nice insight, but a proper animation set for that slowing down (if its implemented)  would go a long way.

What if the reason for the lack of slowdown is that they're actually still working on proper animations for exhausted movement? :o

On the other hand, the slowing down would still be a problem for cohesive group movement, especially with AI. BI may not want to bring it back.

You don't need a proper animation set. In real life it's exactly the same as in game, you go through the same motions just slower. 

But the slow motion running looked pretty unnatural.

Running as in running, not sprinting. If you do not slow down, you will get away steadily. The point was, a recent Video by Dsyelxi showed how awesome a getaway can be IF you have to rest inbetween.

I don't expect you to understand that, you're obviously more for playing the run-and-gun game modes. We that prefer tactical and/or coop gameplay think differently.

So yeah, you can run forever without slowing down, nothing will ever FORCE you to rest UNLESS you want to shoot.

The exaggeration is strong here.

You and your clan is playing using ACE - among other mods - and ACE using a fatigue modification inside them - to allow more running - well, this is the point of all this arguing: people exaggerating about a feature that they dont use anymore.

I dont understand why some people arguing against something that dont use and try to force the devs - ranting and ranting - againts something that nobody uses and nobody likes.

I prefer arguing with an ended feature instead pushing de devs with my own vision about the game.

You and your clan is playing using ACE - among other mods - and ACE using a fatigue modification inside them - to allow more running - well, this is the point of all this arguing: people exaggerating about a feature that they dont use anymore.

I dont understand why some people arguing against something that dont use and try to force the devs - ranting and ranting - againts something that nobody uses and nobody likes.

I prefer arguing with an ended feature instead pushing de devs with my own vision about the game.

The answer is: Everyone is aware of that it will be impossible to get old or better results with new system. A lot of hardcore players (communities) don't want jogging forever. They want highly customizable and realistic system.

I'm not sure if it's really helpful or necessary to make assumptions about the kind of gameplay people prefer or to attack them for their prefered gameplay styles.

Uh, I did neither. He already mentioned he plays (IIRC) King of the Hill, and I said "I don't expect you to understand" because I really don't expect it. I meant nothing of it as an attack, or as diminishing of one game play style over the other.

Me and my clan are not using ACE at all.

You are entirely wrong. We DO use the vanilla fatigue system, always had. We do not use anything else. Most of our missions are actually vanilla ones.

Expressing your opinion on a subject is not ranting - it's expressing your opinion. You only perceive it as ranting because your opinon is different.

You are saying that because the feature happens to coinicde with your own vision of the game. If it were reverse, you would be foolish to NOT try to sway the devs to your point of view. Let's face it, you play a game because you like it. It's your spare time after all. So if you have the channels and the possibility why would you wait until a system that you DO like in the game gets taken out? I rather influence the shaping of a feature, because if you are arguing about a done deal, THAT is ranting.

• Like 2

You and your clan is playing using ACE

No.

Not everyone who leans towards realism automatically plays ACE

Indeed, the exaggeration is strong here. You blame others for exaggerating and OTOH make generalized statements like "nobody uses and nobody likes".

Fact is, you can never create something that everybody uses and likes. So, it's impossible to make one system that fits all. So why the heck not use reality as the guiding principle, and in reality, you DO get slower when you jog all the time.ESPECIALLY when heavily loaded.

But the slow motion running looked pretty unnatural.

And someone running at a walking pace because they are exhausted by the kit they are carrying actually looks pretty unnatural too.

I have been also testing the new Stamina system and... NO, definitely no. I do not like this idea of jogging forever.

For me having something like stamina is more like anaerobic resistance, in which one could sprint for a short period of time, while the old fatigue system would simulate the aerobic resistance. Having said that, I concur with the previous posts in saying that the slow motion looked and felt unnatural but the concept of having to rest once your "aerobic resistance" was depleted was the right one.

The stamina should decrease while running too and you should able to walk only if it's empty. The consumption should depend on the difficulty settings to help newbies. 

In the difficulty settings:

-casual(unlimited running)

-normal(small consumption, to avoid unlimited running),

-realists(obvious).

It's simple and would be fair enough of everyone. BI somehow fear of using and making the game more configurable via game settings. Sure we have scripts, but this should be in the vanilla.

I can't accept the fact that we can run forever. Then why do we have walking?! It will become useless whit this new system.  

Could you make the lowered weapon combat pace jog less exhausting than the normal? 

???? Did they take this out when they implemented stamina?

Answering to all:

ACE has 30.000 subs only on STEAM and change the vanilla fatigue.

Disable_fatigue has 3000 subs only in steam too (Ultimate soldier has more than 1500 aprox).

In the Arma 3 mp - in most populated missions/mods KOTH, Wasteland, Altis, Exile, etc, etc)- the fatigue is improved, increased or disabled...

And the main point of this "ranting" is about a feature that only will be disabled - like now - with a new feature of stamine, adding more scripting command to create mods for a flavored implementation of the fatigue... sorry but I dont see what's the problem now?

I you like the old flavor of fatigue you can be the most rheumatic soldier in the entire Armaverse (creating a mod for that) or your can run -"horrible idea!-...

Reading all this post I feel like an inquisition tribunal with Torquemada sitting in front of me trying to prove that I'm powerful witcher ( ironic comment )...

To me is very simple, the times of the "tank" soldiers of Arma 2 are gone forever, now the modern soldiers of the AD 2035 with ultra-light anti-bullet material and no - recoil weapons are here to stay.

ultra-light anti-bullet material and no - recoil weapons are here to stay.

