DnA's already confirmed that fatigue system-related tweaks (but "not overhaul") are being worked on, so at the very least the current state isn't the intended final state.

That doesn't really say much, does it? Tweaking could also mean making the effect less pronounced. I'd love to hear if the slowdowns durr to load and fatigue are going to make a comeback... And while we're at it, how about these stunning looking clouds that made an appearance one during Beta?

Please BIS, a bit more specific communication would be welcome. We all know the "no promise" mantra, but a bit more concrete information would go a long way...

That doesn't really say much, does it? Tweaking could also mean making the effect less pronounced. I'd love to hear if the slowdowns durr to load and fatigue are going to make a comeback... And while we're at it, how about these stunning looking clouds that made an appearance one during Beta?

Please BIS, a bit more specific communication would be welcome. We all know the "no promise" mantra, but a bit more concrete information would go a long way...

Yeah, I would like to hear from BIS too.

FATIGUE and WEAPON SWAY has its place i know, But i was playing some CDI and other large PVP maps. we travel to the bottom of a hill run up it (not sprint) my guy has a asma attack and i cannot even put the cross hair on a other player 300m away.

In co-op and simulation game modes it may be needed, but in pvp maps it really takes away from the "fun" the game already crater to the guy camping on objectives their is no need to make it harder for us which like to push and attack.

It's quite obviously not developed with the aim of making your life harder in PVP. It's just dumping more simulation into an aspect of the original release that was quite frankly half baked. There are no perks, tricks, or special gear that is going to make this any easier for your opponent. Every player will be limited by physical simulation, just as it should be. It's your job as a player to overcome simple problems like fatigue to accomplish your mission.

While I will admit that the current amount of sway is somewhat too much (for some reason I do like it though), running up a hill in full combat gear is no joke. Neither is engaging at 300m after that.

Some advice I can give to cope with that is to go prone and engage. If they haven't spotted you yet, go prone and wait for your guy to calm down some first.

+1 to the replies here. Also, the game doesn't "cater" to camping. Only someone who doesn't understand flanking and other basic tactics would think a camper has an automatic advantage in Arma. Take advantage of their tunnel vision and your numbers if possible.

While I think fatigue affecting weapon sway is important, I think the current implementation needs quite a lot of refinement. Currently fatigue simply amplifies the speed of the sway to the point where the rifle appears to almost vibrate up and down in 1st person view. Sure it affects aim when fatigued, but it sure looks annoying and unrealistic.

FATIGUE and WEAPON SWAY has its place i know, But i was playing some CDI and other large PVP maps. we travel to the bottom of a hill run up it (not sprint) my guy has a asma attack and i cannot even put the cross hair on a other player 300m away.

Try that IRL and you will find that it is even harder than it is in arma.

Also know that these futures are still work in progress. Wait until the bootcamp patch before you judge. Thats when all the futures should be implemented and only then can we start criticising.

Hey Devs

I don't play the Dev branch, but currently in live the fatigue system is a major pain in the. Sure people what like to co-op and play slower mass tactical games love it. But thier is a major population what like to play CDI, TKOTH, DM, TDM and the fatigue just makes you extremely angry it promotes camping! If you attack an objective you pretty much cannon fodder =/ You cannot even run up a hill with out having a asma attack. Please remember Game > real life.

Chill out Sillywabbit :)

Fatigue will be compleatly overhauled in next patch.

thier is a major population what like to play CDI, TKOTH, DM, TDM and the fatigue just makes you extremely angry it promotes camping!

Well, this is one of the advantages defenders SHOULD have over attackers, and that's totally logical.

Well, this is one of the advantages defenders SHOULD have over attackers, and that's totally logical.

And while Arma 3 is a game based off Simulation with an Infantry Focus, this is absolutely correct. Others can say, "Camper!", while the intelligent will differ as a viable defensive tactic, and works best in different locations with a team. Don't mistake the two. That's one thing that almost drives me insane. ;)

The mission makers always have the possibility to turn off fatigue anyway. Perfect for unrealistic gametypes such as deathmatch, capture the flag etc....

Hey Devs

I don't play the Dev branch, but currently in live the fatigue system is a major pain in the. Sure people what like to co-op and play slower mass tactical games love it. But thier is a major population what like to play CDI, TKOTH, DM, TDM and the fatigue just makes you extremely angry it promotes camping! If you attack an objective you pretty much cannon fodder =/ You cannot even run up a hill with out having a asma attack. Please remember Game > real life.

Well, you have to be kidding...

Is it just me or does the fatigue threshold seem to lower as time passes by? I've noticed units getting losing their ability to sprint after a couple of seconds after several run+stops and I'm wondering if it's just me.

Also, while the existence of vertical sway is fairly realistic the way it almost vibrates when in motion is a bit too much. Perhaps on uneven ground it would be something like this but on flat land you could be able to manage sway to have it fairly close (though noticeably more) to standing up.

The fatigue is now more punished in the recovery. So if you've a full gear you can run some time but you recover very slowly. At first you seem like a superman with a full gear like before but then after couple of minutes you notice that it takes much time to recover back to 0 fatigue. Without stuff you get fatigued after a time that seems to be bit too easy but only a 2s stop can recover huge amount of fatigue back and you can run again long time before you need to make a second 2s stop which balances it out. I also noticed that if you go for a very max gear the fatigue doesn't recover at all or very very slowly untill you drop some stuff.

Jogging is the best way to move now and sprint should be used if you really need that. And remember to keep your weapon down because it also fatigues more.

There are some good scripts at the first few pages to monitor your fatigue. Here's a small version of Greenfist's script that I use:

enableSaving [false, false];

_newfat = 0;
_oldfat = 0;
_diffat = 0;
while {true} do
{ 	
_newfat = round((getfatigue player)* 1000);
_diffat = (_newfat - _oldfat);
hintsilent format["%1 fatigue\nChange %2",_newfat,_diffat];
sleep 1;
_oldfat = _newfat;
}

Put it in your mission init file and you're good to go.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I've wondered the same thing. Is it anyway realistic or even reasonable that with a heavy backpack you recover much slower than naked? Even when lying down?

And I've kept my gun down ever since I realized lowering your weapon you get exhausted slower. This ways you also jog faster when extremely fatigued; there's a 2km/h difference.

I've wondered the same thing. Is it anyway realistic or even reasonable that with a heavy backpack you recover much slower than naked? Even when lying down?

Ever tried to rest with 30kg backpack pressing on your spine? ;)

Testing it right now... the fatigue system is amazing *_*. Thanks for the script.

Yep. It's not comfortable :D

Anyone else think that recovery is too fast for units with light load? Just a few seconds and you are good for another 200 meters of sprinting. Too fast for my taste.

Yes I have. Of course standing up with that kind of gear will wear you down a bit but it's not THAT different from lighter gear as it is now in the game.

Yes I have. Of course standing up with that kind of gear will wear you down a bit but it's not THAT different from lighter gear as it is now in the game.

Sorry? You initially asked:

Answer is: yes, it's realistic.

I can't get you now, are you saying that "while naked" you rest much faster, or is it "not that different"?

Not very realistic way but I think it does the job well to balance light/heavy weight gear. You can run for that small amount of time at first but you don't really run anymore unless you take a longer rest.

Question: is running while "kneeling" more exhausting than running while "standing"/upright?

And number two: am I the only one that thinks running while "standing" should be notably faster than that "kneeling"-run (due to smaller steps)? I can't really tell if I'm indeed faster with upright posture, so is there actually a difference? So far I think kneel-running is a tad bit too fast. Anyone else?