Sign in to follow this  
meyar

Making an AI pilot land without disembarking during a mission

So I'm playing CTI and trying to get a pilot I had 'built' to land a hummingbird chopper near me. Only way to do that near as I can tell is to tell it to disembark.

Is there a way to get a helicopter to land with an AI pilot without telling it to disembark?

(This is not a map-editor/mission-making question. This is purely mid-mission.)

Thanks.

Well I don't play CTI modes however there are several different ways to accomplish your goal. Without knowing your mission setup I would say either set waypoints for yourself and the AI pilot ("Transport Load" and "LOAD"), or use the UnitCapture/UnitPay feature. Your mission needs will decide which method you use (is your chopper providing overwatch support on site with you? or is he patrolling outside your AO waiting to extract you). Do some research on waypoints and/or Unitcapture. If not tell us your specific mission needs and we can easily set you up correctly. Hope this helps....

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Waypoint_types

Eh... are this mid-currently-running mission waypoints or still-in-the-editor waypoints? BecauseI 'mtalking mid-mission

Eh... are this mid-currently-running mission waypoints or still-in-the-editor waypoints? BecauseI 'mtalking mid-mission

You could sync them to a trigger and activate whenever you wanted. I have radio triggers for gun runs(both helo and plane), extraction aircraft, even boat fire support. That's why I was asking about your mission needs

I'm talking unedited missions and default AI.

Warlord, you're totally high, he's not talking about editor, he's talking about in-game action.

And to answer you, it's negative, you can't.

Or tell a other AI to board it,that will make him land to pickup the ai,just make sure you enter it 2,because once the ai board the chopper it will take off again.

Yeah, agree this needs fixing. We shouldn't have to make the pilot disembark and then put him back in again just to get him to land. Is there a ticket for this?