Developers can change this via configs. Decrease mass and recoil for specific weapons or other equipment. There will be no improvements in soldiers metabolism at all in 2035. You tries to give drugs to soldiers to compensate heavy mass of equipment = new stamina.

Answering to all:

ACE has 30.000 subs only on STEAM and change the vanilla fatigue.

Disable_fatigue has 3000 subs only in steam too (Ultimate soldier has more than 1500 aprox).

What ACE does is not relevant. Many realism oriented communities do not use ACE or other mods for stamina. ACE is not considered a "must have" for realism oriented gameplay anymore as it was in Arma2.

Also ACEs stamina system is afaik just a tweaked vanilla fatigue and will break when fatigue is introduced. So this topic is relevant even for users of stamina mods.

In the Arma 3 mp - in most populated missions/mods KOTH, Wasteland, Altis, Exile, etc, etc)- the fatigue is improved, increased or disabled...

Exactly! Those communities found their own solutions (scripts or mods) or disabled stamina entirely - so why would they need a new system?

Also it should be more convenient for users of those games to use a modified stamina system than for all the milsim folk: Stamina-changes are simply a part of KOTH, Wastelans etc. Mods (or scenarios), so the user does not have to think about it but can just install said mod or scenario.

And the main point of this "ranting" is about a feature that only will be disabled - like now - with a new feature of stamine, adding more scripting command to create mods for a flavored implementation of the fatigue... sorry but I dont see what's the problem now?

I you like the old flavor of fatigue you can be the most rheumatic soldier in the entire Armaverse (creating a mod for that) or your can run -"horrible idea!-...

Realism focussed players now have to create and use mods to get the same experience they had, whereas the "casual crowd" gets a system that's maybe perhaps* better suited to their needs of unlimited running - wich they probably will disable or mod anyways (as in "in most populated missions/mods KOTH, Wasteland, Altis, Exile, etc, etc)- the fatigue is improved, increased or disabled...").

It is a bit like if the Milsim-Community somehow would have convinced BIS to remove Crosshair and 3rd person entirely from the game, saying "you could make a UI/camera script or mod to get it back!". It would not change much for the milsimers, but all the other people would have to byte the bullet or rely on modded/scripted solutions.

Reading all this post I feel like an inquisition tribunal with Torquemada sitting in front of me trying to prove that I'm powerful witcher ( ironic comment )...

Welll... This is a hot topic for some of us. It's about more than just removing/changing a single feature. People (me included) will sometimes react a bit more agressive than necessary, when in reality they just dont agree with your argumentation.

*: I somewhat doubt this, because fatigue still penalizes players for running auround with heavy gear - just in different ways than before, so the "run and gun crowd" will still be better off with fatigue disabled.

Nevermind. Not worth the effort

You are possibly right. But I could not resist :mellow:

• Like 6

Exactly! Those communities found their own solutions (scripts or mods) or disabled stamina entirely - so why would they need a new system?

Also it should be more convenient for users of those games to use a modified stamina system than for all the milsim folk: Stamina-changes are simply a part of KOTH, Wastelans etc. Mods (or scenarios), so the user does not have to think about it but can just install said mod or scenario.

Realism focussed players now have to create and use mods to get the same experience they had, whereas the "casual crowd" gets a system that's maybe perhaps* better suited to their needs of unlimited running - wich they probably will disable or mod anyways (as in "in most populated missions/mods KOTH, Wasteland, Altis, Exile, etc, etc)- the fatigue is improved, increased or disabled...").

It is a bit like if the Milsim-Community somehow would have convinced BIS to remove Crosshair and 3rd person entirely from the game, saying "you could make a UI/camera script or mod to get it back!". It would not change much for the milsimers, but all the other people would have to byte the bullet or rely on modded/scripted solutions.

Period!

To repeat my main concern; fine so what a mod can potentially do is add a 3rd state to the movement which slows the player down to a more sensible pace when the stamina bar is completely depleted. But how would AI would handle it?

Would that be resolveable in anything other than a native solution?

Just played some Arma today and I noticed again how exaggerated this new weapon sway is. Sniper stance is pretty much useless since the sway is the same as in kneeled position. In addition, the difference between the sway when lightly exausted and heavily exausted feels the same. You sprint literally 1 meter and it's like you ran a marathon. Definitely needs some work, otherwise people will disable the new system because of that.

Increasing sway as an effect of heavy breathing good and all, but currently it feels like my soldier's arms are made of pudding.

https://youtu.be/N5xIcUH8f7w?t=5s

• Like 4

Just played some Arma today and I noticed again how exaggerated this new weapon sway is. Sniper stance is pretty much useless since the sway is the same as in kneeled position. In addition, the difference between the sway when lightly exausted and heavily exausted feels the same. You sprint literally 1 meter and it's like you ran a marathon. Definitely needs some work, otherwise people will disable the new system because of that.

Increasing sway as an effect of heavy breathing good and all, but currently it feels like my soldier's arms are made of pudding.

Exactly, 3 second sprint and you cant aim for at least soluble that time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5xIcUH8f7w

embedding the video so it's more visible on the thread.

• Like 2

embedding the video so it's more visible on the thread.

Thanks, I couldn't find that option.

I am glad that I am not the only one who dislikes the new feature. Seems like there is still hope.

STRAW POLL

How do you feel about the current weapon sway?

Just gonna leave that here, maybe it will get enough votes to get an proper result.

• Like 1

STRAW POLL

How do you feel about the current weapon sway?

Just gonna leave that here, maybe it will get enough votes to get an proper result.

Awww, f**k... I messed up (tired) and voted for "not enough". Yes I'm that vote and it was a mistake... I was to vote for "too much".