Would it be possible to throw in an adrenaline factor into fatigue. Because while it it realistic, adrenaline is a huge factor in combat

i hope not - in the first days ok yo hear your breath loudern than all the others. that is not all time ! you get used to.!!! and than is the effect very very small ....

i need that shit not in a game and in five mins i hear only myself i breat we are are kid after 1km run and the the other shit - that totally sucks !!

a display for my fatigue - a little berating and slower reaction are enough

to many visuals and restrictions sucks ;) life is to different for this !

and on the other side have you as the weakness unit in this game as a infantrymen the most restrictions and with the lowest place to hide ( rough terrain )!! and the other dude in his tank -with her own radar station ^^ shot over the half map on targets where here cant see .... the ai see all as gunner . a turret speed so fast you can play with the mouse ... and all the others . this is absolute bad for the game play.

see the big whole not all time only what you like plays ;)

you like nuts ? fine.. the other half world not ^^

Edited by JgBtl292

So I guess the new fatigue/body armor stuff wasn't working right, so they removed it? How many features now where this has happened? :p

So I guess the new fatigue/body armor stuff wasn't working right, so they removed it? How many features now where this has happened? :p

It is unfinished and they cut it off for now to prepare the RC for the main branch. Looking forward to have it back.

So I guess the new fatigue/body armor stuff wasn't working right, so they removed it?

Yes thats correct they REMOVED it just like they said:

Recent work on fatigue and personal protection was disabled temporarily because they are not quite ready yet, and we are preparing for a main branch update. Work on them should continue right after that release (planned for this week).

It was probably mucking up the next campaign chapter.

I doubt it, the fatigue effects really weren't that bad that they would messup a mission. At most it would make a mission a couple minutes longer. It sounded like it was a deeper routed problem. But really that's just random guessing who knows. I am missing the effects though.

Is it actually "disabled temporarily" or simply rolled back to the way that it was before the tweaking began? I agree with Coulum that the initial announcement in this thread by a dev sounded more like "a deeper routed problem", although I imagine that they (hopefully?) took some lessons from the brouhaha involving "SURVIVE":

specifically the mortar implementations in "Radio Silence" and "Tipping Point", especially in light of what Zipper5 said

Despite that, I'm guessing that it's something more fundamental because it's not like the campaign is coming out for at least a week and a half, could even be late December, unless not rolling back the changes would have caused them to slip December (for "ADAPT") as well... although if that were true, would imply something morbidly hilarious about the campaign development... point is, with the campaign DnA (thankfully) forecast far enough into the future that they don't have to RUSHTOPUSHITOUTTHISWEEKDUMPFATIGUEIFNEEDBETONOTSLIPRELEASEDATE.

Actually on second thought, reading the sitrep, it sounds like they just wanted to release another patch on stable but since fatigue and armour are still work in progress they disabled them so that they can release the what is done minus the wip stuff.

So what you're seeing is that the fatigue/personal armor implementations are in dev eyes so WIP that they'd rather not release them to stable branch at all this time around (as in, this week's patch) than to release them to stable branch in their current state? Maybe it'll be like the pre-September 12 "data lock"?

Yeah, exactly. For armour I would definetly say its not in a great state right now. And fatigue seems pretty good to me, but obviously they got more plans for it that they haven't implemented yet. At least thats my new take on it. Exactly like the release data lock.

It is unfinished and, more important, unbalanced. (hope isn't against the rules to use that word here :P)

Whats out of balance? (I assume you mean its not balanced with reality)

Unbalanced on the sense that rifle A weights 2 and rifle B, which is pretty much the same thing, weights 4. And this goes across the board for items, vests, gear.

At least I think so.

Anyway, it will be back and sooner or later will hit the main branch. I'm already missing it and it is a game changer for sure.

Anyway, it will be back and sooner or later will hit the main branch. I'm already missing it and it is a game changer for sure.

Yeah i miss it as well, i dont really want to play at the moment and i wish i didnt have to update.

Yeah i miss it as well, i dont really want to play at the moment and i wish i didnt have to update.

I disabled updating until fatigue comes back or until some other game changing feature steps in.

EDIT:

Damn, now I realized Steam won't let me to launch the game without latest updates even if I disabled automatic updating... :-(

Edited by Bouben

Try offline mode. I can play the game even while an update is paused, that way.

Err, did they actually disable fatigue altogether or merely roll it back to how it was as of the prior stable branch version?

Err, did they actually disable fatigue altogether or merely roll it back to how it was as of the prior stable branch version?

No, they merely reverted to the original system so the stable patch could roll out. The WIP system should be back on DEV soon.

So when is this crucial, very awaited feature coming back to Arma 3? I can't stand the absence of certain clunkiness and heaviness I was used to in OFP and previous Armas.

