you want to use ("Smooth" is a good starting point) is being used by Arma3 (check your TrackIR specific game settings under the "Titles" tab).

Edited by Feint

How does the head from your alter ego look from the outside while using the mod?

Hope the head wont fly around=))

I tried with a friend in coop, it seems that the head doesn't act weird, it looks normal from the outside.

Great job!

How does the head from your alter ego look from the outside while using the mod?

Hope the head wont fly around=))

I tried with a friend in coop, it seems that the head doesn't act weird, it looks normal from the outside.

Great job!

Thanks for testing in Multiplayer! I just tested this myself in SP with PIP and the head looks fine to me there as well.