In Arma 2 i always thought that double tap W was my "push harder" key, the normal "run" speed is just a sprint, its not like your actually running.

I'm pretty sure the normal running in Arma is a run/jog and the turbo function initiates a sprint. It would be kind of weird if there was no intermediate pace between walking and all out sprinting.

Please BI, for Gods sake, nerf this fatigue, this is insane! We're playing a game not a fat soldier simulator! Carry an explosive and you won't be able to move or shoot normally, even when you carry just a rifle it gets way too annoying. What do you want from me?! To run naked?! I lower my rifle, run standing up and my character still gets tired as hell in 10 seconds!

I lower my rifle, run standing up and my character still gets tired as hell in 10 seconds!

Either you run uphill or that's bullshit.

Either you run uphill or that's bullshit.

It still wouldn't be true.

Please BI, for Gods sake, nerf this fatigue, this is insane! We're playing a game not a fat soldier simulator! Carry an explosive and you won't be able to move or shoot normally, even when you carry just a rifle it gets way too annoying. What do you want from me?! To run naked?! I lower my rifle, run standing up and my character still gets tired as hell in 10 seconds!

I demand video proof. In the Arsenal, so that we can see how fatigued you are. Also don´t forget to show your inventory before the test. Too many people exagerate a lot when they give feedback on fatigue. So really the only way to show the BIS Devs that something isn´t right is to make a video that shows problems. You character getting tired in 10 seconds would be such a problem so you shouldn´t have trouble making a video about it.

What's up with all this defending? I know I'm not providing "real" feedback, but they don't need it. The fatigue was almost fine before the fatigue update, the only thing we needed changed was more fatigue for heavy gear and crouching. We never needed more fatigue for normal gear! This is a game!

During the Anniversary livestream today I was an AT soldier. I was HEAVILY loaded, three titan missiles in my backpack and one n the launch tube. Yes, I got tired, but not so quickly that I would have noticed the effect after 11 seconds. And I should be getting tired if I carry 60 kilograms of load on my back jogging. The fatigue is perfectly fine as it is, maybe a few minor tweaks in what exhausts you and what doesn't, but I am very happy with this system as it is.

What's up with all this defending? I know I'm not providing "real" feedback, but they don't need it. The fatigue was almost fine before the fatigue update, the only thing we needed changed was more fatigue for heavy gear and crouching. We never needed more fatigue for normal gear! This is a game!

Careful with the "we" word, mate.

What's up with all this defending?

Has it ever occurred to you that people might think it is perfectly fine as it is now? That is why people are defending it.

Has it ever occurred to you that people might think it is perfectly fine as it is now? That is why people are defending it.

Hard to comprehend for some.

Hi, I'm not having a pop at you, but you should always provide real feedback, or you invalidate everything you say.

During the Anniversary livestream today I was an AT soldier. I was HEAVILY loaded, three titan missiles in my backpack and one n the launch tube. Yes, I got tired, but not so quickly that I would have noticed the effect after 11 seconds. And I should be getting tired if I carry 60 kilograms of load on my back jogging. The fatigue is perfectly fine as it is, maybe a few minor tweaks in what exhausts you and what doesn't, but I am very happy with this system as it is.

You were that dude on the solar tower blasting away at the vehicels on the airfield right? Good job^^

Recently I played more Arma 3 and I really can´t see a problem with the new fatigue system. But my background just may be different from other people. I used to play Arma 2 with ACE exclusively and this system is more forgiving than ACE was. I also know how fast you can get really exhausted IRL. (Try running uphill IRL with 50kg on your body. How will you feel? Then be glad that Arma doesn´t go that far!)

Pro Tip #1 is to keep your rifle lowered when you cross larger distances. That alone helps a lot! Resting for only a few seconds from time to time also keeps your fatigue low and allows you to scan your sourroundings.

I used to play Arma 2 with ACE exclusively and this system is more forgiving than ACE was.

I used to play with VOLCBAT (they were all ACE'd up) and they were really hot on making sure players wouldn't carry too much. There were a couple of guys who carried too much and they were told to dump all the extra shit they were taking so it wouldn't slow the section (squad) down. Quite right too.

This system seems fine as well, as long as you don't try and abuse it.

True, it's funny how some people think that lying somehow makes their feedback

Awww damn, I made a lengthy post and that is what my phone manages to deliver. :plain:

Anyhoo, what I meant to say was it's useless to exaggerate and even blatantly lie of what you are experiencing in the game, no-one is gonna take you seriously and thus your feedback is ignored as a whole.

What people need to realise is that while it's true that soldiers sometimes carry heavy loads, they rarely fight while carrying them. Remember that scene in Saving Private Ryan when they drop some of their gear while setting up to attack the Nazi post? That's how it works. And if you are jumped by the enemy while moving the first thing you do is get rid of your weight. You can't fight effectively while carrying even more than, say, 25 kg.

for that purpose there are quick release stripes that you just need to pull to drop your backpack.

