Sign in to follow this  
maturin

Do your AI teammates get stuck in place all the time?

It seems like every other mission now that one or several members of my team will freeze in place, unable to move. They will happily respond affirmatively to my orders, change stances, shoot, act normally... they just can't actually move. There is no way to rescue them. They are stuck forever.

Unless the missionmaker has given me teamswitching options. Why I switch to their slot, I still cannot move, at least until I use the step-over key.

This happened on three separate occasions in the last mission I played. It is gamebreaking.

I run TMR and TPW, so I don't want to make a big stink about it until I hear from other people. Is this problem familiar? What mods do you run?

Edit: If you respond, say what mods you're running. If vanilla, say so.

Edited by maturin

i haven't experienced nothing like that yet... It looks more low level when you say you need to "vault" the character to unlock, but try issuing this in the debug console when looking at the affected unit:

hintSilent format ["%1", stopped cursorTarget]; cursorTarget forceSpeed -1; cursorTarget enableAI "MOVE"

It should tell you if "stopped" is "true" or "false" in the hint box. If "true" a doStop must have been issued somewhere. If "false" ignore.

the other two should release the character back to moving, attempt giving another move order to be sure. If either of these are successful, there is some unaccounted for AI scripting command issued by the mission or some mod.

I see it occasionally, as well. I'm pretty much always on the Dev build and run TMR and TPW as well, but I'm not sure if that's the issue. I also run WWMod (or whatever it's called) which has an option to "Unstick AI." You have to 50m from them, but it fixes the issue when it pops up.

I have this issue all the time. I just shoot them in frustration.. Sometimes one pistol round to their leg gets them back in the mood to follow orders

ATTACKMODE, do you use mods? That's crucial here.

ATTACKMODE, do you use mods? That's crucial here.

-mod=@Kio_L85A2_v2;@African_conflict_A3_vB0.1;@POMI_PMC;@ADF;@speedofsound;@CBA_A3;@kio_l85a2;@STKR;@TPW_MODS;@mcc_sandbox;@WW_AIMenu;@SpeedOfSoundBetaV2;@RH_M4_1.0

Get that sometimes. I get stuck badly on some odd surface that probably wasn't meant to have me on it (roof) or AI gets stuck randomly on terrain after being told to move somewhere. Try telling them to go back out the way they came it, and mixing that with return to formation commands. That sometimes works. But this issue has been around since ye olden times of yore.

i get that a lot while playing with DUWS scenario, which is the only moment i have to order AIs around and can get the experience, actually.

Tried to shoot them to no avail. ordered them to heal themselves they do it, but sometimes they even can change posture, they just lay low and turn around pivoting on their dicks.

This never happens when they move on their own (i.e. following you staying in formation), but only when you give them an order to move specifically to a point. That is also why it never happened to me during campaign, probably.

i get that a lot while playing with DUWS scenario, which is the only moment i have to order AIs around and can get the experience, actually.

Happens all the time when you recruit new soldiers. Get them one at time and only after opening the door at the 1st floor of the base. Recruit them slowly or they'll get stuck on one another.

I have another issue with DUWS which is all of a sudden the AI stops considering you and your friends as enemy and got to restart all over again but that's another issue. Bottom line: I think it's DUWS.

I've had this happen many times, mainly in DUWS. I found that snipers will switch to their side arms and become stuck, so removing sidearms for snipers helps, but I usually have to save and load the mission for team members to move. This bug happens with tpw mods and vanilla.

Happens all the time when you recruit new soldiers. Get them one at time and only after opening the door at the 1st floor of the base. Recruit them slowly or they'll get stuck on one another.

I have another issue with DUWS which is all of a sudden the AI stops considering you and your friends as enemy and got to restart all over again but that's another issue. Bottom line: I think it's DUWS.

i never experienced the stuck issue when i recruit new soldiers. it happened just after i cleared an area (just after autosave, damn) i got a medic stuck inside the enemy barrack he could change stance and heal himself but wouldnt budge, and another case of a sniper stuck in open terrain, laying low no matter the order i gave him to raise walk aware take this go there or whatnot.

I posted this in the DUWS thread but since i found this thread outside probably the issue is bigger than the scenario.