Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

Hello world

Anyone want to tell the tale of "hello world"? I assume those who already know about it know what I mean.

iNeo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Aug. 27 2002,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">for those that dont...care to enlighten us?<span id='postcolor'>

look at your Avatar, isnt there any company with that mascott  wink.gif

PS: Damn i mixed hello world with something else sad.gif

I don't know much about "Hello world", except that:

- I've heard about it (can't remember where)

- I saw a Swedish internetsite that, what seemed randomly, showed a black on white page saying 'Hello world' instead of their main site, for a couple of days until it was gone (hacked?).

- Today I saw someone playing around with Linux and making it type out 'Hello world'.

iNeo

"Hello World" is a standard test string when you make a program. The most simple of all programs (used for instance as the demonstartion of the syntax of a programming language) is a "Hello World" program - that simply outputs "Hello World" to the screen.

AFAIK, 'Hello world' was first string of characters that were used to test C programming language. and ever since from that time, it became standard.

Also used in some javascript tutorials. They use it to make an error window pop up when you enter a html page.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 27 2002,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AFAIK, 'Hello world' was first string of characters that were used to test C programming language. and ever since from that time, it became standard.<span id='postcolor'>

That's it then, the birth of "Hello world". smile.gif Pretty cool. I'm about to learn programming, things like this are both good fun to know.

Thanks for the replies

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 27 2002,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AFAIK, 'Hello world' was first string of characters that were used to test C programming language. and ever since from that time, it became standard.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that is the first thing I was taught on our first day of programming smile.gif

The language was C of course smile.gif