Sign in to follow this  
egilsandfeld

Various problems with A3 terrain making

In my Tunoe.log after binarizing I also get this error:

No entry 'F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/DefaultWorld/Lighting.starEmissivity'.
'/' is not a value
No entry 'F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/DefaultWorld/Lighting.ThunderBoltLight'.
No entry '.diffuse'.
Size: '/' not an array
No entry '.ambient'.
No entry '.intensity'.
'/' is not a value
No entry '.Attenuation'.

In my config.cpp I do have this though (located CfgWorlds/Tunoe/):

class Lighting: DefaultLighting

{

groundReflection[] = {0.132,0.133,0.122};

moonObjectColorFull[] = {550,500,450,1.0};

moonHaloObjectColorFull[] = {20,20,20,0.5};

moonsetObjectColor[] = {275,250,225,1.0};

moonsetHaloObjectColor[] = {10,10,10,0.25};

class ThunderBoltLight

{

diffuse[] = {2120,2170,8550};

ambient[] = {0.001,0.001,0.001};

intensity = 120000;

class Attenuation

{

start = 0.0;

constant = 0.0;

linear = 0.0;

quadratic = 1.0;

};

};

starEmissivity = 60.0;

};

Here's current config: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9959158/config.cpp

What's wrong with the ThunderBoltLight and StarEmissitivity?

Nice work Egil, keep it up!

Your problem seems to be an inheritance issue, your config is by default correct if you compare it with Stratis but it may be worth trying what I have below:

This could be a BIS issue that needs a ticket on the feedback tracker.

class CAWorld: DefaultWorld
{
	class Grid{};
	class DayLightingBrightAlmost;
	class DayLightingRainy;
	class DefaultClutter;
	class DefaultLighting;
	class Weather: Weather
	{
		class Lighting;
		class Overcast : Overcast
		{
			class Weather1;
			class Weather2;
			class Weather3;
			class Weather4;
			class Weather5;
			class Weather6;
		};
	};
};
class Tunoe: CAWorld
{

If that doesn't work you may just need to dePBO the bin back into your P drive.

Edited by James2464

its beacuse the tool config that Binarise doesnt have those entries , it usually lags behind for a bit

best way to fic is follow that path of the error ( steamapps tools .) and see if there is a value in there something like starEmissivity = 60 in that configs class Lighting and add it if not ;

exactly same for the other error.

of course this is BIS so check your own config is good with the current devbuild , make sure the config from which you derive your own is not an old version as BIS are changing things and removing things all the time.

Edited by Sealife

@Sealife: Thanks alot! That made the problem go away in log files :) I just added

class ThunderBoltLight

{

diffuse[] = {2120,2170,8550};

ambient[] = {0.001,0.001,0.001};

intensity = 120000;

class Attenuation

{

start = 0.0;

constant = 0.0;

linear = 0.0;

quadratic = 1.0;

};

};

starEmissivity = 60.0;

into SteamApps\Arma 3 Tools\Binarize\Bin\CfgWorld.hpp.

@James, I tried yours as well but that spawned a missing Lightning.SunSet... error unfortunately. Would you guys have any clues to why I can't see any objects on my map?

MissingObjects.png

It's looking quite good! I'm very happy to see a beautiful map that *isn't* set in some arid island. :)

Apologies cannot read all but mapmibject not showing can be

Configs of buildings not on the namespace when binarising

So if

P : myisland then also

P: a3 required (configs only)

If

P: mynamespace \ myisland then despite p:a3 its also required ( configs only)

P: mynamespace \a3

The above is in line with your island config required addons and the dependencies of required addons in the configs of your imediate dependencies.

Now of course is a but , P3D also contain a property Map Building or Map tree , however since Bis in order to reduce lag now change wgat is configged it can be not all show , but I think this not your problem unless you using custom model .

in addition it also counts when adding artificial objects in the tools of visitor that the name is coorect to the config class .

if you simply add and point toi folder then you will see in the nameline that is \a3\structures_f.. p3d or something but here it should be the calss name or simply the name of the p3d which is usually the same as the class unless its a dewrivitieve that inherits .

so instead of

\A3\Structures_F\Households\House_Big01\i_House_Big_01_V1_F.p3d (which may erro anyway cause of string length)

it should be

i_House_Big_01_V1_F

then you wont get Missing configclass

because if all configs are croorect when packing it will get from

class Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F

Now i dont recall from memory that Land_ is required in the Visitor tag because this is simply for engine to use that it is a visitor placed Item to be streamed from HD and not Editor placed entity .

Of course to digress , BIS in there wisdom will time to time reduce this kind of ID to reduce Lag on terrains and re work the map and simply add !!!Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F , i believe they simplay add a generic class to the P3d to eliminate missing config class errror , however sometimes they miss a few early on .

so it maybe that the P3ds you are using are not updtodate and the p3d does not contain the correct MAP value , Bis could have done the !!! trick and so the terrain does not know its house class

and of course Required addons in configpatches is also good , i think there are couple of ways yourworld : map_altis in cpp class or

requiredaddons

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F","A3_Roads_F","A3_Structures_F","A3_Map_Data"};

Edited by Sealife

Sealife, you could be right about that. What config files?! My P drive is like this:

Pdrive.png

Examples from this:

P:\a3\structures_f\

P:\ca\plants2\

P:\Tunoe\Data\Layers

etc.

Is there configs missing?

Also tried Arma3P v1.6 to update my P:\a3 and it created the a3_dta, which I don't know what to do with. Additionally I'm trying now to make a namespace like this: P:\ES\Tunoe, but it gives me many errors with missing .rvmats and still no objects on the map.

