Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Servers now visible in STEAMclient server list

as of today, servers on DEV branch are reporting also to STEAM master

you can open the server list in STEAMclient > View > Servers

search for "Arma3Client" game name in filters

note: servers behind NAT need forward all needed game and steam related ports

p.s. feedback and commentary is welcome :)

Dwarden, with latest stable branch update, 1.04, again only max 500 servers are showing in the server browser, i thought it has been set to 1000 in one of dev branches before the episode 1 release?

Dwarden, with latest stable branch update, 1.04, again only max 500 servers are showing in the server browser, i thought it has been set to 1000 in one of dev branches before the episode 1 release?

Yep. And then it was rolled back.

Maximum number of servers listed in MP is changed back to 500 (unfortunately there is no way around this for now)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2540789&viewfull=1#post2540789

_________

This has anything to do with Moricky personal project, splendid MP feature?

Hmm, anyone else spotted VAC in the Steam server browser? And is this a sign that the GameSpy MP server browser is finally being replaced? :)

i think they said, they will add steam browser, additionaly to default one, don't remember if it's planned, to completly replace gamespy one. I wouldn't mind tho.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Yep. And then it was rolled back.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2540789&viewfull=1#post2540789

_________

This has anything to do with Moricky personal project, splendid MP feature?

ah yes, thanks, probably missed that one.

i think you guys mismatching things

in-game GUI server browser == GameSpy protocol and master fetch, 500 servers limit

in-steamclient UI server browser == SteamWorks protocol and master fetch, no limit afaik, DEV branch only

i think you guys mismatching things

in-game GUI server browser == GameSpy protocol and master fetch, 500 servers limit

in-steamclient UI server browser == SteamWorks protocol and master fetch, no limit afaik, DEV branch only

but wasn't some sitreps ago, announced, that the default server browser, will get replaced with steam server browser?

but wasn't some sitreps ago, announced, that the default server browser, will get replaced with steam server browser?

no, nothing like that mentioned

then i've missread it somewhere. And yes, i wish you guys would do that :) I'm no way game dev expert, by i think, this wouldn't harm multiplayer performance, if not improve it.

Is it possible to have custom server lists that are like now (Six Updater) if you remove GameSpy support and have it steamworks only?

Great, its on steam client, click and select server, opens game.... nothing more, fantastic... really ?

I would have thought the more useful act would be to double click the server and you join that server rather than just open the game up ? Anyone actually test this stuff before implementing ?

Great, its on steam client, click and select server, opens game.... nothing more, fantastic... really ?

I would have thought the more useful act would be to double click the server and you join that server rather than just open the game up ? Anyone actually test this stuff before implementing ?

maybe because the implementation isn't final ?

Fair enough, thought the reason for servers to be viewable would be so you could join them.

Feedback: please allow users to click server and join the game server not just launch ArmA 3 game. ;)

Fair enough, thought the reason for servers to be viewable would be so you could join them.

Feedback: please allow users to click server and join the game server not just launch ArmA 3 game. ;)

you cleary see it's passing to binary incompatible parameters ... we need first deal with the format