Sign in to follow this  
jimgun

I hate charlie

Three words that I thought I would never/post/say as I like charlie. They're great guys.

But why do they mock me so?

I've tried pointing with my sights, using the map. I tried moving and adjusting, and keeping the map up/sights up until the thingies hit.

Is it me?

Has anyone else managed to kick charlie into action and get them to sort themselves out?

If so how?

Is it not meant to work?

Is it your first time on a thingy, so because you dont know what the feck you are doing, it "simulates" it?

So many questions.

Please. For the love of charlie...help me. :cool:

ps. thinking this is vague enough to not need spoilers...and besides the above, top work. :D

If youre referring to the mortar section of the

Radio Silence

mission. I have yet to see anyone make them hit, the mission doesnt require them to hit either, go down there and kill the defenders like the man you are.

go down there and kill the defenders like the man you are.

ok....but whats the point of the mortars then? *heads off over hill, disregarding future-tech artillary while fixing a bayonet like the man i am* :)

it has the same point of using the IR lasers and APER mines. Just showing off some feature that is negligible at the state Arma is.

I now think charlie squad are amongst the bravest of the brave.

I was wrong and I apologise.

Don't worry I got ya daddy's watch you kept safe and I'll get home and give it to your son....I promise.

*Brofist*

ps. I enjoy the APER mines . :811:

as pointed out, whether you use the mortars or your own gun to kill everyone doesn't matter, but if you want to use the mortar, saving after each good hit is preferrable and then start from there if you miss the next one. In order to kill the guys on the towers, it is best not to hit right on the tower, but to the back of it where the blast get go through the opening for the stairs, e.g. for the south tower aim for a point a few meters north-east of it and so on.

btw, in that earlier mission, two of the three APER mines I planted west of the Comanche, err, "Blackfoot", went off and did the job. Not bad I'd say.