BIS, what is planned about fatigue yet? Thanks.

So when is this crucial, very awaited feature coming back to Arma 3? I can't stand the absence of certain clunkiness and heaviness I was used to in OFP and previous Armas.

BIS, what is planned about fatigue yet? Thanks.

wow you want them to bring back the horrid control movement that arma 2 had?

Horrid for fps players and people used to twitch shooters... There are improvements with Arma 3's movement but there are also many downgrades from Arma 2.

I actually never noticed a problem in Arma 2 with aiming and movement because I think before I aim and didn't play it like your standard arcade fps.

You'll have to wait for a game that is made as simulator or for mods to fix things sadly.

Horrid for fps players and people used to twitch shooters... There are improvements with Arma 3's movement but there are also many downgrades from Arma 2.

I actually never noticed a problem in Arma 2 with aiming and movement because I think before I aim and didn't play it like your standard arcade fps.

You'll have to wait for a game that is made as simulator or for mods to fix things sadly.

ArmA 3 isn't an arcade game nor is the movement any more "arcade" than in ArmA 2. There is nothing to fix in ArmA 3. If you want to have that god awful movement system from ArmA 2, play that. I have countless bad memories of trying to carefully peek from a doorway/corner, hitting W key slightly to move forward. End result of that is that your character takes few steps forward, leaving you completely in the open like a retard. The problem with movement in ArmA 2 is just that, it wasn't predictable with its quirks.

In real life you don't accidentally step out of a door, or step out from cover. That's why ArmA 3 has better movement overall.

ArmA 3 isn't an arcade game nor is the movement any more "arcade" than in ArmA 2. There is nothing to fix in ArmA 3. If you want to have that god awful movement system from ArmA 2, play that. I have countless bad memories of trying to carefully peek from a doorway/corner, hitting W key slightly to move forward. End result of that is that your character takes few steps forward, leaving you completely in the open like a retard. The problem with movement in ArmA 2 is just that, it wasn't predictable with its quirks.

In real life you don't accidentally step out of a door, or step out from cover. That's why ArmA 3 has better movement overall.

Arma 3 is missing inertia and weapon collisions. That is what I meant.

Edit: Sniperwolf572 Explained what I mean really well. The weapons lack inertia in Arma 3 unlike Arma 2. To add to it though when moving around, you can turn on a dime while running and do other movements with no inertia. It very unrealistic to turn instantly while running and its also extremely unrealistic to swing heavy weapons around like they are pistols.

Edited by ProGamer

It's not that simple. While the new handling method is a great improvement to weapons that should feel responsive in your hands, it also feels that certain heavy weapons are too easy to control. Heavy MG's and long barreled rifles feel no different than a "Vermin" in the game. I believe adding some control over some sort of unwieldiness (not necessarily the kind that was in Arma 2) in the configs of the weapons would make them feel much better. Especially now that weapon length no longer factors in the collision geometry.

Imagine this. Right now you have a bunch of MX variants that do not feel any different. So imagine if the baseline MX was "normal" handling, MXC was really controllable, "twitch" rifle, if you will. While the MXM, due to it's size, had slight sluggishness. And then maybe attachments could also affect it, so if you added a silencer to the default MX, the silencer would give it some slight sluggishness, maybe to the level of the MXM. Tacking on a huge TWS scope would make even MXC feel bad, but you get an almost cheat level of thermal detection with it, so it would be ok.

On the other hand, GM6 would be even more sluggish than MXM. This way, the weapons have some sort of purpose. GM6's sluggishness wouldn't really affect it any as you don't need it to be twitchy as you'll be sniping from afar, and you don't need to turn on a dime and you'd be penalised in CQB so you have more reason to draw your super controllable handgun and trade off the instakill potential of GM6.

Right now, a simple toggle to the GM6 SOS backup sights makes you a death machine as long as you can deal with recoil and there is no reason to prefer a handful of SMG's in the game if you have a choice between an SMG and a 200 round MG for CQB.

Arma 2's horrid aiming control made all the weapons feel unwieldy and CQB was poor even when equipped properly, while Arma 3 aiming controls make all weapons feel like micro SMG's and CQB feels good even with the weapons that logically wouldn't. There should be some variance in the way weapons control. I really don't see a reason to twitch turn around with MG's and snipers, especially if you are doing what they are designed to do.

The main problem with Arma 2's turning mechanism was that it was inconsistent. If a 20cm mouse drag with M4 in Arma 2 always rotated you the same amount, and a 20cm mouse drag with an M107 rotated you the same amount, but lower than an M4, you wouldn't see as many people complaining. From what I can tell consistency is the key, not the speed.

Edited by Sniperwolf572