Sign in to follow this  
wedieyounge

Arma 3 heavily overpriced in Brazil - discourages new players

Use a proxy to buy a steam key from another country and then activate it on your own.

Or send the money to some friend who lives out of brazil and let him gift it to you.

Pointless, arma costs the same everywhere.

Well the prices here in Brazil are really overrated but what we can do ? well that's the point i need bought my game in other way and just active it by steam the price of the game 135BRL is just so big cause the minimum payment here is 722 BRL what means the game cost more than 10% of your payment which is too much .

What do you Brazilian guys expect actually? Making the price for the game cheaper because the average wage in your country is too low? All the "rich" boys would buy the game in Brazil then and BI would loose a lot of money. What about blockbuster titles like CoD or Battlefield? Are they being sold for less money than in all other countries around the globe? Additionally BI is not asking for 60€ like EA or Activison...

BIS won't be setting the price in each region, but it's the distribution/retail sector that will be.

The distribution is steam-only and BIStore. Out of experience Steam is asking for the same price around the globe. BIStore is sole business of BI (see x-mas sale, which is not applied in steam store). So what's your point?

All the "rich" boys would buy the game in Brazil then and BI would loose a lot of money.

They wouldn't, region block. As I said before they added it after people started to buy in Steam Russia, India and elsewhere.

What about blockbuster titles like CoD or Battlefield? Are they being sold for less money than in all other countries around the globe?

Yes they are. Could have checked the first post or anything after it instead of parachuting in.

Same thing is happening now with DayZ. At R$77 it's way too much for an early access buggy game.

Unless BIS are also their own publisher (which I don't know) then it won't be them but possibly their publisher/distributor who sets the price.

The point is, complaining to the side that 'develops' the game will likely go nowhere, as it's NOT them who handle pricing.

You need to find & contact the publisher with your grievance in the hope they understand and can possibly action your concern.

They wouldn't, region block. As I said before they added it after people started to buy in Steam Russia, India and elsewhere.

Yes they are. Could have checked the first post or anything after it instead of parachuting in.

Same thing is happening now with DayZ. At R$77 it's way too much for an early access buggy game.

Mea culpa, Have read the whole thread but some weeks ago. I forgot about that...

Is this a Steam issue..., pricing?

Tho I do think it's unfair to Brazilian players, since average income is on the low side.

There's always Steam Sales.

Is this a Steam issue..., pricing?

Don't think so. This happens now and then and the price is usually "fixed";

A good example is Deadpool and Fast and Furious: Showdown. Released at $40 and $30, which is ~ R$80 and 60, the Steam price was R$180 and 160!

See, also an eye on mexican, russian and ucranian prices: http://i.imgur.com/aAJgY35.png

Now it's at R$99 which still is a little overpriced (or way overpriced, given the game) but it's within the standards, unlike A3 that is not even finished yet!

Again, BI is just hurting themselves here. OFP1 was published here just because CM was involved. Arma 1 was released on a magazine with a Br community translation very close to A2 release. A2 wasn't published here and now, with A3 localizated in PT-BR, this. Great way to find new markets.

Edited by Smurf

I wasn't compaling about Arma 3 price, since its almost the same for everyone, but what is BIS thinking about Dayz?

€ 23.99

$ 29.99 » € 21.81 (-9.09%)

£ 19.99 » € 23.64 (-1.46%)

руб 999.00 » € 22.06 (-8.05%)

R$ 77.99 » € 24.46 (+1.96%)

We have the most expensive version.

Whats going on BIS?

Best regards

I wasn't compaling about Arma 3 price, since its almost the same for everyone, but what is BIS thinking about Dayz?

€ 23.99

£ 19.99 » € 23.64 (-1.46%)

руб 999.00 » € 22.06 (-8.05%)

R$ 77.99 » € 24.46 (+1.96%)

We have the most expensive version.

Whats going on BIS?

Best regards

The Real have an exchange rate devaluation recently?

It's tough, i know. My cousin owns a 'gaming cafe' in the Philippines. People pay 'bout 30 cents an hour to play on real gaming rigs.

Not many new titles found out there.

The Real have an exchange rate devaluation recently?

It's tough, i know. My cousin owns a 'gaming cafe' in the Philippines. People pay 'bout 30 cents an hour to play on real gaming rigs.

Not many new titles found out there.

No, the Real is stable now.

If we use today currency the game should cost R$ 69.90.

I've sent an e-mail to BIS, i hope this to be just a mistake.

best regards

No, the Real is stable now.

If we use today currency the game should cost R$ 69.90.

I've sent an e-mail to BIS, i hope this to be just a mistake.

best regards

Yeah, bad tabulation. Looks like "Cost + 2x (in/out) Brokerage Fee = R78.".

So today i received and e-mail from BIS, about Dayz price over here in Brazil.

And i was really desapointed about their decision to convert our price based in EUR, instead of US Dollar.

"Hello,

there is no difference as the original price is not in US dollar but

from EUR, please try that, the price will be the same.

Thank you for understanding."

After being a loyal client and fan for years, i fear that it's time to stop supporting BIS.

Best regards folks

it's 2% more, a lot more reasonable than the ps4, which is 325% more.

it's 2% more, a lot more reasonable than the ps4, which is 325% more.

that is true

So today i received and e-mail from BIS, about Dayz price over here in Brazil.

And i was really desapointed about their decision to convert our price based in EUR, instead of US Dollar.

"Hello,

there is no difference as the original price is not in US dollar but

from EUR, please try that, the price will be the same.

Thank you for understanding."

After being a loyal client and fan for years, i fear that it's time to stop supporting BIS.

Best regards folks

Drama much? Bi is an european company. In europe we use euro. Where is the issue

Drama much? Bi is an european company. In europe we use euro. Where is the issue

Maybe you should read from begining to understand the issue.

If you still can't understand, unfortunately theres nothing that i can do about that.

Best regards

Edited by anc

Lol, I don't get it either. One euro is 1.37 US dollars, but it doesn't matter which one you convert from...

The argument is that bohemia's games should be cheaper there compared to europe because other games are. Anyway, just get them in a sale, it'll be cheaper than friggin cod, which never goes on sale and is a worthless game.

i read that PS4 are marketed in brasil as cheaply as 1400$ is that true?

Yes in Brazil PS4 is really expensive due to their taxes

The argument is that bohemia's games should be cheaper there compared to europe because other games are. Anyway, just get them in a sale, it'll be cheaper than friggin cod, which never goes on sale and is a worthless game.

This is marketing issue then. BI has the OPTION to sale it cheaper in order to compete with other games, similar to russia for instance. that being said it is still an option which bi can choose to give it a pass. Why so much drama about it?