When we wrote the petition to BIS that included a request for a fatigue and encumbrance system, I consulted with an ex-IDF SOF soldier friend of mine, who served in a unit that is known to carry insane weights for long distances. He told me that the most they'll ever carry is 50 kg. with these limitations:

It's only a small portion of the team who will carry such weights.

This portion is combat ineffective and is considered as, quote, "mules".

These guys can't even get up on their feet alone, they'll need help doing that. And they will move very slowly, and, of course, won't be able to run or shoot until getting rid of their backpacks.

Yeah I noticed that those explosives now really hamper both allotted room and movement and I think thats a great thing. Now YOU, the special man with the special job of placing an extremely lethal Satchel Explosive, has to now really think out how to go about getting to his target with:

A. The ability to carry other weapons and REALLY be impaired.

B. Maybe grab a vehicle to hold the heavy armament until extremely close.

C. Landscape will now play a very large factor and must be studied pre-op.

This makes for fantastic gameplay. Consider the alternative in which you load up that satchel, sniper rifle, handgun and 10 grenades sprinting and blasting your way up that sheer rock face while whistling Megadeath in G# -not a care in the world :jump_clap:

I have been doing alot of checkpoint attacks, and what Ill do is load some explosive in the back of the car ( a satchel or something) and spray at the guys with 50 cal, while my friend who sits in the back places explosive and we drive away then blow it up. ( this way he doesnt get fatigued walking around with a satchel, or walking from car with the satchel)

So I actually think overall fatigue is affecting the infantry combat in a pretty positive way most times, but to some extent might discourage long marching (not that holding w key is that exciting).

The game still feels just as relevant and | !!!!****Warning**** "real" **** Warning !!!! | , it affects how I play in some ways and I think that the more things factoring into the game, the better it is becoming, honestly I dont even notice fatigue too much anymore because now my strategy is to sit in buildings and stuff and plan out, it almost changes my tactics indirectly.

Yeah I noticed that those explosives now really hamper both allotted room and movement and I think thats a great thing. Now YOU, the special man with the special job of placing an extremely lethal Satchel Explosive, has to now really think out how to go about getting to his target with:

A. The ability to carry other weapons and REALLY be impaired.

B. Maybe grab a vehicle to hold the heavy armament until extremely close.

C. Landscape will now play a very large factor and must be studied pre-op.

This makes for fantastic gameplay. Consider the alternative in which you load up that satchel, sniper rifle, handgun and 10 grenades sprinting and blasting your way up that sheer rock face while whistling Megadeath in G# -not a care in the world :jump_clap:

That part I kinda agree with (although annoying). But the fatigue for "standard" gear is still way overdone.

You were that dude on the solar tower blasting away at the vehicels on the airfield right? Good job^^

Naw, I took out the first Iffrit and the Tigris. On the airfield assault, I took out the patrolling Marid (Or let's say, my missile hit it, no idea how many of those were flying at that time :D). Then I got shot assaulting the terminal building (the one and only time I died - yay)

That part I kinda agree with (although annoying). But the fatigue for "standard" gear is still way overdone.

I'm inclined to disagree and

. Again I need to reiterate that it *feels* unreasonable due to the fact that fatigue and weight feedback lacks clarity to the player. Simply put, the player doesn't have a good sense of how much they are carrying and how quickly they are tiring so it *feels* overdone.

But it isn't ;)

I am a pvp player, especially CTF and King of the Hill. But I also greatly enjoy simulation and cooperative missions.

I'm a regular player of Arma 3 and and I like how the development progresses.

But the fatigue system is a pain in the ass

Neither is real, it is not fun. No helps simulate

I think it's very easy to see this.

I'm not saying remove it .. but if it checked thoroughly.

Now it is horrible to play in some situations.

I am a pvp player, especially CTF and King of the Hill. But I also greatly enjoy simulation and cooperative missions.

I'm a regular player of Arma 3 and and I like how the development progresses.

But the fatigue system is a pain in the ass

Neither is real, it is not fun. No helps simulate

I think it's very easy to see this.

I'm not saying remove it .. but if it checked thoroughly.

Now it is horrible to play in some situations.

Have you tried change your playstyle? Weapon lowering help a lot(double ctrl). Sprint when necessary(move from cover to cover).

IMO fatigue should be a clickable difficulty setting in the game difficulty settings an NOT forced on us players. Think that would definatly settle some of the masses, or have it a server side setting like the some of the others for VON map voting etc.

What I don't understand is why when you have full gear it takes exactly the same time to start and stop moving as with no gear at all?