Sign in to follow this  
progamer

Arma 3's vehicle and weapon choices

What kind of content do you want to see in Arma 3?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of content do you want to see in Arma 3?

• Standard modern weapons and vehicles from a single nationality
    • Futuristic weapons and vehicles from a single nationality
    • Old weapons and vehicles from a single nationality
    • Standard modern weapons and vehicles from random nationalities
    • Futuristic weapons and vehicles from random nationalities
    • Old weapons and vehicles from random nationalities
    • Other
    • Standard modern weapons and vehicles from separated nationalities like Arma 2

What kind of content direction do you want to see in game? Thoughts on the current content direction?

Edited by ProGamer

I don't see a point to this discussion. What's your goal?

My answer is every gun and vehicle ever.

Oh god off with the AKM's head already...

What, just curious as to what people think of the current content direction and want. If the threads a problem it can be deleted.

I think he means that you already have a similar thread posted. You could just edit the original post rather than start a new one.

What, just curious as to what people think of the current content direction and want. If the threads a problem it can be deleted.

I can give you a prediction. This will be yet another focal point on a wrongly perceived lack of stuff. A rallying cry to fulfill the insatiable need to vent on the absence of basically the entire OFP:A1:A2 content library and a rant on the impossibility/implausibility in the design of weapons/vehicles currently in the game. The thread will mostly focus on what's not in the game; your topic title and poll question with vague loaded options indicates such already. It's flame-baiting to the max.

I'm of the opinion the current direction is new, different and fun. It strikes a good balance between modernity and futuristic. I simply want more of it, which they're doing.

You can only recreate an AK47/M4 so many times before it starts to get stale. Yet somehow a lot seem somehow entitled to it (among other things) being included in the base game and throw a fit. It wholly spoils and brings disservice to the effort BIS put into crafting the current available content, which I find very sad and petty.

So, unless you bring your particular viewpoint up and further explain as to why there ought to be a discussion, I really don't see a point to this thread. In the mean time I will assume that it is to try and influence the creative direction BIS has taken to something more to your liking. I can guarantee you that this will simply not work and eventually only results in the forum, and by extension the community, being ignored. I do not delude myself by pretending I (should) have any influence on BIS' creative process.

I can give you a prediction. This will be yet another focal point on a wrongly perceived lack of stuff. A rallying cry to fulfill the insatiable need to vent on the absence of basically the entire OFP:A1:A2 content library and a rant on the impossibility/implausibility in the design of weapons/vehicles currently in the game. The thread will mostly focus on what's not in the game; your topic title and poll question with vague loaded options indicates such already. It's flame-baiting to the max.

I'm of the opinion the current direction is new, different and fun. It strikes a good balance between modernity and futuristic. I simply want more of it, which they're doing.

You can only recreate an AK47/M4 so many times before it starts to get stale. Yet somehow a lot seem somehow entitled to it (among other things) being included in the base game and throw a fit. It wholly spoils and brings disservice to the effort BIS put into crafting the current available content, which I find very sad and petty.

So, unless you bring your particular viewpoint up and further explain as to why there ought to be a discussion, I really don't see a point to this thread. In the mean time I will assume that it is to try and influence the creative direction BIS has taken to something more to your liking. I can guarantee you that this will simply not work and eventually only results in the forum, and by extension the community, being ignored. I do not delude myself by pretending I (should) have any influence on BIS' creative process.

I agree with what you said up until the last paragraph. As a community we can still partially influence BI's creative direction. It takes only 1 suggestion from 1 person to rally more people behind it.

That being said, we already have the wishlist thread for posting such things.

However,

Since this is more of a "focused" thread, I am going to live it open for a while as long as the users vote and focus on what vehicles they want. Rants regarding BI's current vehicle roster will not be tolerated. There are plenty of threads for that :)

Post Example:

Vehicle(s): X

Reason: Y

Keep it civil :)

L3TUC3 is accusing the poll and thread of hardening devs' hearts against these forums and by extension the community, not least since truthbetold some of these push polls (gee, no subtlety there) are on intended direction where the ship sailed well over a year ago now... and I for one have seen a certain member that the devs have closed their hearts against (hint: usually the advocates don't directly insult devs by name, this one has... though it's not ProGamer), but I do find it ironic that as of my post "Futuristic weapons and vehicles from random nationalities" is winning at 55%... subject to change of course.

Quoted for truth, my use of bold.

It takes only 1 suggestion from 1 person to rally more people behind it.

That being said, we already have the wishlist thread for posting such things.

And with that being said... Is there anyway we can get the Community Wishes and Ideas - DISCUSSION thread made into a sticky so it doesn't get buried.. Maybe it will cut down on people making one line threads of something they'd like to see.

I know we have the NO DISCUSSION thread stickied but people like to discuss their ideas, why their good and bad.. they like feedback. What's the point of posting your idea if there's no discussion?

You can only recreate an AK47/M4 so many times before it starts to get stale.
I'd amend this to "you can only recreate an AK47/M4 so many times before the devs get so bored with them as to not put best effort into them because it doesn't inspire them to try anymore"...

I put other as I want both ordinary modern weapons as well as more futuristic weapons.

And when it comes to nationalities few nations have designed and produced all weapons in their arsenal. For example USA.

While mane vehicles are made in USA lots of weapons come from other countries, like the M249, we also got the AT 4 and so on.

So I want modern AND futuristic weapons and vehicles from different countries as long it makes sense(to see american solders run around with russian weapons and vehicles is not that realistic :p).

I tried to keep it as unbiased as possible. I enjoy the content crafted by the developers.

Well, let me elaborate on my previous point:

I'm sick of seeing the AKM/AKS and the M16A2/4 right now. I think we need something a bit more unique, but similar, since the game is in 2035. My thought was for CSAT recon units to get an AK-12 weapon instead of the KH2002, and for NATO recon units to get an M27/417 weapon instead of an ACR. Moreover it would be nice to see some randomized weapons for the FIA units, so that each rifleman for FIA isn't created the same. One might get the TRG, one might get an Mk20, the other might get a Katiba.