Ranwer135

EA-6B Prowler (Work In Progress)

Ranwer you work fast, awesome to see how the model is starting to get the proper shape.

Yeah. Very fast. ;) 3D Ripper is a wonderfull thing. Anyway good luck.

Edited by ArtTem

It should be. But the EW will be a bit unrealistic because arma 3 doesnt have any jamming effects (except the splashscreen)
And of course, without a map that's as 'long' as a publicly-claimed range of 48+ km* for the HARM, much less a HARM successor (ATK claims it to be compatible with the Prowler, but I believe that scale of Arma is too small for it to make an in-game difference over the HARM), there's going to be some degree of "winging it" in the in-game simulation thereof... ditto for any missile with an operational range in excess of 45+ km.

As far as EW simulation, here's an article page with an anecdote by John Paquin about Jane's F/A-18 development, where he's quoted as saying that when he flat-outed asked two guys familiar with the real avionics "is this how it works?" about the A2A radar (ID'ing other aircraft by radar signature), they went off into an office and closed the door for a private conversation because as Paquin later found out, "what I had put in was close to what the classified system actually does, and they needed to discuss whether it was too close to ship with, but they couldn’t tell me that (because then I’d know what the real system was like)."

Personally from my testing of Franze's Su-17M4/Su-22M4 I didn't find it that useful as a model for EW capability, since outside of the test mission it seemed like the aircraft (or at least the Su-22M4) didn't have certain capabilities "innate" in the aircraft but rather that they were reliant on scripting, and I'm not aware of "standalone EW mods" (that is, simulation of EW without being tied to a specific plane) for Arma, although there have been some "realistic radar" (detection) attempts for Arma and Arma 2.

* I'm using a publicly-accessible US military site for defining "publicly-claimed" here.

Yeah. Very fast. ;) 3D Ripper is a wonderfull thing. Anyway good luck.

What do you even mean by that? No ripped content is allowed on these forums.

You are absolutly right.

Yeaaaaah. Look i've created the same model and much faster. OMG.

33e4qi9.png

I just wanna to say that i'ts not a right way to begin learning of 3D or Mod making using a ripped models from commercial products...

Topicstarter must understand. That, without hard learning of 3D and Mod making step by step, from zero level, it will be hard for him to make "normal rip" (not my way) or to make any good model or mod from the scratch (my way). Because to make such crime, it is amusing, but you need strong knowledge of basics too.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2lu9ymg.jpg (207 kB)

Anyway, i wish a goodluck to topicstarter with his mod.

Edited by ArtTem

While it's "an old 70s film" (though one of the YouTube comments says that it must have been made in the 80s), I can't find any other source to confirm or deny the description that it's an actually a promotional film produced by Grumman/Aerolog, which makes it an adequate and (I suppose surprisingly) descriptive look at the Prowler's capabilities with a look at (possibly simulated) avionics and instruments... for example, stating that the tail pod is actually a receiver for detecting enemy radar emissions, as well as giving a look at what radar jamming is supposed to look like both from the electronic countermeasures officer (ECMO) point of view and from the jammed radars' end, showing a jammer pod control box, etc.

P.S. Noble Gas, as per two pages back, what was that naval mod you mentioned?

Hmmm... so... whats the deal, then, if I may ask?
... No ripped content is allowed on these forums...

AlexVestin said everything.

Look, guys. I'm really using Gmax (and ive never heard of ripper either). I decided to take on the challenge to make sure this bird gets in arma 3 succesfuly (because other users like in arma 2 didnt finish it).

Look, If you guys are accusing me of fraud and ripping the model, I'll just scrap the model and do something else, because I've had alot of experience in FSX modeling and not arma modelling, so just as it said, if your not happy, ill scrap the project :(

Now, im not using ripper, but If I use other people's content, I would immediately stop the project before continuing on.

Regards,

Ranwer

Edited by Ranwer

Look, guys. I'm really using Gmax (and ive never heard of ripper either). I decided to take on the challenge to make sure this bird gets in arma 3 succesfuly (because other users like in arma 2 didnt finish it).

Look, If you guys are accusing me of fraud and ripping the model, I'll just scrap the model and do something else, because I've had alot of experience in FSX modeling and not arma modelling, so just as it said, if your not happy, ill scrap the project :(

Now, im not using ripper, but If I use other people's content, I would immediately stop the project before continuing on.

Regards,

Ranwer

Stop it please. You know and understand about what i was talking.

I've maded a 3-view scene for you. Try to make your plane without cheats. As it has to be.

23tk212.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oijk27228hty1ar/ea6b_scene.7z

Have a nice day.

With best regards, Artyom.

Edited by ArtTem

Alright. I'll try and make another one from scratch with your views, thanks anyway, bro.

Regards,

Ranwer

BTW: The interior design im making IS from scratch (will post a pic of it soon)

Closing - until IP rights have been verified. Can the Author please PM me.