Hi i have edited my post for other info .

your P at a glance looks ok, nobody needs to use Namespace , as long as that a3 folder you have there has inside all the correct config .cpp in all folders and structured correct it should be ok .

Okay thanks for trying to help me on this, Sea :) Really appreciated!

I feel very stupid right now as I'm not totally understanding what you're writing. However I may think there's something wrong with my P:\a3 folder. Here's some screens to just breake it all down. The configs you refer to I don't know where they are.

P:\a3 folder

PdriveA3folder.png

P:\a3\structures_f

PdriveA3folderFStructuresFolder.png

p:\a3\structures_f\households\House_Big01

PdriveA3folderFStructuresFolderHouseholdsFolder.png

Now with my current things in the a3 folder Visitor objects appear like this:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9959158/Arma/VisitorFStructures-original.png

If I use Arma3P or Extract e.g. arma3\addons\structures_f.pbos to P:\a3 the visitor objects look like this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9959158/Arma/VisitorFStructures-new.png

If I export+bin the world with these wierd lines and less objects, in game will have less objects and those a3 objects remaining will mostly all be lowered into the ground giving me lots of "Bad position" errors in the log.

I understand now that I occasionally need to update the P:\a3 folder with current stuff from steam arma3, but how do I port it without messing all my objects up?

Hmm this seems harder than so... Is there an Arma 3 equivalent to this?:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_Terrain_Tutorial#How_to_get_working_animations.2Fladders

In there it seems like he's extracting .cpp files to his namespace folder. I got it setup now, so I use P:/ES/Tunoe, and therefore I have P:/ES/ca and P:/ES/a3.

After changing I now get some other errors in Tunoe.log, which is like this:

"Class Land_wpp_turbine_v2_f exists, but there is no property class in a3\structures_f\ind\windpowerplant\wpp_turbine_v2_f.p3d"

In Visitor I have this, in the Artificial Objects Definition:

VisitorClassNames.png

And in P:/ES/a3/structures_f/ind/WindPowerPlant I have one file only, the config.cpp, which has this in it:

http://pastebin.com/ftn9x10T

What else am I missing?

Edited by EgilSandfeld

Friends! Where there may be an error?

I draw a layer mask in PS, save it as "indexed colors", and the end file looks like this -

691b295f.png

As we can see, there's no unwanted colors, only three - white, black and yellow.

But after applying the layer mask to Visitor 3 and converting it to *.paa - there's a strange brown outline -

07da890c.png

Of course, ingame this looks weird.

What might be causing this error?

Are you 100% sure that a 4th color isn't in there in the index list

Sure no, there's 11 color swatches in my template and on the allover map. And yes - there is a brown color in layer.cfg. But on this square - is 146% of white, black and yellow only.

The single thing I wonder - an old restriction on 4 colors per mask segment from the Armed Assault time. Does Arma3 have it?

Okay I give up... for now. Everything I do at the moment does not help myself. I have reinstalled A3, BIS Tools, Arma Tools from Steam, Did a fresh P:\ with Arma3P 1.6. Everything I do is 2 steps back as I now miss some clutter as well, A3 building objects are too low into the ground giving me bad positions. I then adjust them in Visitor to the correct height -> binarize the island -> and they're still stuck in the same position.

It's probably me who's the bad guy here, as I don't fully understand and comprehend everything that goes on in Visitor and the configs.. For the past 1½ month I've faced so many faults and errors with this project, that I have decided to put it to a hold.. at least until V4 comes out or something else magically happens to this. With so many things going negative and so little positively, it's just not worth my time currently.

I want to thanks all the guys who tried to help me with this. But as of now it seems like the terrain building aspect of Arma has claimed yet another victim :(

Thanks for your help, guys! I'll stick around this subforum and read and study further :)

Okay I give up...

This is normal condition for those who mess with Visitor 3. I feel the same 2-3 times a week.

In addition to strange brown pixels, my textures (both sat and mask) disappeared from the game. The Bulldozer shows them (with sand-glitches, but anyway), but ingame i have eternal winter. All i have changed - is

1. Satellite grid, as it suggested in this topic.

2. Added four new terrains to layers.cfg, config.cpp and maplegend.png, double checked all the paths.

And what i get -

1. "Sand glitch" on edges of the textures in Bulldozer. Like in the Armed Assault era, where the count of textures per segment was limited by four.

4c224a29.jpg

2. Strange brown pixels in the mask segments, generated by Visitor 3.

07da890c.png

3. The "winter" ingame.

Does someone have any idea, what's this?

Egil, how did you solve the lighting issue, where everything was too bright, I'm running into this problem at the moment and I noticed a few posts back that you had solved it with some lighting settings, can you point me in the right direction?

Cheers mate.

:Edit:

Belay that, was missing the weather lighting and all that jazz!

Edited by Kiory

Oh my God I found this thread , I do not know. I need help here already 3-4 months I'm trying to solve the problem with the roads but for some reason I did not go out. Everything is still a problem with the English I'm from Ukraine and my knowledge of the fifty-fifty Google translator in this only exacerbates the problem .

Please help me to create a file of the road.

I tried all the options for a road that found on this forum but I regret not received results .

My island is not identical to the size of the Global Mapper I create a manual way to the other "ZGM_ArmA_3_Road_Painting_Source_Files_For_Global_Mapper" but the results were not present , I suspect that I have a problem with heights or vertices road checkpoints do not know whether you will understand what I mean.

If someone knows who created a video about creating one road section from beginning to end . Thus it is necessary to take into account that the island and how to create a fictional way with or where to take a height map ( this is probably the correct naming ) to build roads and how to apply it to the road that was visible ? .

sor google translator