Seriously...

=As i already said=..i was away for some months.

The team asked me for a fast PvP mission so..i throw a CTF by Murcielago (old version tho..)

I can't stress it enough..after 10 meters i felt like i was on a crazed-maniac horse..while i was on drugs and alcohol altogether...trying with all my powers to shoot an enemy 20 meters away!!!! (without success of course)

Maybe it was the mission (default 10+ mags and i m not sure what vests soldiers wearing).

If this fatigue AND sway can be eradicate...ehm..disabled..ok.

Don't get me wrong.When i want simulation i reach the 100%-but fast *traditional PvP is totally different matter..

It can be disabled by by the mission maker with a single command.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableFatigue

And again someone who wants to make his feedback more prominent by exageration. Dude if this really happens after only 10 meters, please upload the mission and make a video of it, because then it is a bug that needs to be fixed.

It does if you climb on the hill.

And climbing with heavy gear should be hard as fuck, I'd even say it gets exponentially harder the steeper the slope is.

And again someone who wants to make his feedback more prominent by exageration. Dude if this really happens after only 10 meters, please upload the mission and make a video of it, because then it is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Yep, and ends up doing just the opposite, negating the whole feedback.

And climbing with heavy gear should be hard as fuck.

Yes i know and i agree. I'am happy with the current status of the fatigue system.

The "exageration" was meant more to give a humorous approach to the matter-although *my experience was just as i described.

Sorry no-i will not upload any video -i stopped doing this anymore for any of the ARMA series.

Anyways ..if i can get rid of the damn thing (as the mate suggested) everything's ok

The "exageration" was meant more to give a humorous approach to the matter-although *my experience was just as i described.

Sorry no-i will not upload any video -i stopped doing this anymore for any of the ARMA series.

Anyways ..if i can get rid of the damn thing (as the mate suggested) everything's ok

It's okay, I made a video for you.

Youtube's compression is a real jerk, so you probably can't read the waypoint I placed. I am starting at 30 meters, sprinting uphill to 20 meters, and then engaging 3 targets. There is nearly no noticable sway.

Youtube's compression is a real jerk, so you probably can't read the waypoint I placed. I am starting at 30 meters, sprinting uphill to 20 meters, and then engaging 3 targets. There is nearly no noticable sway.

Ha ha, I have to laugh when seeing actual proofs in videos like this while reading exaggerated, false statements by noobs. I wonder how much time it takes yet until they all give it up. I also wonder if they realize that these statements actually destroy credibility of their opinions and therefore not helping them at all in this "fight". What are they expecting?? It is unbelievable. :D

Unfortunately the video would have been even better with the Fatigue indicator (it can be scripted to be visible outside of Virtual Arsenal)...

Unfortunately the video would have been even better with the Fatigue indicator (it can be scripted to be visible outside of Virtual Arsenal)...

Do you have a link to how to do this? I may be dumb, but a cursory search of the wiki and google didn't turn anything up.

^^

Seeing this i m considering to make a video of my experience.It's nothing like this.

Maybe it was the (old) mission.

I will make a fresh test on editor probably to clear things..

Thanks.

Ha ha, I have to laugh when seeing actual proofs in videos like this while reading exaggerated, false statements by noobs

Believe me the game hours i have in ARMA are more of the hours you played in ALL your games in your pitiful entire life.

Not mention editor hours/Visitor hours/Oxygen hours so please get in your worm hole again (and i don't mean the kind of worm holes you find in space)

It could very well be an issue on your end. Are you on the dev branch? I know that several people were having highly exaggerated inertia effects, so for all I know it could be something related to that.

It could very well be an issue on your end. Are you on the dev branch? I know that several people were having highly exaggerated inertia effects, so for all I know it could be something related to that.
And there was at least one case where a guy showed video of inertia exaggerated that other people reported that they didn't experience that at all... then it turned out that a reinstall fixed it. :D

I just downloaded the DEV-branch via Game-Updater, and now I have the exaggerated inertia effect too. Maybe Game-Updater is doing something wrong?

I also don't see any of the new G-camera-effects when flying helicopter..

I just downloaded the DEV-branch via Game-Updater, and now I have the exaggerated inertia effect too. Maybe Game-Updater is doing something wrong?

I also don't see any of the new G-camera-effects when flying helicopter..

Have you tried verifying the cache? This is one of the Steam game library options for Arma 3 and has also been known to 'catch' some problems.

Can we maybe stay on the topic of fatigue and not get into tiring arguments (no pun intended)?

Can we maybe stay on the topic of fatigue and not get into tiring arguments (no pun intended)?

^^ This. Taking it to PM seems like the best idea.

EDIT: two recent posts have also been deleted because they were 100% flaming. Such things don't belong here.

i dont know if it has been discussed before, but everytime i stop walking/running when i toggle raise weapon, i get a feeling of deep frustration, it has to be fixed, because mega subtle stamina handling and clunky controlls/animations dont go along very well!!

p.s. i hereby suggest a "temporary" lowering/raiseweapon button that works as a "hold key" instead of a toggle key, same with crouching. such things would really improve stamina handling.

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

i dont know if it has been discussed before, but everytime i stop walking/running when i toggle raise weapon, i get a feeling of deep frustration, it has to be fixed, because mega subtle stamina handling and clunky controlls/animations dont go along very well!!

p.s. i hereby suggest a "temporary" lowering/raiseweapon button that works as a "hold key" instead of a toggle key, same with crouching. such things would really improve stamina handling.

I don't stop running or walking when I toggle raise weapon. It only happens when sprinting, and then it doesn't even matter much because sprinting with weapon raised or lowered doesn't affect fatigue.

Hmm toggle raise weapon doesn't raise the gun when crouched. Though I can bring my gun up clicking a mouse it would be still nice if the key works.

I don't stop running or walking when I toggle raise weapon. It only happens when sprinting, and then it doesn't even matter much because sprinting with weapon raised or lowered doesn't affect fatigue.

it does matter if you stop sprinting when hitting raise weapon.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Hmm toggle raise weapon doesn't raise the gun when crouched. Though I can bring my gun up clicking a mouse it would be still nice if the key works.

+1 that stuff musnt be buggy and clunky!

it does matter if you stop sprinting when hitting raise weapon.

But your suggestion makes it sound like you're lowering your weapon to sprint (it's the only way a "hold to lower weapon" key would make a difference in this situation). If that is the case, why are you doing that? Lowering your weapon has no effect on fatigue while sprinting.

But your suggestion makes it sound like you're lowering your weapon to sprint (it's the only way a "hold to lower weapon" key would make a difference in this situation). If that is the case, why are you doing that? Lowering your weapon has no effect on fatigue while sprinting.

why are you defending the status quo and blaming me for the fact the the raisweapon buttom makes you stop while sprinting?

Really? Wasn't it actually supposed to have effect on fatigue?

why are you defending the status quo and blaming me for the fact the the raisweapon buttom makes you stop while sprinting?

Well, since your suggestion doesn't fix the issue, I guess I should ask why you are suggesting ineffectual workarounds instead of a fix for the core problem.

Really? Wasn't it actually supposed to have effect on fatigue?

It does for walking and jogging, but there is no difference between sprinting with your weapon up and sprinting with it lowered (as far as I know). They even have the same animation.

Edited by roshnak